Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,591 members, 7,944,768 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 01:28 AM

Why Do All Muslims Pray In Arabic?? - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Do All Muslims Pray In Arabic?? (11296 Views)

Meat Inscribed With "Allah" In Arabic, Seen In UI / Why Muslims Pray In Arabic? / Why Must The Muslims Pray Towards The East? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do All Muslims Pray In Arabic?? by LagosShia: 3:29pm On Aug 05, 2012
MacDaddy01:

What the hell are you talking about. Hijab, Niqaab and Burkah have nothing to do with Nigeria culture, thanks to Islam, we are now adopting Arabic culture.

Burkah is not arabic.it is afghan way of dress.

Niqaab and Hijab is Islamic and not arabic.

Chador is Iranian.

stop your ignorance.

Traditional women do not wear head tie everyday. There is no niqaab or burkah in Nigerian culute
for Muslims,Islam takes precedence to culture.what you need to understand is to stop mixing Islam with arabic culture.they are two separate things.

Muslims men and women wear traditional dresses compatible with Islam,in the sense of not exposing the body or exposing the minimum limit of the body that should be covered.for women,their hair,hands,and body up to the leg should at least be covered.i have showed you Nigerian Muslim men in traditional dresses.

[img]http://3.bp..com/-YA9JRdsaIyo/TZK3fGmEkYI/AAAAAAAACuk/KA-3uGKBaFc/s1600/Nigeria++Muslim+Women1.JPG[/img]

As for turban, it has nothing to do with nigerian culture. We wear caps and hats for our cultures but not turbans. Thank the spaghetti monster that I am not an Arab slave.

turban is Islamic and not arabian.that is the point.whether you niger-delta people wear cowboy or jewish black hats is not my business.

Furthermore, thanks to your islam, my sisters and aunts can not wear their traditional dress in parts of Nigeria. Northern Nigeria. In their own country! angry angry

that is a lie.the pictures make it clear Muslim women wear traditional dresses.but what you mean is Muslim women cannot wear traditional dresses that set them out half na.ked in public.stop generalizing.
Re: Why Do All Muslims Pray In Arabic?? by MacDaddy01: 3:45pm On Aug 05, 2012
LagosShia:

Burkah is not arabic.it is afghan way of dress.

Niqaab and Hijab is Islamic and not arabic.

Chador is Iranian.

stop your ignorance.

for Muslims,Islam takes precedence to culture.what you need to understand is to stop mixing Islam with arabic culture.they are two separate things.

Muslims men and women wear traditional dresses compatible with Islam,in the sense of not exposing the body or exposing the minimum limit of the body that should be covered.for women,their hair,hands,and body up to the leg should at least be covered.i have showed you Nigerian Muslim men in traditional dresses.

[img]http://3.bp..com/-YA9JRdsaIyo/TZK3fGmEkYI/AAAAAAAACuk/KA-3uGKBaFc/s1600/Nigeria++Muslim+Women1.JPG[/img]

turban is Islamic and not arabian.that is the point.whether you niger-delta people wear cowboy or jewish black hats is not my business.

that is a lie.the pictures make it clear Muslim women wear traditional dresses.but what you mean is Muslim women cannot wear traditional dresses that set them out half na.ked in public.stop generalizing.

1) Those women added extra to the traditional wear. There is no need to have extra clothing to head tie angry angry angry. That is an islamic or arabic addition to the traditional wear.

2) Thank you for insulting my culture. Does the blow picture look half naked to you? This is what women wear in my culture;

1 Like

Re: Why Do All Muslims Pray In Arabic?? by LagosShia: 3:52pm On Aug 05, 2012
MacDaddy01:

1) Those women added extra to the traditional wear. There is no need to have extra clothing to head tie angry angry angry. That is an islamic or arabic addition to the traditional wear.

2) Thank you for insulting my culture. Does the blow picture look half naked to you? This is what women wear in my culture;

no one is forcing you to wear Islamic or Islamic approved traditional dresses.we wear them with our own choice.

do as you please.stop oppressing us and wanting to interfere even the way we fart or whether to wash our private parts after urinating.that is not your business.mind your business.i am not insulting your culture.you should stop insulting us by trying to be silly and ignorant to pick on Muslims.

