Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,154 members, 7,977,325 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 05:36 AM

British PM Takes Public Transport To Olympics: Can Our Leaders Try This? (Pic) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / British PM Takes Public Transport To Olympics: Can Our Leaders Try This? (Pic) (9427 Views)

Nigerian Who May Become First Black British PM / Ogun Statae Gov Sen Amosun Spends 500m To Send Delegation To Olympics & Mecca / No Official Delegation To Olympics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: British PM Takes Public Transport To Olympics: Can Our Leaders Try This? (Pic) by Skii(m): 10:35am On Aug 02, 2012
Okija_juju:

He lives in Aso Rock, he dosent need a train to get to work...

I have never been to Aso Rock nor seen from the TV or internet what it looks like so I don't know the geography of the place but I am sure the office complex and the residential compound are not in the same building and regardless of their distance apart, I am almost certain that GEJ doesnt walk or cycle to the office from home!!
Re: British PM Takes Public Transport To Olympics: Can Our Leaders Try This? (Pic) by jidewash(m): 10:36am On Aug 02, 2012
No big deal in dis anyway.fashola took okada in ibadan.left all d convoy due traffic jam.
Re: British PM Takes Public Transport To Olympics: Can Our Leaders Try This? (Pic) by Skii(m): 10:38am On Aug 02, 2012
antitpiah:

Dont believe everything you see. Common people like you are only meant to see a couple of secretly armed police which may not be obvious from the photograph above because of the angle from which the pix was taken. There are no doubts that there are armed MI5 agents, armed plain clothes officers, armed bodyguards and maybe a few James Bonds all nearby and mixed in with the crowd, in the train, and on the ground, stationed at all his stops; they are all trained to notice potential threats and counter them before they become real threats, and they are all trained to blend into the background and not be noticed. Just try grabbing the prime minister and see how far you get. If you look closely enough, the passengers around him were carefully selected and werent too close to him. Again, dont let Oyinbo fool you.

Well, you might have a point there sha
Re: British PM Takes Public Transport To Olympics: Can Our Leaders Try This? (Pic) by Claus(m): 10:38am On Aug 02, 2012
binger: In as much as it is a good gesture,it is not advisable in Nigeria.Safety is not assured and you might be gunned downed by your political rivals.Thats how they killed Tafawa Balewa.He went alone to fuel his car at a petrol station in 1996.He even stood in the queue,and suddenly ,gunmen came along and shot him dead.Its just not possible here.

Huh!!! Let's not re-write history here. Tafawa Balewa was abducted by coup plotting soldiers from his home in the dead of the night. Also, I assume you mean 1966 and not 1996.

1 Like

Re: British PM Takes Public Transport To Olympics: Can Our Leaders Try This? (Pic) by Okijajuju1(m): 10:41am On Aug 02, 2012
Skii:

I have never been to Aso Rock nor seen from the TV or internet what it looks like so I don't know the geography of the place but I am sure the office complex and the residential compound are not in the same building and regardless of their distance apart, I am almost certain that GEJ doesnt walk or cycle to the office from home!!

Na wah o!!

Una like quarrel for this country.. So make Presido dey ride bicycle just so that e go be like say ehn dey suffer!! Na Wah o!!
Re: British PM Takes Public Transport To Olympics: Can Our Leaders Try This? (Pic) by kutchs: 10:44am On Aug 02, 2012
Whatz the big deal? Listen folks you have got to give this constant Jonathan bashing a rest, aint helping you. Go find urselves something to do and leave Jonathan alone. Habaa, u guys are becoming too disgusting.
Re: British PM Takes Public Transport To Olympics: Can Our Leaders Try This? (Pic) by Skii(m): 10:45am On Aug 02, 2012
Okija_juju:

Na wah o!!

Una like quarrel for this country.. So make Presido dey ride bicycle just so that e go be like say ehn dey suffer!! Na Wah o!!

My brother, quarrel no dey there,
Na just sey part of the leadership attributes na humility and ability to empathize with the people wey the leader dey lead

Shikena!!
Re: British PM Takes Public Transport To Olympics: Can Our Leaders Try This? (Pic) by antitpiah: 10:45am On Aug 02, 2012
Okija_juju:

Na wah o!!

