Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,525 members, 7,971,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 07:55 PM

Zenith Bank Or Diamond Bank Job? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Zenith Bank Or Diamond Bank Job? (22367 Views)

Zenith Bank Interview 2016 / Zenith Or Diamond Bank / First Bank Or Diamond Bank: Which Do I Choose? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zenith Bank Or Diamond Bank Job? by mikymouse1(m): 9:24pm On Aug 08, 2012
9free: @OP, go for Diamond Bank.
Basic pay of 165k as ET and then increased to 210k with some upfront after confirmation(Six Months). Then quarterly(every 3 months) allowances of 300k.
Zenith bank na crap for starters....
Stop spreading falsehood!!!
Re: Zenith Bank Or Diamond Bank Job? by yomz1e(m): 9:31pm On Aug 08, 2012
The bottom line is no bank jobs is safe in Nigeria, my neighbor said a bank job has no safety. i was in Ibadan recently for a bank job and i was listening to some of the people i met there about their experiences as bank officers, basically they all said if they had the chance they would have stolen money from the banks before they were laid off. Wasn't it recently that a bank had to let go of 1000 staffs or is it 10,000. make your own conclusion from people's experience
Re: Zenith Bank Or Diamond Bank Job? by stanlolo85: 9:31pm On Aug 08, 2012
gawk:
u will just come here and start confusing people with figures @poster pls verify from few other sources before u proceed, becos u may get what u really never bargained for.
Re: Zenith Bank Or Diamond Bank Job? by stanlolo85: 9:33pm On Aug 08, 2012
gawk:
u will just come here and start confusing people with figures @poster pls verify from few other sources before u proceed, becos u may get what u really never bargained for.
is it only u in dis country, many are unemploy but u stil hv d mind 2 be tlkin of which 1 is better
Re: Zenith Bank Or Diamond Bank Job? by sammygoch: 9:34pm On Aug 08, 2012
Pls frwends,im new hre.......i want u 2 educ8 me on hw to use Nairaland to meet my needs..God blesss
Re: Zenith Bank Or Diamond Bank Job? by sammygoch: 9:40pm On Aug 08, 2012
If Bank job is not safe,then whch one is perfect?
Re: Zenith Bank Or Diamond Bank Job? by 1121: 9:42pm On Aug 08, 2012
pls, does anyone has idea of how much access bank pay entry level and if there is any prospect in working with the bank. I understand thier conditions of 2.1 and 24yrs age limit
Re: Zenith Bank Or Diamond Bank Job? by Darlo22(m): 10:20pm On Aug 08, 2012
gawk:
diamond bank is the bank with the highest pay package now with ET earning over 240,000
Re: Zenith Bank Or Diamond Bank Job? by 9free(m): 10:29pm On Aug 08, 2012
miky_mouse:
Stop spreading falsehood!!!
Guy, if you have nothing else to do just off your PC and go to bed.
Goodnite!
Re: Zenith Bank Or Diamond Bank Job? by JimOvia: 10:40pm On Aug 08, 2012
Ask me.
Re: Zenith Bank Or Diamond Bank Job? by baruwainfo: 10:48pm On Aug 08, 2012
I think Union Bank is d best paying bank in d country right now. They are Big, Strong, Reliable
Re: Zenith Bank Or Diamond Bank Job? by 2oby: 1:21am On Aug 09, 2012
hmmmm shocked
Re: Zenith Bank Or Diamond Bank Job? by naturalwaves: 1:26am On Aug 09, 2012
sammygoch: Pls frwends,im new hre.......i want u 2 educ8 me on hw to use Nairaland to meet my needs..God blesss
Welcome! What are ur needs?

