Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,656 members, 7,979,221 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 October 2024 at 12:09 AM

Why Does The Whole Nigeria Tremble At The Hearing Of Igbo Secession? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Does The Whole Nigeria Tremble At The Hearing Of Igbo Secession? (8962 Views)

BIAFRA: South-south Group Kicks Against Secession - Dailytimes / ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak / Nigerians In Britain Should Tremble - Bnp Cometh Upon Thee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Does The Whole Nigeria Tremble At The Hearing Of Igbo Secession? by Eziachi: 7:12pm On Aug 11, 2012
dayokanu:

I am in America because America is better in terms of opportunities and infrastructures compared to Ogbomosho.

Now tell us about your own ppl and why they have turned themselves to the leeches of Nigeria
So why are the Indians, Americans, British, Chinese, Japanese, Germans, French etc in Nigeria? Is it because there are no opportunities in their country? How can a man be a leech inside his own country?, how foolish can some of you get.
People like footballer Emmanuel Adebayor are originally from your land, go and ask them why they chose Togo over your land of paradise, if we are going by your theory?

4 Likes

Re: Why Does The Whole Nigeria Tremble At The Hearing Of Igbo Secession? by Eziachi: 7:21pm On Aug 11, 2012
omayyi :
The people I pity most in the event of a disintegration are igbos living outside igboland. Can't wait to have a reason to kick their butts outta my land, lol.
The same way United Kingdom will kick you out of slums of Peckham and Thamesmead and Togo will send back Emmanuel Adebayor and his family back you.
Grow up!
The world is now a global village, even the most richest Russians now live and work in the U.K and so does citizen of other nations.
Re: Why Does The Whole Nigeria Tremble At The Hearing Of Igbo Secession? by ezeagu(m): 7:30pm On Aug 11, 2012
The issue with these discussions is that people bring up billionaires and millionaires to demonstrate the wealth of their region. The billionaires in Hausa and Yoruba land are much more than those in Igbo land and they control many large and important companies, but (and this a big but) there are so much more millionaires in Igbo land and there's much less poverty, whether rural or urban, and there is a wider and more stable 'middle class' which is why the HDI is high. I put this down to the Igbo egalitarian and 'rugged individualist' society where there has never been a ruling class as was and is seen in the other regions, on the other hand, the other regions had a more organised governing than the Igbo.

4 Likes

Re: Why Does The Whole Nigeria Tremble At The Hearing Of Igbo Secession? by Yeske2(m): 8:55pm On Aug 11, 2012
^^
You actually educated those bigoted illiterates, hope it sinks into their thick skulls.
Re: Why Does The Whole Nigeria Tremble At The Hearing Of Igbo Secession? by geeez: 10:40pm On Aug 11, 2012
ezeagu: The issue with these discussions is that people bring up billionaires and millionaires to demonstrate the wealth of their region. The billionaires in Hausa and Yoruba land are much more than those in Igbo land and they control many large and important companies, but (and this a big but) there are so much more millionaires in Igbo land and there's much less poverty, whether rural or urban, and there is a wider and more stable 'middle class' which is why the HDI is high. I put this down to the Igbo egalitarian and 'rugged individualist' society where there has never been a ruling class as was and is seen in the other regions, on the other hand, the other regions had a more organised governing than the Igbo.

Oga you keep mentioning HDI. I've posted the GDP figures for Nigerian states which is a critical ingredient in the measure of HDI. The other parameters are Education and Life Expectancy. You may wanna read up before your next post

Da infamous: ^^^^ cry
so if oyo state GDP is higher than any igbo state, so why do you have so much poverty rate and poor infrastructure higher than south east?where is the money?does it benefit you personally,because i can say yes"am benefiting from chemical dealers in onisha main market and is a huge market over there,and these guy can drop 30k pounds equivalent to 6.2 million naira in my account in advance just for part payment, trust is what make things easy which in yorobe clans you dont really trust yourselves' or care for one another. Am not being mouthy but if your majority is poor in your region by "economics"either their is no wealth's generating from that land or the elites are busy stealing only for themselves and their children,basically the wealth is not going round which means the wealth is in the hands of few!all these things, is what you need to looking into as a human being,not bragging about something you absolutely dont benefit in...

