Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,514 members, 7,885,158 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 01:52 AM

Thanks To Islam, My Culture Is Haraam.!!!!! - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Thanks To Islam, My Culture Is Haraam.!!!!! (6769 Views)

Is Smoking Cigarettes Haraam? / 'Its A Peaceful Religion' - Moji Olaiya Converts To Islam / Liz Anjorin Converts To Islam, Changes Name To Aisha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thanks To Islam, My Culture Is Haraam.!!!!! by MacDaddy01: 3:38pm On Aug 05, 2012
-Food
Edible worm is a snack where I come from. Fat, juicy worms. A simple protein supplement eaten by my forefathers. Haraam angry angry angry
Palm wine drunk my forefathers and still drunk today. Haraam angry angry angry

-Sex
Premarital sex is allowed between two consenting adults in my culture. Haraam angry angry angry

-Clothing
While not explicitly haraam, thanks to the conservative Islam adopted in Northern Nigeria, my sisters can not wear their traditional dresses in some parts of Nigeria. Think about this, a Nigerian can not wear her cultural dress in parts of Nigeria, however, in secular countries, she is free to wear it anywhere.

[img]http://glass4drops.files./2011/05/beads4.jpg[/img]

lol, Vedaxcool, Tbaba and LagoShia, do really expect non-muslim southerners that are aware of their culture to see islam as anything but unfair and imperialistic?

1 Like

Re: Thanks To Islam, My Culture Is Haraam.!!!!! by LagosShia: 3:49pm On Aug 05, 2012
MacDaddy01: -Food
Edible worm is a snack where I come from. Fat, juicy worms. A simple protein supplement eaten by my forefathers. Haraam angry angry angry
Palm wine drunk my forefathers and still drunk today. Haraam angry angry angry

-Sex
Premarital sex is allowed between two consenting adults in my culture. Haraam angry angry angry

-Clothing
While not explicitly haraam, thanks to the conservative Islam adopted in Northern Nigeria, my sisters can not wear their traditional dresses in some parts of Nigeria. Think about this, a Nigerian can not wear her cultural dress in parts of Nigeria, however, in secular countries, she is free to wear it anywhere.

[img]http://glass4drops.files./2011/05/beads4.jpg[/img]

lol, Vedaxcool, Tbaba and LagoShia, do really expect non-muslim southerners that are aware of their culture to see islam as anything but unfair and imperialistic?

we are already discussing this in another thread,why did you come to start a fresh thread?
https://www.nairaland.com/1008472/why-all-muslims-pray-arabic/1

in many instances,Islam is compatible with culture.it only becomes haram when the pratice harms in human being or goes against Islamic standards based on moral and reasonable grounds.there is nothing wrong to wear traditional dresses if they do not expose the body and create lust.

as for your worm eating habit in your culture,bon apetit grin thanks but no thanks!

in pre-islamic arabia,burying their infant daughters was also a cultural practice.but islam stopped it.i guess someone like you would like that practice to continue too.

2 Likes

Re: Thanks To Islam, My Culture Is Haraam.!!!!! by MacDaddy01: 3:58pm On Aug 05, 2012
LagosShia:

we are already discussing this in another thread,why did you come to start a fresh thread?
https://www.nairaland.com/1008472/why-all-muslims-pray-arabic/1

We did not ndiscuss food, did we.

LagosShia:
in many instances,Islam is compatible with culture.it only becomes haram when the pratice harms in human being or goes against Islamic standards based on moral and reasonable grounds.there is nothing wrong to wear traditional dresses if they do not expose the body and create lust.

Many Nigerian cultures drink palm wine.

Furthermore, it is shameful for you to act as if the traditional dress in the above picture would be allowed in some sharia states in Nigeria. My own country discriminating agaisnt my culture because of an Arabic religion. angry angry angry angry

LagosShia:
as for your worm eating habit in your culture,bon apetit grin thanks but no thanks!

And why should it be forbidden?

LagosShia:
in pre-islamic arabia,burying their infant daughters was also a cultural practice.but islam stopped it.i guess someone like you would like that practice to continue too.

