Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,121 members, 7,973,778 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 06:39 AM

Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? - Travel (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? (43271 Views)

Helping New Nigerians in Diaspora / Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? / Nigerians In Nigeria Versus Nigerians In Diaspora! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by ronkebp(f): 4:40pm On Aug 08, 2012
kokoye: This thread was created solely to bash people outside of Nigeria. I wonder why.

Is it a crime to choose to live elsewhere?

Some bash on you because you live outside of naija while you are here working hard to take care of your family both here and back home in Naija.

The funny thing is if you say you want to move back home, the same exact people will start beefing you..saying you shouldnt expect you can use your 'fake degree and phonetics' to get jobs when you return.

I wonder what we really want.

HATE for your fellow man.

No wonder it is difficult to grow and advance in life.

Cant we all just get along??

Yeah!!! difficult to advance in a country like Nigeria....too much hate.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by kokoye(m): 4:46pm On Aug 08, 2012
^^^

I dont care where you live. Your comments on this thread spew hate. People are giving their experiences and you claim they are lieing.

I am not here to trade words with you..simply an advice.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by dayokanu(m): 5:00pm On Aug 08, 2012
werepeLeri:

Advice from a person like u? U are a clown.

Why not leave me and them to tackle ourselves on the numerous lies they spew?

Ok. We people in diaspora are suffering, we are dying daily, we cant even feed ourselves, the money we are sending are stolen There are no jobs, No light, No good roads, no water, they are killing us

Can you please save us?
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by dayokanu(m): 5:03pm On Aug 08, 2012
werepeLeri:

Rubbish. Retardeen.

Wetin you want again

They said they are enjoying you say na lie.

They said they are suffering you say na lie

Dem say dey are dying you saying na lie.

OK We dont exist. No Nigerian exist in diaspora.

Are you ok now?
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by Kobojunkie: 6:17pm On Aug 08, 2012
kokoye: This thread was created solely to bash people outside of Nigeria. I wonder why.

Is it a crime to choose to live elsewhere?

Some bash on you because you live outside of naija while you are here working hard to take care of your family both here and back home in Naija.

The funny thing is if you say you want to move back home, the same exact people will start beefing you..saying you shouldnt expect you can use your 'fake degree and phonetics' to get jobs when you return.

I wonder what we really want.

HATE for your fellow man.

No wonder it is difficult to grow and advance in life.

Cant we all just get along??

Life is not a bed of roses anywhere. We have to try to work hard and with God our our side, there is hope.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Aug 08, 2012
dayokanu:

Wetin you want again

They said they are enjoying you say na lie.

They said they are suffering you say na lie

Dem say dey are dying you saying na lie.

OK We dont exist. No Nigerian exist in diaspora.

Are you ok now?

I have never been out of the country, except to Ghana, Benin Republic and Togo for a few weeks. But I have a lot of rich uncles that all say the same thing(They all work in Multinationals). And that's that no comfortable Nigerian earning a decent wage should relocate abroad. All these uncles of mine all travel like mad, have been to more than 25 countries and stayed in almost all continents for a short while during work. They all feel it's better to be in Nigeria even with all the NEGATIVES. I also have Uncles permanently residing abroad, some in Canada,Uk,US and Hong Kong. They are not better off than those that stayed in Nigeria. Infact my naija uncles are richer than those Abroad. Now, Don't get me wrong. This is an extremely personal situation and I'm not generalising for everybody or implying that all Nigerians should stay in Nigeria. I know most people don't work in Multinationals or earn a decent wage. As such, Abroad may be better. But it SEEMS to me that if you can survive Naija hustle, then there really is no place like home. They all say they are freer back in Nigeria, They have a sense of fulfilment and Nothing beats being successful in Your Own Nation. I seem to think they should know better and I'm leaning towards that line of thought too. I repeat this isn't meant to apply for everybody, I understand that there are different strokes for different folks, this is a personal situation. But Just my thoughts anyway.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by dayokanu(m): 6:22pm On Aug 08, 2012
deshclones:

Shut up dat gutter u call a mouth...naija's crime rate is a dot when compared to what happens abroad esp d u.s..d only unsafe place in naija is d north..we in d south run things wella..we roll anytime we deem fit..day or midnight...how on earth will anyone in his right state compare naija nd u.s in terms of crime?..so u r dis silly?..tot ur only problem was being a bigot..