1 Like

Re: Why Do All Muslims Pray In Arabic?? by MacDaddy01: 4:04pm On Aug 05, 2012
LagosShia:

no one is forcing you to wear Islamic or Islamic approved traditional dresses.we wear them with our own choice.

do as you please.stop oppressing us and wanting to interfere even the way we fart or whether to wash our private parts after urinating.that is not your business.mind your business.i am not insulting your culture.you should stop insulting us by trying to be silly and ignorant to pick on Muslims.

I have heard of muderers playing the victim but this is just silly? Who is the imperialist between me and you? Who is the victim of oppression here?

Does my culture or atheism stop you from doing your islamic stuff? Who is "haraaming" who here?

Are you not the one that believes that God hates my culture? My culture allows and loves wine. Does your God approve of alcohol? No
Are you not the one that believes that God has forbidden certain food like edible worms?

I dont care what muslims do. I only care when they infringe on my freedom!

Who cares if you want to wash hands before prayers? Dont just oppress me with your laws
Re: Why Do All Muslims Pray In Arabic?? by LagosShia: 5:18pm On Aug 05, 2012
^

do you want me to send you your "edible worms" for "salah gift"? grin grin grin grin grin

no one is oppressing.i even told you bon apetit.

you just try your best not to oppress anyone by forcing your culture upon them.contain your "edible worms" and lifestyle to yourself,your household and community.no one needs you to defile them with your "edible worms" and wine.
Re: Why Do All Muslims Pray In Arabic?? by MacDaddy01: 6:36pm On Aug 05, 2012
LagosShia: ^

do you want me to send you your "edible worms" for "salah gift"? grin grin grin grin grin

no one is oppressing.i even told you bon apetit.

you just try your best not to oppress anyone by forcing your culture upon them.contain your "edible worms" and lifestyle to yourself,your household and community.no one needs you to defile them with your "edible worms" and wine.

When have I told anyone to eat edible worms? Something I havent eaten since I was a child? See how you lie so that we can be on the same level of intolerance? Epic fail. I am not intolerant like you.

Thank you for telling me that my culture defiles people.

Everyone can see who the imperialist is.

Oppressor
Re: Why Do All Muslims Pray In Arabic?? by Bella3(f): 2:04am On Aug 06, 2012
Allah knws best. He has command his followers to pray only in arabic, who are you to question
Re: Why Do All Muslims Pray In Arabic?? by MacDaddy01: 3:17am On Aug 06, 2012
Bélla3: Allah knws best. He has command his followers to pray only in arabic, who are you to question

I m not a slave to Arabs. Go and read your Quran and History. Moses amd Jesus never spoke one word of Arabic.
Re: Why Do All Muslims Pray In Arabic?? by Bella3(f): 8:24pm On Aug 06, 2012
MacDaddy01:

I m not a slave to Arabs. Go and read your Quran and History. Moses amd Jesus never spoke one word of Arabic.
Isa nd musa were arabs. Shut up
Re: Why Do All Muslims Pray In Arabic?? by MacDaddy01: 9:20pm On Aug 06, 2012
Bélla3: Isa nd musa were arabs. Shut up

Jesus was a Jew. Are you educated?
Re: Why Do All Muslims Pray In Arabic?? by Bella3(f): 10:07pm On Aug 06, 2012
MacDaddy01:

he was nt Jew, he was a muslim.
Re: Why Do All Muslims Pray In Arabic?? by Bella3(f): 10:07pm On Aug 06, 2012
MacDaddy01:

he was nt Jew, he was a muslim.!
Re: Why Do All Muslims Pray In Arabic?? by MacDaddy01: 10:26pm On Aug 06, 2012
Bélla3: he was nt Jew, he was a muslim.

