Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,815 members, 7,872,731 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 08:49 PM

Who Is The Greatest Nigeria Olympian? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Who Is The Greatest Nigeria Olympian? (1147 Views)

8 Months Pregnant Olympian Runs 800m Race / Sunday Bada- An Ex-nigerian Olympian Dies At 41 / What Is Your Greatest Nigeria Starting 11 Of All Time? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is The Greatest Nigeria Olympian? by gbokukueba(m): 6:03pm On Aug 08, 2012
With the on going Olympics where the likes of Michael Phelps became the greatest Olympian of all time i had to go into the history books to find out who our best Olympians are and listed them below.

In your opinion which of them is the greatest?

1. Chioma Ajunwa- 1 Gold(Atlanta 96- Long Jump)

2. Nigeria Football Team- 1 Gold (Atlanta 96- Football)

3. Mary Onyali- 1 Bronze(Barcelona 92- 4x100m), 1 Bronze(Atlanta 96- 200m)

4. Falilat Ogunkoya 1 Bronze(Atlanta 96- 4x400m), 1 Bronze(Atlanta 96- 400m)
Re: Who Is The Greatest Nigeria Olympian? by yoji: 3:29pm On Aug 10, 2012
Its a tough one. D soccerteam are out of contention because they were not d first to win a medal or d first to win d Gold medal soccer is a team sport so they should chill. Their Gold in football has less significance cos of wat I've mentioned. And even though mary onyali was thoroughly significant in winnin 2 medals over 2 olympic events, my vote has to go to chioma ajunwa cos Gold is Gold and the winner of ouur first Gold is a hero anyday
Re: Who Is The Greatest Nigeria Olympian? by semid4lyfe(m): 4:31pm On Aug 10, 2012
Easy peasy. . .no other than Chioma Ajunwa kiss
Re: Who Is The Greatest Nigeria Olympian? by Afam4eva(m): 6:31pm On Aug 10, 2012
I'll also give it to Chioma Ajunwa because she's the only single gold medalist we've got so far.
Re: Who Is The Greatest Nigeria Olympian? by gbokukueba(m): 9:08pm On Aug 10, 2012
Guys,

Everyone that has ever competed for Nigeria at the Olympic is part of the great lot representing an ungrateful nation.
Re: Who Is The Greatest Nigeria Olympian? by babyboy3(m): 9:24pm On Aug 10, 2012
Mens 4 x 400 Gold in 2000

4. Falilat Ogunkoya 1 Bronze (SILVER) (Atlanta 96- 4x400m), 1 Bronze(Atlanta 96- 400m)
Re: Who Is The Greatest Nigeria Olympian? by gbokukueba(m): 12:00pm On Aug 11, 2012
baby-boy:
Mens 4 x 400 Gold in 2000

4. Falilat Ogunkoya 1 Bronze (SILVER) (Atlanta 96- 4x400m), 1 Bronze(Atlanta 96- 400m)

The men's gold was off the field so i didnt count that.
Re: Who Is The Greatest Nigeria Olympian? by vislabraye(m): 10:35pm On Aug 12, 2012
Chioma Ajunwa no doubt. Individual sport is more challenging than team sports.
Re: Who Is The Greatest Nigeria Olympian? by omar22(m): 11:59am On Aug 13, 2012
gbokukueba:

The men's gold was off the field so i didnt count that.

So...

USA were disqualified due to drug cheating so Nigeria was upgraded to Gold whats wrong with that, Carl Lewis would claim that he successfully defended his 100m title despite the fact that ben Johnson blew him away on the track.

If you say it was a team effort then I would agree

The football team should not come into recognition because we cheated with over age players
Re: Who Is The Greatest Nigeria Olympian? by gbokukueba(m): 8:20am On Aug 15, 2012
You have a point there as such Chioma Ajunwa beats all but the fact she was caught later with performance enhancing drugs and banned for life does it count?
Re: Who Is The Greatest Nigeria Olympian? by omar22(m): 3:20pm On Aug 15, 2012
gbokukueba: You have a point there as such Chioma Ajunwa beats all but the fact she was caught later with performance enhancing drugs and banned for life does it count?

Was she caught again?

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Greatest Nigeria Olympian? by Afam4eva(m): 3:22pm On Aug 15, 2012
gbokukueba: You have a point there as such Chioma Ajunwa beats all but the fact she was caught later with performance enhancing drugs and banned for life does it count?
Stop lying through your teeth. She was never banned for life.
Re: Who Is The Greatest Nigeria Olympian? by chic2pimp(m): 7:05pm On Aug 15, 2012
Would have said Chioma Ajunwa but I absolutely detest Drugs Cheat, Reformed or not.

It's basically a toss up between Mary Onyali and Faliat Ogunkoya.
Re: Who Is The Greatest Nigeria Olympian? by olawalebabs(m): 7:46am On Aug 18, 2012
Chioma Ajunwa would have fit in, but the drug ban has a dent on image. Falilat Ogunkoya and Mary Omagbemi are the duo I will go for now.
Re: Who Is The Greatest Nigeria Olympian? by gbokukueba(m): 8:16am On Aug 19, 2012
afam4eva:
Stop lying through your teeth. She was never banned for life.

Go and find out bro...

(1) (Reply)

How To Deposit In Ur Bet365 Acc??? / Ibrahimovic: Men Deserve More Respect Than Women / Photos: Super Eagles Players Arrive In Congo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.