Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,812 members, 7,909,108 topics. Date: Friday, 02 August 2024 at 05:53 PM

Unilag 2012/2013 Post UTME/ Admissions (part III) - Education (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unilag 2012/2013 Post UTME/ Admissions (part III) (145521 Views)

Unilag 2012/2013 Post UTME/Admissions (Part II) / Federal Polytechnic Ado Ekiti 2011/2012 Post Utme Admissions Exercise Is Out / Federal Polytechnic Offa 2011/2012 Post Utme Admissions Exercise Is Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (83) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unilag 2012/2013 Post UTME/ Admissions (part III) by donfemox(m): 12:34am On Sep 01, 2012
Sup list so on my mind. Lets go there
Re: Unilag 2012/2013 Post UTME/ Admissions (part III) by danieltee(m): 12:38am On Sep 01, 2012
Stesibelle17: Hapi new mnth 2 u al. May it bring laughter,gud health,nd prosperity 2 us al..nd 4 we dat r waitin 4 admission,dis mnth of september is our mnth of testimony nd thanksgiving. Amen..
Gudnyt al
a big AMEN 2 dat. Indeed, it'll b a mnth of testimony 4 us all, IJN. Amen
Re: Unilag 2012/2013 Post UTME/ Admissions (part III) by harowosholah: 2:50am On Sep 01, 2012
wat dah guy sed z nt al dah true ooooo aldou dere z obviousli gonna be VC's list buh its nt redi yet nd dats wat is delayin d list......d admission officer(MRS ADARE) sed dev actuali nt started work on d supp list nd it wuld be out around 3rd wk in september maybe 20th nd also peepz dah scored rili high wuld get admission evin if nt dier course of study
Re: Unilag 2012/2013 Post UTME/ Admissions (part III) by vicksbaba(m): 3:23am On Sep 01, 2012
Harbioollah: *Took along break from all admission related problems and am back with a bad news*

If what i heard from a senior lecturer of the department of Microbiology(names witheld) is anything to go by, then the heartbreaking news is that the supposed supplimentary list is actually for those who had connections and a lucky few. According to him, Unilag received a vast number of admission requests from politicians, professors, senior lecturers and influential people( explains why the cutoffs were still high despite the mass failure) and that the acting VC plans to attend to most of them so as to amass support for himself when the time for the appointment of a new Vice-Chancellor comes. He added that the list has already been compiled and would be due for release in the first week of September.

Despite not making the list for Medicine, i still hold my head high. Had virtually no time for Preparation bt still beat d cutoffs for all courses except Medicine and Nursing

@Harbioollah; (1)pardon my asking but did you right the diploma exam?...
(2)your 'senior lecturer' in dept of microbiology is telling you the common gossip, or should i use an appropriate term 'rumors' that are flying round the school. Although that rumor has a point but the acting V.C will make no gain ridging the admission for selfish interest. The admission of prospective candidates is done by the Admission Unit, 3rd floor of the senate building. The acting V.c cannot favour the whimps and carpices of those politicians, professors, senior lecturers and influential people because he also has people competing with him for the titleship of the V.C. They will go to every extent to find faults and errors that the acting V.C has made to get an upper edge. To be on the saver side, the acting V.C is making sure that the admission process is taken with extreme care and precision, which accounts for the delay. The reason the cutoff was high has become clear to me. I got to know that there were actually people who made high scores, especially for medicine and surgery. Although, most people in the list did not meet up with the cutoff mark(for med and surg addmission list), but they poped out from the cathement area, and that is why u can even see a person with (oyo cathement area i suppose 68) in the admission list.
(3)there is a common misconception, people think that the cut off mark is based on the general performance, but NO. It is based on the number of candidates that the department is setted to carry, that is if medicine and surgery has a carrying capacity of 120, then they will pick up the 120 best, and the score of the least person in the list becomes the cut off. That applies to supplementary list.
(4) the addmision capacity tends to increase every year, last year, it was appoximately 158, this year, the merit list is 98, that gives room for 60 and above number of candidates, since admission capacity neva falls.
I hope God helps each and every one who is putting there hope in the supplementary list.
@sucess full diploma students; congrates, in about 2 to 3 weeks time, head on to where u submitted ur form for ur admision letter...keep watch, d admision list will soon b out. If u are at least 6 marks away from ur cutoff, u will b given admision in the supplementary list. By the way there were 14 supplementary list last year, not 12.
@tizzie; i am praying for u. I hope u will get admitted...but all the same if u have not checked ur score for the diploma, there is no harm checking.
To all prospective Akokites; may God help u, i wish u good luck. To all Prospective idi-arabites; the competition is tough...but i pray u sail through.......
@all; i hope to hear u guys jubilating, when you see the supplimentary list....

