Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,822 members, 7,969,470 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 08:25 AM

Succinctly Anony - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Succinctly Anony (15521 Views)

Anony & Deep Sight: Verse By Verse Academy On The Trinity & The Deity Of Christ / Anony, What Are Your Views On "New Atheism" / Simple Argument Debunking All Anony's Premises Once And For All. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Succinctly Anony by Kay17: 11:55am On Sep 11, 2012
Hmmmm.
Re: Succinctly Anony by Purist(m): 1:27pm On Sep 11, 2012
joe4christ:

You just dont get it, or do you?
If the life you live was not authored by you but rather was created by God then you owe him your very life, or dont u think so? Even though u deny it it does'nt realy change the fact that you're God's product, can a clay dictate to it's potter/maker how to mold it? No of course, it's the will of the potter to mold his clay as he deem fit. Is'nt it?

God made man in his own image and gave man freedom to live freely like god on earth over every living thing (Dont you yet understand?) that God wanted a replica of himself to rule the earth, he was'nt looking for a slave to impose his will on else he would'nt have given man free will.
you need to understand that God the creator is a God of creativity, he delight in doing this, but remember the free will he gave to man makes man a responsible being else we would have been like animals who cannot be held responsible for their actions cause they know little to nothing cos they were'nt given free will, they only live as nature dictates for them.
But for man, God did not just gave him free will but he also gave him a law to keep man under check else we all know man would have gone beyond boundries, so God gave man laws of do and donts to keep man under check, those laws were plain so man had the choice to either obey or disobey God's command, the consequencies of man's actions are being meted out clearly so he has no excuse for choosing to disobey.

[size=15pt]No wonder the bible says where there is no law the people are not held accountable for sin - Romans 5:13 [/size]
But that's not the case, cos God gave man this laws, do you wanna know why God gave man this free will and a law?

I'll tell you here, though it's a mystery but i'm allowed to unvail it, cos just like the story of Job, God wanted to prove an everlasting point to whole of creation both spirits and the living, both angels and demons, both principalities and powers and rulers of this dark age, both all living in the heavenlies and the inhabitants of hell that [size=15pt] Man despite being given freewill and laws even without seeing this God can still chose to believe, obey and trust this unseen God and even love him and because of that love chose to stay away from anything that would go against his laws, meaning man can still use his free will for God's purpose and benefit believing they owe their very life to him and remain loyal to him without him God influencing their actions.

So it's just like the whole of creation are watching us act, no wonder the bible says we are daily watched by a great cloud of witness - Hebrew 12:1 [/size]
So is it wrong for God to boast about his own creation as he did in the days of Job?
He gave man freewill and sits back to watch those who would freely chose to obey him and those who would disobey - without the influence of both God and the devil.
So it's your choice either to follow God all the way or use that same life given to you by God to glorify God's adversery (satan) each of this choices have eternal consequences and they are not hidden but made plain by God in his written word - The Bible.

Nough said already. God bless!

So basically, God gives freewill to humans just to see the possible outcome of their choices and then rewards or punishes them accordingly, even though she is supposed to be omniscient?

Also, if I get you correctly, another reason why God gave us freewill is to prove an "everlasting point" to the devil? What would be the exact purpose of trying to prove this "everlasting point" if I may ask?
Re: Succinctly Anony by mazaje(m): 1:47pm On Sep 11, 2012
Mr Anony how is your god all good or all loving?. . .Will you as a loving parent allow a stary bullet to hit your child and make him paralyse for the rest of his life if you have the ability to stop it?. . .How do you know that animals don't have the intelligence to know that they are sufferening and that suffering is evil? How do you know that? And must animals sufferening and evil be known before it is considered evil? When the heck are you saying?. . .