Another example in Lagos. Now tell me what Ayotunde Aliu did wrong

https://www.nairaland.com/1011446/seen-ayotunde-aliu/1
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by Afam4eva(m): 6:24pm On Aug 08, 2012
dayokanu:

Another example in Lagos. Now tell me what Ayotunde Aliu did wrong

https://www.nairaland.com/1011446/seen-ayotunde-aliu/1
He was unlucky to be at the wrong place possibly at the wrong time. I know America has more security but it's sad when a 5 year old boy just kills his mother, father and siblings. Who does that? It's that kind of psychotic crimes that scares me about America.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by PhysicsQED(m): 7:24pm On Aug 08, 2012
Wow. Totally missed this thread.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by aribisala0(m): 7:59pm On Aug 08, 2012
Donxavier:

I have never been out of the country, except to Ghana, Benin Republic and Togo for a few weeks. But I have a lot of rich uncles that all say the same thing(They all work in Multinationals). And that's that no comfortable Nigerian earning a decent wage should relocate abroad. All these uncles of mine all travel like mad, have been to more than 25 countries and stayed in almost all continents for a short while during work. They all feel it's better to be in Nigeria even with all the NEGATIVES. I also have Uncles permanently residing abroad, some in Canada,Uk,US and Hong Kong. They are not better off than those that stayed in Nigeria. Infact my naija uncles are richer than those Abroad. Now, Don't get me wrong. This is an extremely personal situation and I'm not generalising for everybody or implying that all Nigerians should stay in Nigeria. I know most people don't work in Multinationals or earn a decent wage. As such, Abroad may be better. But it SEEMS to me that if you can survive Naija hustle, then there really is no place like home. They all say they are freer back in Nigeria, They have a sense of fulfilment and Nothing beats being successful in Your Own Nation. I seem to think they should know better and I'm leaning towards that line of thought too. I repeat this isn't meant to apply for everybody, I understand that there are different strokes for different folks, this is a personal situation. But Just my thoughts anyway.

Money or being rich is not everything.
Though that mentality is entrenched in Nigeria but the problem is the best are not rewarded. So quite often this "hustle" as you call it is just criminality and the general Nigerian mentality is warped.
"Hustle" means forging certificates,cheating in exams,fake yellow fever documents to such an extent that the average Nigerian sees such behaviour as normal and often wonders why everyone hates him when he goes abroad.Celebrating criminals like Ibori as "EXCELLENCY"

Sometimes you want the opportunity to grow and excel.Even for a footballer or other sportmen Nigeria is not the best environment even if you remove money. Are our sports developing? Not to talk about professions like medicine,engineering,IT etc there just aren't the opportunities to raise your game to the highest level.
i can say with confidence that a lot of the medicine practice in Naija is not much better than witchcraft. Remember Patrice Muamba? In Nigeria he would be toast
We used to have the best doctors and professors in the 70s and 80s but we treated them badly not different from Fashola and the doctors. When your brightest see that you deploy the machinery of state against them to destroy them because of conflict you score an own goal because they will leave and you are left with mediocrity. This recent conflict with doctors will cost Nigeria VERY dearly but who cares those with money will "JET OUT"

Achebe,Okri,Adichie and many others of our best writers have left why? It is not always money.When a state like Anambra would honour the likes of Uba above Achebe you know something is wrong.I know so many of my mates in Nigeria who spend on most days what I spend in the UK in a month, no kidding, but I still believe I have a better quality of life generally and yes it is a fact,people die younger in Nigeria.

Yes you want to be in your own country but the truth is Nigeria is not yet a country.It is still making up its mind what it wants to be and that is the difference from even small countries like Jamaica,their identity is settled.Look at all the hate on this site and elsewhere.What is inevitable is before our nationhood is settled we shall still fight at least one very bloody war and not everyone wants to be a part of that.
If you have kid with disability in Nigeria eg how do you educate them I know one writer(i forget his name) left to America for that reason.
Why is it that till tomorrow even the most basic engineering work in Nigeria is done by white men ? Maintaing bridges,national asembly,power plants etc and they will never transfer the skills.
All these so-called successful Nigerians in Multinationals might make money but they are not acquiring skills from Oyinbo to the extent that the cooks on FPSOs are white why? Those that would talk are kicked out and replaced by "hustlers" ,not all but mostly, whose idea of doing well is money even if they sell their children's future

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Aug 08, 2012
Donxavier:

Ask your uncles (if they're real) if they've met all Nigerians to come to such assumption.