LagosShia, Fellis, Vedaxcool, Tbaba etc abeg, come and teach this girl some history. She is embarrassing islam

Jesus was a Jew angry angry angry
Re: Why Do All Muslims Pray In Arabic?? by Nobody: 11:51pm On Aug 06, 2012
Jesus was actually a Muslim.
Muslim= Someone who submits to the will of Allah.
Re: Why Do All Muslims Pray In Arabic?? by MacDaddy01: 12:31am On Aug 07, 2012
fellis: Jesus was actually a Muslim.
Muslim= Someone who submits to the will of Allah.

Fellis? Even you?

So, Jesus followers were muslim too? Jesus talked about Yaweh not Allah.

Funny enough, muhammad's father's name was "Abdallah!" meaning "servant of Allah". Was Muhammad's father a muslim?
Re: Why Do All Muslims Pray In Arabic?? by LagosShia: 12:36am On Aug 07, 2012
MacDaddy01:

LagosShia, Fellis, Vedaxcool, Tbaba etc abeg, come and teach this girl some history. She is embarrassing islam

Jesus was a Jew angry angry angry

when you use the word "jew",it has the culturally and also the religious meaning.

if you mean culturally,then yes,Jesus and Moses (as) were jews.

but if you mean,"jew" religious-wise,then no,their religion was not judaism.the religion of all the messengers and prophets of God Almighty is Islam which is submission and total surrender of oneself to the will of God.
Re: Why Do All Muslims Pray In Arabic?? by Nobody: 12:42am On Aug 07, 2012
MacDaddy01:
Jesus talked about Yaweh not Allah.
Funny enough, muhammad's father's name was "Abdallah!" meaning "servant of Allah". Was Muhammad's father a muslim?
Jesus didn't use 'Allah' when talking about God because he didn't speak Arabic, he spoke Aramaic, I think.
Muhammed's father's name was Abdullah, meaning servant of Allah because the name Allah didn't come about with the advent of Islam. People had been using it to refer to (the highest) God before the Qur'an was revealed.
Re: Why Do All Muslims Pray In Arabic?? by MacDaddy01: 12:45am On Aug 07, 2012
LagosShia:

when you use the word "jew",it has the culturally and also the religious meaning.

if you mean culturally,then yes,Jesus and Moses (as) were jews.

but if you mean,"jew" religious-wise,then no,their religion was not judaism.the religion of all the messengers and prophets of God Almighty is Islam which is submission and total surrender of oneself to the will of God.

Lmao.....So Jesus and Moses did not follow Jewish laws? They did not keep the sabbath holy? They didnt go to synagogues? These people were both religious and cultural Jews.
Re: Why Do All Muslims Pray In Arabic?? by LagosShia: 12:48am On Aug 07, 2012
MacDaddy01:

teachincally,yes the Prophet's (sa) father was a Muslim just as we also refer to Jesus and Musa (as) as Muslims.the Quran states that religion to Allah (swt) is Islam.

Holy Quran 3:19
"Indeed, the religion in the sight of Allah is Islam. And those who were given the Scripture did not differ except after knowledge had come to them - out of jealous animosity between themselves. And whoever disbelieves in the verses of Allah , then indeed, Allah is swift in [taking] account".

Islam was institutionalized with the coming of Prophet Muhammad (sa).previously no messenger or prophet including Jesus and Moses (as) called their teachings or beliefs with a name.the religion of Allah (swt) had to be completed to humanity before the name was "officially declared" upon its completion.

Holy Quran 5:3
"This day I have perfected for you your religion and completed My favor upon you and have approved for you Islam as religion".

the father of the Prophet (sa) and his likes who never followed polytheism/idolatry were referred to as "hanif" (monotheists).this is the same term used in the Quran to refer to Ibrahim (as).

Holy Quran 3:67
"Abraham was neither a Jew nor a Christian, but he was one inclining toward truth, a hanif (monotheist),submitting to Allah(Muslim). And he was not of the polytheists".

Holy Quran 2:135
"They say: "Become Jews or Christians if ye would be guided (to salvation)." Say thou: "Nay! (I would rather) the religion of Abraham the true [Hanifan] and he joined not gods with Allah."