Humans see evil all over the world and that is reason enough. . .How is your god a loving god in the face of all the natural evil we see around as humans?. . .If you have the ability to stop an earth quake that will destroy lives and property you will do that as a human being what more of your all powerful and loving god that sits without doing anything, after every natural disasters you see humans trying to help each other rebuild their lives, your god has never shown interest in helping people rebuild or even in consoling people yet we are to believe that that imaginary concept is all loving?. . .
I repeat if you have the ability to stop the hurricane that killed people in the america's recently you will stop it. . .That is you as a human being talk more of an all loving god. . Events happening around proves that your imaginary all good and all loving god exist only in your imaginations thats is why you are going all the way and using lies to defend that imagination of yours that you believe exist. . .
Re: Succinctly Anony by cyrexx: 1:50pm On Sep 11, 2012
@ Purist
dont underestimate the power of the human mind to rationalise the most irrational beliefs.
Re: Succinctly Anony by cyrexx: 1:56pm On Sep 11, 2012
mazaje: Mr Anony how is your god all good or all loving?. . .Will you as a loving parent allow a stary bullet to hit your child and make him paralyse for the rest of his life if you have the ability to stop it?. . .

yes,
the loving parent (in this case Yahweh or Allah) has a plan that is higher than human understanding, while making humans suffer unnecessarily, and later on eternally, just to prove his idiotic point.
Re: Succinctly Anony by mazaje(m): 2:01pm On Sep 11, 2012
cyrexx: @ Purist
dont underestimate the power of the human mind to rationalise the most irrational beliefs.

Exactly what anony is doing, he is even lying to himself and to every body to prove non existent points. . he claims his god is all good and all loving yet we have natural evil that harm people and cause them endless pains?. . .Even humans that are not all god try as much as they can to stop or curtail the effects of natural evil talk more of a god that is all powerful, all loving and all good. . .
Re: Succinctly Anony by Purist(m): 2:08pm On Sep 11, 2012
lol. . . Anony is quite an intelligent fellow, I must admit. He regularly employs the ultimate cop out when boxed to a tight corner: "God has a higher plan that is beyond our understanding" - basically rephrasing the biblical phrase, "His ways are not our ways, his thoughts not our thoughts."

Another Anony cop out: "It's his universe and he sets the rules. You don't like it? Go make your own universe!"

Anony's God appears to me very much like some divine Kim Jong-il.
Re: Succinctly Anony by Nobody: 4:53pm On Sep 11, 2012
...............ah, the intellectuals are crawling out of the woodwork............how do you guys always show up when the battle's finished? grin grin grin

Seriously, the temptation's strong to make fun of you guys. But God pass am finally grin

Cyrexx, quit your excuses and try cogent arguments for a change. Purist, your pandering is interesting but it doesn't make you any less beaten. Mazaje, being a hater is never gonna make you right, man smiley

You guys should eat more proteins.
Re: Succinctly Anony by cyrexx: 5:12pm On Sep 11, 2012
@Ihedinobi
LOL
I've done that many times before. Its like passing a camel thru the eye of a needle. It could be so difficult trying to upload some sense into the very hard drive of these religionists.
Re: Succinctly Anony by Nobody: 5:15pm On Sep 11, 2012
cyrexx: @Ihedinobi
LOL
I've done that many times before. Its like passing a camel thru the eye of a needle. It could be so difficult trying to upload some sense into the very hard drive of these religionists.
Come on man, Ihidenobi is not a religionist. Christianity is not a religion. He just believes the Bible and has faith in God. Jesus has called him to freedom. He is not bound to the law. All that he does he does because he is. It's no longer him but Christ who dwells in him..

cool
Re: Succinctly Anony by Nobody: 5:18pm On Sep 11, 2012
musKeeto:
Come on man, Ihidenobi is not a religionist. Christianity is not a religion. He just believes the Bible and has faith in God. Jesus has called him to freedom. He is not bound to the law. All that he does he does because he is. It's no longer him but Christ who dwells in him..

cool

lol
Re: Succinctly Anony by Nobody: 5:20pm On Sep 11, 2012
cyrexx: @Ihedinobi
LOL

