Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,978 members, 7,903,128 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 04:25 AM

Does Love And Money Work Hand In Hand? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does Love And Money Work Hand In Hand? (7053 Views)

Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? / Does Love Realy Fades Away? / Why Does Love Hurt So Bad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Love And Money Work Hand In Hand? by mascott(m): 7:47pm On Dec 18, 2007
What is the world turning into? How come almost everyone concurs to the NO MONEY NO ROMANCE notion?
Re: Does Love And Money Work Hand In Hand? by oziomatv(m): 8:16pm On Dec 18, 2007
Beacause it's the answer to today's love, no money no love.
if you doubt wear dirty clothes and talk to a girl you've never met before in lagos.
she go tell you sey she no be your class.
Re: Does Love And Money Work Hand In Hand? by Kissmyass1(m): 8:41pm On Dec 18, 2007
nooooooooo love and money don't work hand in hand. they are two different paths.
Re: Does Love And Money Work Hand In Hand? by OMUWUNMI: 8:51pm On Dec 18, 2007
no they work hand in waist.
Re: Does Love And Money Work Hand In Hand? by neeyeeo(m): 5:30am On Dec 19, 2007
Proverbs 18:22
Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the LORD.
Some men are actually suppossed to find a wife before getting rich, so the irony is now, if all girls are concentrating on the money before the man(prospect in a man)how would they ever find the right man and how would also the man ever get rich (find favour)?? Lets all think about this one especially the Ladies!
Re: Does Love And Money Work Hand In Hand? by denony(m): 9:29am On Dec 19, 2007
Money is money, Love is love.

If love comes first, then with money it will flourish.

Love plays a deep role, money can't buy a true love.
Love is natural while money is physical.
Re: Does Love And Money Work Hand In Hand? by Johnchelse(m): 9:56am On Dec 19, 2007
denony:

Money is money, Love is love.

If love comes first, then with money it will flourish.

Love plays a deep role, money can't buy a true love.
Love is natural while money is physical.

I agree with u totally

neeyeeo:

Proverbs 18:22
Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the LORD.
Some men are actually suppossed to find a wife before getting rich, so the irony is now, if all girls are concentrating on the money before the man(prospect in a man)how would they ever find the right man and how would also the man ever get rich (find favour)?? Lets all think about this one especially the Ladies!
It's a nice reply. But, try to understand the central focus which is the main question.

OMUWUNMI:

We are not here to abuse one another, but, to put across the best that can aid human understanding, through cordial expression.

Kissmyass!:

nooooooooo love and money don't work hand in hand. they are two different paths.
Uhn!
You might be right to some extent. A man without money is a man without authority.
Virtually most people are ignorant of the meaning of the adjectival phrase "responsible man".
Without money, love can only work to some easily tracing part in the life of the present generation.
I strongly believe beyond a reasonable doubt that money and love are different things, but, they work hand in hand.
Re: Does Love And Money Work Hand In Hand? by TerrySoft(m): 1:07pm On Dec 19, 2007
Yes!
Re: Does Love And Money Work Hand In Hand? by tikiGal(f): 1:14pm On Dec 19, 2007
dear pips,
love without money no be joke oh! trust me alot of things "mite" not go well, it takes deeper level of understanding and endurance to stay in love without money!
@poster, pele hang in there if u cant abeg cut out! besides ,go get a job! grin
Re: Does Love And Money Work Hand In Hand? by almondjoy(f): 2:59pm On Dec 19, 2007
Before nko? Na my own money the hungry yahoo dude wan chop? shocked

God forbid bad thing oh! angry
Re: Does Love And Money Work Hand In Hand? by tflow: 2:46pm On Dec 20, 2007
tell her to go to hell. pls call her a bitch
Re: Does Love And Money Work Hand In Hand? by tomX1(m): 3:43pm On Dec 20, 2007
Sure dude. Work and make your money and let the babes flock to you. When they do, put her on queue with all the rest and select your best.
Afterall since all they want is money then you should concentrate on getting the best your money can buy when you make it.
Re: Does Love And Money Work Hand In Hand? by Finecat(m): 3:58pm On Dec 20, 2007
@Poster

Hell Yesss !!
Re: Does Love And Money Work Hand In Hand? by TARLOY(m): 10:33am On Dec 21, 2007
guy look 4 money.
forget about love.
money gives u love.
even true love.
get money first.
.tarloy.
Re: Does Love And Money Work Hand In Hand? by niceuzor: 10:38am On Dec 21, 2007
Simple Y.E.S smiley
Re: Does Love And Money Work Hand In Hand? by wealthyman(m): 10:59am On Dec 21, 2007
emphatically yes,as humans ur gift will always make a way for u.u cant have gifts without money,dont let any one fool u,no body can be really happy without riches,love will definately get stronger if wealth is its bed
Re: Does Love And Money Work Hand In Hand? by OMUWUNMI: 3:43pm On Dec 21, 2007
Johnchelse:

I agree with u totally
It's a nice reply. But, try to understand the central focus which is the main question.
[b]We are not here to abuse one another, but, to put across the best that can aid human understanding, through cordial expression.[/b]Uhn!
You might be right to some extent. A man without money is a man without authority.
Virtually most people are ignorant of the meaning of the adjectival phrase "responsible man".
Without money, love can only work to some easily tracing part in the life of the present generation.
I strongly believe beyond a reasonable doubt that money and love are different things, but, they work hand in hand.

says who?who made you a judge on nairaland,man mi if you are not down with people comments you beta read and move,abi you think say this place na your village school or church. cool
Re: Does Love And Money Work Hand In Hand? by 2old4that(m): 4:11pm On Dec 21, 2007
hm. . . undecided
Re: Does Love And Money Work Hand In Hand? by efuah(f): 4:23pm On Dec 21, 2007
OMUWUNMI:

grin grin grin
Re: Does Love And Money Work Hand In Hand? by hilli666(m): 5:41pm On Dec 21, 2007
Money, Money, Owo…Ego….

It is a very poignant and almost heart drenching observation, to witness urbane women openly proclaiming their profound love for wealth under the guise of an unperturbed relationship. I however, am unsighted to such a correlation e.g. man with more money = less stress! Money is like a narcotic; it serves only as a palliative but not a solution and as such, offers no elucidation to an already deteriorating relationship (it’s like putting makeup on a repulsive woman,  or like the old axiom states, “a decorated monkey is still a monkey”)
How fervent some women have become; accepting a submissive and indolent domestic role in exchange for wealth. This practice is fast becoming the norm in Nigeria and should be curbed at the root before it is too late!
On the other hand, a relationship built on “true love” that which is felt from deep within and is experienced equally between both persons, would always blossom despite any vicissitudes that may arise. In such a case, money or the lack there of,  Would never be a factor. In the event that such pecuniary troubles occur, both persons due to a true understanding of each other would learn to support and guide each other through the difficult times.  A sumptuous lifestyle never assured a long lasting or healthy relationship; instead, it is a justification for a pitiable one. So please, my fellow readers and poster on Naira land, let us be meticulous and patient in finding that true partner that would love you in good and bad times. True love in itself is a virtue that is seldom stumbled upon but on which there is no counterfeit, so when you find it appreciate and treasure it, respect and be humbled by it. For all those women out there chasing dreams, please ground yourself…reality is harsh but sadly enough it is the realm we live in. To deprive yourself from reality by dwelling in unnecessary fantasies is to deprive yourself from the necessary tools needed to survive in reality thus making you venerable and subject to many emotional aches.
Re: Does Love And Money Work Hand In Hand? by efuah(f): 6:11pm On Dec 21, 2007
A very goooooood points from hilli666 but. . . .
we're only yarning here, a real woman in love (true love i mean) will look over wealth. Mostly when a woman loves a guy purely or madly u may call it, she turns blind eye over all the guys shortcoming. . including poverty (lack of money) and sometimes in turn takes care of the guy.  I pray u as well ask yourself why there r a lot thread on here concerning guys acvertising for "suger mummies". . . what's their main aim to be taken proper care of ofcourse!

If u're lucky enough for a woman to tell u she likes money or need money to make her happy/love u. . .then call yaself the "blessed one", bcus with that, u can make a decision whether to stay wt her or not.  But if she does nt tell u so and pretends as if she love u but inwardly it's money she wants, then u'll be killed slowly lipsrsealed

It's good to call a spade the spade! This is not happening only in Nigeria, it's happening everywhere. . . signs of the world coming to an end i guessundecided  Look at our compuses, u need money to survive, handouts, fashion, good hostel etc.  even whn u have a good GDP through hard learning/studying, a lecturer wants to sleep wt u before u're given your own deserving marks! (imagine that) In all, i think men are the author/architect of it all. No man wants to help a young needy woman freely in her education or basic need without getting into her pants angry ridiculous! In the first place, b4 he gets closer to u, he will start buying u expensive gifts, showering money on u n that will prolly make the lady "monyconscious babe"

We need to survive, obtain degrees to be also respected in the society, take it like my family is poor n i also need to go to school, what do i do. . . the only "rich neighbour" that is ready to help wants to sleep wt me. Meanwhile, u men/young guys of today wants to marry or date big ladies (High class women/ career woman) and so on. Happening somwhere on another thread is a guy who is in love wt an illiterate, most of the guys on here are advising him to date an educated woman. . imagine that!

I thank God i had a family to take care of me and am not such type tongue But bare in mind that not all ladies r like YOU (men) think!

