Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,963 members, 7,949,283 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 04:30 AM

Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon On Ogoniland Independence Declaration - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon On Ogoniland Independence Declaration (21807 Views)

Ogoni Hails Buhari On Implementation Of UNEP On Ogoniland / Hon Patrick Obahiagbon On Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa / No Action From Shell, Nigeria On Ogoniland Pollution Report – Amnesty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon On Ogoniland Independence Declaration by Basic(m): 11:21am On Aug 05, 2012
Sensible speech needs not contain heavy grammar. It shouldn't contain useless and irrelevant words, just as a piece of drawing shouldn't contain irrelevant lines, and a machine shouldn't contain irrelevant parts. Simplicity begets effective communication. What is your message when, after your speech, people see you as a lunatic? Unfortunately still, all the trash he spoke can be summarised in a single sentence: A SOVEREIGN NATIONAL CONFERENCE WILL SOLVE NIGERIA'S POLITICAL PROBLEMS.

3 Likes

Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon On Ogoniland Independence Declaration by slam7000(m): 11:21am On Aug 05, 2012
Square peg in a round hole,this man is a literary genius and has no business sitting and wasting his time at the national assembly.
He shld be in the university developing and inspiring scholars or he should be like the soyinkas or achebes writing and producing great literary works,his talent is being wasted acting like a clown at the national assembly.he sounds very crude when he is talking but when you read same speech,you,ll appreciate how ingenious he is.
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon On Ogoniland Independence Declaration by Sealeddeal(m): 11:24am On Aug 05, 2012
Alot of nigerians has learnt nothing and forgotten nothing.If First lady make a wrong but understandable statements,it will be used to make joke.unfortunately,Patrick has made a correct but incomprehensible statements,alot of people has lost.Now,between the first lady and Patrick,who is communicating? And what is the major use of language? English is our second language.we shouldnt value it more.

1 Like

Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon On Ogoniland Independence Declaration by Hychineson(m): 11:26am On Aug 05, 2012
Acidosis: abeg wetin be
.poco a poco?

.siroco?

abi i nor go school?
poco a poco is a musical language which means 'little by little'
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon On Ogoniland Independence Declaration by chuckdee4(m): 11:28am On Aug 05, 2012
and once aagain his message gets lost in the crap he wraps around it, see why he can't be taken seriously.
Didn't even bother reading past the first line.
He might think it genius blowing all that grammar but when ur audience aren't on the same wave length, no one will give a toss
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon On Ogoniland Independence Declaration by Etumgbe(m): 11:28am On Aug 05, 2012
Abeg who get koboko make we beat the spirit of madness comot for this man body

1 Like

Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon On Ogoniland Independence Declaration by Nobody: 11:29am On Aug 05, 2012
[size=16pt]The Unraveling Has Begun. Little Lithuania started the break up of the mighty Soviet Union with this type of declaration. Long Live Ogoni Land[/size].

4 Likes

Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon On Ogoniland Independence Declaration by Giftedstan(m): 11:32am On Aug 05, 2012
175:

poco a poco means poke me, i poke back. Hehehehe!
nah ! Means "little by little " guy !
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon On Ogoniland Independence Declaration by ololo12: 11:34am On Aug 05, 2012
Mr Pato more grease to your elbow. You are and will always remain my Mentor.
The Igodo Migodo of Nigeria

May you live long sir!
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon On Ogoniland Independence Declaration by Damlesky(m): 11:36am On Aug 05, 2012
abeg.... wetin e dey talk about cheesy
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon On Ogoniland Independence Declaration by sharubutu(m): 11:37am On Aug 05, 2012
Jakumo: The Right
Honorable Grammar-Meister At-Large, Patrick Obahiagbon, of the
“Flabber-Whelmed and Over-Ghasted" fame, never fails to deliver whenever
the need arises to put The Queen’s lingua franca through its paces in
all its unmitigated, timeless splendor, cacoethes loquendi, cacoethes
scribendi

Effortlessly bestriding the ever-shifting metaphysical delineation that
separates inter-alia the ponderous, pedantic and indecipherable
from the transcendent and inspired, our man Patrick takes no prisoners
as he pulls out all stops to bombard befuddled captive audiences with
cascading rip-tides of scintillating diction carefully drawn from the
most labyrinthine, convoluted, obscure and tautological outer reaches of
human comprehension, ad-nauseum, nolle-prosecui,
curia-advisari-vult
. In simple terms, the prevailing modus
operandi
shall maintain its current status-quo and continue
to do so ipso-facto, corpus-habeus, ad-iudicium, and of course,
ad-infinitum.