Sense? As in, s-e-n-s-e? Mehn, I must be reading upside down or something grin
Re: Succinctly Anony by MrAnony1(m): 5:22pm On Sep 11, 2012
mazaje: Mr Anony how is your god all good or all loving?. . .Will you as a loving parent allow a stary bullet to hit your child and make him paralyse for the rest of his life if you have the ability to stop it?
Hmm......a stray bullet implies something beyond my control, same as the paralysis of my child. Now if I have the ability to stop it, I would. I will even take the bullet. However, if I know that my child getting hit will achieve a greater purpose (even though my child may not be able to recognize it) and I am able to control the outcome or even reverse the situation if I choose, then I'll let it happen.

. . .How do you know that animals don't have the intelligence to know that they are sufferening and that suffering is evil? How do you know that? And must animals sufferening and evil be known before it is considered evil? When the heck are you saying?. . .
I don't understand what you are incensed about here or what claims you think I have made. perhaps you may want to quote me so that I see what exactly you are responding to.

Humans see evil all over the world and that is reason enough. . .How is your god a loving god in the face of all the natural evil we see around as humans?. . .If you have the ability to stop an earth quake that will destroy lives and property you will do that as a human being what more of your all powerful and loving god that sits without doing anything, after every natural disasters you see humans trying to help each other rebuild their lives, your god has never shown interest in helping people rebuild or even in consoling people yet we are to believe that that imaginary concept is all loving?. . .
Do you believe in an objective good and evil?

I repeat if you have the ability to stop the hurricane that killed people in the america's recently you will stop it. . .That is you as a human being talk more of an all loving god. . Events happening around proves that your imaginary all good and all loving god exist only in your imaginations thats is why you are going all the way and using lies to defend that imagination of yours that you believe exist. . .
It doesn't prove any such thing. All it proves is that God is not a genie who does man's will. As for the hurricane question, my stopping the hurricane depends on how much information is available to me. With my limited information as a human being, I would but if I could see the overall big picture, I just might allow it depending on what I know.
Re: Succinctly Anony by MrAnony1(m): 5:33pm On Sep 11, 2012
Purist: lol. . . Anony is quite an intelligent fellow, I must admit. He regularly employs the ultimate cop out when boxed to a tight corner: "God has a higher plan that is beyond our understanding" - basically rephrasing the biblical phrase, "His ways are not our ways, his thoughts not our thoughts."

Another Anony cop out: "It's his universe and he sets the rules. You don't like it? Go make your own universe!"

Anony's God appears to me very much like some divine Kim Jong-il.
Uhm big difference, Kim Jong-Il did not create North Koreans therefore he doesn't have rights over their life. He is a criminal if he takes it.
God on the other hand is justified because life is His creation and he owns it.

P/s: I am not in a tight corner and it is not a cop out when I am making my arguments based on scripture. In fact since most of you were former christians, my position should be well known to you beforehand and easy to refute.......unfortunately it seems y'all can't do it logically without applying some sort of emotional argument and whinging. That's sad.
Re: Succinctly Anony by MrAnony1(m): 5:44pm On Sep 11, 2012
I'd like to ask a question for those who have been attacking God on this thread for creating an "imperfect world".
To say that the world is imperfect means that there is a perfect world from which it deviates

Would y'all be so nice as to describe here what a perfect world will look like?
Please describe for us your concept of a perfect world. If it cannot be faulted, you win.

What do y'all say?
Re: Succinctly Anony by Nobody: 5:47pm On Sep 11, 2012
Mr_Anony: I'd like to ask a question for those who have been attacking God on this thread for creating an "imperfect world".
To say that the world is imperfect means that there is a perfect world from which it deviates

Please describe for us your concept of a perfect world. If it cannot be faulted, you win.

What do y'all say?

lolling maniacally here gringringringringringringringringringringringrin
Re: Succinctly Anony by Nobody: 6:11pm On Sep 11, 2012
Mr_Anony: I'd like to ask a question for those who have been attacking God on this thread for creating an "imperfect world".

