Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,776 members, 7,875,932 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:56 AM

Anc Elections - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anc Elections (937 Views)

Buhari Claimed He Had His Certificates Intact In Previous Elections - Agbakoba / Nigeria (PDP) Vs South Africa (ANC) - The One Party State = African Democracy. / South Africa Shocked As Anc Splits After Mbeki Resigns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anc Elections by blueband(m): 7:50pm On Dec 18, 2007
All world major TV networks are carrying the ANC elections live.When will our dear PDP reach this stage?

I hear the ANC election will have an effect on all world markets tomorrow.

We will get there,only if we do away with the corrupt leaders we have.Ribadu over to you.
Re: Anc Elections by blueband(m): 7:53pm On Dec 18, 2007
Zuma defeats Mbeki.

A deputy President Mbeki once sacked.Democracy in action
Re: Anc Elections by McKren(m): 8:34pm On Dec 18, 2007
Lets face it, we are very very backward

Can any Nigerian leader gracefully loose election to his arc rival
Re: Anc Elections by babasin(m): 8:45pm On Dec 18, 2007
Jacob Zuma has defeated South Africa's President Thabo Mbeki to win the leadership of the country's ruling ANC

excellent result. faultless

This is what makes a country. SA has shown again where leadership resides in africa.

Now compared that with OBJ and Yaradau election.

They are both guilty of fraud.

The thief and receiver of stolen goods are criminal.

In fact, the receiver is MORE criminal if he knows its stolen goods and still went ahead to received it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7149183.stm

Yaradua credibility is ZERO.

well done SA. well done Mbeki. well done Zuma
Re: Anc Elections by davidif: 3:09am On Dec 19, 2007
Isn't this the same guy who was tried on corruption charges? or the guy who was also tried for raping an HIV infected family friend and said afterwards that he took a shower to minimize the possibility of his infection grin grin grin .
Re: Anc Elections by OEPHIUS(m): 3:16am On Dec 19, 2007
when you people want to insult nigeria do it in an intelligent fashion the ANC elections is a disgrace to africa
A deputy President Mbeki once sacked.Democracy in action
zuma is ten times worse thn all nigeria's former learders put together about the results affecting th world markets that is a big lie
so the next time you feel like posting a reply make sure you have correct info
just so you know if zuma becomes the president of SA this will put the country's politics fifty years backwards even mandela is worried
Re: Anc Elections by DisGuy: 5:35am On Dec 19, 2007
OEPHIUS:

when you people want to insult nigeria do it in an intelligent fashion the [b]ANC elections is a disgrace to africa [/b]zuma is ten times worse thn all nigeria's former learders put together about the results affecting th world markets that is a big lie
so the next time you feel like posting a reply make sure you have correct info
just so you know if zuma becomes the president of SA this will put the country's politics fifty years backwards even mandela is worried

isn't this democracy in action? isn't the election free and fair? undecided
Apparently under Mbeki only the elite and higher middle class enjoyed the 'reforms'
2009 is still a year away and the courts are still there
Re: Anc Elections by buchio7(m): 8:01am On Dec 19, 2007
In as much as I laud there democratic tenets but I must really differ on the calibre of candidate that "MAY" replace mbeki. Zuma is a tragedy waiting to happen. I hope he does not win cause he does not hav wat it takes to lead a nation like s.a. with all the stupid stunts he has pulled over time i.e.rape an H.I.V positive family friend,bribe from arms dealer e.t.c.
Re: Anc Elections by babasin(m): 8:09am On Dec 19, 2007
Zuma is a tragedy waiting to happen. I hope he does not win cause he does not hav what it takes to lead a nation like s.a. with all the stupid stunts he has pulled over time i.e.rape an H.I.V positive family friend,bribe from arms dealer e.t.c.

you still dont get it! you only have 1vote in true democracy. not your nigeria democrazy, where people stuff ballot boxes

the people have voted freely and he got majority of these 1-votes. thats their choice.
Re: Anc Elections by McKren(m): 10:11am On Dec 19, 2007
of course Zuma's personality is an issue, I did not for one day wish that he won because he is just a tout

