Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,255 members, 7,928,841 topics. Date: Thursday, 22 August 2024 at 11:20 PM

Which Of These Did You Do As A Child? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Which Of These Did You Do As A Child? (12704 Views)

Oya, come & confess- which of these did you do as a child? / You're Not A Nigerian If You Didn't Do These Things As A Child / Which Of These Did You Do As A Child? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Of These Did You Do As A Child? by favvyE(f): 10:21am On Aug 15, 2012
most of them if not all...
Re: Which Of These Did You Do As A Child? by DD01(f): 10:22am On Aug 15, 2012
Ujujoan:

All of the above . . .
Plus
- wear my clothes backwards (it's like wearing a new cloth cheesy )
- use a straw to blow air into a bottle of coke (apparently if releases all the gas)
- Crust the biscuits in the pack and then 'lick' it in powder form!
- Hide my biscuits and then bring them out when everybody has fished their own! cheesy
- Pretend to be asleep when I'm actually using one eye to watch the TV!
yes i do hide my snacks and wait 4 my younger ones to finish. Bath outside, run around with my pant alon,
Re: Which Of These Did You Do As A Child? by S2kluv: 10:23am On Aug 15, 2012
I did all of d above mention nt only d topic
Re: Which Of These Did You Do As A Child? by Nobody: 10:29am On Aug 15, 2012
I still do some of these things listed by OP.
Re: Which Of These Did You Do As A Child? by Nobody: 10:34am On Aug 15, 2012
edjuzion: - Dip the bread inside the tea usedto gross me out, even as a kid
- mix the entire white rice and stew before eating
- pour dry garri on your bean porridge
- share the meat and let the eldest pick
- suck out the marrow
- can't eat the meat until you finish the food
- put the morning tea in freezer to block
- bite the crown and put into the bottle of cook
- Use the meat to finish the remaining eba
- Put the medicine inside the roll of eba
- Licking the plate with your tongue after eating
- [s]after eating biscuit or bread you use your finger to remove the ones on your teeth and then lick it?[/s] as before used to gross me out

-

Okija_juju:

All except using meat to eat eba..

Also

1. Hide my share of anything that was given to us, wait for others to finish theirs and then slowly eat mine.
2. Build a 'saving-box' with wood.
3. Made knock-out with spark plugs.
4.[s] Always waited to clear my fathers plate after eating so that I can grab the last remaining piece of meat in it.[/s] E no dey leave anything for plate
5. Sneak out at night to watch NTA late night movie
6.[s] Walk around scavenging used straws and balloons at birthday parties.[/s]
7. Bath under the rain.
8. Washed my next day school uniform in the night and iron dry it in the morning.
9. [s]Played 'catcher' and always scrapped my knee.[/s]
10. [s]Made Totems from Tigerhead batteries and Bic Pen covers.
11. Knelt in the backseat of the car facing back and making faces at the following car behind.
12. Used my Chruch offering money to buy Ice Cream after church and eat so fast before my daddy came out and caught me.
13. Used to play this game in school were we put one sock inside the other and use it as a weapon during break.[/s]

CHECK
Re: Which Of These Did You Do As A Child? by honeric01(m): 10:35am On Aug 15, 2012
Making sure all my school shorts/trousers have inner pocket for runs money.
hiding under the table in school just to stare at panties.
playing hide and seek just to touch hehehe
mixing garri with sugar, then using straw to "smoke" the combo
cramming almost all the 90's lyrics.
mummy and daddy,nice one hehehe
steal my sibling's food in the darkness when NEPA strikes.
sharing my food into 2 just to eat the rest later when others must have finished theirs.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Did You Do As A Child? by Emusan(m): 10:39am On Aug 15, 2012
All guy...... Even put meat inside eba so dat ur friends no go see am grin

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Did You Do As A Child? by Dhelake: 10:39am On Aug 15, 2012
[quote author=]
- share the meat and let the eldest pick
- suck out the marrow
- can't eat the meat until you finish the food
- put the morning tea in freezer to block

- Use the meat to finish the remaining eba

- Licking the plate with your tongue after eating
- after eating biscuit or bread you use your finger to remove the ones on your teeth and then lick it?

- [/quote] i did all dis
Re: Which Of These Did You Do As A Child? by jbl007(m): 10:41am On Aug 15, 2012
canfrac: played mummy and daddy with our neighbors daughter...my favorite grin
grin grin grin
dat one na true talk ooo

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Did You Do As A Child? by Jibwillz: 10:41am On Aug 15, 2012
Diz z cwazzzzie! Una don mak me remembr badt tin.
Did almost all includin'

matchinq banana and groundnut in d same nylon wyl I eat.

Pourin d suqar in qarri nylon wyl I eat it dry.

qiv ma yunqr bro water in a big bowl n eat part of his food as he drinks cnviniently.

Set traps 4 birdz usin a metal bowl, stick n rope wiv grains as bait.

cheesy bleeped d gateman'z daughtr in a local pry skul toilet cheesy

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Did You Do As A Child? by akigbemaru: 10:42am On Aug 15, 2012
I have been through it all. Being there and done that!
Re: Which Of These Did You Do As A Child? by labanj(f): 10:48am On Aug 15, 2012
:-) All except the first. The thought of bread soaked in tea is enough to make me sick.
Re: Which Of These Did You Do As A Child? by djeezy(m): 10:49am On Aug 15, 2012
Ujujoan:

All of the above . . .
Plus
- use a straw to blow air into a bottle of coke (apparently if releases all the gas)
- Hide my biscuits and then bring them out when everybody has fished their own! cheesy
Lol, funny.
Re: Which Of These Did You Do As A Child? by jamil2(m): 10:52am On Aug 15, 2012
Okija_juju:

12. Used my Chruch offering money to buy Ice Cream after church and eat so fast before my daddy came out and caught me.
I don't suprise it's clear for me now the reason why you are supporting Corruption, Hmn only god knows the number of people you decieved including Pastors and parents too while at a kid level (teenager). Pls you have to run for forgiveness before it's too late!
Re: Which Of These Did You Do As A Child? by Okijajuju1(m): 10:53am On Aug 15, 2012
jamil!:
I don't suprise it's clear for me now the reason why you are supporting Corruption, Hmn only god knows the number of people you decieved including Pastors and parents too while at a kid level ( teenager). Pls you have to run for forgiveness before it's too late!