What do y'all say?
Ihedinobi:
lolling maniacally here gringringringringringringringringringringringrin

You guys arguing against yahweh’s slave and his cheerleader are assuming too much by ascribing the universe to their god. By asking questions about “natural evil” and the so called “omnibevolence” "All loving" nature of god, you’re already giving them grounds to argue about their fairy’s existence and his omniwhatever nature.
There is nothing like “natural evil” or “imperfect world” . Earthquakes, tsunamis, hurricanes etc are just natural events and only humans view them as evil when they are affected adversely. An example would be Plate Tectonics that give rise to “beautiful mountains and landscape” and also cause earthquakes like the “evil” ones that happened in Japan and Haiti. My point is, natural events are not evil or good, until they affect humans.
Re: Succinctly Anony by Nobody: 6:11pm On Sep 11, 2012
An Island inhabited by fauna, flora and devoid of any human is almost completely wiped out by a Tsunami. Is this “evil” or just a natural occurrence?
An adjacent Island inhabited by Christians gets wiped out. Is this “evil” or just a natural occurrence?

In both situations, the sharks in the sea have "good" food.
Re: Succinctly Anony by MrAnony1(m): 6:19pm On Sep 11, 2012
.......Don't you just love Martian?

1 Like

Re: Succinctly Anony by mazaje(m): 6:40pm On Sep 11, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Hmm......a stray bullet implies something beyond my control, same as the paralysis of my child. Now if I have the ability to stop it, I would. I will even take the bullet. However, if I know that my child getting hit will achieve a greater purpose (even though my child may not be able to recognize it) and I am able to control the outcome or even reverse the situation if I choose, then I'll let it happen.

Here we go again, I asked a simple question and you are trying to answer it the anony way. . .What greater purpose will a stray bullet acheive by leaving your child paralze for the rest of his life. Mention any you have in mind that will make you allow your child to get hit despite you having the ability to stop it.

I don't understand what you are incensed about here or what claims you think I have made. perhaps you may want to quote me so that I see what exactly you are responding to.

This is the nonsense that you wrote. . .

You have not answered my question at all. For an animal to suffer or be traumatized, it must have an intelligence so as to know that it is suffering and that it's suffering is evil.
To even ponder the necessity of it's suffering, the animal should have an even higher intelligence capable of stepping outside itself and viewing it's situation from an objective viewpoint.

It doesn't prove any such thing. All it proves is that God is not a genie who does man's will. As for the hurricane question, my stopping the hurricane depends on how much information is available to me. With my limited information as a human being, I would but if I could see the overall big picture, I just might allow it depending on what I know.

Here we go again. . .Anony will lie and throw the bible under the boss to project and protect the imagie of this god he has created in his mind and is self projecting. Firstly, we have the bible ALWAYS stating that god will do man's will. . .Even Jesus has claimed many times that if people believe in him what ever they wish for and will he will do it so you are lying when you say such things. . .here is one example out of many .John 14:14 If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it. So your nonsense talk of your god not doing man's will is a big joke. . .The bible clearly says you don't know what you are talking about since it says if you ask for anything in god's name he will do it. . .Why does your god not answer the prayers of those in serious distress who call out to him for help in his name?. . .The christian chap on his way to evengelize the word of your god that was involved in an accident that left him paralze for the rest of his life is evidence that your god is imaginary, no?. . .Of what good is his paralysis to him or the people around him since he is now in pains, distress and has become a very big burden to his family who do not even have the money to take care of him?. . .

1 Like

Re: Succinctly Anony by wiegraf: 7:02pm On Sep 11, 2012
Purist: lol. . . Anony is quite an intelligent fellow, I must admit. He regularly employs the ultimate cop out when boxed to a tight corner: "God has a higher plan that is beyond our understanding" - basically rephrasing the biblical phrase, "His ways are not our ways, his thoughts not our thoughts."