I am only happy that inspite of Mbeki's open opposition to his candidacy he still conducted a free and fair election and accepted the result because the South African people have spoken. Democracy includes accepting the wish of the people even if it is against your wish.
Re: Anc Elections by bindex(m): 10:48am On Dec 19, 2007
i read some where in wikipedia that jacob zuma recieved no formal education.Infact his personal life is a mess, he has been married to about 5 different women with over 18 children. The people still like him any way and i respect nbeki's stand on democracy he allowed the people's will to overide his personal wish.
Re: Anc Elections by babasin(m): 10:59am On Dec 19, 2007
i read some where in wikipedia that jacob zuma recieved no formal education.Infact his personal life is a mess, he has been married to about 5 different women with over 18 children.

who decide how many women you can marry to?

who decide how many children you can have?

so long he has not broken any LAW of his land, nobody has monopoly of moral.

i respect nbeki's stand on democracy he allowed the people's will to overide his personal wish.

thats democracy at work. Mbeki has only 1vote.

He has however shown examplary leadership by becoming part of the solution and not part of problem like OBJ + YARADua, who are problem of Nigeria by laying foundation for more future fraudulent elections.
Re: Anc Elections by AtamMan(m): 11:01am On Dec 19, 2007
Democracy has won and that is what any African should applaud! For those of you worried about the person of Zuma, do not be afraid. Why do I say so? The same wave that has brought him to power would throw him out if he does not perform. This is why they rig you and me out of power every time we hold elections in this country, out votes must not stand because we would be tempted to remove them when we discover that they are there only to line their pockets. Do I particularly like Zuma or Mbeki, no!!!! But do I admire them, their party and their country? Of course yes, they have once again shown us (Nigerians) up for who we are.
Re: Anc Elections by blueband(m): 7:40pm On Dec 19, 2007
Now when you talk of the HIV issue-it's the same Mbeki government that refused to accept that HIV causes AIDS.Infact Mbeki sacked his health minister for alluding to the fact the HIV causes AIDS.Mbeki only under pressure has agreed to make availaible first generation HIV drugs to his own people.Because this western educated man does not believe HIV causes AIDS.The difference between Mbeki and Zuma in this regard is zero.Let's face it,a judge threw out the rape allegation against Zuma

Zuma might not have a good personality but for goodness sake he won an election.A free and fair election.His people love him.Zuma was a freedom fighter who lived amongst his people.He led the armed wing of the ANC for long.Unlike Mbeki who rode on his father's back.Mbeki had all the spoilings of an "ajebo".Schooled in London,headed the ANC office in London.I guess that is why he was thought to be far off from his people-"aloof and arrogant".

Mbeki has given Zuma a very bad name.He tried to do the "Obasanjo vs Atiku thingy" in South Africa but it has back fired on him.

I don't care about Zuma's personality,democracy is about the free will of the people in action.If after his first term,Zuma does not perform the same process that brought him to power will remove him from power.

ANC Elections having an effect on global markets-Mbeki was seen to be pro-west and their estabilishments.The biggest bank(Stanbic) in South Africa is bigger than 50 percent of all our banks in Nigeria.The South African Economy is the largest in Africa and was once believed to be bigger than that of the whole sub saharan Africa.Mind you the investments in South Africa come from "whites" and their "brothers" in U.K and the USA.Zuma is heavily pro the black suffering unemployed people of South Africa.The fear is that he might seek wealth redistribution.And with the world wide credit crunch,I doubt if the "U.K & USA" investors will not be thinking of alternative plans now that Zuma is certain to become the next President of South Africa.
Re: Anc Elections by buchio7(m): 12:18pm On Dec 20, 2007
babasin:

you still don't get it! you only have 1vote in true democracy. not your nigeria democrazy, where people stuff ballot boxes

the people have voted freely and he got majority of these 1-votes. thats their choice.

in as much as i would less like to argue with u abt dis but pls next time read texts carefully b4 being in a hurry to reply. I have no issue with the democratic process in s.a. but i have an issue with the candidate that is running for the a.n.c top seat and thereafter the presidency.

Zuma is a tragedy waiting to happen and if that man is the best the south africans can muster to further lead there economic growth then it really is a tragedy for the whole country.
Re: Anc Elections by bibiking1(m): 12:25pm On Dec 20, 2007
I personally reason with Buchio, that man Zuma is a 'black Botha' and there will be trouble in that country. they will find out too late what corruption can do to a nation . That pretty south africa will be reduced to a city of violence and dejection.

