Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,200 members, 7,919,856 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 02:40 PM

God Punishes People With Bad Partners. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / God Punishes People With Bad Partners. (10004 Views)

Why Do Most People With Fine Voices Turn Out Ugly? / Dating Someone With Bad Teeth! / Why Do Good Girls Always Fall In Love With Bad Guys? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

God Punishes People With Bad Partners. by acidtalk: 7:27pm On Aug 06, 2012
We often hear people say "good girls marry bad guys and vice versa". We usually have the believe that players settle with the best of girls and bad babes also marry the best of men.

If all the above are true, then does it mean that to a very large extent the law of karma doesn't happy when it comes to issues of romance?

Why can one who is honest, chaste, God fearing and a strong spiritual person end up marrying an extremely opposite person?

Does it mean God punishes people with a bad partner?
Re: God Punishes People With Bad Partners. by Nobody: 7:44pm On Aug 06, 2012
We have the freewill to choose who we want to be with. You {in general terms} cannot blame God for decisions you make.

5 Likes

Re: God Punishes People With Bad Partners. by Sijo01(f): 7:46pm On Aug 06, 2012
Evidence of truth is writing all over your post.........but i totally disagree with your 'topic'

1 Like

Re: God Punishes People With Bad Partners. by acidtalk: 8:09pm On Aug 06, 2012
Or could we conclude that when God has destined the right partner for some peopl, they usually are too impatient for God's prescribed time in their live and as such hurriedly end up with the wrong partner.

I.E, God might have destined a woman to meet her Mr Right after she clocks 33years, but due to peer pressure and societal condemnation she hurries to settle down with just any type of man that comes her way so she can also belong to the "Mrs" club.

5 Likes

Re: God Punishes People With Bad Partners. by tobechi20(m): 8:16pm On Aug 06, 2012
Unlike poles attract.

If a all gud men marry all gud women, there is a high tendency dat d children wil be gooder(better).
Likewise, bad patners wil result to badder(worse) ofspring

hence the bad wil be badder and d gud wil be better. Is dis wat u want?
Re: God Punishes People With Bad Partners. by acidtalk: 8:22pm On Aug 06, 2012
Why should a lady who has been chaste, God fearing, humble and very well behaved eventually find herself ending up with a flirt, womanizer, drunk and probably a woman beater.
Re: God Punishes People With Bad Partners. by Beync(f): 8:24pm On Aug 06, 2012
God gives free will to choose a partner, he doesn't designate each one to anybody so that u don't blame him when your partner doesn't suit you. It's a choice we make. He only gave guidelines on how to Choose wisely.

1 Like

Re: God Punishes People With Bad Partners. by tpia5: 8:30pm On Aug 06, 2012
acidtalk: Why should a lady who has been chaste, God fearing, humble and very well behaved eventually find herself ending up with a flirt, womanizer, drunk and probably a woman beater.

not everything has an explanation, and sometimes we need to pray for the sins of our parents not to be visited on us.

like i always say, people have long memories.
Re: God Punishes People With Bad Partners. by Nobody: 8:42pm On Aug 06, 2012
D main thing in choosing a partner is COMPATIBILITY...
D past is gone.
Popsy always told me, deres nothing like 'any' lady 'meant' for 'me'.
If we're compatible, and i can be able to cope with her past... Den... Let's flow..
Bad/good doesn't matter.

1 Like

Re: God Punishes People With Bad Partners. by acidtalk: 9:02pm On Aug 06, 2012
tpia@:

not everything has an explanation, and sometimes we need to pray for the sins of our parents not to be visited on us.

like i always say, people have long memories.

True. See people's responses to what you said above

https://www.nairaland.com/965469/suffering-sins-parents
Re: God Punishes People With Bad Partners. by engrtee(f): 9:10pm On Aug 06, 2012
God ask prophet jeremiah to marry a harlot.

God intentionaly uses d gud to mix wit d bad so dat d gud can influence the bad ways and d bad can change to gud

1 Like

Re: God Punishes People With Bad Partners. by acidtalk: 9:23pm On Aug 06, 2012
engrtee: God ask prophet jeremiah to marry a harlot.

God intentionaly uses d gud to mix wit d bad so dat d gud can influence the bad ways and d bad can change to gud
Bad change the good? Could this be from God?
Re: God Punishes People With Bad Partners. by Onegai(f): 6:22am On Aug 07, 2012
engrtee: God ask prophet jeremiah to marry a harlot.

In that case, you must be definitely marrying an ashawo from VI. Praises be! You're not? Mschewww.