PS: What do they define as "decent" wages?

What's the average wages of Nigerians in Nigeria compared to Nigerians in diaspora?
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Aug 08, 2012
aribisala0:

Money or being rich is not everything.
Though that mentality is entrenched in Nigeria but the problem is the best are not rewarded. So quite often this "hustle" as you call it is just criminality and the general Nigerian mentality is warped.
"Hustle" means forging certificates,cheating in exams,fake yellow fever documents to such an extent that the average Nigerian sees such behaviour as normal and often wonders why everyone hates him when he goes abroad.Celebrating criminals like Ibori as "EXCELLENCY"

Sometimes you want the opportunity to grow and excel.Even for a footballer or other sportmen Nigeria is not the best environment even if you remove money. Are our sports developing? Not to talk about professions like medicine,engineering,IT etc there just aren't the opportunities to raise your game to the highest level.
i can say with confidence that a lot of the medicine practice in Naija is not much better than witchcraft. Remember Patrice Muamba? In Nigeria he would be toast
We used to have the best doctors and professors in the 70s and 80s but we treated them badly not different from Fashola and the doctors. When your brightest see that you deploy the machinery of state against them to destroy them because of conflict you score an own goal because they will leave and you are left with mediocrity. This recent conflict with doctors will cost Nigeria VERY dearly but who cares those with money will "JET OUT"

Achebe,Okri,Adichie and many others of our best writers have left why? It is not always money.When a state like Anambra would honour the likes of Uba above Achebe you know something is wrong.I know so many of my mates in Nigeria who spend on most days what I spend in the UK in a month, no kidding, but I still believe I have a better quality of life generally and yes it is a fact,people die younger in Nigeria.

Yes you want to be in your own country but the truth is Nigeria is not yet a country.It is still making up its mind what it wants to be and that is the difference from even small countries like Jamaica,their identity is settled.Look at all the hate on this site and elsewhere.What is inevitable is before our nationhood is settled we shall still fight at least one very bloody war and not everyone wants to be a part of that.
If you have kid with disability in Nigeria eg how do you educate them I know one writer(i forget his name) left to America for that reason.
Why is it that till tomorrow even the most basic engineering work in Nigeria is done by white men ? Maintaing bridges,national asembly,power plants etc and they will never transfer the skills.
All these so-called successful Nigerians in Multinationals might make money but they are not acquiring skills from Oyinbo to the extent that the cooks on FPSOs are white why? Those that would talk are kicked out and replaced by "hustlers" ,not all but mostly, whose idea of doing well is money even if they sell their children's future

Well being rich is most things lol, but I share your sentiments. Maybe it's because I'm still young so I rate making money very highly. It's true that the Nigerian environment isn't a conducive place for varied kinds of personal development. As such one has to go abroad to be able to get to the peak in some careers, and enjoy life to some level. But what about home? As someone rightly said Nigeria can only be built by Nigerians. I agree that finding ourselves as a Nation may involve bloodshed before things are put in proper shape, but what other way is available? From my little experience I know I'm more bolder in my Father's house than My Uncles and these are uncles that love me and treat me well. But am still not totally free there, why? Cos it's not my House. There is truly no place like home. For Nigerians born and bred abroad, then abroad is Home to them and there's nothing wrong in that. You can't choose where you are born, but at least when you are off age you can at least identify with your roots and give back in your own little way. After all there must be a reason why we were born here and not elsewhere? Or why are parents were born here.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Aug 08, 2012
@Ileke

Offcourse that can't be everybody's feeling. There will be some people who are very satisfied with their lives abroad, and may probably have been doing worse if at home. But what is your own contribution to your Fatherland? It's your country too, even if you have dual citizenship. The way many people talk here is baffling. It's like having a lot of problems in one's own family, and you prefer to identify with another family, Instead of doing all that is possible to restore order to your family. That's how most Nigerians in the diaspora behave.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by guddylover(m): 9:56pm On Aug 08, 2012
'Home' is wherever I lay my hat (that's my home)
Donxavier:

Well being rich is most things lol, but I share your sentiments. Maybe it's because I'm still young so I rate making money very highly. It's true that the Nigerian environment isn't a conducive place for varied kinds of personal development. As such one has to go abroad to be able to get to the peak in some careers, and enjoy life to some level. But what about home? As someone rightly said Nigeria can only be built by Nigerians. I agree that finding ourselves as a Nation may involve bloodshed before things are put in proper shape, but what other way is available? From my little experience I know I'm more bolder in my Father's house than My Uncles and these are uncles that love me and treat me well. But am still not totally free there, why? Cos it's not my House. There is truly no place like home. For Nigerians born and bred abroad, then abroad is Home to them and there's nothing wrong in that. You can't choose where you are born, but at least when you are off age you can at least identify with your roots and give back in your own little way. After all there must be a reason why we were born here and not elsewhere? Or why are parents were born here.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by ernestleon(m): 10:23pm On Aug 08, 2012
Dont cry because you were refused a visa and banned for life.It hurts you when it comes to your mind that you havnt exceed the Nigerian border.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Aug 08, 2012
ernestleon: Dont cry because you were refused a visa and banned for life.It hurts you when it comes to your mind that you havnt exceed the Nigerian border.

I'm off to Aberdeen next month for my Master's programme. I hope that gives you some perspective.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by ernestleon(m): 11:08pm On Aug 08, 2012
Donxavier:

I'm off to Aberdeen next month for my Master's programme. I hope that gives you some perspective.
I wonder how you will be able to answer your exam questions if you couldnt even differenciate what was directed to you and what wasnt
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by ernestleon(m): 11:47pm On Aug 08, 2012
@donxavier
Secondly what are you going to do in scotland? I thought leaving Nigeria is the worst thing that could happen to a nigerian youth.Hipocracy and wicked,you make people believe traveling abroad is a step backward while you are trickly leaving the same Nigeria for a Masters degree.
NOTE:I wasnt refering to you in my first post but you brought yourself into the picture.Thank goodness you revealed that you were travelling to Aberdeen which made me wonder why didnt you do your Msc in a Nigerian Uni?
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by aribisala0(m): 5:01am On Aug 09, 2012
Donxavier:

Maybe youth or maybe because there is so much poverty around you in Nigeria.Wealth is a state of mind that has more to do with contentment than anything else and is not quite the same as money.It is important that one is not financially destitute but beyond that money itself can be a prison especially when you make it by exploiting people.Compare Steve Jobs with Abacha
When you remember the stories of Cecilia Ibru ,Ibori and many others like them one can't help but think that no amount of money will change the fact that these are indeed very poor people. The truth is in Nigeria we worship money and most people seek money so others will worship them. Ask yourself what you will do with the money when you get it that is the most important thing.Not everyone who has money uses it meaningfully.
Regarding being born somewhere for a reason,well I do not subscribe to that any more than the notion that a baby was born in prison for "a reason" more profound than his mother's criminality. If you are born in Kabul you are just unfortunate
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by Nobody: 5:11am On Aug 09, 2012
ernestleon: @donxavier
Secondly what are you going to do in scotland? I thought leaving Nigeria is the worst thing that could happen to a nigerian youth.Hipocracy and wicked,you make people believe traveling abroad is a step backward while you are trickly leaving the same Nigeria for a Masters degree.
NOTE:I wasnt refering to you in my first post but you brought yourself into the picture.Thank goodness you revealed that you were travelling to Aberdeen which made me wonder why didnt you do your Msc in a Nigerian Uni?

Did you follow my posts at all I don't think you did cos if you did you d have seen that I never said anything about not wanting people to travel abroad. I was talking about relocating abroad from Nigeria. I never said one shouldn't leave Nigeria for whatever reasons. So one can't travel out for Vacation, to attend Conferences or for educational purposes? SMH if that's what you concluded from reading my posts.