As Miles Davis was to improvisational jazz, Patrick Obahiagbon is to the
English language. Whether it be Miles cutting loose with his trumpet,
or Patrick reaching for his well-worn thesaurus, the band plays on,
allowing the soloist to lift off into the stratosphere of existential
and neurological suspended animation, such that even when sour notes
slip out into the mesmerizing audio-perceptory data-stream, disoriented
audience members merely glance around, note others vigorously nodding
their heads in spellbound appreciation, and so proceed to do the same
for fear of appearing ignorant or uncultured, veritas vos
liberabit.

Patrick is da MAN. Nihil Incarborendum Illegitimi !

Sure u'er one of his trainees.
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon On Ogoniland Independence Declaration by proudlyafrican(m): 11:37am On Aug 05, 2012
Laughing and SMH.
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon On Ogoniland Independence Declaration by firmcy(m): 11:37am On Aug 05, 2012
shocked :oSumbody heeeelllllllp shocked
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon On Ogoniland Independence Declaration by firmcy(m): 11:39am On Aug 05, 2012
:oSumbody heeeelllllllp shocked
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon On Ogoniland Independence Declaration by akpunku1: 11:40am On Aug 05, 2012
tempest01: Abeg this man sef...this one no be communication again...na encryption

this got me cracking
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon On Ogoniland Independence Declaration by ACM10: 11:42am On Aug 05, 2012
Who go fit dilute dis grammar for me abeg? undecided
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon On Ogoniland Independence Declaration by Idealkocep: 11:43am On Aug 05, 2012
In the world of Infotech, we call this data encryption which actually requires de-encryption Key(shared key). Patrick please send the shared key asap so that I can decipher/crack those strings of words...lol
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon On Ogoniland Independence Declaration by airfinance(m): 11:47am On Aug 05, 2012
This man no go kill me with his grrammer. Abeg make he go british parliament go throw all this nonesense wey him dey call grammer. Funny sha
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon On Ogoniland Independence Declaration by bruglione1(m): 11:50am On Aug 05, 2012
Hon. Patrick, u is da man!!!!!!! U set ma soul on heights with your grammar. U are a genius come what may.
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon On Ogoniland Independence Declaration by jinha(m): 11:57am On Aug 05, 2012
jamace: The grammar is laughable but the message is the truth. Sovereign national conference is the only way out of this political bottleneck.
Not quite sure..maybe I'm missing something
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon On Ogoniland Independence Declaration by Cupidkc(m): 12:11pm On Aug 05, 2012
.poco a poco?

.siroco?

abi i nor go school?

Poco a poco is used in music meanin "little by little".
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon On Ogoniland Independence Declaration by Nobody: 12:13pm On Aug 05, 2012
.poco a poco?

.siroco?

abi i nor go school?
that is italian for little by little. i dont know what siroco means
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon On Ogoniland Independence Declaration by phadat(m): 12:21pm On Aug 05, 2012
Jakumo: The Right Honorable Grammar-Meister At-Large, Patrick Obahiagbon, of the “Flabber-Whelmed and Over-Ghasted" fame, never fails to deliver whenever the need arises to put The Queen’s lingua franca through its paces in all its unmitigated, timeless splendor, cacoethes loquendi, cacoethes scribendi.

Effortlessly bestriding the ever-shifting metaphysical delineation that separates inter-alia the ponderous, pedantic and indecipherable from the transcendent and inspired, our man Patrick takes no prisoners as he pulls out all stops to bombard befuddled captive audiences with cascading rip-tides of scintillating diction carefully drawn from the most labyrinthine, convoluted, obscure and tautological outer reaches of human comprehension, ad-nauseum, nolle-prosecui, curia-advisari-vult. In simple terms, the prevailing modus operandi shall maintain its current status-quo and continue to do so ipso-facto, corpus-habeus, ad-iudicium, and of course, ad-infinitum.

As Miles Davis was to improvisational jazz, Patrick Obahiagbon is to the English language. Whether it be Miles cutting loose with his trumpet, or Patrick reaching for his well-worn thesaurus, the band plays on, allowing the soloist to lift off into the stratosphere of existential and neurological suspended animation, such that even when sour notes slip out into the mesmerizing audio-perceptory data-stream, disoriented audience members merely glance around, note others vigorously nodding their heads in spellbound appreciation, and so proceed to do the same for fear of appearing ignorant or uncultured, veritas vos liberabit.

Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon On Ogoniland Independence Declaration by bknight: 12:22pm On Aug 05, 2012
PhysicsQED: In some sense, and on some level, Patrick Obahiagbon is actually illiterate.

