Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,985 members, 7,966,665 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 07:21 PM

Olympics Weight Lifting: Maryam Usman Is Out - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Olympics Weight Lifting: Maryam Usman Is Out (7213 Views)

Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination / Nigeria Vs Argentina: Olympics Basketball (79 - 93) On 4th August 2012 / Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olympics Weight Lifting: Maryam Usman Is Out by Simplepton: 8:54pm On Aug 05, 2012
Seriously, can any good thing come out of Nigeria?

Yes, of course. I guess those teams that perform well are supported by their governments.
I respect team Nigeria. If we know what goes on in some other countries in terms of support
for their teams, we will know that it takes a lot of sacrifice to represent Nigeria outside,
especially where government officials will not benefit directly.
Re: Olympics Weight Lifting: Maryam Usman Is Out by emekson(m): 8:58pm On Aug 05, 2012
alaoeri: At last 9ja on medal's table, nice1.
are drunk on sumtin?
Re: Olympics Weight Lifting: Maryam Usman Is Out by Nobody: 9:03pm On Aug 05, 2012
Acidosis:

lmao. . Very crazy display.

One more thing. . . Your name? I just love it. Pls whats the meaning?
that's my late son's name CHIZUBEREM(berem) meaning God thinks for me.
Re: Olympics Weight Lifting: Maryam Usman Is Out by Acidosis(m): 9:26pm On Aug 05, 2012
berem: that's my late son's name CHIZUBEREM(berem) meaning God thinks for me.

first of all I have to tell you how deeply sorry I am for the loss (there is a reason for everything). . .I love that name and I believe in that interpretaion
Re: Olympics Weight Lifting: Maryam Usman Is Out by lookmangiw(m): 9:45pm On Aug 05, 2012
Not sure this guys are going to come back with anything. All 100meters guys are also out. Infact, i dont know where the gold is going to come from.
Re: Olympics Weight Lifting: Maryam Usman Is Out by gigz31: 10:15pm On Aug 05, 2012
bright007: if only they have corruption and bombing as games in d olympics,we would have gold medals by now
young lady are you alright....you have been saying this for like a week now....find something to do with your GOD given time...wait sef what are you good at?...the answer is not far fetched saying rubbish i guess.
Re: Olympics Weight Lifting: Maryam Usman Is Out by clemmonce(m): 10:23pm On Aug 05, 2012
nitrogen: Seriously, can any good thing come out of Nigeria?
Just asking though, dont crucify me o.
SO MANY GOOD THING. EXAMPLES OF GOOD THINGS THAT HAV COME OUT NAIJA. KANU.FELA.CHINUA ACHEBE.WOLE SOYINKA. CLEMMONCE AND SO ON.

1 Like

Re: Olympics Weight Lifting: Maryam Usman Is Out by Simplepton: 10:46pm On Aug 05, 2012
SO MANY GOOD THING. EXAMPLES OF GOOD THINGS THAT HAV COME OUT NAIJA. KANU.FELA.CHINUA ACHEBE.WOLE SOYINKA. CLEMMONCE AND SO ON.

You are right on the ball.
Re: Olympics Weight Lifting: Maryam Usman Is Out by fulanigirl(f): 10:47pm On Aug 05, 2012
This girl could have won bronze but her GENIUS coaches decided she should do more than she is capable of and ended up with nothing. I mean she had bronze in the bag but they wrecked it for her with their unrealistic goals!! Just so disappointed.

1 Like

Re: Olympics Weight Lifting: Maryam Usman Is Out by bluejeff(m): 11:30pm On Aug 05, 2012
berem: Am sure the lady did not drink lots of peak milk if not she for carry the thing with one hand.
It seems cowbell milk is now what they drink, since they are now the official milk, probably we wldn't be having any medal then.
Re: Olympics Weight Lifting: Maryam Usman Is Out by burningspear(m): 11:32pm On Aug 05, 2012
nitrogen: Seriously, can any good thing come out of Nigeria?
Just asking though, dont crucify me o.