Tomorrow when you see an igbo man with his mansion you will say is blood money!but is simple logistic is lacking in your society...

Guy be more intelligent in your posts. You pass through a state and then in your opinion you can tell the level of poverty there and because you do multimillion dollar businesses with people doesn't mean everyone in Igbo land does the same and shouldnt also mean that thousands of Yoruba people don't and so now all mansions in Nigeria are built by Igbos? And then how can you tell whether or not i benefit from the high GDP in Oyo State? Once again another illusioned view

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Whole Nigeria Tremble At The Hearing Of Igbo Secession? by ezeagu(m): 4:36am On Aug 12, 2012
geeez: Oga you keep mentioning HDI. I've posted the GDP figures for Nigerian states which is a critical ingredient in the measure of HDI. The other parameters are Education and Life Expectancy. You may wanna read up before your next post

Yeah GDP, cool, go and compare the GDP calculations of Nigeria and Ireland, or India and Norway, even the US and the Netherlands, or Nigeria and Barbados, a small island the size of a south eastern state of Nigeria, or Nigeria to Luxembourg and Liechtenstein, the size of some Nigerian towns, or Monaco, the size of a village and then come and report your theory proven by the High HDI by GDP.

In the mean time I'll leave you with these:

http://www.measuredhs.com/pubs/pdf/GF15/GF15.pdf

www.oerafrica.org/ResourceDownload.aspx?assetid">https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:wgJfRD3S_0QJ:www.oerafrica.org/ResourceDownload.aspx?assetid%3D969%26userid%3D-1+poverty+rate+nigeria+south+east+south+west+north+west&hl=en&gl=uk&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESgMqrnvyzigPMw7ADJUAAX9UBCi9Mis6NmqhlNFCX96QXgaQ9GxeFjj4EtXhx3yDI0puOMh7Py8Duz1yy6inJvQuMchj1Yq4uyfnVXtPtrKlRx2yhXSMD4XxUcclS7WUg89Rf3Z&sig=AHIEtbRRm-XXz0Vf9-3sPoBMW2yrZfFsnQ&pli=1

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Whole Nigeria Tremble At The Hearing Of Igbo Secession? by geeez: 8:18am On Aug 12, 2012
ezeagu:

Yeah GDP, cool, go and compare the GDP calculations of Nigeria and Ireland, or India and Norway, even the US and the Netherlands, or Nigeria and Barbados, a small island the size of a south eastern state of Nigeria, or Nigeria to Luxembourg and Liechtenstein, the size of some Nigerian towns, or Monaco, the size of a village and then come and report your theory proven by the High HDI by GDP.

In the mean time I'll leave you with these:

http://www.measuredhs.com/pubs/pdf/GF15/GF15.pdf

www.oerafrica.org/ResourceDownload.aspx?assetid">https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:wgJfRD3S_0QJ:www.oerafrica.org/ResourceDownload.aspx?assetid%3D969%26userid%3D-1+poverty+rate+nigeria+south+east+south+west+north+west&hl=en&gl=uk&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESgMqrnvyzigPMw7ADJUAAX9UBCi9Mis6NmqhlNFCX96QXgaQ9GxeFjj4EtXhx3yDI0puOMh7Py8Duz1yy6inJvQuMchj1Yq4uyfnVXtPtrKlRx2yhXSMD4XxUcclS7WUg89Rf3Z&sig=AHIEtbRRm-XXz0Vf9-3sPoBMW2yrZfFsnQ&pli=1

Unfortunately most of your links weren't opening and I've read those reports before and like I said, the HDI will measure other factors like life expectancy and education which are directly related to the quality of healthcare and educational infrastructure which is currently over stretched in the South West as we speak, due to the influx of people into the region.

