Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,040 members, 7,946,540 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 08:23 PM

Vice President's Father Dies In Aso Rock - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Vice President's Father Dies In Aso Rock (2723 Views)

James Ocholi's Driver Dies In National Hospital,abuja / Prophecy Was Made That I Will Be Vice President – Osinbajo / Buhari Meets With Saraki, Others In Aso Rock After Independence Event (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vice President's Father Dies In Aso Rock by folahann(m): 10:15pm On Dec 15, 2007
PA Lawrence Ebele Jonathan, father of Vice President Goodluck Jonathan, died on Wednesday in Abuja at the age of 81. A statement by the Senior Special Assistant to the Vice President on Communication, Mr. Ima Niboro, attributed the death to “old age.”

According to the statement, Pa Jonathan died “peacefully” at about 10:45 p.m. News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) gathered that Pa Jonathan was initially taken to the Aso Clinic from where he was referred to the National Hospital, Abuja.

Chief Medical Director of the National Hospital, Dr. Segun Ajuwon, told NAN that the vice president’s father was “brought
to the National Hospital on Wednesday for Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI).”

Mr.I is primarily used in medicine to visualise the structure and functions of the body. It also provides detailed images of the body.

Ajuwon said that Pa Jonathan was taken back to Aso Clinic where he passed on. The vice president’s spokesperson said burial arrangements for the deceased would be announced later.

Meanwhile, President Umaru Yar'Adua has condoled with Vice President Jonathan over the death of his father, from the United States, where he is holding talks with President George W. Bush.

A condolence message, signed by the president, described Pa Jonathan as a man who lived a fulfilled life. “I write on behalf of my family, the government and the people of the Federal Republic of Nigeria to condole with you and the entire Jonathan family over the death of your illustrious patriarch, Pa Ebele Lawrence Jonathan.” the statement read in part.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/14122007/news/news8.html

Why this man go die for aso Rock in the presence of his son?
Re: Vice President's Father Dies In Aso Rock by vowiski(m): 10:37pm On Dec 15, 2007
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry :'GOODLUCK accept my sympathy. cry cry cry
Re: Vice President's Father Dies In Aso Rock by babasin(m): 11:17pm On Dec 15, 2007
According to the statement, Pa Jonathan died “peacefully” at about 10:45 p.m. News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) gathered that Pa Jonathan was initially taken to the Aso Clinic from where he was referred to the National Hospital, Abuja.
Chief Medical Director of the National Hospital, Dr. Segun Ajuwon, told NAN that the vice president’s father was “brought to the National Hospital on Wednesday for Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI).”

who is paying this medical bill? tax payers or the VP?

there are many nigerians with aged parent. being in govt should not accord any status to any one.

may his soul rest in peace.
Re: Vice President's Father Dies In Aso Rock by iykrion(m): 11:39pm On Dec 15, 2007
folahann:

Why this man go die for aso Rock in the presence of his son

Na for where you been want make he die? The VP is his first son, so as an old man, he should be closer to his son. E better as he go stay with Goodluck sef, those militants been want use bomb finish the old man.

Pa Ebele, RIP sad sad sad
Re: Vice President's Father Dies In Aso Rock by Depilot(m): 11:41pm On Dec 15, 2007
the man was an old man and had a great life, let him rest in peace.
Re: Vice President's Father Dies In Aso Rock by folahann(m): 9:08am On Dec 16, 2007
iykrion:

Na for where you been want make he die? The VP is his first son, so as an old man, he should be closer to his son. E better as he go stay with Goodluck sef, those militants been want use bomb finish the old man.
He knew he wants to die only when he went to visit his son.
Re: Vice President's Father Dies In Aso Rock by McOmo(m): 9:19am On Dec 16, 2007
must u argue over everything ? undecided

next u will be asking why he gave birth to Jonathan in the 1st place embarassed
Re: Vice President's Father Dies In Aso Rock by folahann(m): 10:21am On Dec 16, 2007
Mc Omo:

must u argue over everything ? undecided

next u will be asking why he gave birth to Jonathan in the 1st place embarassed
This is no Arsenal matter over here this is politics. Do not bring controversy
Re: Vice President's Father Dies In Aso Rock by iykrion(m): 11:40am On Dec 16, 2007
folahann:

He knew he wants to die only when he went to visit his son.

grin grin grin My brother no mortal has power over life and death. He left Bayelsa for security reasons. Remember Goodluck's house was bombed after the elections. He was in the Villa as a resident and not a visitor.