What a foolish argument. Who does eating edible worms or dressing in our traditional attire harm?
Re: Thanks To Islam, My Culture Is Haraam.!!!!! by Nobody: 5:04pm On Aug 05, 2012
Wow.
Logicboy is angry because he heard that maggot is haraam. I didn't know you had a taste for maggots. . . . .
Re: Thanks To Islam, My Culture Is Haraam.!!!!! by LagosShia: 5:14pm On Aug 05, 2012
when he can no longer raise long foolish arguments to pretend he is talking sense,he brings up petty discussions and try to feel victimized. grin grin grin
Re: Thanks To Islam, My Culture Is Haraam.!!!!! by Nobody: 5:23pm On Aug 05, 2012
LagosShia: when he can no longer raise long foolish arguments to pretend he is talking sense,he brings up petty discussions and try to feel victimized. grin grin grin
Don't mind him.
Re: Thanks To Islam, My Culture Is Haraam.!!!!! by LagosShia: 5:32pm On Aug 05, 2012
fellis:
Don't mind him.
never! grin
Re: Thanks To Islam, My Culture Is Haraam.!!!!! by MacDaddy01: 6:30pm On Aug 05, 2012
fellis: Wow.
Logicboy is angry because he heard that maggot is haraam. I didn't know you had a taste for maggots. . . . .

angry angry angry

Maggots.......thats all you could get from the thread?

I like how you dont even deny how your religion discriminates against culture.
Re: Thanks To Islam, My Culture Is Haraam.!!!!! by MacDaddy01: 6:31pm On Aug 05, 2012
LagosShia: when he can no longer raise long foolish arguments to pretend he is talking sense,he brings up petty discussions and try to feel victimized. grin grin grin

Why are you copying Vedaxcool's style? When he cant debate, he randomly talks to himself and tries to taunt the opponent.
Re: Thanks To Islam, My Culture Is Haraam.!!!!! by Nobody: 7:11pm On Aug 05, 2012
Islam is not discriminating against any culture. To discriminate means to treat a person or group of persons unfairly because of prejudice. The Islamic culture or way of life has it's own standards for dressing and your culture has it's own standards. The former does not treat the latter unfairly by simply having those cultures you mentioned so how is prejudice involved in the matter?
Besides, there is no compulsion in Islam. If you don't want to adopt the Islamic culture then don't. No need to complain about it.
Re: Thanks To Islam, My Culture Is Haraam.!!!!! by MacDaddy01: 7:21pm On Aug 05, 2012
fellis: Islam is not discriminating against any culture. To discriminate means to treat a person or group of persons unfairly because of prejudice. The Islamic culture or way of life has it's own standards for dressing and your culture has it's own standards. The former does not treat the latter unfairly by simply having those cultures you mentioned so how is prejudice involved in the matter?
Besides, there is no compulsion in Islam. If you don't want to adopt the Islamic culture then don't. No need to complain about it.

dis·crim·i·na·tion/disˌkriməˈnāSHən/
Noun:
The unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people or things, esp. on the grounds of race, age, or sex.

Explain what is just about not allowing my sister to wear her traditional clothes in her own country. She can wear it anywhere in Nigeria but not the Sharia state she is currently in. The girl in the above picture can not wear her clothes in her own country due to Islam.

Explain what is fair when the first mulsim in my village (who mysteriously dissappeared wink) was going around telling people that God doesnt want them to drink wine or eat edible worm. Assuming there was sharia law put in my state, what would happen to the culture of drinking wine and eating edible worm?

1 Like

Re: Thanks To Islam, My Culture Is Haraam.!!!!! by Nobody: 7:39pm On Aug 05, 2012
MacDaddy01:

dis·crim·i·na·tion/disˌkriməˈnāSHən/
Noun:
The unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people or things, esp. on the grounds of race, age, or sex.

How does this negate what I said?

MacDaddy01:

Explain what is just about not allowing my sister to wear her traditional clothes in her own country. She can wear it anywhere in Nigeria but not the Sharia state she is currently in. The girl in the above picture can not wear her clothes in her own country due to Islam.

If she decides to live in a Sharia state then she has to live according to the laws of the state. While this might appear to be unfair to you, you have to remember that every society has to have laws which its citizens should live by in order to preserve law and order in that society. If you chose to live in any region, then you should be prepared to follow whatever laws were put in place in that region.