4 Likes

Re: Unilag 2012/2013 Post UTME/ Admissions (part III) by aliandro(m): 3:29am On Sep 01, 2012
Which one should we believe,is it harwoshobola or harbiollah,wot i know is dat God wil surely help us.

1 Like

Re: Unilag 2012/2013 Post UTME/ Admissions (part III) by aliandro(m): 3:35am On Sep 01, 2012
Vicksbaba has made a point again.d 3 of u come out and defend ur point.wot i know is dat everytin wil favour us
Re: Unilag 2012/2013 Post UTME/ Admissions (part III) by vicksbaba(m): 3:38am On Sep 01, 2012
harowosholah: peepz dah scored rili high wuld get admission evin if nt dier course of study

no harowosholah, the university of lagos will never assign and i repeat, never assign any course to you based on high marks. Once you have beaten the cut off mark for any department which you did not choose and is available in the change of course portal, then you are in for that course. If you are close to the cut off mark, then you will get your course. If you are close by a minimum of 5 marks to the lowest cathement area,or you beat the lowest cathement area, you stand a chance.
Re: Unilag 2012/2013 Post UTME/ Admissions (part III) by damoskiy(m): 6:28am On Sep 01, 2012
Ochubas: u will get ur matric number wen u do d biometric and then u can apply for hostel
hostel application for freshers is not yet open.you can buy the card but you have to wait until the supplementary list is out and they are through with there registration.[i][/i]
Re: Unilag 2012/2013 Post UTME/ Admissions (part III) by DrTI(m): 6:43am On Sep 01, 2012
vicksbaba:

no harowosholah, the university of lagos will never assign and i repeat, never assign any course to you based on high marks. Once you have beaten the cut off mark for any department which you did not choose and is available in the change of course portal, then you are in for that course. If you are close to the cut off mark, then you will get your course. If you are close by a minimum of 5 marks to the lowest cathement area,or you beat the lowest cathement area, you stand a chance.
Re: Unilag 2012/2013 Post UTME/ Admissions (part III) by DrTI(m): 6:47am On Sep 01, 2012
@vicksbaba r u sure dat is d least catchment area cut-off dat u nid 2 b close by 5 marks?pls,i dnt want 2 get my hopes high 4 nufn cos i'm close 2 d least cut-off by a mark.
Re: Unilag 2012/2013 Post UTME/ Admissions (part III) by Tizzie: 8:43am On Sep 01, 2012
Dr T.I:
@vicksbaba r u sure dat is d least catchment area cut-off dat u nid 2 b close by 5 marks?pls,i dnt want 2 get my hopes high 4 nufn cos i'm close 2 d least cut-off by a mark.
me too,my score is above all d catchments nd I beat d merit cutoff for my 2nd choice.
Re: Unilag 2012/2013 Post UTME/ Admissions (part III) by Jeffex(m): 9:24am On Sep 01, 2012
vicksbaba:

pls bro i wantd 2 point awt sumfin cos lagos my state of origin appn 2 ve d highest score in d catchmnt area in geophysics cos am abt 5marks away & ondo d least lowest in d catchment area,am abt 3marks away & pls do i stand a chance 4 d supplimntry list
Re: Unilag 2012/2013 Post UTME/ Admissions (part III) by DrTI(m): 9:39am On Sep 01, 2012
Tizzie: me too,my score is above all d catchments nd I beat d merit cutoff for my 2nd choice.
Re: Unilag 2012/2013 Post UTME/ Admissions (part III) by DrTI(m): 9:55am On Sep 01, 2012
@tizzie dat was my condition last yr,i beat my 2nd choice by 4marks.yet nufn n 2 marks 2 my cutoff..unilag nawa 4 dem sha.buh hopefully dis yr wuld b different
Re: Unilag 2012/2013 Post UTME/ Admissions (part III) by vicksbaba(m): 9:58am On Sep 01, 2012
Dr T.I:

@Dr T.I; first of all, nice name......i am aspiring to bear dat name, 'Dr', although i would prefare 'M.D'; Medical Doctor...............anyway let me explain something about the supplementary list............the chances of you getting your name in the admission list for competitive courses like medicine is very high if you are very close to the cutoff mark....like harboolla's case(last year, the cutoff mark for computer science was 66, my best friend had 65, and his name came out as number four on the supplementary list).....
Please note my words, ''if you are at least 5 marks away from the lowest cathement cut off, then u stand a chance''. Now what is left is the admision capacity, and your connection. The reason why it is hard for people to help students is because unilag is not the only one in charge of the admission, JAMB is a another strong factor that cross checks the students admitted....all the same do not put ur hopes up....but if u are very close, i mean very close to the cut off mark, there is nothing to worry about....u just need God's favour........
@diploma students; if u did not make ur cut off mark by 10 marks, start saving up to 900 naira for the change of course form, which they will sell soon after the admission list is released. Last year, i got 122, the cutoff mark for medicine was 137, i struggled and went through hell, that is why i am able to know some top officials in unilag. Despite the fact that my dad is a lectural, and he has a whole lot of fellow lecturer friends, they were not able to help. That is why dey addmitted me for biochem....but glory be to God, my name has been considered and i may be given medicine. @tizzie......u are close to ur cutoff.....but u should kmow that there are some people who scorced higher than u, but are not on the merit list. But i know ur name will come out for that supplementary list.....

1 Like

Re: Unilag 2012/2013 Post UTME/ Admissions (part III) by vicksbaba(m): 10:03am On Sep 01, 2012
Dr T.I:
@tizzie dat was my condition last yr,i beat my 2nd choice by 4marks.yet nufn n 2 marks 2 my cutoff..unilag nawa 4 dem sha.buh hopefully dis yr wuld b different

do not put your hopes on the ur second choice, unilag only have the information of those who chose them as 1st choice, if u choose them for 1st and 2nd choice, then only ur database information for your 1st choice will be on there databank
Re: Unilag 2012/2013 Post UTME/ Admissions (part III) by Stesibelle17(f): 10:05am On Sep 01, 2012
vicksbaba:

@Dr T.I; first of all, nice name......i am aspiring to bear dat name, 'Dr', although i would prefare 'M.D'; Medical Doctor...............anyway let me explain something about the supplementary list............the chances of you getting your name in the admission list for competitive courses like medicine is very high if you are very close to the cutoff mark....like harboolla's case(last year, the cutoff mark for computer science was 66, my best friend had 65, and his name came out as number four on the supplementary list).....
Please note my words, ''if you are at least 5 marks away from the lowest cathement cut off, then u stand a chance''. Now what is left is the admision capacity, and your connection. The reason why it is hard for people to help students is because unilag is not the only one in charge of the admission, JAMB is a another strong factor that cross checks the students admitted....all the same do not put ur hopes up....but if u are very close, i mean very close to the cut off mark, there is nothing to worry about....u just need God's favour........
@diploma students; if u did not make ur cut off mark by 10 marks, start saving up to 900 naira for the change of course form, which they will sell soon after the admission list is released. Last year, i got 122, the cutoff mark for medicine was 137, i struggled and went through hell, that is why i am able to know some top officials in unilag. Despite the fact that my dad is a lectural, and he has a whole lot of fellow lecturer friends, they were not able to help. That is why dey addmitted me for biochem....but glory be to God, my name has been considered and i may be given medicine. @tizzie......u are close to ur cutoff.....but u should kmow that there are some people who scorced higher than u, but are not on the merit list. But i know ur name will come out for that supplementary list.....
pls i had 58.63 4 estate management,cutoff 62.13. I dnt fal unda any catchment,do i av a chance of bein in d supp list
Re: Unilag 2012/2013 Post UTME/ Admissions (part III) by Jeffex(m): 10:30am On Sep 01, 2012
@vicksbaba hope wat u said abt sum1 5marks away 2 d least catchmnt area is genuine cos am jus 3marks away 2 d least cutof mark of my course and 2 my fellow aspirants lets jus keep hopin 4 d best
Re: Unilag 2012/2013 Post UTME/ Admissions (part III) by vicksbaba(m): 10:47am On Sep 01, 2012
@all; please do not get me wrong oh.....if you are at least 5 marks from th lowest supplementary list, ''u stand a chance'' the term there ''u stand a chance'' does not neccessry mean u will get admitted, but ur chances are high.......it all depends on the carrying capacity and space left for the supplemmentary list..........for competitive courses like medicine, u have to be very close to the merit cut off......for non competitive courses, u have to be at least five marks from d lowest cut off. Let me give an illustration...if A, B, and C are 5, 4, and 3 marks away from the cutoff, the chances are higher for C than A. But u guys suppose to have alternatives, in case unilag fails...... By Gods grace, i hope september will bring joy to all aspariants........