This good ser anony. You're throwing arguments around with the assumption that the existence of a God is proven. There isn't any evidence, absolutely any, to support it. For our poor, simple, mortal brains, there is no conceivable benefit for A LOT (and most of it the natural kind no less) of the surplus evil in this universe. Why in the world should anyone, other than wishful thinking, assume some greater, good purpose from a genius. If supposedly all-powerful and all-knowing (again impossible, but I'll indulge you) actually did show up and didn't explain himself, clearly showing why this universe and providing non-evil, good excuses for the wanton evil, I'd say you were protecting a sociopath. Brainwashed like one of those who believed our dear leader had never taken a sh1t in his life (or at least that it tastes like honey).

As for evil existing only in the minds of intelligent life, I knew that was going to be your response to my post. I've said often, repeatedly despite the possibility of looking like an 1d1ot, that the universe does not revolve around us, at all. Unnecessary suffering = evil, I thought we settled on that? This the most objective way to go about defining evil, it relates to all life, and even constructs of ours like moral codes. Other animals suffer too, unnecessarily, all the time. That is cruel, simple. We can show up and judge it morally evil, but natural evil exists so long as life exists and it suffers, especially for no good reason. Or is stuff evil only when it happens to xtians? Or perhaps kittens? if you think so I'd say dogs, we could flip coins to decide which.

No appeals to anything here, you seem to be having problem seeing other povs (well imho), hence the seemingly absurd questions.
Re: Succinctly Anony by wiegraf: 7:03pm On Sep 11, 2012
Double post
Re: Succinctly Anony by MrAnony1(m): 7:19pm On Sep 11, 2012
mazaje:

Here we go again, I asked a simple question and you are trying to answer it the anony way. . .What greater purpose will a stray bullet acheive by leaving your child paralze for the rest of his life. Mention any you have in mind that will make you allow your child to get hit despite you having the ability to stop it.
My answer is simple: If I knew of a greater purpose and I could control all outcomes then I could let it happen.

This is the nonsense that you wrote. . .

You have not answered my question at all. For an animal to suffer or be traumatized, it must have an intelligence so as to know that it is suffering and that it's suffering is evil.
To even ponder the necessity of it's suffering, the animal should have an even higher intelligence capable of stepping outside itself and viewing it's situation from an objective viewpoint.
Well, this was what I was responding to:

"evil exists even without intelligent life to judge it........."

Here we go again. . .Anony will lie and throw the bible under the boss to project and protect the imagie of this god he has created in his mind and is self projecting. Firstly, we have the bible ALWAYS stating that god will do man's will. . .Even Jesus has claimed many times that if people believe in him what ever they wish for and will he will do it so you are lying when you say such things. . .here is one example out of many .John 14:14 If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it. So your nonsense talk of your god not doing man's will is a big joke. . .The bible clearly says you don't know what you are talking about since it says if you ask for anything in god's name he will do it. . .Why does your god not answer the prayers of those in serious distress who call out to him for help in his name?. . .The christian chap on his way to evengelize the word of your god that was involved in an accident that left him paralze for the rest of his life is evidence that your god is imaginary, no?. . .Of what good is his paralysis to him or the people around him since he is now in pains, distress and has become a very big burden to his family who do not even have the money to take care of him?. . .
Lol, now he accuses me of lying.
Let us look at John 14:14
"You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it."
You know what it means to ask for something in the name of someone, don't you?

Here are a few more verses to help you get clear.