MacDaddy01:

Explain what is fair when the first mulsim in my village (who mysteriously dissappeared wink)
What really happened to the man? Did your people kill him because he was a Muslim?
Re: Thanks To Islam, My Culture Is Haraam.!!!!! by MacDaddy01: 8:08pm On Aug 05, 2012
fellis:

How does this negate what I said?

Nope.....just added emphasis on the word "unjust".

fellis:
If she decides to live in a Sharia state then she has to live according to the laws of the state. While this might appear to be unfair to you, you have to remember that every society has to have laws which its citizens should live by in order to preserve law and order in that society. If you chose to live in any region, then you should be prepared to follow whatever laws were put in place in that region.

Unfortunately, you are giving the exact argument that a segregationist would have used. Respect the law of the state, blacks and whites have to use different toilets, restaurants and schools.

When did you become so heartless, Fellis? cry cry cry

A discriminatory law remains a discriminatory law. You have to not that my sister can wear her traditional dress anywhere in the UK

fellis:
What really happened to the man? Did your people kill him because he was a Muslim?

Nobody knew what really happened to him but the circumstances remain suspicious. But still, that is irrelevant, the point is why must Islam think it has the right to control and change people's culture? If my state adopted sharia, we both know what would happen to the edible worm and wine?
Re: Thanks To Islam, My Culture Is Haraam.!!!!! by Nobody: 8:31pm On Aug 05, 2012
How can you even say these cultures are similar to racism? They are not similar, neither are they discriminatory.
If you cannot abide by the laws in the place you live then move away, it's as simple as that
Re: Thanks To Islam, My Culture Is Haraam.!!!!! by MacDaddy01: 8:44pm On Aug 05, 2012
fellis: How can you even say these cultures are similar to racism? They are not similar, neither are they discriminatory.
If you cannot abide by the laws in the place you live then move away, it's as simple as that

LMAO....Fellis explodes!

How are going to have an atheist boyfriend if you cant even argue for your religion? grin grin

Racism is discrimination.

Not allowing someone to eat his cultural food because your religion forbids it is discrimination.
Not alllowing someone to wear her own traditional clothes in her own country is just madness- hyper discrimination. ou have no valid reason for not allowing her to wear hr traditional clothes
Re: Thanks To Islam, My Culture Is Haraam.!!!!! by Nobody: 10:30pm On Aug 05, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Not allowing someone to eat his cultural food because your religion forbids it is discrimination.
Not alllowing someone to wear her own traditional clothes in her own country is just madness- hyper discrimination. ou have no valid reason for not allowing her to wear hr traditional clothes
In any society, there has to be rules/laws in order for stability to exist and also to serve to protect the interests of the individuals in that society.
The Sharia laws will of course seem discriminatory to you because you are an atheist but the people who put it in place will see the laws as the best there can be because they are based on instructions from the God they serve.
Secondly, Sharia laws are put in place in areas where there are predominantly Muslims and Sharia is based on their religion so the laws may not be satisfactory to every single person in that place but are accepted at least by the majority. That's the way it is in every society with laws; there would always be the minority that are not satisfied with the established laws but as long as the majority is ok with them, then no problem.
I am sure your sister is not from the Northern part of Nigeria where you said that she has been prevented from wearing her native cultural dress. Whatever part of the country she is from, there would be no laws against her wearing her native clothes there, unlike in Northern Nigeria. Cultures differ in Nigeria, what is accepted in one part will not necessarily be the norm in another part, so the preference of one over the other should not be surprising.
Re: Thanks To Islam, My Culture Is Haraam.!!!!! by Nobody: 10:33pm On Aug 05, 2012
MacDaddy: How are going to have an atheist boyfriend if you cant even argue for your religion? grin grin

I am not looking for one. sad
You were probably sleepy when you wrote that (judging by the typos in your post)
Re: Thanks To Islam, My Culture Is Haraam.!!!!! by MacDaddy01: 10:56pm On Aug 05, 2012
fellis:
In any society, there has to be rules/laws in order for stability to exist and also to serve to protect the interests of the individuals in that society.
The Sharia laws will of course seem discriminatory to you because you are an atheist but the people who put it in place will see the laws as the best there can be because they are based on instructions from the God they serve.
Secondly, Sharia laws are put in place in areas where there are predominantly Muslims and Sharia is based on their religion so the laws may not be satisfactory to every single person in that place but are accepted at least by the majority. That's the way it is in every society with laws; there would always be the minority that are not satisfied with the established laws but as long as the majority is ok with them, then no problem.
I am sure your sister is not from the Northern part of Nigeria where you said that she has been prevented from wearing her native cultural dress. Whatever part of the country she is from, there would be no laws against her wearing her native clothes there, unlike in Northern Nigeria. Cultures differ in Nigeria, what is accepted in one part will not necessarily be the norm in another part, so the preference of one over the other should not be surprising.