Just because Maryam didn't win a medal? Your comment made no sense! Not in any way!!
My country shall come out of this trial time. And my people shall hoist the flag of triumph, matching enmasse unto the victory square!!!
Those who have hope and those who have earnestly waited shall behold this time, soon!
Re: Olympics Weight Lifting: Maryam Usman Is Out by Nobody: 4:29am On Aug 06, 2012
why is she looking as if there is a joystick in her?
Re: Olympics Weight Lifting: Maryam Usman Is Out by kobikwelu(m): 5:14am On Aug 06, 2012
This girl could have won bronze but her GENIUS coaches decided she should do more than she is capable of and ended up with nothing. I mean she had bronze in the bag but they wrecked it for her with their unrealistic goals!! Just so disappointed.

oga technical adviser, tell us how the coaches ruined her chances if you have bronze in the bag, how can you then end up with nothing Do you even know how these competition works?? she could not lift her next weights....chikena!!
Please be sure of what you are mouthing out...dont come here and display your ignorance....
Re: Olympics Weight Lifting: Maryam Usman Is Out by CLIQBOY(m): 6:29am On Aug 06, 2012
nijanigga: Why is it that Nigerians don't compete in the long distance races? even bahrain,quatar,jordan,algeria have athletes in these categories at the london olympics.
go ask jonathan nah..
Re: Olympics Weight Lifting: Maryam Usman Is Out by auwal87(m): 6:59am On Aug 06, 2012
Ebeau: Is she hausa? or a south-western Muslim.

#only curious

She is Hausa Muslim from Kaduna.

Her profile here http://www.london2012.com/athlete/usman-maryam-1056456/
Re: Olympics Weight Lifting: Maryam Usman Is Out by Gbengaaki: 7:03am On Aug 06, 2012
Batam: Go back to the drawing boards as usual.
Drawing board don finish o o o cos na so so go bak to the drawin board
Re: Olympics Weight Lifting: Maryam Usman Is Out by bright007(f): 7:41am On Aug 06, 2012
gigz31: young lady are you alright....you have been saying this for like a week now....find something to do with your GOD given time...wait sef what are you good at?...the answer is not far fetched saying rubbish i guess.
and u have d time to read and reply rubbish abi?that makes u inferior to me.
Re: Olympics Weight Lifting: Maryam Usman Is Out by member479760: 8:41am On Aug 06, 2012
Congrat for making her way to that place! the born disable on NL will continue making noise as usual.
Re: Olympics Weight Lifting: Maryam Usman Is Out by fulanigirl(f): 10:32am On Aug 06, 2012
kobikwelu:

oga technical adviser, tell us how the coaches ruined her chances if you have bronze in the bag, how can you then end up with nothing Do you even know how these competition works?? she could not lift her next weights....chikena!!
Please be sure of what you are mouthing out...dont come here and display your ignorance....

I happened yo be there fir your information!!!
Her total from the clean and jerk was the third best, and if she started at a suitable weight she would've gotten something and adding it to her total, instead of 0kg!! So don't assume I know nothing.
Re: Olympics Weight Lifting: Maryam Usman Is Out by Balyz: 1:58am On Aug 07, 2012
bright007: if only they have corruption and bombing as games in d olympics,we would have gold medals by now
You are stupid
Re: Olympics Weight Lifting: Maryam Usman Is Out by Ogininafio1(m): 1:44pm On Aug 08, 2012
Too many fights on dis thread, shaygay
Re: Olympics Weight Lifting: Maryam Usman Is Out by nitrogen(m): 3:22pm On Aug 08, 2012
burning_spear:

Just because Maryam didn't win a medal? Your comment made no sense! Not in any way!!
My country shall come out of this trial time. And my people shall hoist the flag of triumph, matching enmasse unto the victory square!!!
Those who have hope and those who have earnestly waited shall behold this time, soon!
Soon, abi? Dont just forget that we have been in this since. God bless Nigeria.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Get Ur Updated Football Transfer News And Rumours Here!!! / Another Nigerian Footballer Dies On The Pitch ‎ / Nigeria Won 700 Medals Under My Reign – Dalung

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.