Stats: 3,179,161 members, 7,907,142 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 02:27 AM

Did You Ever Take 1st Position In Your Class? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Did You Ever Take 1st Position In Your Class? (3848 Views)

Anambra Takes First Position In Schools Debate / If A Teacher Like This Is Found In Your Class, Will You Miss Class? / OAU Takes The First Position In Bamidele Aturu Inaugural Debate (2) (3) (4)

Did You Ever Take 1st Position In Your Class? by Lordave: 12:53pm On Aug 01, 2012
For those of us that spent their secondary school life in Nigeria, how many times did u take the 1st position in your class, and what was your most embarrassing position?
I was the champion in my class in a government secondary school until JSS2 2nd term I was transfered to a private school. I met hell in that school. My 1st result was 8th out of 25 students, I couldn't go home that day. Anyway, I fought back and won the 4th position the next term. In all I took 1st position 6 times and my most embarrassing was 12th position in JSS3 1st term. What about you?
Re: Did You Ever Take 1st Position In Your Class? by jaybee3(m): 12:55pm On Aug 01, 2012
Re: Did You Ever Take 1st Position In Your Class? by Lordave: 1:03pm On Aug 01, 2012
jay bee:
what do You mean?
Re: Did You Ever Take 1st Position In Your Class? by jaybee3(m): 1:14pm On Aug 01, 2012
Making unverifiable claim on the net is definitely not the way to go, No?
Re: Did You Ever Take 1st Position In Your Class? by ULSHERLAN(m): 2:05pm On Aug 01, 2012
@op NO
Re: Did You Ever Take 1st Position In Your Class? by tlaret24(m): 2:50pm On Aug 01, 2012
Re: Did You Ever Take 1st Position In Your Class? by mimicue(f): 4:26pm On Aug 01, 2012
Lordave: For those of us that spent their secondary school life in Nigeria, how many times did u took the 1st position in your class, and what was your most embarrassing position?
I was the champion in my class in a government secondary school until JSS2 2nd term I was transfered to a private school. I met hell in that school. My 1st result was 8th out of 25 students, I couldn't go home that day. Anyway, I fought back and won the 4th position the next term. In all I took 1st position 6 times and my most embarrassing was 12th position in JSS3 1st term. What about you?

=))º˚˚°º˚˚°HaHaº˚˚°º˚˚°=)) ... @ poster dis ur english na war... And u claim to av 1st smh
Re: Did You Ever Take 1st Position In Your Class? by deymeladay(f): 4:33pm On Aug 01, 2012
From your English i can tell the position you were all through your secondary school. =))º˚˚°º˚˚°HaHaº˚˚°º˚˚°=))By the way its TAKE not TOOK.

Lordave: For those of us that spent their secondary school life in Nigeria, how many times did u took the 1st position in your class, and what was your most embarrassing position?
Re: Did You Ever Take 1st Position In Your Class? by Lordave: 4:52pm On Aug 01, 2012
deymeladay: From your English i can tell the position you were all through your secondary school. =))º˚˚°º˚˚°HaHaº˚˚°º˚˚°=))By the way its TAKE not TOOK.

Go on, say what you think.
Re: Did You Ever Take 1st Position In Your Class? by deymeladay(f): 5:24pm On Aug 01, 2012
nice 1 u've corrected it. wink

Lordave: Go on, say what you think.
Re: Did You Ever Take 1st Position In Your Class? by Lordave: 6:18pm On Aug 01, 2012
deymeladay: nice 1 u've corrected it. wink

dat 1 concern u. Did you ever take 1st position in your sec or pri sch?
Re: Did You Ever Take 1st Position In Your Class? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Aug 01, 2012
Life is not fair grin. I can remember a term, in JS2, which my mum unleashed her wrath on me for taking 11th out of 120+ in my class (there was always a combined result in my catholic sec school for JS1 & 2). Meanwhile a dumber friend of mine was promised a brand-new BMX bike if he came within the first 50 cry.

I never took first o. One particular guy had a monopoly on the thing throughout lipsrsealed.
Re: Did You Ever Take 1st Position In Your Class? by deymeladay(f): 9:22am On Aug 02, 2012
lol. Well i can remember coming 1st in those primary classes and 1st few times in secondary schl ...so what awards are u giving? undecided[color=#770077][/color]

Lordave: dat 1 concern u. Did you ever take 1st position in your sec or pri sch?
Re: Did You Ever Take 1st Position In Your Class? by yemstok(m): 9:32am On Aug 02, 2012
ROTFL grin grin Alright, lemme answer your question the way you asked it "I TAKE THE FIRST POSITION ALMOST EVERY TERM IN MY PRIMARY SCHOOL DAYS AND 7 EXACT TERMS IN MY SECONDARY DAYS......SSS3 was the Best, I Came First in three Consecutive terms"
Re: Did You Ever Take 1st Position In Your Class? by Lordave: 9:34am On Aug 02, 2012
Richfella: Life is not fair. I can remember a term, in JS2, which my mum unleashed her wrath on me for taking 11th out of 120+ in my class (there was always a combined result in my catholic sec school for JS1 & 2). Meanwhile a dumber friend of mine was promised a brand-new BMX bike if he came within the first 50 cry.