Thou shall Not bear false witness against Okija Juju
Re: Which Of These Did You Do As A Child? by realmscape: 10:55am On Aug 15, 2012
dip the bread inside the tea......I STILL DO THAT NOW AND MY WIFE COMPLAINS cool cool cool
Re: Which Of These Did You Do As A Child? by ziiidos(m): 10:59am On Aug 15, 2012
guilty to all of d above..wit evn sockin garri and singin 4 it to swel up!...

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Did You Do As A Child? by crackhouse(m): 11:01am On Aug 15, 2012
freecocoa: -I didn't pour garri on beans(mum will spank you silly)
-I don't remember sharing meat(unless I'm being kind by sharing mine with a sibling)
- No licking of plate as a kid(na now i dey do that one in the comfort of my roomcheesy)
-No medicine inside eba for my house(my dad used to threaten us with cane saying "since
you can fall ill,you should be able to take drugs"wink
-No pouring of tea inside freezer as a kid(mumsy will spank,i started doing that as a teenager even till now,i call it choco ice cream)

I remember going back to cream my body after i must have dressed up(our cream no dey last then,i was always shining) grin
then it's either u didn't grow up during the time OP was talking about or u grew up as mummy's kid.
Re: Which Of These Did You Do As A Child? by OBITHAMONARCH(m): 11:10am On Aug 15, 2012
[s][/s]lol did all n even morelol did all n even morelol did all n even more
Re: Which Of These Did You Do As A Child? by duni04(m): 11:19am On Aug 15, 2012
Just like asking if we all wore diapers as children? Pointless cos we all did all these things, except the medicine in eba tin. You're on ur own there.
Re: Which Of These Did You Do As A Child? by ehie007(m): 11:22am On Aug 15, 2012
poured groundnuts inside bottle of soft drink and sip and chew slowly...
Re: Which Of These Did You Do As A Child? by Nobody: 11:26am On Aug 15, 2012
crackhouse: then it's either u didn't grow up during the time OP was talking about or u grew up as mummy's kid.
u just spoke my mind. Its seems freecocoa na butty pikin..she no experience real childhood...it was fun. and its a shame to av missed such embarassed
Re: Which Of These Did You Do As A Child? by Biggyd2: 11:27am On Aug 15, 2012
Did many of them and more! LOL. grin grin grin Perfected the skill of hiding tablets under my tongue to be quickly spat into the toilet and flushed when me Ma was not looking. Caught me a couple of times though. Nice thread.
Re: Which Of These Did You Do As A Child? by murtalaa(m): 11:27am On Aug 15, 2012
Secretly fantasizing over my pretty school teacher:-D
Re: Which Of These Did You Do As A Child? by Nobody: 11:27am On Aug 15, 2012
I love nairalanders ,creative ideas ,bringing memory back. Though we can't see ourselves but we make life memorious and beautiful.

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Did You Do As A Child? by crackhouse(m): 11:36am On Aug 15, 2012
@OP, I did other things u mentioned except the third one and i also did mummy and daddy play thing where we used liquid milk & tomato tin to cook sand. I also flew kite and made cars with tomato tins. I use to ride tyres and motocycle wheels. I used to jump from an uncompleted one storey building to a heap of sand on the ground{na God dey protect me then}. I also ate while standing up believing that it will help the food to circulate round my body including my legs & hands. I chased lizards and also ran around the neighbourhood naked whenever there was a rainfall.

3 Likes

Re: Which Of These Did You Do As A Child? by Onims1(f): 11:39am On Aug 15, 2012
Ujujoan:

All of the above . . .
Plus
mehn.....cnt stop laffn....did all dat+lots more.
Re: Which Of These Did You Do As A Child? by megxo(m): 11:39am On Aug 15, 2012
FUNNY TINS .........STILL DIPPIN BREAD INTO TEA
Re: Which Of These Did You Do As A Child? by Onims1(f): 11:42am On Aug 15, 2012
labanj: :-) All except the first. The thought of bread soaked in tea is enough to make me sick.
den u'v misd! I stil do it...lol
Re: Which Of These Did You Do As A Child? by Onims1(f): 11:46am On Aug 15, 2012
ziiidos: guilty to all of d above..wit evn sockin garri and singin 4 it to swel up!...
O get e..soak n travel...rotflmfao
Re: Which Of These Did You Do As A Child? by Onims1(f): 11:49am On Aug 15, 2012
+tearing out all d currencies in my undestanding mathematics...but mehn,na serious beating o!
Re: Which Of These Did You Do As A Child? by harryem(m): 11:55am On Aug 15, 2012
i did all, includin d ones @okija_juju said n Ujujoan too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is Spanking A Child Good Or Bad? / The Struggle Of Wanting A Particular Child Gender / 300 Divorces, Widows Get Married At Mass Weddings Sponsored By Kebbi State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.