I see you & I roger dat. In some sense, on some level, he is actually an illiterate but many can't see that.
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon On Ogoniland Independence Declaration by phadat(m): 12:25pm On Aug 05, 2012
Jakumo: The Right Honorable Grammar-Meister At-Large, Patrick Obahiagbon, of the “Flabber-Whelmed and Over-Ghasted" fame, never fails to deliver whenever the need arises to put The Queen’s lingua franca through its paces in all its unmitigated, timeless splendor, cacoethes loquendi, cacoethes scribendi.

Effortlessly bestriding the ever-shifting metaphysical delineation that separates inter-alia the ponderous, pedantic and indecipherable from the transcendent and inspired, our man Patrick takes no prisoners as he pulls out all stops to bombard befuddled captive audiences with cascading rip-tides of scintillating diction carefully drawn from the most labyrinthine, convoluted, obscure and tautological outer reaches of human comprehension, ad-nauseum, nolle-prosecui, curia-advisari-vult. In simple terms, the prevailing modus operandi shall maintain its current status-quo and continue to do so ipso-facto, corpus-habeus, ad-iudicium, and of course, ad-infinitum.[/in

As Miles Davis was to improvisational jazz, Patrick Obahiagbon is to the English language. Whether it be Miles cutting loose with his trumpet, or Patrick reaching for his well-worn thesaurus, the band plays on, allowing the soloist to lift off into the stratosphere of existential and neurological suspended animation, such that even when sour notes slip out into the mesmerizing audio-perceptory data-stream, disoriented audience members merely glance around, note others vigorously nodding their heads in spellbound appreciation, and so proceed to do the same for fear of appearing ignorant or uncultured, [i]veritas vos liberabit.

Hen hen abeg stop am I never fit to read one finish for dictionary you dey dia dey speak latin join am shuo lol
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon On Ogoniland Independence Declaration by Aifey(m): 12:25pm On Aug 05, 2012
4get d grammer n 4get nt d message. Brafra is next....
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon On Ogoniland Independence Declaration by kingroyce: 12:29pm On Aug 05, 2012
dafman10:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/PatrickObahiagbon/posts/510054055678423

LWKMD
un
to be very sincere this man needs a sure education since he seems unaware of the principal fact and purpose of communication- which is understanding by the parties involved in the communication. Even if he's speaking to Americans or English men,they'll reject him
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon On Ogoniland Independence Declaration by bknight: 12:30pm On Aug 05, 2012

Effortlessly bestriding the ever-shifting metaphysical delineation that separates inter-alia the ponderous, pedantic and indecipherable from the transcendent and inspired, our man Patrick takes no prisoners as he pulls out all stops to bombard befuddled captive audiences with cascading rip-tides of scintillating diction carefully drawn from the most labyrinthine, convoluted, obscure and tautological outer reaches of human comprehension, ad-nauseum, nolle-prosecui, curia-advisari-vult. In simple terms, the prevailing modus operandi shall maintain its current status-quo and continue to do so ipso-facto, corpus-habeus, ad-iudicium, and of course, ad-infinitum.

As Miles Davis was to improvisational jazz, Patrick Obahiagbon is to the English language. Whether it be Miles cutting loose with his trumpet, or Patrick reaching for his well-worn thesaurus, the band plays on, allowing the soloist to lift off into the stratosphere of existential and neurological suspended animation, such that even when sour notes slip out into the mesmerizing audio-perceptory data-stream, disoriented audience members merely glance around, note others vigorously nodding their heads in spellbound appreciation, and so proceed to do the same for fear of appearing ignorant or uncultured, veritas vos liberabit.

Hmmm...ur point subtle.. yet, clear.
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon On Ogoniland Independence Declaration by joudini(m): 12:32pm On Aug 05, 2012
Is there something jakumo is not telling the house?
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon On Ogoniland Independence Declaration by Zhul001(m): 12:32pm On Aug 05, 2012
How will ds guy tell is wife bring my food to the dining table....wit ds is megaunliquidated grammar
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon On Ogoniland Independence Declaration by CARLISTO77(m): 12:35pm On Aug 05, 2012
ololo12: Please where is Carlitos77. The Nairaland Patick Obahiagbon to give us his take on this!!
My Dear, I am here, just trying to look into things with prepossessed and shrewd agility.
I think that the man in question is trying to cause kooky discombobulation with his vagaries and abject befuddlement.
I feel his preposterousness is way ajar of being comunicative, and of edutainment appossiteness it should engender.
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon On Ogoniland Independence Declaration by DrChatNuff: 12:36pm On Aug 05, 2012
The Nigerian asset ......big grammar....small brain-....all talk no work

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Begged Tinubu And Akande To Make Buhari Their Presidential Candidate-Dasuki / Ambode And Tinubu Visit Guinea Republic / Photos Of Ongoing Dualization Of Yenegwe-Kolo-Otuoke Road In Bayelsa By FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.