Holy Quran 4:125
"Who can be better in religion than one who submits his whole self to Allah does good and follows the way of Abraham the true in faith [Hanifan] ? For Allah did take Abraham for a friend".

Holy Quran 10:104
"Say: "O ye men! if ye are in doubt as to my religion (behold!) I worship not what ye worship other than Allah But I worship Allah Who will take your souls (at death): I am commanded to be (in the ranks) of the Believers".
Re: Why Do All Muslims Pray In Arabic?? by MacDaddy01: 12:50am On Aug 07, 2012
fellis:
Jesus didn't use 'Allah' when talking about God because he didn't speak Arabic, he spoke Aramaic, I think.
Muhammed's father's name was Abdullah, meaning servant of Allah because the name Allah didn't come about with the advent of Islam. People had been using it to refer to (the highest) God before the Qur'an was revealed.

But Muhammad's father submitted to Allah and by your general definition, He is a muslim (While being pagan...lmao)

Yaweh is quite different from Allah. Allah has 99 names, none of which relate to how Moses related to God/Yaweh.

You can see why christians ridicule islam? Both Jews and Christians see Jesus and Moses as Jewsih. Your Koran comes about 600 years after Jesus to claim that he is a muslim.
Re: Why Do All Muslims Pray In Arabic?? by MacDaddy01: 12:52am On Aug 07, 2012
LagosShia:

teachincally,yes the Prophet's (sa) father was a Muslim just as we also refer to Jesus and Musa (as) as Muslims.the Quran states that religion to Allah (swt) is Islam.

Holy Quran 3:19
"Indeed, the religion in the sight of Allah is Islam. And those who were given the Scripture did not differ except after knowledge had come to them - out of jealous animosity between themselves. And whoever disbelieves in the verses of Allah , then indeed, Allah is swift in [taking] account".

Islam was institutionalized with the coming of Prophet Muhammad (sa).previously no messenger or prophet including Jesus and Moses (as) called their teachings or beliefs with a name.the religion of Allah (swt) had to be completed to humanity before the name was "officially declared" upon its completion.

Holy Quran 5:3
"This day I have perfected for you your religion and completed My favor upon you and have approved for you Islam as religion".

the father of the Prophet (sa) and his likes who never followed polytheism/idolatry were referred to as "hanif" (monotheists).this is the same term used in the Quran to refer to Ibrahim (as).

Holy Quran 3:67
"Abraham was neither a Jew nor a Christian, but he was one inclining toward truth, a hanif (monotheist),submitting to Allah(Muslim). And he was not of the polytheists".

Holy Quran 2:135
"They say: "Become Jews or Christians if ye would be guided (to salvation)." Say thou: "Nay! (I would rather) the religion of Abraham the true [Hanifan] and he joined not gods with Allah."

Holy Quran 4:125
"Who can be better in religion than one who submits his whole self to Allah does good and follows the way of Abraham the true in faith [Hanifan] ? For Allah did take Abraham for a friend".

Holy Quran 10:104
"Say: "O ye men! if ye are in doubt as to my religion (behold!) I worship not what ye worship other than Allah But I worship Allah Who will take your souls (at death): I am commanded to be (in the ranks) of the Believers".

Are you alright?

Muhammad's father was a pagan. A sacrificer
Re: Why Do All Muslims Pray In Arabic?? by LagosShia: 12:55am On Aug 07, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Lmao.....So Jesus and Moses did not follow Jewish laws? They did not keep the sabbath holy? They didnt go to synagogues? These people were both religious and cultural Jews.

whatever laws you refer to as "jewisih laws" must have being revelations from Allah (swt).thus they only followed what was revealed to them.you're the one regarding them to be "jewish law" but not us and neither does the Quran.

Holy Quran 4:163
"Indeed, We have revealed to you, [O Muhammad], as We revealed to Noah and the prophets after him. And we revealed to Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, the Descendants, Jesus, Job, Jonah, Aaron, and Solomon, and to David We gave the book [of Psalms]".
Re: Why Do All Muslims Pray In Arabic?? by LagosShia: 12:56am On Aug 07, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Are you alright?