Did you type that with a straight face? Do you feel honest after that comment?

I will not argue with you......I would ask you to reflect on your dishonesty.

Minorities have to be protected. Blacks are minorities in the USA, imagine if there were laws against them.

Fulani is in northern Nigeria
[img]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQB2QvqNAWO2yQxc7WoFlfyQxBTGYYk7sRCmxDq781OwywBN0Vw-gjmWMoGHg[/img]
Re: Thanks To Islam, My Culture Is Haraam.!!!!! by Nobody: 4:34am On Aug 06, 2012
MacDaddy01:

I will not argue with you......I would ask you to reflect on your dishonesty.

Minorities have to be protected. Blacks are minorities in the USA, imagine if there were laws against them.

I am not being dishonest and nobody is making rules against minorities. All the laws in the Sharia are made for the benefit of mankind and not against anyone, minority or majority.
Re: Thanks To Islam, My Culture Is Haraam.!!!!! by MacDaddy01: 7:45am On Aug 06, 2012
fellis:

I am not being dishonest and nobody is making rules against minorities. All the laws in the Sharia are made for the benefit of mankind and not against anyone, minority or majority.

Has any non-muslim ever fell in love with Sharia? LMAO.

Explain to me how marriage law in islam benefits non-muslims again? When a muslim guy was ready to kill me because I had a muslim girlfriend.

Explain how Jizyah is not discriminatory when you have different tax for the non-muslim minority.

Even on the topic,

Chinese and Japanese people have some frog dishes and many pork dishes. My culture has edible worm and bushmeat. What would happen if all these people were to live under Sharia? Is Sharia beneficial to their culture? The food they eat?
Re: Thanks To Islam, My Culture Is Haraam.!!!!! by vedaxcool(m): 9:37am On Aug 06, 2012
fellis:
Don't mind him.

Why do you people have to hit so hard?

Re: Thanks To Islam, My Culture Is Haraam.!!!!! by MacDaddy01: 9:41am On Aug 06, 2012
vedaxcool:

[img]Logic boy battered[/img]

[img]http://i.qkme.me/35lxxp.jpg[/img]
Re: Thanks To Islam, My Culture Is Haraam.!!!!! by Nobody: 12:33pm On Aug 06, 2012
vedaxcool:

Ok we will hit less hard next time. wink

MacDaddy01:
Has any non-muslim ever fallen in love with Sharia? LMAO.
It is possible. You hate it doesn't mean every non-Muslim hates it.

MacDaddy01:
Explain to me how marriage law in islam benefits non-muslims again?
What marriage laws exactly?
MacDaddy01:
When a muslim guy was ready to kill me because I had a muslim girlfriend.
I think it is time for you to forget the past and move on, besides no one said those people were doing the right thing Islamically by threatening your life.

MacDaddy01:
Explain how Jizyah is not discriminatory when you have different tax for the non-muslim minority.
Jizyah is paid for different reasons. While it may seem unfair that the non-Muslims have to pay a tax that Muslims are exempted from paying, a closer look at how Jizyah works would reveal that it actually isn't.
Non-Muslims who pay Jizyah enjoy certain benefits that Muslims are exempted from such as being excluded from military service and still being under the State's protection and also being exempted from paying Zakat which is compulsory for Muslims.
MacDaddy01:
Even on the topic,
Chinese and Japanese people have some frog dishes and many pork dishes. My culture has edible worm and bushmeat. What would happen if all these people were to live under Sharia? Is Sharia beneficial to their culture? The food they eat?
Allah knows best why He made certain food items haraam. If those states were to adopt the Sharia, then they would have to do away with their haraam food items. There are other halal food to replace them; pork and worms are not things people can't exist without.
Re: Thanks To Islam, My Culture Is Haraam.!!!!! by MacDaddy01: 12:58pm On Aug 06, 2012
fellis:
Ok we will hit less hard next time. wink

It is possible. You hate it doesn't mean every non-Muslim hates it.

