Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,993 members, 7,933,400 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 05:58 AM

Map Reading - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Map Reading (1857 Views)

Photo: This Bus Finds Itself Here Because The Driver Was Following Google Map / Hilarious Picture! This Driver Followed Google Map Direction. / JUST FOR LAUGH:Nigeria's Position On The Africa Map Says It All (PICTURE) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Map Reading by ojd(m): 1:01am On Apr 08, 2006
Junior's earth science class teacher was teaching "map reading". After explaining about latitude, longitude, degrees and minutes she asked, "suppose I asked you to meet me for luch at 23 degrees, 4 minutes north latitude and 45 degrees, 15 minutes east longitude?"

After a confused silence, Junior volunteered, "I guess you'd be eating alone"
Re: Map Reading by diddy4(m): 3:27am On Apr 08, 2006
i guess so too.
Re: Map Reading by kajad(m): 9:09am On Apr 08, 2006
na so! grin
Re: Map Reading by Iretia(m): 1:27pm On Jul 02, 2007
Well the teacher does not really have to eat alone especially if the restaurant is a Brazilian restaurant like Chirakus at Lagoon Restaurant in VI where they serve that tasty beef and sea food. All junior has to do is to get a GPS receiever and enter the coordinate into it and he is guarded to the rendevouz. The era of tedious map reading using thread and stuff to measure roads or rivers has gone with the dinasaurs. Now, map reading today is  a delight using computers. If Junior is an IT savvy chap, chances are there that he must have heard about www.mapquest.com, yahoo map.,Google Earth or our very Nigerian version  www.ceaser-web.com where one can get driving direction from point A to anywhere. The only problem i envisage is NEPA. Does junior have electricity to power the computer before getting on the internet? But something tells me that junior is not in Nigeria because no Nigerian teacher will invite any junior student to a restuarant grin

Tell junior that STL has the coordinate of all his favourite restaurants like Mr Biggs, Tanterlizers, Tastee, Sweet Sensation etc, in Lagos, Abuja, Porharcourt, Ibadan, Onitsha and Kano as a matter of fact, we are inluding below the map showing Mr Biggs outlet in Lagos. For more information,junior can contact:

nthony Lawrence
Spatial Technologies Ltd
+234 18533497 (Lagos)
+442085338338 (London)
info@spatialtechnologiesltd.com
www.spatialtechnologiesltd.com

Re: Map Reading by greedie1(f): 7:19pm On Dec 17, 2010
Hmmm, nice joke nd educative comment bt seriously, Isnt der an advert column?

(1) (Reply)

Difference Between A Yankee And A Naija Facebook Post / . / Please Why Do NEPA Take Light?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.