I dont know why we should do everything like the White man . . . We dress like thme, eat their tasteless food, and now some people here on NL want GEJ to start acting like the UK PM. Black man and their colonial mentality.
Re: British PM Takes Public Transport To Olympics: Can Our Leaders Try This? (Pic) by antitpiah: 10:49am On Aug 02, 2012
daywatcher: the gap between African and western leaders is too immense to compare

And you drew this your 'immense' conclusion from the picture above? An ordinary westerner would most likely have thought nothing of the picture above . . . I guess the gap in thinking and ability to critically analyze issues between African and Western citizens is too immense to compare cool

1 Like

Re: British PM Takes Public Transport To Olympics: Can Our Leaders Try This? (Pic) by Emmy9ite(m): 11:20am On Aug 02, 2012
Melahou: whats the big deal taking public transport when you have a car that can conveniently take you any where...
even as a private person i wld rather take my personal car than go on public transport...
there`s no point here at all...
who so ever feels like taking public transport should do that,its a matter of choice n has nothing to do with leadership by example.
abeg help me tell them o

cool
Re: British PM Takes Public Transport To Olympics: Can Our Leaders Try This? (Pic) by flexdee(m): 11:28am On Aug 02, 2012
Our leaders can't try such cos they don't want to die but want to continue looting our funds. Smh
Re: British PM Takes Public Transport To Olympics: Can Our Leaders Try This? (Pic) by duni04(m): 11:30am On Aug 02, 2012
antitpiah:

Dont believe everything you see. Common people like you are only meant to see a couple of secretly armed police which may not be obvious from the photograph above because of the angle from which the pix was taken. There are no doubts that there are armed MI5 agents, armed plain clothes officers, armed bodyguards and maybe a few James Bonds all nearby and mixed in with the crowd, in the train, and on the ground, stationed at all his stops; they are all trained to notice potential threats and counter them before they become real threats, and they are all trained to blend into the background and not be noticed. Just try grabbing the prime minister and see how far you get. If you look closely enough, the passengers around him were carefully selected and werent too close to him. Again, dont let Oyinbo fool you.
Abeg stop being melodramatic. You're talking like someone that does nothing other than watch james bond movies.

1 Like

Re: British PM Takes Public Transport To Olympics: Can Our Leaders Try This? (Pic) by Biggyd2: 11:40am On Aug 02, 2012
It will be difficult. Maybe a few during campaign. They won't because they know that they have consistently failed to provide security in the country. Again the gully between the rulers and the ruled is VERY wide and deep. Moreover you want the poor masses to rub dortii for dem agbada? undecided
Re: British PM Takes Public Transport To Olympics: Can Our Leaders Try This? (Pic) by Cupidkc(m): 11:42am On Aug 02, 2012
chelseabmw: Gov Oshiomole can do more than this even Rochas Okorocha can too........ It's nice to see things like this.
Sure i believe you,there was a day i saw Rochas Okorocha in Owerri near ph road, in a black jeep wt his driver alone,and he even sat infront. He stopped to buy groundnut and joined the long traffic afterward.
Re: British PM Takes Public Transport To Olympics: Can Our Leaders Try This? (Pic) by naptu2: 11:51am On Aug 02, 2012
The problem is with both the leaders and the followers. Remember how Ojo Madueke was insulted when, as transport minister, he started cycling to work and FEC meetings and advised Nigerians to do the same?

He was accused of trying to take us back to the stone age.

Re: British PM Takes Public Transport To Olympics: Can Our Leaders Try This? (Pic) by Nobody: 11:58am On Aug 02, 2012
Okija_juju: Yes!!!

Jonathan took public Train from Lagos to Ibadan.

So what?!!

See the way them be like chimpanzees when just discover how to use tools
Re: British PM Takes Public Transport To Olympics: Can Our Leaders Try This? (Pic) by monami2abd: 12:25pm On Aug 02, 2012
antitpiah:

I dont know why we should do everything like the White man . . . We dress like thme, eat their tasteless food, and now some people here on NL want GEJ to start acting like the UK PM. Black man and their colonial mentality.

