Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,513 members, 7,911,251 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 08:17 AM

Subsidy Scam Suspect Denied Bail Over ‘Criminal History’ - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Subsidy Scam Suspect Denied Bail Over ‘Criminal History’ (6887 Views)

See Nnamdi Kanu’s Facial Expression When He Was Denied Bail (photos) / Lecturer Dr Danfulani Arrested For Criticizing Buhari On Facebook Denied Bail / DSS May Arrest APC's Ambode Over Criminal Conduct In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subsidy Scam Suspect Denied Bail Over ‘Criminal History’ by dedeike: 11:32am On Aug 02, 2012
I have always said it that the responsibility of administering justice in this prosecution of oil thieves have shifted to the judiciary.
The president has done his own by charging the suspects. It remains for the courts to have the courage and wil to administer justice without fear or favour.
This is a classical case of that resolve. You must not always grant bail. At times, you refuse bail and there's nothing any one can do about it.
Re: Subsidy Scam Suspect Denied Bail Over ‘Criminal History’ by andyanders: 11:56am On Aug 02, 2012
Well connected.Only the poor go to jail in Nigeria. How come they knew him all this while with multiple ID and still left him dinning with high and mighty.A single person obtained such loans without collateral and was still left? Top government officials must be involved.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Scam Suspect Denied Bail Over ‘Criminal History’ by Reference(m): 11:59am On Aug 02, 2012
pokur: If the EFCC knew this guy's history since 2010,how come he got license to import fuel and claim subsidy?

With the millions spent on the department in charge of due process.
Re: Subsidy Scam Suspect Denied Bail Over ‘Criminal History’ by Reference(m): 12:06pm On Aug 02, 2012
Billyonaire: I propose 100% subsidy removal.

That remains the only option to weeding these criminals out. Which retailer will pay billions for what he hasn't received especially to a celebrated felon.
Re: Subsidy Scam Suspect Denied Bail Over ‘Criminal History’ by TheShopKeeper(m): 3:20pm On Aug 02, 2012
1. Most of the guys have access to a big time political godfather.
2. Most of the guys on trials are 'puns' of the main culprits in position of authority in this country.
3. Check out the websites of most of the companies including Fargo Petroleum, indicted in the subsidy reports, their websites is just too amateurish and mostly photoshops.
4. Fargo Petroleum, which this guy is managing is owned by Otunba Gbenga Daniel.
5. The majority of fuel marketers contributed handsomely to GEJ's campaign.
6. At the end of this mini exercise of answering their names in court, they will only be fined or jailed for less than three years.
7. The masses including you and I, will continue to make noise, yet nothing will happen until true revolution occurs via the ballot box.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Scam Suspect Denied Bail Over ‘Criminal History’ by Candybob(m): 8:13pm On Aug 02, 2012
Ibori, lucky, Alams have all slipped british law enforcement but no one called them inept, these same people repeat their stunts here in 9ja and our system is christened 'inept'! Give us a break, our criminals are just too cunning for any system to deal with much less our weak legal system! Sometimes i blame judges for most of the problems in our legal system especially anti-corruption/efcc. They are just too dogmatic!
Re: Subsidy Scam Suspect Denied Bail Over ‘Criminal History’ by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:11pm On Aug 02, 2012
Billyonaire: I propose 100% subsidy removal.

After the part removal of fuel subsidy, the money meant for subsidy for this year is already finished. So with more money in the hands of the Government, the money still finished. So your solution is to put more money in their hands.

As far as I believe, this guy is just a small fry. The guys that wasted the whole money have been granted bail and this chicken in the midst of tolo tolo is what this government guys are using to act NOLLYWOOD movie. tongue
Re: Subsidy Scam Suspect Denied Bail Over ‘Criminal History’ by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:24pm On Aug 02, 2012
andyanders: Well connected.Only the poor go to jail in Nigeria. How come they knew him all this while with multiple ID and still left him dinning with high and mighty.A single person obtained such loans without collateral and was still left? Top government officials must be involved.

Even Alameseigha with all his records is still dining with the mighty GEJ. After they will come and tell prosecution this and that.
Re: Subsidy Scam Suspect Denied Bail Over ‘Criminal History’ by MMM2(m): 10:38pm On Aug 02, 2012
No be 9ja again
Re: Subsidy Scam Suspect Denied Bail Over ‘Criminal History’ by emmatok(m): 11:25pm On Aug 02, 2012
D-Explorer:

He sounded like Buhari's spokesman. Just on guard bro! Goodmorning.

LOL,

So na Buhari's spokesman you day look for online.
Re: Subsidy Scam Suspect Denied Bail Over ‘Criminal History’ by oseo1(m): 3:29am On Aug 03, 2012
people do this in every country not just Nigeria. you register a shelf company that gets the licenses not the individuals
Re: Subsidy Scam Suspect Denied Bail Over ‘Criminal History’ by pinozino: 4:57am On Aug 03, 2012
PDP na padipadi govt every one of them are involved d signs are all glearing.All suspect will b free atlast d suspect are all sons and friends of d influencial,its only God can judge our leaders,I rest my case!!!
Re: Subsidy Scam Suspect Denied Bail Over ‘Criminal History’ by Saintparis1: 2:10pm On Aug 09, 2012
[color=][/color]Ok

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Merger Of Parties: INEC Gives Green Light / 18 Killed As Boat Capsized In Niger / Obasanjo Who Is He ? How Well Did He Perform?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.