I never took first o. One particular guy had a monopoly on the thing throughout lipsrsealed.
that's how it was in the private secondary sch I was transfered to. A boy & a girl, I can still remeber their names.
Re: Did You Ever Take 1st Position In Your Class? by Lordave: 9:38am On Aug 02, 2012
yemstok: ROTFL grin grin Alright, lemme answer your question the way you asked it "I TAKE THE FIRST POSITION ALMOST EVERY TERM IN MY PRIMARY SCHOOL DAYS AND 7 EXACT TERMS IN MY SECONDARY DAYS......SSS3 was the Best, I Came First in three Consecutive terms"
I guess you can never 4get how ur parents treated you then. The chicken, new clothes of a thing etc.
Re: Did You Ever Take 1st Position In Your Class? by Lordave: 9:43am On Aug 02, 2012
deymeladay: lol. Well i can remember coming 1st in those primary classes and 1st few times in secondary schl ...so what awards are u giving? undecided[color=#770077][/color]

it's just to keep those old memories alive. But there is still an award.
Re: Did You Ever Take 1st Position In Your Class? by deymeladay(f): 10:34am On Aug 02, 2012
if i hear !
Lordave: it's just to keep those old memories alive. But there is still an award.
Re: Did You Ever Take 1st Position In Your Class? by Lordave: 10:59am On Aug 02, 2012
deymeladay: if i hear !
don't be a doubting Thomas. Their is a prize.
Re: Did You Ever Take 1st Position In Your Class? by ITbomb(m): 11:34am On Aug 02, 2012
The only time I would have taken 1st in SS 2, the Principal said they should combine the classes , A & B in the end I took 3rd. Two mumu in Art Class took first n second.
I never forgive that Principal , why should they combine Science class n Art Class result
Re: Did You Ever Take 1st Position In Your Class? by pearlhapi(f): 11:44am On Aug 02, 2012
Well as for me,I tuk nd maintained my first position frm my primary 1 to primary 6 level•uhun I know lotsa pepo r tinkin of wat to yab me wit ryt now buh seriousli its d truth I jt said•no be my fault,I too sabi buk•winks
Re: Did You Ever Take 1st Position In Your Class? by Lordave: 1:14pm On Aug 02, 2012
ITbomb: The only time I would have taken 1st in SS 2, the Principal said they should combine the classes , A & B in the end I took 3rd. Two mumu in Art Class took first n second.
I never forgive that Principal , why should they combine Science class n Art Class result
Lol. U are funny o
Re: Did You Ever Take 1st Position In Your Class? by Lordave: 1:16pm On Aug 02, 2012
pearl~hapi:
Well as for me,I tuk nd maintained my first position frm my primary 1 to primary 6 level•uhun I know lotsa pepo r tinkin of wat to yab me wit ryt now buh seriousli its d truth I jt said•no be my fault,I too sabi buk•winks
no be lie e dey show for your face. Lol
Re: Did You Ever Take 1st Position In Your Class? by pearlhapi(f): 6:24pm On Aug 02, 2012
Lolz•funny buh yes oooooo it z showin on ma face
Re: Did You Ever Take 1st Position In Your Class? by nikkyshyne(f): 8:58pm On Aug 02, 2012
Never been 1st cry. Not even in my primary school days. But when I was in the Junior secondary school, I was 2nd twice and 3rd once smiley. I was entitled to a gift of my choice each time. I got a bicycle, family game computer and a piano.

Memories smiley
Re: Did You Ever Take 1st Position In Your Class? by Lordave: 9:20pm On Aug 02, 2012
nikkyshyne: Never been 1st cry. Not even in my primary school days. But when I was in the Junior secondary school, I was 2nd twice and 3rd once smiley. I was entitled to a gift of my choice each time. I got a bicycle, family game computer and a piano.

Memories smiley
I guess those things made u less serious.
Re: Did You Ever Take 1st Position In Your Class? by nikkyshyne(f): 10:25pm On Aug 02, 2012
Less serious ke? Abi it motivated me to work harder. Getting a gift at the end of a term you think say e easy?
Re: Did You Ever Take 1st Position In Your Class? by Lordave: 10:29pm On Aug 02, 2012
nikkyshyne: Less serious ke? Abi it motivated me to work harder. Getting a gift at the end of a term you think say e easy?
e no easy. But those video game of a thing. You no understand?
Re: Did You Ever Take 1st Position In Your Class? by nikkyshyne(f): 11:28pm On Aug 02, 2012
Oh yes. My dad had all that on check. At a point he takes it to his room and bring it out weekends. Same with the bicycle. He bought a chain lock.
Re: Did You Ever Take 1st Position In Your Class? by Lordave: 7:43am On Aug 03, 2012
nikkyshyne: Oh yes. My dad had all that on check. At a point he takes it to his room and bring it out weekends. Same with the bicycle. He bought a chain lock.
smart dad.
Re: Did You Ever Take 1st Position In Your Class? by broisrael(m): 9:37pm On Jun 04, 2020
Re: Did You Ever Take 1st Position In Your Class? by Alao046(m): 11:41pm On Jun 04, 2020
Yeah, just once, that was in my primary 4 first term, apart from that it has been 2nd or 3rd from primary school till jss 3. From ss1 to ss3 na miss road, now I am in 400level and my head is just totally blunt, I am not sure I can memorize one line of anything about book. The only thing that enters my head now is programming, bet, and movies.

Direct Entry Admission Into The Faculty Of Law, University Of Lagos / AAU Student and a Narialander shows off his appearance in Moot court (Photos) / READ: Schools Reopening Suffers A Major Setback After A New Development