Listen to yourself!!! i can't help but lol... Going by your analogy, i guess you are supposed to be in the farm now tapping palm wine instead of using a laptop/phone to surf the internet and even make comment on NL. Sometimes people speak before thinking. Common sense is not common indeed. So because we are talking about humilty in leadership now we should not copy the whites. But u are fast to use their technology abi.... SMH
Re: British PM Takes Public Transport To Olympics: Can Our Leaders Try This? (Pic) by SkyBlue1: 12:25pm On Aug 02, 2012
naptu2: The problem is with both the leaders and the followers. Remember how Ojo Madueke was insulted when, as transport minister, he started cycling to work and FEC meetings and advised Nigerians to do the same?

Unfortunately the part in bold is rarely emphasized enough. Sometimes it seems Nigerians as a people don't know what they want or what their opinion on something is, but are going to complain about it anyway. It can be quite irritating.
Re: British PM Takes Public Transport To Olympics: Can Our Leaders Try This? (Pic) by Nobody: 12:25pm On Aug 02, 2012
kutchs: Whatz the big deal? Listen folks you have got to give this constant Jonathan bashing a rest, aint helping you. Go find urselves something to do and leave Jonathan alone. Habaa, u guys are becoming too disgusting.

I'll tell you what's disgusting: It's disgusting when I'm forced to endure long hours of traffic as a result of complete closure of some streets simply because the president is in town. It's disgusting when a PUBLIC SERVANT drives a motorcade as long as 20 vehicles, which blow sirens loud enough to cause deafness. It's disgusting when ordinary citizens are forced aside because of a passing convoy of undeserving, greedy, thieving lootocrats. Our right to use our roads freely is being trampled upon on a daily basis, and we fold our arms. IN A DEMOCRACY.

That, my friend, is what's disgusting.

2 Likes

Re: British PM Takes Public Transport To Olympics: Can Our Leaders Try This? (Pic) by jmaine: 12:38pm On Aug 02, 2012
Double post
Re: British PM Takes Public Transport To Olympics: Can Our Leaders Try This? (Pic) by jmaine: 12:39pm On Aug 02, 2012
Skii:

Well, you might have a point there sha

He definitely has a point . . ."might have" should not even suffice in your sentence . . .
Re: British PM Takes Public Transport To Olympics: Can Our Leaders Try This? (Pic) by Olaone1: 12:44pm On Aug 02, 2012
Probably his first time time on the Underground. Nouveau riche
Re: British PM Takes Public Transport To Olympics: Can Our Leaders Try This? (Pic) by jmaine: 12:45pm On Aug 02, 2012
naptu2: The problem is with both the leaders and the followers. Remember how Ojo Madueke was insulted when, as transport minister, he started cycling to work and FEC meetings and advised Nigerians to do the same?

LOL . .Na demo we bin call that stunt grin
Re: British PM Takes Public Transport To Olympics: Can Our Leaders Try This? (Pic) by tpia5: 12:49pm On Aug 02, 2012
If nigeria had a metro, i'm sure nigerian leaders would take it?
Re: British PM Takes Public Transport To Olympics: Can Our Leaders Try This? (Pic) by Olaone1: 12:53pm On Aug 02, 2012
antitpiah:

100 percent correct.
More than half of passengers on that carriage belong to secret service

Publicity stunt

1 Like

Re: British PM Takes Public Transport To Olympics: Can Our Leaders Try This? (Pic) by ommohgyahooco: 1:54pm On Aug 02, 2012
it is well oo
Re: British PM Takes Public Transport To Olympics: Can Our Leaders Try This? (Pic) by DANILSA(m): 1:56pm On Aug 02, 2012
mrkels:
I'm sure it would take him less than 5pounds to get there, if na Gej, it would take 40,000pounds for him and his follwers to get there . Wasting govt funds. Nigeria's no 1 problem is cost of governance.
guy let's be fair in the game, all african leaders waste money in their transport and security, from PDP, ACN.,APGA to CPC are all the same. In africa people do it but are usually careful because of how dangerous our system is, OBJ eat in mr Biggs, rotimi amaechi used a power bike to enforce fuel price himself,but guy its risky.
Re: British PM Takes Public Transport To Olympics: Can Our Leaders Try This? (Pic) by pcnwamadi(m): 2:20pm On Aug 02, 2012
binger: In as much as it is a good gesture,it is not advisable in Nigeria.Safety is not assured and you might be gunned downed by your political rivals.Thats how they killed Tafawa Balewa.He went alone to fuel his car at a petrol station in 1996.He even stood in the queue,and suddenly ,gunmen came along and shot him dead.Its just not possible here.