An example of how to ask:
This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. 1John 5:14

An example of how not to ask:
When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures. James 4:3

It is all about God's will mate, not ours.
Re: Succinctly Anony by MrAnony1(m): 7:46pm On Sep 11, 2012
wiegraf:

This good ser anony. You're throwing arguments around with the assumption that the existence of a God is proven. There isn't any evidence, absolutely any, to support it. For our poor, simple, mortal brains, there is no conceivable benefit for A LOT (and most of it the natural kind no less) of the surplus evil in this universe. Why in the world should anyone, other than wishful thinking, assume some greater, good purpose from a genius. If supposedly all-powerful and all-knowing (again impossible, but I'll indulge you) actually did show up and didn't explain himself, clearly showing why this universe and providing non-evil, good excuses for the wanton evil, I'd say you were protecting a sociopath. Brainwashed like one of those who believed our dear leader had never taken a sh1t in his life (or at least that it tastes like honey).
From the moment you posed the question: "If God is good, then why does evil exist?" you have already assumed the existence of God. In fact the argument takes for granted that God exists. The question before us now is whether God is good or not. The nature of this debate doesn't allow you to play the "God doesn't exist" card.

As for evil existing only in the minds of intelligent life, I knew that was going to be your response to my post. I've said often, repeatedly despite the possibility of looking like an 1d1ot, that the universe does not revolve around us, at all. Unnecessary suffering = evil, I thought we settled on that? This the most objective way to go about defining evil, it relates to all life, and even constructs of ours like moral codes. Other animals suffer too, unnecessarily, all the time. That is cruel, simple. We can show up and judge it morally evil, but natural evil exists so long as life exists and it suffers, especially for no good reason. Or is stuff evil only when it happens to xtians? Or perhaps kittens? if you think so I'd say dogs, we could flip coins to decide which.
I have never held the view that the universe rotates around us. I have only said that to judge something as evil, there must be an intelligent observer either subjectively experiencing it or objectively observing it. (I think you have now come to realize this)
To judge the necessity of suffering, the observer must be able to see the entire big picture. If an observer cannot do this, then he/she cannot rightfully say that the suffering is unnecessary.

No appeals to anything here, you seem to be having problem seeing other povs (well imho), hence the seemingly absurd questions.
....On the contrary y'all seem to have difficulty following an argument to it's logical conclusion.
Re: Succinctly Anony by Nobody: 7:49pm On Sep 11, 2012
Mr_Anony:
From the moment you posed the question: "If God is good, then why does evil exist?" you have already assumed the existence of God. In fact the argument takes for granted that God exists. The question before us now is whether God is good or not. The nature of this debate doesn't allow you to play the "God doesn't exist" card.

lol, I can't believe I agree with you.
Re: Succinctly Anony by mazaje(m): 7:57pm On Sep 11, 2012
Mr_Anony:
My answer is simple: If I knew of a greater purpose and I could control all outcomes then I could let it happen.

I asked you to state any greater purpose you know of that will stop you from saving your young child from a stary bullet assuming you have the ability to do so. . .You keep talking about an elusive greater purpose, just state one. . .Any one you can think of. . .

Well, this was what I was responding to:

"evil exists even without intelligent life to judge it........."

Ok. . . .Didn't know you were responding to that sorry. . .

[quote]Lol, now he accuses me of lying.
Let us look at John 14:14
"You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it."
You know what it means to ask for something in the name of someone, don't you?

Yes you lied. . .You claimed your god does not do man's will when we have him doing it all over the bible, even the bible has him changing his own will to do the will of man. . .Example Yaweh wanted to kill off a group of people and Moses pleaded with him and he changed his mind and acted according to the will of Moses. Many times people pray to him and he does their will, its all over the bible. . .

Here are a few more verses to help you get clear.

An example of how to ask:
This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. 1John 5:14

More contradictions in the bible. Jesus stated in many places that all you need is to believe in him and what ever you ask for, will be given to you. .

I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done. If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer. Matthew 21:21

Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. Mark 11:24

These verses do not talk about the will of god do they?. . .They only underscored the importance of belief in the name of Jesus. . .Believe ask and it will be done. . . .

An example of how not to ask:
When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures. James 4:3

It is all about God's will mate, not ours.