Muhammad's father was a pagan. A sacrificer

your father is the pagan and worm eater.
Re: Why Do All Muslims Pray In Arabic?? by Nobody: 12:58am On Aug 07, 2012
I was going to write something similar to what LagosShia wrote about the prophet's father. Thanks.
MacDaddy01:

Yaweh is quite different from Allah. Allah has 99 names, none of which relate to how Moses related to God/Yahweh
Have no idea what this means.
Re: Why Do All Muslims Pray In Arabic?? by MacDaddy01: 12:58am On Aug 07, 2012
LagosShia:

your father is the pagan and worm eater.

Wow, LagosShia.....why the explosion? Wasnt Muhammad's father a pagan? Correct me if I am wrong.

And why did you get so angry? This is not usual of you!
Re: Why Do All Muslims Pray In Arabic?? by LagosShia: 12:59am On Aug 07, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Yaweh is quite different from Allah. Allah has 99 names, none of which relate to how Moses related to God/Yaweh.

The Tetragrammaton in the Quran:
https://www.nairaland.com/993524/christians-god-yaweh-he-same#11481891

"Jehovah" is a pressumption from the tetgrammaton or "four letters" (YHWH) by injecting vowels.those four letters are not articulated.also,if you search deep you will know that the tetgrammaton (YHWH) is not a word but an adjective phrase refering/describing the uniqueness to/of the One Almighty God who is Unseen.YHWH refers to "He that is Present" or "Oh He (who is)" in literal arabic and hebrew.the tetragrammaton can also be found in the Holy Quran in several places by the phrase "Qul HoWaHAllahu" which means "Say He is Allahu"!

the prefix,"YA" is an exclamation in semitic languages meaning "Oh".if you add "Ya" to "HoWaH" it becomes "YaHoWaH" (YHWH).

"HoWaH"="He is"!

so YaHoWah="Oh He (who is)".

what hapens is simply injecting vowels into the letters (YHWH) in order to make the letters pronounceable.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-753786.0.html#msg9125070
Re: Why Do All Muslims Pray In Arabic?? by MacDaddy01: 1:00am On Aug 07, 2012
fellis: I was going to write something similar to what LagosShia wrote about the prophet's father. Thanks.

Have no idea what this means.

HuH?

Muhammed's father was a pagan. Or am I getting something basically wrong?
Re: Why Do All Muslims Pray In Arabic?? by LagosShia: 1:01am On Aug 07, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Wow, LagosShia.....why the explosion? Wasnt Muhammad's father a pagan? Correct me if I am wrong.

you have being corrected.that the Prophet's (sa) father was not a pagan but a hanif.you insisted based on what?

wow,MacDaddy.....why the explosion? Wasn't your father a pagan? Correct me if i am wrong.

Re: Why Do All Muslims Pray In Arabic?? by MacDaddy01: 1:02am On Aug 07, 2012
LagosShia:

The Tetragrammaton in the Quran:
https://www.nairaland.com/993524/christians-god-yaweh-he-same#11481891

Calm down. No one is talking about the root meaning of Yaweh here. I am talking about the way Moses and Jesus described him. They described him different from the way Muhammad/islam did.
Re: Why Do All Muslims Pray In Arabic?? by LagosShia: 1:03am On Aug 07, 2012
MacDaddy01:

HuH?

Muhammed's father was a pagan. Or am I getting something basically wrong?

[size=14pt]Faith of the Ancestors of the Holy Prophet (s)[/size]

http://www.al-islam.org/lifeprophet/5.htm
Re: Why Do All Muslims Pray In Arabic?? by LagosShia: 1:04am On Aug 07, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Calm down. No one is talking about the root meaning of Yaweh here. I am talking about the way Moses and Jesus described him. They described him different from the way Muhammad/islam did.

how did they describe him? and what is the difference?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pay Attention To his Ugly Whispers! / Ramadan Kareem: Fast Commences In Nigeria! / Lagos Did Not Ban Hijab In Public Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.