What marriage laws exactly?

I think it is time for you to forget the past and move on, besides no one said those people were doing the right thing Islamically by threatening your life.

Jizyah is paid for different reasons. While it may seem unfair that the non-Muslims have to pay a tax that Muslims are exempted from paying, a closer look at how Jizyah works would reveal that it actually isn't.
Non-Muslims who pay Jizyah enjoy certain benefits that Muslims are exempted from such as being excluded from military service and still being under the State's protection and also being exempted from paying Zakat which is compulsory for Muslims.

Allah knows best why He made certain food items haraam. If those states were to adopt the Sharia, then they would have to do away with their haraam food items. There are other halal food to replace them; pork and worms are not things people can't exist without.

A non-muslim man like me can not marry a muslim woman but a muslim man can marry my christian sister. Does that Quranic law sound fair to you?

It is impossible, Sharia does not tolerate any faith other than Islam. Unless that non-muslim is a willing slave, he can not suppress his faith/disbelief and enjoy life. Name one Sharia country where christianity/atheism is allowed to flourish. Muslims even prefer to live in Secular countries. I dot see muslims rushing to Qatar or Saudi Arabia (Who are almost as rich as America) the same way they rush to Europe.

As for Jizya, how can it not be diescriminatory? Do unto others as you would do unto yourself. Would you like to be taxed more than everyone else in Nigeria for being a muslim because there are more christians than muslims?

If we were to bring christian laws, you wouldnt like it. You wouldnt agree with having monuments to Jesus in public areas, you wouldnt like to pay extra tax because of your religion. You wouldnt like to go to a church or stay at your home on sundays by force (keeping the sabbath holy)

Allah knows best? Just say that you dont know and that you follow blindly.

How would you like it if I banned the burkha and suya and Said "Jesus knows best" or rather "spaghetti monster knows best"

1 Like

Re: Thanks To Islam, My Culture Is Haraam.!!!!! by Nobody: 4:10pm On Aug 06, 2012
MacDaddy01:
A non-muslim man like me can not marry a muslim woman but a muslim man can marry my christian sister. Does that Quranic law sound fair to you?
I think the reason for this has been explained to you before. It has to do with the husband forcing the wife to convert or oppressing her for having a different religion since he is the head of the house and everything.
MacDaddy01:
As for Jizya, how can it not be discriminatory? Do unto others as you would do unto yourself. Would you like to be taxed more than everyone else in Nigeria for being a muslim because there are more christians than muslims?If we were to bring christian laws, you wouldnt like it. You wouldnt agree with having monuments to Jesus in public areas, you wouldnt like to pay extra tax because of your religion. You wouldnt like to go to a church or stay at your home on sundays by force (keeping the sabbath holy)

No I wouldn't like those things, because as a Muslim, I believe that Islam is superior to any other Religion and seeing other religions flourish would above Islam would not make me so happy.
MacDaddy01:
Allah knows best? Just say that you dont know and that you follow blindly.
How would you like it if I banned the burkha and suya and Said "Jesus knows best" or rather "spaghetti monster knows best"
Lol, who told you suya is an Islamic thing? Hausas make it doesn't mean it is tied to the Religion.
@bold,
Stop trying to rationalize every single aspect of religion. There are certain things that are accepted based on faith and not logic.
I believe that there is a God (Allah) and you don't so you would not understand my saying Allah knows best.
Re: Thanks To Islam, My Culture Is Haraam.!!!!! by MacDaddy01: 4:42pm On Aug 06, 2012
fellis:
I think the reason for this has been explained to you before. It has to do with the husband forcing the wife to convert or oppressing her for having a different religion since he is the head of the house and everything.

Yes, why are you assuming that the atheist or christian will force his belief on his wife? I never forced anything on my mulsim girlfriend. I didnt even bother about her religion unless she and her friends tried to debate with me.

Why are you also forgetting that muslim can also force religion on his christian wife?

