Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,969 members, 7,873,108 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:10 AM

Is Paying Rent In Lagos A Waste Of Money? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Is Paying Rent In Lagos A Waste Of Money? (1212 Views)

Is Tejuosho Market Yaba A Waste? / Please How Can I Deal With Tenants Who Are Not Paying Rent / STOP PAYING RENT. Buy A Land For Just 30k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Paying Rent In Lagos A Waste Of Money? by 2rutalk1: 7:05pm On Aug 06, 2012
This thought came to me today when I was doing my personal budget analysis.

I moved into a new apartment early this year in Lagos Mainland.

I paid for 2 years @ N350K per annum i.e N700K. Agency and agreement fee N120,000 i.e N820,0000.

After buying the furniture/fittings and electronics gadgets, the whole thing golfed N1.3M
Meanwhile, I work on the Island where I resume by 7am everyday. In order to beat the traffic jam I wake up at 4am on average daily basis and come back from the office between 9 and 10pm due to the nature of my job. I go to bed by 12am.

After calculating the number of hours I will spend in my house in a year i.e 4hrs x 365 days = 1460hrs appx. out of the normal 8760hrs appx in a year, which means I am loosing (8760hrs -1460hrs = 7300hrs) in a year, which is about 83% of the period. I have therefore come to a conclusion that this is economic waste.

Pardon me pls if I sound too economical because I am an Economist.

But, guys what do you think?
Re: Is Paying Rent In Lagos A Waste Of Money? by deb(m): 5:08am On Nov 18, 2012
I thought you were going to state an option?
Anyway, I have land for sale @ Isheri Osun side of Lagos for just N1m$

The land area expands to Okota, Amuwa Odofin and Festac. Depends on which area you choose and you can link Ijegun too on the other side here. Start thinking about your own house.

If you are interested call me: 08129601175 or 08060673641

(1) (Reply)

Cheap And Genuine Land In Ibadan From 450K Per ACRE In Good Locations / Plots Of Land@ Kingbuilder City,kaiyetoro Village,eleko,ibeju-lekki With Gazette / A Plot Of Land With An Uncompleted Building For Sale At Aba, Abia State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.