ZUMA MUST BE STOPPED!
Re: Anc Elections by malaika(f): 12:51pm On Dec 20, 2007
::
Re: Anc Elections by Kobojunkie: 4:03pm On Dec 20, 2007
Zuma does not seem to be as clean as people think he is. For a man to get slammed over and over with accusation upon accusation, chances are he may be guilty for at least one. I am not really an Mbeki fan myself, really not interested in South African politics but I do know that I smell a rat where Zuma is involved. The man seems to be marred in crime of some sort and I do hope the trial reveals the truth. If he is guilty, I hope the South African people will be wise enough to force him to step down.
Re: Anc Elections by Iman3(m): 8:27pm On Dec 20, 2007
Jacob Zuma, the controversial new leader of South Africa’s ruling African National Congress (ANC), was yesterday dealt a blow in his bid to become the country’s next president after state prosecutors gave warning that they had enough evidence to charge him with corruption.

Only hours before Mr Zuma, 65, addressed the final session of one of the most bitterly divided ANC conferences in history, Mokotedi Mpshe, the acting head of the National Prosecuting Authority (NPA), said that a fresh set of bribery and corruption charges against the newly elected ANC President were “imminent”.

“The type of evidence we have so far can be taken to court. It is just a question now of tying up the loose ends,” said Mr Msphe, who is leading the investigation into allegations that Mr Zuma negotiated a £35,000 kickback from the French arms manufacture Thint.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/africa/article3076986.ece
Re: Anc Elections by babasin(m): 8:41pm On Dec 20, 2007
The type of evidence we have so far can be taken to court. It is just a question now of tying up the loose ends,” said Mr Msphe, who is leading the investigation into allegations that Mr Zuma negotiated a £35,000 kickback from the French arms manufacture Thint.

whats important, a man which no court-of-law has found guilty has been voted in by his people without any hindrance from any place.

this is a lesson for all other african countries.
Re: Anc Elections by debosky(m): 8:44pm On Dec 20, 2007
two faced double speak Meister Babasin. . . you support Zuma whose close associate is in Jail by the way, yet you're claiming Iyabo is guilty already after she has been absolved of wrongdoing in Nigeria and is still fighting in court?

Iyabo's nom de plume use has not been designated a crime, yet you accuse her of being guilty.

People speaking from both sides of their mouths like you should be completely discountenanced angry
Re: Anc Elections by babasin(m): 8:57pm On Dec 20, 2007
two faced double speak Meister Babasin. . . you support Zuma whose close associate is in Jail by the way, yet you're claiming Iyabo is guilty already after she has been absolved of wrongdoing in Nigeria and is still fighting in court?

Iyabo's nom de plume use has not been designated a crime, yet you accuse her of being guilty.

Now you are not reading and understanding my post.

1. I do not support ZUMA or Mbeki. I support DEMOCRACY, TRUE DEMOCRACY; Zuma was freely allowed to contest; thats import of it.

2. Zuma has not said anything about the corruption against him; so nothing for my opinion on that.

3. Iyabo instead of keeping queit and get a lawyer. She talked and I am using that against her as it shows she is FRAUD:any jury will tear her apart.

Iyabo said she was not directly involved in the business. “I know Prince Awofisayo. Sometime ago, he invited me to be part of a business he wanted to do. Some of these proposals work, other times they don’t. Prince said I should not worry, that he would fund the entire project. I told him since I was a commissioner, it could raise issues of conflict of interest. We agreed to go into the business all the same. Prince formed a company and did all the ground work. We agreed that I should use a different name, yes, because in law there is nothing wrong with that. Even the arbitration panel in Paris, on which a judge of the high court of England sat, agreed that legally, there was nothing wrong in that.

that statement finished her. simple. unless she wants to turn around and say it was under duress.

