Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,104 members, 7,939,458 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 06:11 AM

Help Me Open Up Gov Peter Obi's Laptop. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help Me Open Up Gov Peter Obi's Laptop. (1820 Views)

Gov. Obi Charges Young Scientists, Entrepreneurs To Emulate Steve Jobs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me Open Up Gov Peter Obi's Laptop. by wilxz(m): 1:12pm On Aug 09, 2012
Pls i need help on how to unlock this laptop. Gov peter obi gave out 50 of this laptop to secondary school before his re-election, but uptill this moment, most people have not been able to boot-up there system. When d system comes on, it request for a user name and password and you can barely see anytin on the screen. My nephew has been on my neck to help him open up the laptop. Pls mod. Help me take it to the from page for quick response. Thanks

Re: Help Me Open Up Gov Peter Obi's Laptop. by samfibby(m): 7:18pm On Aug 09, 2012
bypass total boot up. Go into boot up...start ur troubleshooting 4rm there
Re: Help Me Open Up Gov Peter Obi's Laptop. by samfibby(m): 7:19pm On Aug 09, 2012
go into bios....check if its linux or windows
Re: Help Me Open Up Gov Peter Obi's Laptop. by Maleeq(m): 7:12pm On Aug 11, 2012
The laptops have "Power On" passwords setup. I possible way, its to get the model/part number of the laptop, lets review it, and then you may have to pull-out the CMOS battery and maybe jump some physical connectors to reset it! (Not a pretty job)
Re: Help Me Open Up Gov Peter Obi's Laptop. by engrj(m): 8:26pm On Aug 11, 2012
Ok if the board is password then you need to remove CMOS Battery then on it and off again, then on it again it will boot.
But if the sys is booting to window b4 de sys request for password i think you need to try save mod or you have to format with an external cd rom.
Re: Help Me Open Up Gov Peter Obi's Laptop. by Nobody: 9:18pm On Aug 23, 2012
Maleeq: The laptops have "Power On" passwords setup. I possible way, its to get the model/part number of the laptop, lets review it, and then you may have to pull-out the CMOS battery and maybe jump some physical connectors to reset it! (Not a pretty job)

if i recall correctly, you have to take the laptop apart to get to the eprom chip and short it
Re: Help Me Open Up Gov Peter Obi's Laptop. by femi4: 9:29pm On Aug 23, 2012
Return it to Gov Peter Obi to give you username and password
Re: Help Me Open Up Gov Peter Obi's Laptop. by Maleeq(m): 9:26am On Aug 24, 2012
oyb:

if i recall correctly, you have to take the laptop apart to get to the eprom chip and short it
Most times, yes.... grin

femi4: Return it to Gov Peter Obi to give you username and password
hahahaha....abi o?
Re: Help Me Open Up Gov Peter Obi's Laptop. by wilxz(m): 10:50am On Aug 25, 2012
engr j: Ok if the board is password then you need to remove CMOS Battery then on it and off again, then on it again it will boot.
But if the sys is booting to window b4 de sys request for password i think you need to try save mod or you have to format with an external cd rom.

thanks for ur suggest, but d problem is that, u can hardly see anything when the system comes on. Its really faint. Will removing and replacing the CMOS solve that also?
Re: Help Me Open Up Gov Peter Obi's Laptop. by wilxz(m): 10:52am On Aug 25, 2012
femi4: Return it to Gov Peter Obi to give you username and password

Lol, i hv plans, to dat immediately i try other option and still meet a brick wall.
Re: Help Me Open Up Gov Peter Obi's Laptop. by wilxz(m): 10:56am On Aug 25, 2012
Maleeq: The laptops have "Power On" passwords setup. I possible way, its to get the model/part number of the laptop, lets review it, and then you may have to pull-out the CMOS battery and maybe jump some physical connectors to reset it! (Not a pretty job)

Thanks, i will get the model/part number soon. When i get back to visit my nephew
Re: Help Me Open Up Gov Peter Obi's Laptop. by wilxz(m): 11:00am On Aug 25, 2012
samfibby: bypass total boot up. Go into boot up...start ur troubleshooting 4rm there

i dont thing one can bypass anytin from d boot up, cos the first thing u see when d system come on is the request for the user name and password.
Re: Help Me Open Up Gov Peter Obi's Laptop. by zaibatsu(m): 9:51am On Aug 27, 2012
@OP What you have there is called an Intel Classmate PC. Intel's answer to the OLPC which was based on hardware from "the " rival manufacturer.
Your Classmate PC should be running either Windows XP, Metasys Classmate 2.0
for the Classmate PC, or Mandriva Linux 2010. Your password issue leads me to conclude it's either of the last two. Try and Google "password recovery" on your OS. Luck!

@Maleeq How you dey?

(1) (Reply)

Internet Hotspot Software - Start Giving Ticket To Laptop User In Ur Cafe Etc / Loading Freedos 123 Initdisc / How Do I Get Rid Of This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.