Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,017 members, 7,942,694 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 02:48 PM

Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite (27560 Views)

Missing Malaysia Airlines MH370 Plane Wreckage Found Off The Coast Of Africa? / Nigeria To Launch First Locally Made Satellite Into Space By 2018 - Minister / 10 Surprising Things You Can See From Space (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by niyitogun(m): 6:34pm On Aug 10, 2012
O_D_B: This is a sad picture. It shows Africa at night. It really is dark

Yey! I can see my candle from pic
Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by UyiIredia(m): 6:41pm On Aug 10, 2012
Beautiful !
Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by WoBem: 7:00pm On Aug 10, 2012
What is africa to u? Big in size nd poverty, unique in features nd crises. God remake Africa
Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by Koikoi(m): 7:08pm On Aug 10, 2012
It look kinda sickly.
Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by jaymdee(m): 7:14pm On Aug 10, 2012
Africa is going bald from our end. Maybe it's GEJ's fault.
Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by PaulJohn1: 7:46pm On Aug 10, 2012

Thank GOD the lower part of Nigeria by the left is not black, I'm safe.
Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by Nobody: 7:53pm On Aug 10, 2012
For some strange reason, this sh1t looks creepy to me.
Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by bola4dprec(m): 8:06pm On Aug 10, 2012
Okija_juju:

Football field (light green)
Swimming pool (light blue)
small white dots inside the deep Blue (Sea) - Ice fish.
Light brown - Egbo plantation.
Black Spot near Nigeria - Ghana.

we need your dictionary in circulation baba sugbandudu
Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by Skii(m): 8:14pm On Aug 10, 2012
Mehn, if Africa was developed, the world for hear am o
Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by Trinity213: 8:54pm On Aug 10, 2012
Onyenna:

lagerwhenindoubt, if u are standing behind me and I take a picture facing front, will u appear in that picture?......
yes, if there is a mirror in front of of you.

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by Presius(m): 10:01pm On Aug 10, 2012
Okija_juju:

this guy don high* cant stop laughing
Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by Chudi99(m): 10:03pm On Aug 10, 2012
But how come the lower part of nigeria is a litle bit bright lik d other continent above? Am sure dat must be d effort of "i pass my negbour" not this fictitious 432...mwt electricity generation we are told we just achieved
Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by searay(m): 10:16pm On Aug 10, 2012
I'll blame GEJ for this brown spot on the pics. It's all his faults.

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by Vansnickers: 10:22pm On Aug 10, 2012
skydeexie: I thought prophet Mohammed (SAW) said the world was flat and the Sun sets in the west in a muddy pond I am really confused angry

The shape of the Earth is Geoid not Flat.
Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by Megabyts(m): 11:03pm On Aug 10, 2012
Ki-Katanga:

It's a photo...
Grasslands/Forest (green)
Desert (Brown)
Seas (Blue)
Clouds (White)
your map interpretation is wrong because you need a key to read a map and in this scenario i cant see where u got you key.
Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by Nobody: 12:26am On Aug 11, 2012
O_D_B: That's a second generation geostationary full scan disk image.
The image is of color-composite and forms one of the earlier clssic channels (Infra-red, Visible and water-vapor channels).

In-short this technology is 20years old and doesn't deserve front page status.

It's application is limited to storm tracking and certain cloud definitions.
sir are you GIS competent? Pls hit me up lets exchange ish
Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by toluxa1(m): 12:46am On Aug 11, 2012

Thought they said Ghana has 24hrs electricity. Can't see no light! Lol

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by auwal87(m): 1:11am On Aug 11, 2012
God did not create any country, men do. They draw lines and call it country. sad

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by Nobody: 1:14am On Aug 11, 2012
blackboi: *scary pic* embarassed

Yh it is.
I guess its the pitch black space in the background.

Kinda scary when you think of how isolated we are in our neck of the woods (milky way).
Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by TerryCarr(m): 5:30am On Aug 11, 2012
africans needs too tame the Sahara so to [b]re[/b]green it but that will be a the day sad
Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by Nobody: 10:10am On Aug 11, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

Yh it is.
I guess its the pitch black space in the background.

Kinda scary when you think of how isolated we are in our neck of the woods (milky way).

Mehn, seriously spooked by the thought. So all 7 billion of us (along with countless billions of diverse lesser animals) are trapped within that massive 'ball' suspended in an endless mass of pitch black nothingness? ? ? It drives home how insignificant every one of us is in the larger scheme of things in the universe. Very depressing indeed.
Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by Heymus(m): 4:20pm On Aug 11, 2012
[quote
author=Megabyts] your map interpretation is wrong because you need a key
to read a map and in this scenario i cant see where u got you
key.[/quote]LEGEND se?
Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by Nobody: 5:06pm On Aug 11, 2012
AFRICA,the land of resources.
Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by D1KeleVra(m): 10:29pm On Aug 11, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt: GEJ is at work grin

hahaha what has GEJ got to do with this?

They say "put on your thinking cap". . . not his cap
Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by maryswags: 1:37am On Aug 12, 2012
Okija_juju:

Lmaooo...hahaaa nor b only ice fish wot of periwinkles loolll
Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by maryswags: 1:41am On Aug 12, 2012
amijid2012: Can sumbdy locate ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ d location of BKH in dat Map? grin

Oh boko? Dey are on the second turn 2 d left
Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by maryswags: 1:42am On Aug 12, 2012
Megabyts: your map interpretation is wrong because you need a key to read a map and in this scenario i cant see where u got you key.

I think he used dat key normally placed on corned beef tins *dunno oo*
Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by maryswags: 1:44am On Aug 12, 2012
pro01:

Mehn, seriously spooked by the thought. So all 7 billion of us (along with countless billions of diverse lesser animals) are trapped within that massive 'ball' suspended in an endless mass of pitch black nothingness? ? ? It drives home how insignificant every one of us is in the larger scheme of things in the universe. Very depressing indeed.

Yea, its time to set urself free, just evacuate urself off this massive ball
Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by maryswags: 1:44am On Aug 12, 2012
pendusky: Nice shot! New Africa, cant view it well, is Northern part of Nigeria still join to the Southern part? I need my zoom tools.

Lmaoooo, can't stop laughing here!
Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by maryswags: 1:45am On Aug 12, 2012
EzeUche: We must stop the desertification of the Sahel region of Africa!

We? By doing what now?
Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 3:49pm On Aug 12, 2012
D1KeleVra:

hahaha what has GEJ got to do with this?

They say "put on your thinking cap". . . not his cap

lol.. that's why i said GEJ is at work grin grin
Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by Nobody: 8:59am On Jul 30, 2015
[color=#000099][/color] worldwide

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See The Owl Killed In My Office This Morning / How To Borrow Credit On Prepaid Meter In Nigeria / Nasa Testing ‘AIR Taxi’ That Shuttles You Across Cities In Minutes(Pix, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.