I listen to both sides before making my opinion.
Re: Anc Elections by OEPHIUS(m): 10:33pm On Dec 20, 2007
les get one thing clear Mugabe too was seeking wealth redistribution look where that took them investors are scared that he might change economics policies which is the backbone of the south africans the only thing they have going good for them
Mbeki is perceived as failed president i think if you take a poll obasanjo willbe rated higher than him
Desmond Tutu said they are ashamed of Zuma and that delegates should not vote for him i am talking about Democracy and these two countries (nigeria and sa) need deliverance in Naija Inec needs one and in SA the entire voters need one
Mbeki said HIV does not cause AIDS Zuma said showers prevent infection the both of them are failed politiciansand like their nigerian relative they should just retire
Re: Anc Elections by EmekaNaija(m): 11:13pm On Dec 20, 2007
bibiking1
ZUMA MUST BE STOPPED!

Busy body. When you couldn't stop Obasanjo, you want to stop a man who was elected by the majority of his people. Have you forgotten that the voice of the people is the voice of God. If you believe in democracy then what problem do you have with Zuma's election. i believe that we all should let other nationals decide their own destiny. I'm against all form of busy body and people judging an accused even before he is arraigned in a court of law. Let the S Africans decide if they want Zuma as president. After his 1st term, they can vote him out if he does not perform.
Re: Anc Elections by EmekaNaija(m): 11:19pm On Dec 20, 2007
We agreed that I should use a different name, yes, because in law there is nothing wrong with that. Even the arbitration panel in Paris, on which a judge of the high court of England sat, agreed that legally, there was nothing wrong in that.

If Iyabo ever said that, then any judge that does not find her guilty must be suspended indefinitely by the bar. What law supports the use of another name without getting an affidavit to that effect. What law allows some one to change name as and when necessary? I need to see that law. this is the most unbelievable law ever know to man if it ever exists. Maybe Iyabo needs to understand what forgery and fraud means. She needs to shut her mouth before she implicates herself the more.
Re: Anc Elections by davidif: 2:29am On Dec 21, 2007
as much as i don't like ZUMA, is election was a triumph for democracy in Africa, compared to that useless joke of a country named naija. On the other hand, while Mbeki was great for south africa economically, on the social aspect, it was a disaster. Instead of spending money on social services like welfare or free education or free health care for south africa's poor, he neglected them, as a result it led to a strong economy and a strong currency that a majority of the nations black people did not benefit from, hence the high crime rate in South Africa. Then there was his denial of HIV causing AIDS. Gosh what pathetic leaders we have in Africa. What a shame.
Re: Anc Elections by dayokanu(m): 9:00am On Dec 21, 2007
Jacob Zuma can be a gorrilla for all I care he can do what ever as long as his people voted him in freely and fairly.

Thats what OBJ, Iwu and Ehindero don't understand. Yar' Adua could have defeated Atiku without the rigging you know.
Re: Anc Elections by buchio7(m): 6:17pm On Dec 21, 2007
dayokanu:

Jacob Zuma can be a gorrilla for all I care he can do what ever as long as his people voted him in freely and fairly.

Load of bull. The guy shd be a thug in a peru jungle rather than a candidate for a country trying to clense itself from a history emeshed in victimization,oppression e.t.c.

the point u guys dont seem to get is the larger picture which is the inevitable downturn of the south african people along with its economy if a zuma takes power. Yes Mbeki did some things that did not favour the blacks but in general he has overseen the steady and gradual growth of the south african economy.

Zuma is not trusted by the church (e.g. tutu as one of them), nor the business men because he has a history dat essentially portrays him as all brass and no brains.
Re: Anc Elections by OEPHIUS(m): 9:25pm On Dec 21, 2007
Did you read Ruben Abati's block on today's guardian, check the website zuma's supporters are singing give me zuma or my Gun an antiaparteid song and this country of bunslingers are so close to political violence you could smell it
talk about Democrazy Mbeki might not actually organise a free and fair election Zuma has supporters in every aspect of the ANC he even made sure that only his "friends" got elected into the important offices this guy has so much influnce on the party he might actually cheat and Mbeki will be powerless to prevent it
still on democrazy Mbeki is mobilising the NPC the prosecution authorities to try him talk about Obasonjo's type of action.
Re: Anc Elections by Nobody: 11:03pm On Dec 21, 2007
well i just imagined what i would have looked like if atiku had won d pdp primaries last year, let mbeki learn the act of african politics from baba and his co-horts grin

(1) (Reply)

Naija Politics Blog / How Uniformed Men, Thieves Plotted The Mt Kua Oil Theft / Another Clifford Orjis (cannibalists) Uncovered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.