So Fellis, does this mean that you no longer like me? You believe that if we were together, I would do "love jihad" on you and force you to be an atheist? Heartbroken cry

fellis:
No I wouldn't like those things, because as a Muslim, I believe that Islam is superior to any other Religion and seeing other religions flourish would above Islam would not make me so happy.

Is that not arrogance? How can islam be superior to other beliefs? Have you been watching the news and how the West is dealing with the middle east? Or even the fact that there are more christians than muslims in Nigeria and in the whole world?

Your religion was born out of Christianity and Judaism.

lol. Sorry but those are facts

fellis:
Lol, who told you suya is an Islamic thing? Hausas make it doesn't mean it is tied to the Religion.
@bold,
Stop trying to rationalize every single aspect of religion. There are certain things that are accepted based on faith and not logic.
I believe that there is a God (Allah) and you don't so you would not understand my saying Allah knows best.

Of course, Suya isnt islamic.

Anyway, there is hope for you since you can at least admit that religion is based on faith.

1 Like

Re: Thanks To Islam, My Culture Is Haraam.!!!!! by Nobody: 5:03pm On Aug 06, 2012
MacDaddy01:
Yes, why are you assuming that the atheist or christian will force his belief on his wife? I never forced anything on my mulsim girlfriend. I didnt even bother about her religion unless she and her friends tried to debate with me.
Why are you also forgetting that muslim can also force religion on his christian wife?
So Fellis, does this mean that you no longer like me? You believe that if we were together, I would do "love jihad" on you and force you to be an atheist? Heartbroken cry
Ndo. Sorry about your heartbreak but why do you think there was a time that I "liked" you?
I can't marry a non-Muslim. The risk of my converting is always there.
Besides, in a marriage where the man has different beliefs from the woman, he would most likely want the children from that union to adopt his beliefs rather than that of his wife's. That is something else to consider.
MacDaddy01:
Is that not arrogance? How can islam be superior to other beliefs? Have you been watching the news and how the West is dealing with the middle east? Or even the fact that there are more christians than muslims in Nigeria and in the whole world?
These are signs of the end time, we have been told in the hadith that towards the end of the world, Muslims would decrease in number and find it harder to practice their religion. There will even come a time when Islam will be nothing but a distant memory in old men's minds. (hadith)
MacDaddy01:
Your religion was born out of Christianity and Judaism.
No. Christianity and Judaism came before Islam but Islam was not born out of them. It is the final/superior religion for the whole of mankind to follow.
MacDaddy01:
Anyway, there is hope for you since you can at least admit that religion is based on faith.
Lmao. Hope for me to do what?
Re: Thanks To Islam, My Culture Is Haraam.!!!!! by MacDaddy01: 5:17pm On Aug 06, 2012
fellis:
Ndo. Sorry about your heartbreak but why do you think there was a time that I "liked" you?
I can't marry a non-Muslim. The risk of my converting is always there.
Besides, in a marriage where the man has different beliefs from the woman, he would most likely want the children from that union to adopt his beliefs rather than that of his wife's. That is something else to consider.

What!!?? You never liked me from the start? double heartbroken cry cry

My aunt was the one that used to drive the family to church, not my uncle. Women can run the home.

Furthermore, let's assume that we were married (Yes, Haraam, I know wink) why would I need to stop our children from going to the mosque with you or praying with you? All I need to do is debunk the children when they start asking me questions.

There will be a conversation;

Logicboy Jnr; daddy, why dont you go to mosque?

Logicboy; Does God live in the mosque?

Logicboy Jnr; No, daddy, God is everywhere

Logicboy; then, there is no need to go to a mosque or prayer room

Then there will be other scenarios with pork and the existence of God.

fellis:
These are signs of the end time, we have been told in the hadith that towards the end of the world, Muslims would decrease in number and find it harder to practice their religion. There will even come a time when Islam will be nothing but a distant memory in old men's minds. (hadith)

lol.....end times.....this is what muslims and christians have been saying for over a 1000 years. When the muslims were conquered, it as the end of the world, when Isreal was bombing palestine, end of the world. Just stop this conspiracy abeg.

Even modern day christians and muslims dont buy into this end of the world conspiracy anymore

fellis:
No. Christianity and Judaism came before Islam but Islam was not born out of them. It is the final/superior religion for the whole of mankind to follow.