So the preacher that was on evangelism who prayed for protection and a safe journey before he embarked on the journey but later got involved in an accident that left him paralyzed and unable to walk again for the rest of his life was asking with the wrong motives?. . .What is the will of your god towards him for failing to answer his prayers for protection and safe journey despite the claims of your god that he will always answer the prayers of those that believe?. . .What greater purpose does his paralysis add to his life or the life of his family that is finding it very hard to take care of him?. . .
Re: Succinctly Anony by Nobody: 8:12pm On Sep 11, 2012
Mr_Anony: .......Don't you just love Martian?

grin ......I swear.......
Re: Succinctly Anony by MrAnony1(m): 8:32pm On Sep 11, 2012
Martian:
lol, I can't believe I agree with you.
lol
Re: Succinctly Anony by wiegraf: 9:09pm On Sep 11, 2012
Mr_Anony:

I have never held the view that the universe rotates around us. I have only said that to judge something as evil, there must be an intelligent observer either subjectively experiencing it or objectively observing it. (I think you have now come to realize this)
To judge the necessity of suffering, the observer must be able to see the entire big picture. If an observer cannot do this, then he/she cannot rightfully say that the suffering is unnecessary.

....On the contrary y'all seem to have difficulty following an argument to it's logical conclusion.

Phone, can't quote atm

First: I refer to the investigator, I can see how that can be misleading though, I should have made that clear. I want to show how alien your conclusions are to the pov of one who hasn't encountered your god and lead that to something else.
To him, you've made a lot of assumptions based on this hypothetical god. If you assume the investigator should be nonplussed by someone making such claims, then why would you think the situation changes if indeed a being claiming all-xx.xx actually exists, shows up, claims responsibility, in fact smites some more just to prove himself, and does not clearly account for its actions. You see surplus evil, you deduce an evil purpose, that is the rational conclusion. The odds of there being a good intention when you and all your peers cannot figure one out are astronomically low. Therefore should you accept the god's claims that he has good intentions, you would be accepting the gods claims that it has an all-good purpose against reason and on faith.
But yes, the problem of evil assumes an omnixx.x beings presence.

Second: I think there's an absolute zero, a temperature (or energy) lower limit. With or without intelligence to appreciate it, this limit is unambiguously low. Same thing with suffering/pain, we might not be there to judge it unnecessary but if indeed there really is no mitigating good, it is still unambiguously unnecessary, hence evil. Like say a long, drawn out and painful death.

So assuming god exists, address the bit concerning why I should just accept he has good intentions just because he says so, if you will good ser.
Re: Succinctly Anony by MrAnony1(m): 9:26pm On Sep 11, 2012
mazaje:
I asked you to state any greater purpose you know of that will stop you from saving your young child from a stary bullet assuming you have the ability to do so. . .You keep talking about an elusive greater purpose, just state one. . .Any one you can think of. .
I can't think of any and I don't have to. But then I am not God with whom nothing is beyond His knowledge and ability to control. If I was, then there could be valid reasons for me to allow my kid to get paralyzed.

Yes you lied. . .You claimed your god does not do man's will when we have him doing it all over the bible, even the bible has him changing his own will to do the will of man. . .Example Yaweh wanted to kill off a group of people and Moses pleaded with him and he changed his mind and acted according to the will of Moses. Many times people pray to him and he does their will, its all over the bible. . .

More contradictions in the bible. Jesus stated in many places that all you need is to believe in him and what ever you ask for, will be given to you. .

I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done. If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer. Matthew 21:21

Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. Mark 11:24

These verses do not talk about the will of god do they?. . .They only underscored the importance of belief in the name of Jesus. . .Believe ask and it will be done. . . .
Wow how do you read? How do you jump to the conclusion that because God answers prayer, then He is automatically subject to man's control? Do you even know the meaning of a contradiction at all?

So the preacher that was on evangelism who prayed for protection and a safe journey before he embarked on the journey but later got involved in an accident that left him paralyzed and unable to walk again for the rest of his life was asking with the wrong motives?. . .What is the will of your god towards him for failing to answer his prayers for protection and safe journey despite the claims of your god that he will always answer the prayers of those that believe?. . .What greater purpose does his paralysis add to his life or the life of his family that is finding it very hard to take care of him?. . .
Nice question.........but the answer to that question lies with God not me. Besides, it is our souls that are the real deal not our bodies....If you are looking for suffering preachers, There are many who are beaten, raped, tortured and killed while preaching the gospel.