Whether you were referring to me is immaterial now, you post came curiously after I had made some comments and to call me an hypocrite or wicked is just plain unfair.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by Nobody: 5:20am On Aug 09, 2012
Donxavier: @Ileke

Offcourse that can't be everybody's feeling. There will be some people who are very satisfied with their lives abroad, and may probably have been doing worse if at home. But what is your own contribution to your Fatherland? It's your country too, even if you have dual citizenship. The way many people talk here is baffling. It's like having a lot of problems in one's own family, and you prefer to identify with another family, Instead of doing all that is possible to restore order to your family. That's how most Nigerians in the diaspora behave.

Your questions have nothing to do with your previous post.
You claim that a large majority of Nigerians are suffering abroad based on your "uncles" stories.

How are people talking? Posting stories of how they've made it abroad is now a crime?
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by Nobody: 5:30am On Aug 09, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

Your questions have nothing to do with your previous post.
You claim that a large majority of Nigerians are suffering abroad based on your "uncles" stories.

How are people talking? Posting stories of how they've made it abroad is now a crime?

I never said a large majority of people are suffering abroad. I said my uncle's feel that if you can make it in Nigeria it's better you remain here. I also have uncles that permanently reside abroad and they are comfortable too. I said they feel that any Nigerian earning a decent wage shouldn't relocate abroad. I don't mean shouldn't travel at all, I mean shouldnt move permanently outside the country and live elsewhere.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by Nobody: 5:31am On Aug 09, 2012
Donxavier:

I never said a large majority of people are suffering abroad. I said my uncle's feel that if you can make it in Nigeria it's better you remain here. I also have uncles that permanently reside abroad and they are comfortable too. I said they feel that any Nigerian earning a decent wage shouldn't relocate abroad. I don't mean shouldn't travel at all, I mean shouldnt move permanently outside the country and live elsewhere.

I see smiley
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by waja(m): 8:42am On Aug 09, 2012
CyberG:

Much better than a system run by retardeen Goatlock for sure and whose shaite is licked by lapdogs like the OP. In a system that works, not chaotic like odechukwu's Nigeria, you will not cope you will actually excel without any connections or boyboyism. Get an education, work as hard and smart as you can in whatever you do, you will be able to afford and have everything you need and get even the things you want while keeping your dignity and humanity. You will not have or need millions of dollars in your account like sellouts like the OP who help to rip off the patrimony of their fatherland to feather their individual nests but you will have enough and more depending on your talent, hard work, dedication and focus.

You will have good roads to drive almost everywhere you turn, healthcare that will take care of the smallest injury to the most life threatening ones without needing to travel to another country, buy or rent a good house / apartment, buy a very good car, take trains or buses, never have to worry that someone might bomb you and your leaders will do nothing but brag, get the latest electronics, travel to any part of the planet without needing to die at the embassy applying for visa, if you lose your job you never need to be an eye-servicer like OP to survive because your employment insurance benefits kick in for several months, enough to find another job, you can wake-up everyday and have peace and a clear conscience not those seared with hot irons like that in an environment where the quality of life is determined by how many billions you have looted of the country's wealth. All these you can do without carrying a credit card debt and be in control of your life. You will not need USELESS PRAYERS for NEPA to bring light, or BH or defend a good for nothing foolishe leader like Badluck Jonathan in order to get your own share of his N 1 B cassava bread handout! This is the real meaning of wealth and a good life not primitive acquisition!
. Well said, but GEJ should be respected for He is not the cause of Boko Haram.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by steve13(m): 9:17am On Aug 09, 2012
Donxavier:

Your uncles are wicked,very wicked,ofcos they will say sad things about outside nigeria cos U̶̲̥̅̊ wanna ask them for some help or they simply don't wanna asist any one,I have an uncle like that,he went to the US 1999 and lives in DC,he will always say why not look for something to do at home smileyone day I phoned him from Glasgow and he said WOW,"when are U̶̲̥̅̊ visiting me in the States"? He said this cos he felt I don't need his help any more,now he is claiming relationship ,wicked uncle, I ve been reading this post for so long,and nomatter how hard Lagos or Abuja is,its better than the village,people are making money in the village aint they?some have big shops some deals in cooking red oil,some are richer than people in abuja and lagos, BUT are they living a good quality life?is life all about money?so many replies here are quite sad,because people are making money in the village so does it mean village is better Biko stop comparing,