my piece! kiss
Re: Does Love And Money Work Hand In Hand? by Kajiang02(m): 8:31pm On Dec 21, 2007
surely does on most parts
although there r exceptions
Re: Does Love And Money Work Hand In Hand? by hilli666(m): 8:37pm On Dec 21, 2007
Yes our men have failed abysmally, but then again it comes down to the chicken and egg argument. Which comes first? the Chicken or the Egg? Is the adoption of such unscrupulous behavior a result of mans insatiable appetite for lust? Or is it the result of woman’s unending quest of seduction to attain material gratification?  Maybe it is a copulation of both factors; the point still remains the same. Women today have been taught that seduction is the surest way to get anything from a man! The integration of such teachings by society or culture, into the woman’s development, is one of the greatest failures known to man. As a result, woman spends an inordinate amount of time worried about her physical appearance…basically are they hot enough to attract a partner. No woman can deny that this question looms over her on a daily basis. The resulting factor of such primitive thinking can be witnessed in our modern day fashion… The fewer clothes you wear the better or “the tighter the better” this is designed to play on mans heightened sexual appetite (woman’s seduction). In retrospect let us now consider the man. He… like wise has learned that in order to get a woman he must be financially stable. Now let me state clearly before I proceed any further… what I am about to say, is in no way defending any act of infidelity or promiscuity but just a simple theory. Sadly enough man of today is lustful, and many scientists would argue that it is in our genetic nature to fantasize with the idea of procreating with any member of the opposite sex that we deem appealing. Sometimes these fantasies are materialized into reality and the result can be devastating to person involved in a relationship, usually the woman!  Inherent in woman is the same genetic make up; the difference is women have more control, and therein lays the power women have over men! Since man lacks this ability he is more susceptible to such acts or promiscuity than women. Now surely no woman would go out with such a man!!! Knowing fully well that her heart stands a high chance of getting broken right? This is where money comes in. This is the point I am trying to make. A rich man can get away with infidelity, and still have an abundance of mistresses why? Because woman have been taught that it is mans duty to provide while she stays at home to raise the family. Hence she has been raised to be expectant off men and as such psychologically is attracted to men that are financially stable, because she has been taught to aspire to that, even though they might be seriously detrimental and emotionally dangerous for her. cry
Re: Does Love And Money Work Hand In Hand? by efuah(f): 9:00am On Dec 22, 2007
hilli666. . . grin lol, y the tears na grin
Re: Does Love And Money Work Hand In Hand? by degubi(m): 12:13pm On Dec 22, 2007
Does Love and Money work hand in hand? Well it calls for balance. Money should not be the pillar upon which all relationships should be based,where it becomes the centre, the absence of it creates tension. But money is needed to spice up the relationship and meet some of the basic every day needs, i would love to take my dearest to places of leisure, attend once in a lifetime events, buy her gifts that speaks volume of my love, and if we are married i would love to0 be able to provide the suitable comfort my family needs. This is the small role money plays in every relationship.

The part i do not subscribe to is the part of greed, a few girls would want to live a large life, drive porsh cars and live in fanciful houses because their girlfriend was fortunate enough to marry a business mogul, forgetting that the grass always looks greener on the other side which in most cases is not so. A lady is not willing to work and support herself but is looking for a guy who would meet her endless vanities even if the guy treats her like thrash. Contentment is something we all have to learn, a guy may not have a large bank account, but look out for other signs like hardwork, determination to suceed, Godliness and the desire to be supportive and provide for his family. A lady seeing this trait should then commit herself to supporting him in any way she can.
Re: Does Love And Money Work Hand In Hand? by hilli666(m): 4:51pm On Dec 22, 2007
efuah:

hilli666. . . grin lol, y the tears na grin

Na wa oh, My sista i don tire for d thing sef!
No money No love. So na only rich people dem fit love? d res of dem wey no to get money wetin dem go do na? make dem go line up for Agege dey wait madam booka. wink
Re: Does Love And Money Work Hand In Hand? by deluv(m): 4:58pm On Dec 22, 2007
O Yes! Love and Money work Hand in Hand, it is rear to see a girl who love's one with money, any one who have a girl who does not need or ask 4 Money instead gives the guy money . but most importantly Lots of LOVE ,CARE and TENDER. Dont let her GO!
Re: Does Love And Money Work Hand In Hand? by ifyalways(f): 5:05pm On Dec 22, 2007
money is not the basics of a relationship.
love comes first without money.
money is just a spice.
it makes the ride easy,sweeter and tongue
Re: Does Love And Money Work Hand In Hand? by angelchi(f): 6:27pm On Dec 24, 2007
money is very important bt, no go rub bank o.
Re: Does Love And Money Work Hand In Hand? by hubgirl(f): 8:21pm On Dec 24, 2007
u still dey ask question? beta go hussle now!; so u go keep ur babe. tongue
Re: Does Love And Money Work Hand In Hand? by jenivert(f): 1:51am On Dec 25, 2007
skysunny, i feel for you bro. please find something doin'. NO MONEY NO HONEY. NO ROMANCE WITHOUT FINANCE. IF U WANT TO B WITH ME, U NEED A J-O-B makin' $$$. That was my motto as a single female. I am sorry.
Re: Does Love And Money Work Hand In Hand? by jenivert(f): 1:55am On Dec 25, 2007
I don't know why you are so shocked. A Woman needs a man to be able to provide for her. What is the essence of life if a man can't take care of his family? If there is no money coming in or so little coming in, how can the marriage work anyway? I can't think about much when my family is lacking. Please tell me if I am wrong.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kenyan Minister Ties The Knot With Nigerian / Church Girls!... Is It That Bad? / Sex Wit Condoms Or Without Condoms Which Is More Enjoyable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.