pls tell some of them that dont understand the security situation of this country. an ordinary rich man can not even drive alone in Nigeria, he will be gunned down by armed robbers.. why dont you tell the bullion vans carrying bank money to transport their money without security? even with security they are not safe. pls stop comparying Nigeria with the British, we are still a growing country, the british is over 300yrs ahead of us and we are just 52. pls lets be realistic and stop insulting our leaders when we know we have not done anytin personally for the betterment of this country.
Re: British PM Takes Public Transport To Olympics: Can Our Leaders Try This? (Pic) by naptu2: 3:15pm On Aug 02, 2012

shocked shocked shocked
Re: British PM Takes Public Transport To Olympics: Can Our Leaders Try This? (Pic) by Eziachi: 3:43pm On Aug 02, 2012
Melahou: whats the big deal taking public transport when you have a car that can conveniently take you any where...
even as a private person i wld rather take my personal car than go on public transport...
there`s no point here at all...
who so ever feels like taking public transport should do that,its a matter of choice n has nothing to do with leadership by example.
And that is the point of you being an African and your leaders are Mobutu and Mugabe. Funny, tomorrow you will run for public office.
Re: British PM Takes Public Transport To Olympics: Can Our Leaders Try This? (Pic) by Eziachi: 3:58pm On Aug 02, 2012
pcnwamadi:

pls tell some of them that dont understand the security situation of this country. an ordinary rich man can not even drive alone in Nigeria, he will be gunned down by armed robbers.. why dont you tell the bullion vans carrying bank money to transport their money without security? even with security they are not safe. pls stop comparying Nigeria with the British, we are still a growing country, the british is over 300yrs ahead of us and we are just 52. pls lets be realistic and stop insulting our leaders when we know we have not done anytin personally for the betterment of this country.

Its fire that caused the crayfish to bend. The realism you wanted us to face is caused by inaction of your rulers and stop calling them leaders, cos I don't know who they are leading. Y
ou don't want to be compared with the Brits only when it comes to doing the right thing but when it comes to the latest executive Jet, latest mobilephone handset, latest mercedez and BMW, you forgot that at this stage of your so-called growth, the leaders in Britain are riding on the back of horses and bikes to go to their works.
Bunch of hypocrites.
And you want your leader not to be insulted and asking hardworking Nigerians, who are taking care of their own healthcare, education, water, power etc what they have contributed?
When was the last time Jonathan for example paid a house rent in the last 13 years? And go to Oshodi market and ask the same to your fellow Nigerians there. Bloody goons!!
It would have been nice to have a reality TV programme on swapping leaders of the world. Let Jonathan and his cabinet rule United Kingdom for 6 months and David Cameron to operate from Abuja for the same period. I am sure before the six months ends, Britain will re-introduce beheading of their rulers again at the Towers.

1 Like

Re: British PM Takes Public Transport To Olympics: Can Our Leaders Try This? (Pic) by Eziachi: 4:04pm On Aug 02, 2012
Ola one:

100 percent correct.
More than half of passengers on that carriage belong to secret service

Publicity stunt
If you insist on looking for excuses, good luck to you. But in your country, those secret service men will even have their own secret service men guarding them. Adviser to the special adviser.
London mayor ride to work each day on his bike and the one he succeeded uses the tube train, so its not a stunt, its their way of life and being conscious of the fact that they are public servants. And these are men that controlS an economy bigger than Nigerian GDP.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ganduje Resolves Kano APC Crisis, Reconciles Grieving Parties / Sanwo-Olu Plans Over ₦‎2 Trillion 2024 Budget / Sovereign National Conference

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.