You may wanna read a recent report on the unemployment rate in Nigeria from the NBS which I just stumbled on this morning below:

https://www.nairaland.com/1016093/statistics-bauchi-zamfara-niger-top
Re: Why Does The Whole Nigeria Tremble At The Hearing Of Igbo Secession? by Yeske2(m): 9:50am On Aug 12, 2012
^^
You forgot GDP calculation includes monetary transfers that may or may not affect the living standard of the inhabitants, Equitorial Guinea comes to mind. Despite having a GDP per capita close to those of high income countries, is still poorer than even Nigeria in every parameter measurable. HDI is a better measure. Go figure.
The NBS stat you cited has been discussed on this forum and others so not relevant as you even believe the 3% unemployment rate for Osun state, citizens of the state Will be shocked to the bone reading that.

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Whole Nigeria Tremble At The Hearing Of Igbo Secession? by geeez: 10:01am On Aug 12, 2012
Yeske!:
^^
You forgot GDP calculation includes monetary transfers that may or may not affect the living standard of the inhabitants, Equitorial Guinea comes to mind. Despite having a GDP per capita close to those of high income countries, is still poorer than even Nigeria in every parameter measurable. HDI is a better measure. Go figure.
The NBS stat you cited has been discussed on this forum and others so not relevant as you even believe the 3% unemployment rate for Osun state, citizens of the state Will be shocked to the bone reading that.

I will respond when I get a better argument. For now, I won't dignify your post

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Whole Nigeria Tremble At The Hearing Of Igbo Secession? by Yeske2(m): 2:02pm On Aug 12, 2012
geeez:

I will respond when I get a better argument. For now, I won't dignify your post
What a gentleman.
Re: Why Does The Whole Nigeria Tremble At The Hearing Of Igbo Secession? by cocoduck: 3:00pm On Aug 12, 2012
Yeske!:
^^

nwanne what a powerful arguement
Re: Why Does The Whole Nigeria Tremble At The Hearing Of Igbo Secession? by geeez: 3:14pm On Aug 12, 2012
Just to clear the air, GDP is not and does not include monetary transfers but a direct measurement of total cost of commerce, like turnover of a company. An indicator of the standard of living is the per capita which measures average income over a period.

Must you argue with facts and figures without any basis? You should and can only argue when you have conducted a research on your own which proves the contrary.
Re: Why Does The Whole Nigeria Tremble At The Hearing Of Igbo Secession? by Epalos: 11:49pm On Aug 12, 2012
Cos they have none.
dayokanu: ^^ How come Igbos dont use these business sense and skill to develop their cursed and eroded lands

Why are they always going to develop another persons land
Re: Why Does The Whole Nigeria Tremble At The Hearing Of Igbo Secession? by Epalos: 11:50pm On Aug 12, 2012
Not in their millions.
Yeske!:
Same way Americans come down to Nigeria for opportunities, does that make Nigeria more developed than America with better opportunities and infrastructure?
Re: Why Does The Whole Nigeria Tremble At The Hearing Of Igbo Secession? by Epalos: 12:01am On Aug 13, 2012
Don't mind these empty barrels with most noise, I really don't know the need for them to have to always make a case like a short man trying hard to be noticed.
geeez:

You are certainly Illusioned. You many wanna pay a visit to the lands bureau where my mother retired as a director just last year and see how much of Lagos is owned by Igbos. Not even 10%. If that doesn't shock you, I will tell you that as a banker, with experience spanning over four banks, including an Igbo bank, most of the high turnovers are recorded by Hausas and Yorubas. And how on earth can you say you run the economy without controlling the key sectors? Is trading equivalent to running an economy? Who controls Banking, Manufacturing, Construction, Oil and Gas, Agriculture, Telecoms and IT? The entry barrier to trading is very low and buyers are getting wiser and your so-called acumen is now relationsjips based on trust. When surveyed. Most people are unlikely to trust Igbo people, even Igbos themselves. So tell me where your acumen is? Everyone knows trading is all all about buying from the cheapest markets and selling in the most costly ones. Are you trying to tell me that all the successful Yoruba companies I see lack business sense?You may also wanna check out the companies that pay taxes to government the most and those that evade taxes. The most tax in Lagos is generated from non-Igbo companies and multinationals (once again controlled by Yorubas) making Lagos State the most prosperous state in Nigeria at over N20bn in IGR monthly. Once again, i'm not a tribalist, because I've met and worked with some wonderful Igbo people. I really won't join issues with you because it's certain that you are living in a wild fantasy.
Re: Why Does The Whole Nigeria Tremble At The Hearing Of Igbo Secession? by Epalos: 12:10am On Aug 13, 2012
He's ibo, btw any Yoruba man married ibo will still marry a Yoruba woman.
Eziachi:
If the above is your problem, maybe you don't have one.
You should ask those that married to Germans, Americans, British etc, as to how they had been managing with their visa or closer to home, ask Cameroonians married to Nigerians.
This is the most lame excuse so far.
Re: Why Does The Whole Nigeria Tremble At The Hearing Of Igbo Secession? by Epalos: 12:16am On Aug 13, 2012
They decided to finish what you started, but you didn't see that coming, just plan it well this time cos you never can tell what these "cowards" have up their sleeves.
Eziachi:
A what were your soldiers looking for after recovering Ore and midwest if their intention is not to stop them seceding?
Re: Why Does The Whole Nigeria Tremble At The Hearing Of Igbo Secession? by Epalos: 12:20am On Aug 13, 2012
You ibos dont see urselves as Nigerians and are full of p.o.o.
Eziachi:
It funny that you never bothered to ask the Chinese or the Lebanese to go back to their villages and they are foreigners?

But you are asking a person RESIDING inside his own supposed country. Americans, British Germans, Japanese don't stop in their country in their quest, its no difference to Ndigbo, even in their own country.
If you don't like it, stop screaming treason, every time you hear about MASSOB.
How many Nigerians including Yorubas live in Peckham/Thamesmead in England, how many time does the English ask you to go back to your villages?
Mind you, some part of what you called Port Harcourt is Alaigbo.
Re: Why Does The Whole Nigeria Tremble At The Hearing Of Igbo Secession? by Epalos: 12:27am On Aug 13, 2012
No land is going to be taken with you to iboland, so you have not bought any inheritance, when the time comes the most you would get is compensation, we are talking about penny on a dollar.
Eziachi:
If they can't feed their people, how come you kept selling the same starving people your inheritance? What do you call a man that sells his inheritance? Does the name Esau comes to mind?
Re: Why Does The Whole Nigeria Tremble At The Hearing Of Igbo Secession? by Afam4eva(m): 4:01am On Aug 13, 2012
dayokanu:

You should ask your Ibo soldiers what they were looking for in Ore and the midwest if their intention was to secede
Did they match to ore before or after war was declared on Biafra? No nation fights for three years to bring back a nonentit into it's fold except the nonentity is a brainbox of Nigeria.
Re: Why Does The Whole Nigeria Tremble At The Hearing Of Igbo Secession? by Antivirus92(m): 7:39am On Aug 13, 2012
I am just laughing at those people who label igbo land as "cursed" and "eroded". I just wonder why some people have refused to be educated. Pls tell me apart from lagos and ph, another state that is more developed than anambra,enugu,imo. A region with least poverty rate. A place blessed with men of calibre,A region with largest markets in africa. Yes we won't fold our hands and stay in our land doing agbero, danfo driver, okada rider,just to claim that our land is sufficient for us. We are enterprising by nature and we can't help that.