Besides, he was ripe with age. May he rest in peace! sad sad sad
Re: Vice President's Father Dies In Aso Rock by Seun(m): 6:04pm On Dec 16, 2007
Why this man go die for aso Rock in the presence of his son?
That's the best thing that could happen. You want him to die in the absence of his son?
Re: Vice President's Father Dies In Aso Rock by bukola88: 7:32pm On Dec 16, 2007
I suspect foul play: I beg he drops off on the same DATE Ibori is arrested? the top man is meeting with george bush theres obviously a powerful cabal trying to destabilse the current state of play by quietly finishing off yar a duas deputy: theres talk of the niger delta "militants" blowing up oil installations if ibori is not given bail tommorow: this bares the hall mark of babangida: through and through: i have said this many times before: IBB:HIS WIFE AND HIS INLAWS are behind most of the "so called kidnapping" and holding the country to ransome: that is why hes managed to escape justice for this long when ibb was forced out of power he made sure that the seat of government in the oil rich niger delta state was located to his wife and inlaws birthplace in ASABA which was amagalmated into niger delta from igbo land: therein lies the problem: his stolen loot and the influence he can buy through his marriage hes able to buy anyone and because of his military background direct some of the "militants" therefore holding to ransome any government of the day thereby ensuring his immunity from prosecution: nuhu ribadu can only touch the small fronts he has ie Adenuga and by reading through the charges Ibori was apparently recruited by Abacha if that is the cause then that means Abachas who was IBBs sidekick is also iboris master: The paper trail it would appear would lead all the way to minna this reminds me of stella obansajos murder it bore all the hallmarks of ibb obj was meant to hand over power to ibb it did not happen what happened next she was brutally murdered to destabilise obj the powerful cabal shielding babangida do not reside in nigeria remember abiola dele giwa theres a pattern poisoning (mossad style:they are the ones protecting him) remember how umaru dikko was kidnapped in broad daylight and the british security services found him in a container with two israeli doctors ready to be shipped in nigeria there is frenzied talk of babangida coming back to power anytime soon obviously hes itching to reach for the gun but he would like to come back as a civilian so the only option is to quietly murder his opponets their family members to get at them an intimidation we leave in interesting times and its not for the faint hearted put on your seat bealts ibori had better watch what he eats cause once he starts singing like a canary may the vice presidents father rest in peace
Re: Vice President's Father Dies In Aso Rock by bukola88: 7:36pm On Dec 16, 2007
I suspect foul play:  I beg he drops off on the same DATE Ibori is arrested? the top man is meeting with george bush theres obviously a powerful cabal trying to destabilse the current state of play by quietly finishing off yar a duas deputy:  theres talk of the niger delta "militants" blowing up oil installations if ibori is not given bail tommorow:  this bares the hall mark of babangida: through and through:  i have said this many times before:  IBB:HIS WIFE AND HIS INLAWS are behind most of the "so called kidnapping" and holding the country to ransome: that is why hes managed to escape justice for this long  when ibb was forced out of power he made sure that the seat of government in the oil rich niger delta state was located to his wife and inlaws birthplace in ASABA which was amagalmated into niger delta from igbo land:  therein lies the problem:  his stolen loot and the influence he can buy through his marriage hes able to buy anyone and because of his military background direct some of the "militants" therefore holding to ransome any government of the day thereby ensuring his immunity from prosecution: nuhu ribadu can only touch the small fronts he has ie Adenuga and by reading through the charges Ibori was apparently recruited by Abacha if that is the cause then that means Abachas who was IBBs sidekick is also iboris master:  The paper trail it would appear would lead all the way to minna this reminds me of stella obansajos murder it bore all the hallmarks of ibb obj was meant to hand over power to ibb it did not happen what happened next she was brutally murdered to destabilise obj  the powerful cabal shielding babangida do not reside in nigeria remember abiola dele giwa theres a pattern poisoning (mossad style:they are the ones protecting him)  remember how umaru dikko was kidnapped in broad daylight and the british security services found him in a container with two israeli doctors ready to be shipped in nigeria  there is frenzied talk of babangida coming back to power anytime soon obviously hes itching to reach for the gun but he would like to come back as a civilian so the only option is to quietly murder his opponets their family members to get at them an intimidation  we leave in interesting times and its not for the faint hearted put on your seat bealts ibori had better watch what he eats cause once he starts singing like a canary     may the vice presidents father rest in peace
Re: Vice President's Father Dies In Aso Rock by babasin(m): 7:40pm On Dec 16, 2007
I suspect foul play: I beg he drops off on the same DATE Ibori is arrested? the top man is meeting with george bush theres obviously a powerful cabal trying to destabilse the current state of play by quietly finishing off yar a duas deputy: theres talk of the niger delta "militants" blowing up oil installations if ibori is not given bail tommorow: this bares the hall mark of babangida: through and through: i have said this many times before: IBB:HIS WIFE AND HIS INLAWS are behind most of the "so called kidnapping" and holding the country to ransome: that is why hes managed to escape justice for this long when ibb was forced out of power he made sure that the seat of government in the oil rich niger delta state was located to his wife and inlaws birthplace in ASABA which was amagalmated into niger delta from igbo land: therein lies the problem: his stolen loot and the influence he can buy through his marriage hes able to buy anyone and because of his military background direct some of the "militants" therefore holding to ransome any government of the day thereby ensuring his immunity from prosecution: nuhu ribadu can only touch the small fronts he has ie Adenuga and by reading through the charges Ibori was apparently recruited by Abacha if that is the cause then that means Abachas who was IBBs sidekick is also iboris master: The paper trail it would appear would lead all the way to minna this reminds me of stella obansajos murder it bore all the hallmarks of ibb obj was meant to hand over power to ibb it did not happen what happened next she was brutally murdered to destabilise obj the powerful cabal shielding babangida do not reside in nigeria remember abiola dele giwa theres a pattern poisoning (mossad style:they are the ones protecting him) remember how umaru dikko was kidnapped in broad daylight and the british security services found him in a container with two israeli doctors ready to be shipped in nigeria there is frenzied talk of babangida coming back to power anytime soon obviously hes itching to reach for the gun but he would like to come back as a civilian so the only option is to quietly murder his opponets their family members to get at them an intimidation we leave in interesting times and its not for the faint hearted put on your seat bealts ibori had better watch what he eats cause once he starts singing like a canary may the vice presidents father rest in peace

indeed. you are on your own!
Re: Vice President's Father Dies In Aso Rock by McOmo(m): 3:47pm On Dec 19, 2007
Folahann

how old are u really ? undecided

bukola88

I just dont get ur drift . . .what exactly is ur point undecided

u sound like IBB must even have been responsible for Seun closing down NL grin

(1) (Reply)

Edo Health Workers’ Strike Claims 10 Lives / Us: Atiku Abubakar In $40 Million Money-laundering / A Comparison Of Buhari's 'violations' In Nigeria's Political History

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.