Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,990 members, 7,873,185 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:29 AM

Mpape Residents Lambast Jonathan Over Planned Demolition - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mpape Residents Lambast Jonathan Over Planned Demolition (979 Views)

Truth About The Planned Demolition Of Gbagyi-Villa, In Kaduna Pics / PDP Lambast APC Over Location Of Buhari’s Interview / Gbenga Adeyinka Mocks Jonathan Over N10 Fuel Price Reduction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mpape Residents Lambast Jonathan Over Planned Demolition by ykkool: 8:29pm On Aug 09, 2012
The Goodluck Jonathan administration on Tuesday received bashing from non indigenous residents of Mpape Suburb billed for total demolition.

The group of non-indigenes who number over 3million asked the Jonathan administration to shelve its plan to throw them into homelessness.

The protesting residents displayed placards which read: “Now they have shows, but we have none”, “I can also be President”, “I can also be Senator”, “I can also be Minister” and “We need to be protected”.

Spokesman of the group, Chiemeka Friday stated that any government no matter how well thought will be illegal if it targets at further impoverishment of the people.

He regretted that whilst President Jonathan sought votes, the Mpape area was not an illegal settlement, as the people in the area where wooed to vote him into office. He urged the President to intervene to ensure that the FCTA is called to order.

However, there appears to be no hope for the Mpape residents as the FCTA insists that it will demolish over 3000 houses in the area.

Observers are watching closely to see those who will be allocated the plots after the celebrated demolition.

News learnt that the plots of the suburb have already be allocated to top government functionaries and politicians, just like the Maitama extension.

Re: Mpape Residents Lambast Jonathan Over Planned Demolition by UNLEASHED(m): 8:49pm On Aug 09, 2012
Will the government provide accommodation to those affected? It's something I don't understand

(1) (Reply)

What Happened To The LASTMA Officials Who Publicly Disgraced Their Boss? / The Obamacare RFID Microchip Rumour / Re; Nigerians In Diaspora Are Bitter.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.