And why is Jesus in the Koran?

fellis:
Lmao. Hope for me to do what?

-To accept secularism
-To be a skeptic
-To be my wife friend grin

1 Like

Re: Thanks To Islam, My Culture Is Haraam.!!!!! by Nobody: 5:53pm On Aug 06, 2012
MacDaddy01:
My aunt was the one that used to drive the family to church, not my uncle. Women can run the home.
Yes they can but it rarely happens in Africa where men want to have the final say in what goes on at home.
MacDaddy01:
Logicboy Jnr; daddy, why dont you go to mosque?

Logicboy; Does God live in the mosque?

Logicboy Jnr; No, daddy, God is everywhere

Logicboy; then, there is no need to go to a mosque or prayer room

Then there will be other scenarios with pork and the existence of God.
Funny conversation, but in Islam, we don't believe that God is everywhere. He is above His throne. It is His knowledge that we believe to be everywhere.
Also, even if His knowledge is everywhere you still have to go to the Mosque because you have been commanded to do so.

MacDaddy01:

lol.....end times.....this is what muslims and christians have been saying for over a 1000 years. When the muslims were conquered, it as the end of the world, when Isreal was bombing palestine, end of the world. Just stop this conspiracy abeg.
It is not a conspiracy. The signs that were mentioned keep increasing as the years go by.
MacDaddy01:
And why is Jesus in the Koran?
Jesus was one of the prophets of Allah but he was sent to the Jews, not to the whole of mankind unlike prophet Muhammed [SAW]. He was worthy of mention in the Qur'an ; his being there does not mean Muslims are copying Christians. Other prophets were also mentioned that are not in the Bible or related to Christianity or Judaism.

MacDaddy01:
-To accept secularism
-To be a skeptic
-To be my wife friend grin
- I can't be secular or skeptic because in Islam, you have to accept the Religion wholly as it was given. You don't accept some parts and leave others out. You would not be regarded as a true Muslim then.
- We are already friends.
Re: Thanks To Islam, My Culture Is Haraam.!!!!! by MacDaddy01: 6:08pm On Aug 06, 2012
fellis:
Yes they can but it rarely happens in Africa where men want to have the final say in what goes on at home.

Funny conversation, but in Islam, we don't believe that God is everywhere. He is above His throne. It is His knowledge that we believe to be everywhere.
Also, even if His knowledge is everywhere you still have to go to the Mosque because you have been commanded to do so.

It is not a conspiracy. The signs that were mentioned keep increasing as the years go by.

Jesus was one of the prophets of Allah but he was sent to the Jews, not to the whole of mankind unlike prophet Muhammed [SAW]. He was worthy of mention in the Qur'an ; his being there does not mean Muslims are copying Christians. Other prophets were also mentioned that are not in the Bible or related to Christianity or Judaism.

- I can't be secular or skeptic because in Islam, you have to accept the Religion wholly as it was given. You don't accept some parts and leave others out. You would not be regarded as a true Muslim then.
- We are already friends.

Okay,but what if you fall in love with an atheist? What happens then?

Funny how people think that they know the future. Look at how you enjoy discussions with me. There are many young atheists like me. Especially in the West.
Re: Thanks To Islam, My Culture Is Haraam.!!!!! by Nobody: 6:21pm On Aug 06, 2012
MacDaddy01:
Okay,but what if you fall in love with an atheist? What happens then?
Funny how people think that they know the future. Look at how you enjoy discussions with me. There are many young atheists like me. Especially in the West.
I'd have to fall out of love again because there would be no future for us.
But it is better to avoid a situation like that altogether. Better to avoid falling in love with someone you have no future with, which is what I do.
Re: Thanks To Islam, My Culture Is Haraam.!!!!! by MacDaddy01: 6:42pm On Aug 06, 2012
fellis:
I'd have to fall out of love again because there would be no future for us.
But it is better to avoid a situation like that altogether. Better to avoid falling in love with someone you have no future with, which is what I do.

Easier said than done

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ten Easy Tips To A Happy Eid! / 'Islam For Muslims' Library / Does Undertaking Covid-19 Test Whilst Fasting Affect The Validity Of The Fast?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.