2 Likes

Re: Why Does The Whole Nigeria Tremble At The Hearing Of Igbo Secession? by Eziachi: 5:18pm On Aug 13, 2012
Epalos: No land is going to be taken with you to iboland, so you have not bought any inheritance, when the time comes the most you would get is compensation, we are talking about penny on a dollar.
If I were you I will rather read than comment, because you don't seem to know much about political issues. You called some one a starved and turn around and sell him your inheritance, what do you call that? This question is actually not for you as I know that you got no clue.
Re: Why Does The Whole Nigeria Tremble At The Hearing Of Igbo Secession? by NOLONGTIN1(m): 5:51pm On Aug 13, 2012
Because we are hard workers, industrious, innovative and entrepreneurs. we don't wait for government work, we stand up and look for how we can make money mostly legally but sometimes illegally
Re: Why Does The Whole Nigeria Tremble At The Hearing Of Igbo Secession? by dayokanu(m): 8:26pm On Aug 13, 2012
Antivirus92: I am just laughing at those people who label igbo land as "cursed" and "eroded". I just wonder why some people have refused to be educated. Pls tell me apart from lagos and ph, another state that is more developed than anambra,enugu,imo. A region with least poverty rate. A place blessed with men of calibre,A region with largest markets in africa. Yes we won't fold our hands and stay in our land doing agbero, danfo driver, okada rider,just to claim that our land is sufficient for us. We are enterprising by nature and we can't help that.

if your land is ok, Why does every succesful Igbo man have to leave the place to make it? Have you gone to any eastern car park in Xmas and New yr time? it would be like a war is about to consume all the inhabitants.

Even when they are killed in kano, they prefer to die in kano.

Every index in Nigeria show that Iboland is one of the most impoverished. The GDP of all Ibo states are nothing to write home about

SW GDP even minus Lagos eceed that of all SE states added together

Oyo State 16,121,670,484
Ogun State 10,470,415,017
Ondo State 8,414,302,623
Osun State 7,280,597,521
Ekiti State 2,848,372,512

Total 45,135,358,157

Oyo and Ogun alone have the total GDP of the whole SE

Imo State 14,212,637,486
Abia State 8,687,442,705
Anambra State 6,764,219,562
Enugu State 4,396,590,769
Ebonyi State 2,732,472,739

Total 36,793,363,261

afam4eva:
Did they match to ore before or after war was declared on Biafra? No nation fights for three years to bring back a nonentit into it's fold except the nonentity is a brainbox of Nigeria.

Every nation that has succeded in breaking up or failed had to fight a war. Either in Sudan or in Yugoslavia. if you are fighting for
independence you protect your territory and not attack others

If you say the war was against Hausas, How come it was Middle belt and ore that was attacked and not Jos, Benue or Kogi to capture kano and Kaduna

I wont respond to Eziachi simply because of his age.
Re: Why Does The Whole Nigeria Tremble At The Hearing Of Igbo Secession? by MrGlobe(m): 9:20pm On Aug 13, 2012
^
you need help. Apart from Lagos there is no other economic activity in all Yoruba land. None. Stop the handouts coming from the FG and Yoruba lazy, coward, owambe loving people will cease to exist. I can't even argue this topic.
Re: Why Does The Whole Nigeria Tremble At The Hearing Of Igbo Secession? by dayokanu(m): 10:48pm On Aug 13, 2012
Mr. Globe:
^
you need help. Apart from Lagos there is no other economic activity in all Yoruba land. None. Stop the handouts coming from the FG and Yoruba lazy, coward, owambe loving people will cease to exist. I can't even argue this topic.

LOL

Even though GDP figures show that The SW excluding Lagos is way better than that Hell Hole you come from

Oyo and Ogun States alone matches all the SE.