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by Santi222(m): 9:45am On Aug 09, 2012
love4ual: my advice for any one coming to america who is still below 25yrs of age is to go and study nursing whether male or female....................as a guy it was not easy for me to agree to study nursing but i decided to abandon my 300 level course at nnamdi azikiwe university to study nursing.....................the future looks brighter for me than ever.......

i will have my liscence sometime this yr .....but i am already doing fine in the health sector..................

with nursing you will have ur papers quickly.............the demand is so high that there is so much shortage in the major cities of the us........new york, california and texas......

being a nurse you can come to the united states quickly because you do not need labor certification..............they do not look at experience sometimes or where you are coming from or even legal status because there is so much shortage in the industry.................infact most of the philippines and indian nurses who work here in houston cannot even speak english properly and yet the are employed making about $5,000 or more monthly............................my sister works double shift and so makes about $9,800 monthly.......................

nursing certificate is the only certificate that is recognized in the usa irregardless of the country you are coming from.............most nursing agencies will pay for your accomodation, car and board exam....................once you pass and start working you will re-imburse them back.........

any other degree from nigeria is rubbish......

most nigerians in the us are not properly informed about the health sector in the us even though they know nurses are on top.........................some of the jobs are also dirty but when you see dollars your eye go open and you can do just anything...........

while some people are still going through tough times in the us....there future is much brighter if only they are exposed to the right information.............canada, the us and australia are very good........i will advice anybody not to travel to the uk.........is really tougher out there and my friends always tell me that we are the very lucky ones to have been in the states.........

pls forget other degree certificates from home........because it will never be recognized abroad..........
I'd like to ask, how long does it take to get a Nursing Degree in the US, assuming u start from scratch? And for people who have obtained a degree in other health sciences in Nigeria, do we stil need to start from year 1?
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by Nobody: 9:51am On Aug 09, 2012
steve_101:

Your uncles are wicked,very wicked,ofcos they will say sad things about outside nigeria cos U̶̲̥̅̊ wanna ask them for some help or they simply don't wanna asist any one,I have an uncle like that,he went to the US 1999 and lives in DC,he will always say why not look for something to do at home smileyone day I phoned him from Glasgow and he said WOW,"when are U̶̲̥̅̊ visiting me in the States"? He said this cos he felt I don't need his help any more,now he is claiming relationship ,wicked uncle, I ve been reading this post for so long,and nomatter how hard Lagos or Abuja is,its better than the village,people are making money in the village aint they?some have big shops some deals in cooking red oil,some are richer than people in abuja and lagos, BUT are they living a good quality life?is life all about money?so many replies here are quite sad,because people are making money in the village so does it mean village is better Biko stop comparing,

Funny, cos this Uncles I talk about live in Lagos.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by aribisala0(m): 10:05am On Aug 09, 2012
steve_101:

You sound quite mad at your uncle but maybe he did you a favour and you should thank him. Reappraise you relationship with your uncle from the perspective that he did you a big favour and be grateful to him.Hopefully you were forced to dig into yourself to sort our YOUR life.

One problem I believe with our thinking as Nigerians is that we tend to go through life with an "entitlement" mindset that our family OWE us "assistance" of a financial kind and when they don't pay they are "WICKED". In life we must take responsibility for ourselves and every experience is useful. I think some things become clear only with time and maturity.

No one knows your financial situation but Nigerians looking at you will always think "aah this my brother has a fine house and a fine car so he should be in a position to help me" and if you don't they start being resentful without knowing whether the guy is in debt or what his situation really is..Is this right ?Is it even godly? for those claiming as Nigerians always do to be muslims or christians when both their books exhort them to trust only in their Allah or Jehovah.
Even if the guy is Bill Gates if he does not give relatives money it does not make him wicked
If his uncles give him money good if not good let him help himself.I know a 40 year old man in Nigeria with no job or family and all but one of his brothers are abroad doing well.He continues to blame them for not helping him even though their father a civil servant educated all of them to university level.In his time he was a cult pioneer and now he blames everyone but HIMSELF for his predicament ignoring the fact that their last born now works in a bank doing fine.
In summary those Nigerians with the drive and energy usually succeed with time

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

Accident At Abudu, 53 People Burnt To Death - Graphic Photos / World's Travel: 15 Most Visited Cities In The World. / Man Rides Bicycle From Morocco To Nigeria, Set To Visit Abuja. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.