1 Like

Re: Zenith Bank Or Diamond Bank Job? by teejayguy: 5:37am On Aug 09, 2012
naturalwaves:
Welcome! What are ur needs?
Clemayara: Please guys, In your opinions, which of the two is a better bank to work in, considering indicators such as Basic pay, allowances, opportunities and convenience? Thanks for your responses
Re: Zenith Bank Or Diamond Bank Job? by Ozegbe(m): 5:50am On Aug 09, 2012
ceeboy:
If its entry level....forget about zenith for now...they are only offering contract employment worth 60k.
I served with them... finished in june...done all the interviews...remains medicals...those that have been called to resume are on contract(some my set...others batch A)...according to HR the contract thing would last 6 months...so I dont think they would be employing anytime soon...banking aint it right now...but if you dont have any other choice...go with Diamond
its for real...bsc holders for contract staff in zenith banks...fcksup
Re: Zenith Bank Or Diamond Bank Job? by paxson: 6:07am On Aug 09, 2012
floriana: @ OP

Listen and listen carefully. Never go near Zenith Bank now, in the future or ever. Am speaking with authority and out of experience. Beside the fact that the pay is comparatively poor, your career will be stunted. You will come in as ET and remain so for as long as it takes any other ET to threaten to sue the bank for not adhering to the terms stated in their own offer letter. The bank lacks honour and does not respect even their own letters, memos and Mgt pronouncements. Promotions are also embargoed and the large chunk of your pay package will be under productivity which you will never earn. You will end up disillusioned and have to leave empty handed in frustration. If your dream of working is to start and build a career, Zenith is not a choice. If however you are looking for a bank with which to clean your backside, choose Zenith and when you are done, move to a more serious and pro-staff welfare bank. Zenith is a slave camp. Ask any of their staff.

@floriana you are absolutely correct..@poster floriana z it all..dats d whole picture bout d red/white colour bank.
i know of young couple dat startd career in bankin 2007 as a corper. gal in orange bank n guy in red/white bank..frm 2007 till date,u wont blv d guy just got promoted after 5yrs(1yr as a corper n 4yrs as full staff) whereas,d gal is now 2steps above d guy with a beta pay.red/white bank gat no integrity,slavery in a modernized way,no good attitude,d mgt regards no one,no communication btw d mgt/staff..dey tak decisions witout d consent of d bank's HR mostimes..if u want to enjoy red/white bank,u gats to come in as a manager..red/white bank is d only bank dats gon tell d contract staff dat dey r not entitld to profit sharing. ds is d only bank dats gon wake up and sack d staff witout reason and no justification..for me,Firstbank, Gtb n maybe diamond bank r d best for now.
Re: Zenith Bank Or Diamond Bank Job? by abbeycial: 7:10am On Aug 09, 2012
Dude...bank job aint making sense anymore
Re: Zenith Bank Or Diamond Bank Job? by Hemanwel(m): 7:20am On Aug 09, 2012
@op,how did u apply?I jus finishd my NYSC n graduated 4rm 1 of d top 5 fed unis.I had a decent grade.
Re: Zenith Bank Or Diamond Bank Job? by shedraq1: 7:47am On Aug 09, 2012
Clemayara: Please guys, In your opinions, which of the two is a better bank to work in, considering indicators such as Basic pay, allowances, opportunities and convenience? Thanks for your responses
They will all use you to get targets and SACK you,wether you are young or old...

Get this into your head that SALARY IS SLAVERY anytime any day[b]
They will all use you to get targets and SACK you,wether you are young or old...

Get this into your head that SALARY IS SLAVERY anytime any day[/b]

Get this into your head that [b]SALARY IS SLAVERY anytime any day[b]
Re: Zenith Bank Or Diamond Bank Job? by meetgaya: 8:16am On Aug 09, 2012
jstringz: Well it dependz on d angle u lukin @ it from. Diamond payz 165k, zenith payz 109k. Zenith is however d most capitalised bank in Nigeria presently. With GTB reviewing their pay structure and firstbank payin above 200k, am sure they will be considering reviewing their pay structure as well which might likely top diamond. Itz a tough call bt I fink zenith is more respected cause they aint retail banking oriented.
While Maintreetbank pays the highest N263K/month for fresh graduates and they are in the process of reviewing to N420K per month, the job is less stressful.
Re: Zenith Bank Or Diamond Bank Job? by blank(f): 8:35am On Aug 09, 2012
wengerjay: wht abt pay in ECOBANK?Being an international bank,their pay shd b better i think.pls can someone say somethong abt their pay?