If we stop people from migrating to other regions, It wont be long before Igbos start eating themselves like their ancestors used to
Re: Why Does The Whole Nigeria Tremble At The Hearing Of Igbo Secession? by Afam4eva(m): 9:35am On Aug 14, 2012
dayokanu:

Every nation that has succeded in breaking up or failed had to fight a war. Either in Sudan or in Yugoslavia. if you are fighting for
independence you protect your territory and not attack others

If you say the war was against Hausas, How come it was Middle belt and ore that was attacked and not Jos, Benue or Kogi to capture kano and Kaduna
When a war is declared on you, you don't wait to get annihilated. Which is why the Biafran forces that were matching to Lagos intended to overthrow the government that declared war on them. Their intention was solely to oust the government.

How was the war against the Hausas when the war was declared by a middlebelter. The war was declared by the Nigerian government which included every other group apart from Igbos and some other ethnic minorities.
Re: Why Does The Whole Nigeria Tremble At The Hearing Of Igbo Secession? by dayokanu(m): 4:09pm On Aug 14, 2012
afam4eva:
When a war is declared on you, you don't wait to get annihilated. Which is why the Biafran forces that were matching to Lagos intended to overthrow the government that declared war on them. Their intention was solely to oust the government.

How was the war against the Hausas when the war was declared by a middlebelter. The war was declared by the Nigerian government which included every other group apart from Igbos and some other ethnic minorities.

So if you say the war was against Nigeria and yorubas were part of Nigeria then why are Igbos butthurt that the Yorubas gave them a monumental asswhooping
Re: Why Does The Whole Nigeria Tremble At The Hearing Of Igbo Secession? by ezeagu(m): 4:40pm On Aug 14, 2012
geeez:

Unfortunately most of your links weren't opening and I've read those reports before and like I said, the HDI will measure other factors like life expectancy and education which are directly related to the quality of healthcare and educational infrastructure which is currently over stretched in the South West as we speak, due to the influx of people into the region.

You may wanna read a recent report on the unemployment rate in Nigeria from the NBS which I just stumbled on this morning below:

https://www.nairaland.com/1016093/statistics-bauchi-zamfara-niger-top

Let's be honest, the only infrastructure that's over stretched in the southwest is in Lagos. The majority are in rural areas farming or doing some other unindustrialised work or trading, so unemployment (which is everywhere) isn't so much to blame for low HDI.

Even if it was, the link to the thread says by unemployment: "Delta 27.2, Imo 26.9, Rivers 25.5 Abia 11.2, Anambra 12.4, Ebonyi 23.1, Enugu 25.2... Ekiti 12.1... Conversely, states considered to have marginal one-digit unemployment rate are Osun, 3.0, Kwara, 7.1, Lagos 8.3 and Oyo 8.9."

So unemployment is highest in the south east and the rest of the Niger Delta, yet the south east still has a higher standard of living. What was the point you were trying to make with the NBS statistics?
Re: Why Does The Whole Nigeria Tremble At The Hearing Of Igbo Secession? by cbravo2: 1:08am On Apr 08, 2017
Re: Why Does The Whole Nigeria Tremble At The Hearing Of Igbo Secession? by cbravo3: 1:11am On Apr 08, 2017
Re: Why Does The Whole Nigeria Tremble At The Hearing Of Igbo Secession? by nogragra: 11:09am On Sep 26, 2019
gerald28:
I have been watching with keen interest and I noticed that, when other region threatens to secede from Nigeria, they will not be taken serious but once the igbo tries to do that, the whole country will be afraid, I am just wondering, could this be out of fear for the igbos?? why this igbo phobia? does it mean that the rest of Nigeria cannot survive without the igbos? I mean igbo land is not the only oil bearing part of the country. Feel free to make a contribution.
...you people are not only thieves and criminals but you are very evil people as well. Q.E.D.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Biafra Seat At Home: Update From The South South (pics) / NCS Warders Threaten Strike Over Poor Salaries, Working Conditions / Low Voter Turnout Mars Bauchi LG Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.