2 Likes

Re: Unilag 2012/2013 Post UTME/ Admissions (part III) by vicksbaba(m): 10:52am On Sep 01, 2012
@mayordy; it's been a long time ohhhh.......so are u done with your Registration....i guess yes....
Re: Unilag 2012/2013 Post UTME/ Admissions (part III) by DrTI(m): 11:07am On Sep 01, 2012
vicksbaba:

do not put your hopes on the ur second choice, unilag only have the information of those who chose them as 1st choice, if u choose them for 1st and 2nd choice, then only ur database information for your 1st choice will be on there databank
Re: Unilag 2012/2013 Post UTME/ Admissions (part III) by DrTI(m): 11:09am On Sep 01, 2012
Yeah,i learnt my lesson didn't put 'em as my 2nd choice dis yr.vicksbaba dnt wori d MD u lukin 4 wuld find u in due tym
Re: Unilag 2012/2013 Post UTME/ Admissions (part III) by DrTI(m): 11:15am On Sep 01, 2012
I chose physiology dis yr n scord 54.25 n d least catchement cut-off is abt 55 buh d merit cutoff is abt 59.I jux pray i'm gud 2 go.
Re: Unilag 2012/2013 Post UTME/ Admissions (part III) by Akhenisi03(m): 11:18am On Sep 01, 2012
i scored 67 goin for system engineering my cutoff is 64.25 hope nothing funny will happen
Re: Unilag 2012/2013 Post UTME/ Admissions (part III) by mayordy(m): 11:29am On Sep 01, 2012
vicksbaba: @mayordy; it's been a long time ohhhh.......so are u done with your Registration....i guess yes....
yes after going through a stressful week I'm finally done with evrything except the faculty and dept stuff which we are told to come back september 17,paid the school fees yesterday. Just reading tru frm the page I stopped and you are doing a very good job, right in all you said. Will like to meet you anyway.
Re: Unilag 2012/2013 Post UTME/ Admissions (part III) by damoskiy(m): 11:33am On Sep 01, 2012
mayordy:
yes after going through a stressful week I'm finally done with evrything except the faculty and dept stuff which we are told to come back september 17,paid the school fees yesterday. Just reading tru frm the page I stopped and you are doing a very good job, right in all you said. Will like to meet you anyway.
have you filled the student audit form and bio data when you log in on their website.
Re: Unilag 2012/2013 Post UTME/ Admissions (part III) by mayordy(m): 11:51am On Sep 01, 2012
damoskiy: have you filled the student audit form and bio data when you log in on their website.
yes I already did,without the bio data u cant pay into the bank account cos it'll be requested for. After paying u'll have to wait anoda 24hrs b4 u can do anything else on ur portal.
Re: Unilag 2012/2013 Post UTME/ Admissions (part III) by jen2jeff: 12:02pm On Sep 01, 2012
vicksbaba: @all; please do not get me wrong oh.....if you are at least 5 marks from th lowest supplementary list, ''u stand a chance'' the term there ''u stand a chance'' does not neccessry mean u will get admitted, but ur chances are high.......it all depends on the carrying capacity and space left for the supplemmentary list..........for competitive courses like medicine, u have to be very close to the merit cut off......for non competitive courses, u have to be at least five marks from d lowest cut off. Let me give an illustration...if A, B, and C are 5, 4, and 3 marks away from the cutoff, the chances are higher for C than A. But u guys suppose to have alternatives, in case unilag fails...... By Gods grace, i hope september will bring joy to all aspariants........
..... Hi,my catchment area cut off mark 4 medcine is 69.88 n i got 69.75. Pls wt ar my chances,cos am rily scared..
Re: Unilag 2012/2013 Post UTME/ Admissions (part III) by jen2jeff: 12:04pm On Sep 01, 2012
wishn ma fellow aspirant al d bst dis month... #admisn list on ma mind#
Re: Unilag 2012/2013 Post UTME/ Admissions (part III) by Terry19: 12:06pm On Sep 01, 2012
I wana knw pple dat fall unda unilag catchment area nd met d cut off mark av dere names been released on d merit list or et gona kum awt wit d supplementary list..reply pls
Re: Unilag 2012/2013 Post UTME/ Admissions (part III) by Akosbaba(m): 12:39pm On Sep 01, 2012
mayordy:
yes I already did,without the bio data u cant pay into the bank account cos it'll be requested for. After paying u'll have to wait anoda 24hrs b4 u can do anything else on ur portal.
there is difference between data capture and biodata.the one u took to the bank before u can pay ur skool fees is data capture,it is when u have logged on to the skool website dat u can fill ur biodata
Re: Unilag 2012/2013 Post UTME/ Admissions (part III) by Akosbaba(m): 12:41pm On Sep 01, 2012
Terry19: I wana knw pple dat fall unda unilag catchment area nd met d cut off mark av dere names been released on d merit list or et gona kum awt wit d supplementary list..reply pls
merit list is for merit,catchment and elds candidates

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (83) (Reply)

James Hadley Chase Novels. Free Pdf Downloads / Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba Student meets here / Babcock Expels Student In The Leaked Sex Video

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.