.....We know that God, who raised the Lord Jesus, will also raise us with Jesus and present us to himself...........That is why we never give up. Though our bodies are dying, our spirits are being renewed every day. 2Corinthians 4:14-16
Re: Succinctly Anony by mazaje(m): 9:56pm On Sep 11, 2012
Mr_Anony:
I can't think of any and I don't have to. But then I am not God with whom nothing is beyond His knowledge and ability to control. If I was, then there could be valid reasons for me to allow my kid to get paralyzed.

Here we go again. You were busy taking about an elusive greater good but when asked to specify you can't. . .What greater good can you think of that will stop you from deflecting a stray bullet that will paralye your child? You can't answer but you keep throwing words around in order to explain nothing. . .Why will a god that you claim is all good and all loving allow his own child to be hit by a stary bullet that will leave him paralyzed for the rest of his life?. . .

Wow how do you read? How do you jump to the conclusion that because God answers prayer, then He is automatically subject to man's control? Do you even know the meaning of a contradiction at all?

When a man prays he is telling god to alter his own wish and do the man's wish. . .You guys believe your god is in control don't you?. . .Even the bible talks about god abandoning his will and doing man's will when men prayed to him and pleaded with him. . .Your assertion that your god does not do man's will remains a lie because the bible is filled with god doing man's will when men pray to him. . .Answered prayers is an example of god doing man's will. . .Contradiction is the book that you call the word of god. . .

Nice question.........but the answer to that question lies with God not me. Besides, it is our souls that are the real deal not our bodies....If you are looking for suffering preachers, There are many who are beaten, raped, tortured and killed while preaching the gospel.

.....We know that God, who raised the Lord Jesus, will also raise us with Jesus and present us to himself...........That is why we never give up. Though our bodies are dying, our spirits are being renewed every day. 2Corinthians 4:14-16

If the answers lie with god and not you then why are you wasting your time telling us about your god and what he wants?. . .Why don't you allow him to talk to us himself. .After all when men were primitive he was all over them addressing them throughpublic speech, he was so close to them that he felt they could build a high tower and see him living in the skies that he had to make them have different languages, no?. . .Another nonsense talk about souls, why then do christians pray for protection against harm and misfortune if it is the soul alone that matters?. . .Why do christians try their possible best to assit each other when they are suffering if all that matters is the soul?. . .

I asked a simple question and all you can come up is with is this drivel?. . .What greater good is there when a loving and all good god refuses to protect his child that called upon his name for protection as he promised in his word. but left the child that went out to do his work for him to be invloved in an accident that left him paralyzed for and unable to walk again and use his body properly for the rest of his life?. . .

Will you as an all good and loving parent do that?. . .How is yur good all good or all loving with the events we see happing in the life of christians that genuiningly call on to the name of your god for protection against harm and misfortune that the can't control but he fails them all the time. . .There are millions of examples the world over. . .How is your good all good or all loving. .Will a loving parent do that?. . .The existence of evil shows that your god is not all good or all loving unless if you have your own anonny definition of what love or good is. . .
Re: Succinctly Anony by DeepSight(m): 10:01pm On Sep 11, 2012
Martian: An Island inhabited by fauna, flora and devoid of any human is almost completely wiped out by a Tsunami. Is this “evil” or just a natural occurrence?
An adjacent Island inhabited by Christians gets wiped out. Is this “evil” or just a natural occurrence?

In both situations, the sharks in the sea have "good" food.

AH ahn, do you mean you still say very sensible things sometimes. Wow. This one is good sha, i agree.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? / Ibidunni Ighodalo Honoured By Dolapo Osinbajo At Runway Jazz Humanitarian Award / Did Anyone Ascend Into Heaven Before Jesus Or Not?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.