God doesn't punish you or doesn't make a good person marry a bad person. God told Jeremiah to marry a harlot because it was His plan, He didn't tell the other guys who have married harlots to do so. He does things according to His will, not because He's trying to "mix good and bad".
You can marry a good girl, very easy, especially if you're a player. You can't make a good girl happy in marriage (personal testimony here). If you like marry the Virgin Mary, but don't be as good as Joseph, yet expect the same outcome. You can scheme and manipulate to marry a rich guy, but there's no guarantee that you're what will satisfy him.
The test of a relationship isn't making it to the altar, it's what you do for the next 30 yrs after the altar.
Re: God Punishes People With Bad Partners. by Mynd44: 9:25am On Aug 07, 2012
acidtalk: Why should a lady who has been chaste, God fearing, humble and very well behaved eventually find herself ending up with a flirt, womanizer, drunk and probably a woman beater.
Because she was so desperate and blinded by love that she ignored the little things. God gives us choices and we because of our selfishness, mostly choose the bad things
Re: God Punishes People With Bad Partners. by bknight: 9:59am On Aug 07, 2012
Many meek ppl (perceived as 'good') many times feel d need to feel protected ,and/or in able hands with more far reaching exposure. They r rather drawn to d pulling attraction of these people who seem to have much experience and confidence.

This may apply more to d 'good girl' folks ending up wit bad boys. But for 'goodboys' marrying a girl far beyond his level of exposure? Dunno abt dat...ask him, and my friend calls it 'love'.
Re: God Punishes People With Bad Partners. by acidtalk: 10:03am On Aug 07, 2012
Mynd_44:
Because she was so desperate and blinded by love that she ignored the little things. God gives us choices and we because of our selfishness, mostly choose the bad things

Where have you been?

Or should we say she was naive?
Re: God Punishes People With Bad Partners. by Mynd44: 10:24am On Aug 07, 2012
acidtalk:

Where have you been?

Or should we say she was naive?
I have been here but not posting. Just chilling.
How hustle?
Re: God Punishes People With Bad Partners. by tpia5: 10:25am On Aug 07, 2012
Mynd_44:
I have been here but not posting.

why dont you stay out?

nobody noticed your absence, so you should have kept it that way.

makes for a better forum.
Re: God Punishes People With Bad Partners. by acidtalk: 11:11am On Aug 07, 2012
Mynd_44:
I have been here but not posting. Just chilling.
How hustle?

We thank God for His wonderful grace and Mercies.
Re: God Punishes People With Bad Partners. by acidtalk: 11:12am On Aug 07, 2012
tpia@:

why dont you stay out?

nobody noticed your absence, so you should have kept it that way.

makes for a better forum.

You dey follow am fight?
He sometimes could be a very good boy you know?
Re: God Punishes People With Bad Partners. by tpia1: 11:24am On Aug 07, 2012
^he's a useless nonentity who goes about picking fights due to his extremely low IQ.

just a rubbish poster.

i guess he collects a salary from seun!!!!!
Re: God Punishes People With Bad Partners. by greall1: 12:11pm On Aug 07, 2012
SEUN ABEG NEXT TOPIC
Re: God Punishes People With Bad Partners. by Chrisbenogor(m): 12:12pm On Aug 07, 2012

What is romantic about this topic? This should be moved to the religion section.
Re: God Punishes People With Bad Partners. by Nobody: 12:16pm On Aug 07, 2012
undecided
Re: God Punishes People With Bad Partners. by megxo(m): 12:16pm On Aug 07, 2012
according to T.I, "i'll luv 2 marry d baddest bitch from a decent home" wink
Re: God Punishes People With Bad Partners. by Nobody: 12:23pm On Aug 07, 2012
I searched the whole of Unilag, OAU and UI for a Virgin, couldn't come out with one..

Am still single and waiting for a Nigerian Virgin to come my way angry
Re: God Punishes People With Bad Partners. by tpia5: 12:26pm On Aug 07, 2012
in any case, @ topic

God does not make mistakes- people do.
Re: God Punishes People With Bad Partners. by Reaberry(f): 12:30pm On Aug 07, 2012
no 1 is bn punishd wif any1..God gav d power of freewill..d gud guys dat end up with d bad guys re eida in a hurry 2 get married/re jus 2 gud dat dey can detect 'bad' 4rm a distance
Re: God Punishes People With Bad Partners. by Chrisbenogor(m): 12:31pm On Aug 07, 2012
tpia@:
in any case, @ topic

God does not make mistakes- people do.
Errrrr what would you call creating EVE?

grin grin
Re: God Punishes People With Bad Partners. by megxo(m): 12:34pm On Aug 07, 2012
Ijogz K: I searched the whole of Unilag, OAU and UI for a Virgin, couldn't come out with one..

Am still single and waiting for a Nigerian Virgin to come my way angry
men,hope u're prepared 2 wait lyk "FOREVER" grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: God Punishes People With Bad Partners. by freecocoa(f): 12:35pm On Aug 07, 2012
Worreva undecided
Re: God Punishes People With Bad Partners. by 190: 12:36pm On Aug 07, 2012
angry angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hilarious Reply A Guy Got From A White Lady (photos) / Just Had A One Night Stand, Should I Feel Bad?:/ / I Found Love!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.