Trust me when i say that Ecobank is one of the lowest paying banks. The pay for an SBO is lower than the pay for Diamond bank's BO. Oceanic staff that merged with them have been complaining since.
Re: Zenith Bank Or Diamond Bank Job? by meetgaya: 9:25am On Aug 09, 2012
yomz1e: The bottom line is no bank jobs is safe in Nigeria, my neighbor said a bank job has no safety. i was in Ibadan recently for a bank job and i was listening to some of the people i met there about their experiences as bank officers, basically they all said if they had the chance they would have stolen money from the banks before they were laid off. Wasn't it recently that a bank had to let go of 1000 staffs or is it 10,000. make your own conclusion from people's experience
the fact that there are so many plane crash does not meant we are stop boarding a plane. there is no organization who dont suffer job insecurity even in public sectors. when u get the job just be wise in your career.

1 Like

Re: Zenith Bank Or Diamond Bank Job? by Nobody: 9:32am On Aug 09, 2012
It dont matter poster. No bank job is secure, just save enough within 3 yrs and resign, then go to into Self-Employment.

1 Like

Re: Zenith Bank Or Diamond Bank Job? by doofanc: 9:32am On Aug 09, 2012
meetgaya:
While Maintreetbank pays the highest N263K/month for fresh graduates and they are in the process of reviewing to N420K per month, the job is less stressful.

really? see grooving!! cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Zenith Bank Or Diamond Bank Job? by 234GT(m): 9:55am On Aug 09, 2012
Billyonaire: It dont matter poster. No bank job is secure, just save enough within 3 yrs and resign, then go to into Self-Employment.
Hello. No job is secure, not even self employment. One's company may go up in flames anytime. A staff could defraud you. And must everybody leave banking after 3 to 5 years to become a business owner? A good number of people have left banking for the so called self employment and they are crying today. Some have made it though. Offer a graduate who has spent 6 years after service without a job an appointment with a bank and he would grab it without thinking twice. Or is sitting at home better than banking? What is important in banking is that you must continue improving yourself to remain relevant to the bank. Also, dont involve yourself in any sharp practices.
Re: Zenith Bank Or Diamond Bank Job? by vickspider(f): 9:59am On Aug 09, 2012
blank:

Trust me when i say that Ecobank is one of the lowest paying banks. The pay for an SBO is lower than the pay for Diamond bank's BO. Oceanic staff that merged with them have been complaining since.
[quote author=blank]

You're right? when i went to the bank last...see their staff..so frustrated and annoyed...their performance and attitude to customers has deteriorated drastically...its like i don't give a toots...they lack motivation...Diamond all the wayyyyy!!
Re: Zenith Bank Or Diamond Bank Job? by blank(f): 10:01am On Aug 09, 2012
meetgaya:

I find what you wrote hard to believe but as i have no rebuttal, i will go with what you have said. The main issue with Mainstreet bank is that it is one of the banks that Sanusi dealt with and as it is now, they are standing on one leg.
Re: Zenith Bank Or Diamond Bank Job? by madjune(m): 10:21am On Aug 09, 2012
Its always appalling to note that the first things our guys consider while looking for a job is how much they can earn. What happens to how much VALUE they have to offer?
Anyway, i don't think any sane guy should go to ZENITH. I once had this babe i nearly married (zenith staff) desperately wanting to know how much i earned as an advertising executive. This pissed me off and i know most of them chicks at that ZENITH are fake hungry opportunists.

1 Like

Re: Zenith Bank Or Diamond Bank Job? by Sike(m): 10:41am On Aug 09, 2012
Roseo03: Go with Diamond Bank.They are the Bomb at the moment.
I concur!!
Re: Zenith Bank Or Diamond Bank Job? by abu3310: 11:44am On Aug 09, 2012
pls,I need a job.am nd holder in business administration.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

N5k Salary Increase After 6 Years. Should I Continue? / Apply For OND Internship Program At Mobil Producing Nigeria / Why Is National Directorate Of Employment (NDE) Extorting Money From Graduates?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.