Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,098 members, 7,942,980 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 09:32 PM

Picky Eater. - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Picky Eater. (1940 Views)

Is Your Baby Skinny And A Picky Eater?your Solution Is Here..... / Are You A Picky Eater? / Vegetarian Or Meat-eater-which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Picky Eater. by sexiestharam(f): 7:47am On Aug 10, 2012
Since I was about four years old, I have been a picky eater. Seems I just woke up one morning
and I couldn't eat all the meals I could eat before. Meals most nigerians eat such as fufu, amala, semovita, yellow eba, lafu, pounded yam etc can't pass through my throat no matter how hard I try. I always have to throw it up. The strange thing is I can eat white eba. I also eat boiled yam but can't eat it when pounded. I can drink pap but can't eat eko or custard. Is my problem a psychological problem? Are there people in my shoes too
and can I also be helped here in nigeria? I am tired of this situation.
Re: Picky Eater. by TSpayne: 11:33am On Aug 10, 2012
Try taking a bitter appetite stimulant between your meals like 'yo yo bitters', its really all in your mind.
Re: Picky Eater. by dominique(f): 12:33pm On Aug 10, 2012
its your nature. i can also be choosy when it comes to food. i like the aroma of onions but i cant get myself to chew it. i slice it into my food and take out all the onions i can find when i'm dishing the food. i also cant stand semo, wheat and lafun but not to the point of nausea.

1 Like

Re: Picky Eater. by sexiestharam(f): 1:16pm On Aug 10, 2012
T-Spayne:
Try taking a bitter appetite stimulant between your meals like 'yo yo bitters', its really all in your mind.
I drank yoyo bitters this afternoon
and tried to eat yellow eba. The same thing happened. I almost threw up. No hope for me?
Re: Picky Eater. by sexiestharam(f): 1:17pm On Aug 10, 2012
dominique: its your nature. i can also be choosy when it comes to food. i like the aroma of onions but i cant get myself to chew it. i slice it into my food and take out all the onions i can find when i'm dishing the food. i also cant stand semo, wheat and lafun but not to the point of nausea.
ok. So I am not alone.
Re: Picky Eater. by Nobody: 4:49am On Aug 29, 2012
i dont eat onions[color=#990000][/color] grin grin
Re: Picky Eater. by aleroo(f): 10:27pm On Aug 29, 2012
If my twin wasnt alive i would swear you were her cos what you just described used to be the story of my life. I just couldnt keep anything i ate inside me, for about ten years i survived on just rice, milk,bread and boiled yam and i can swear on this. help came when someone suggested i deworm myself, and i did. I took a pack of combantrin everyday for three days and you wouldnt believe the miracle that happened. Everything i eat stays in and i gained a massive 25kg in three months. You might want to take the deworming option if u dont do dat already.

1 Like

Re: Picky Eater. by sexiestharam(f): 6:54pm On Sep 01, 2012
aleroo: If my twin wasnt alive i would swear you were her cos what you just described used to be the story of my life. I just couldnt keep anything i ate inside me, for about ten years i survived on just rice, milk,bread and boiled yam and i can swear on this. help came when someone suggested i deworm myself, and i did. I took a pack of combantrin everyday for three days and you wouldnt believe the miracle that happened. Everything i eat stays in and i gained a massive 25kg in three months. You might want to take the deworming option if u dont do dat already.
Thanks so much Alero. I would try using combatrin too.
Re: Picky Eater. by kay9(m): 7:06pm On May 08, 2019
@sexiestharam
It's been 7 years... Did the deworming suggestion work?
Re: Picky Eater. by sexiestharam(f): 9:11pm On May 08, 2019
kay9:
@sexiestharam
Wow. Lol. It has been really 7 years. The Deworming didn't work o. I am still the same. Can't eat all the foods I earlier mentioned.
Re: Picky Eater. by sexiestharam(f): 9:11pm On May 08, 2019
kay9:
@sexiestharam
Wow. Lol. It has been really 7 years. The Deworming didn't work o. I am still the same. Can't eat all the foods I earlier mentioned. Thanks for the check-up. grin

(1) (Reply)

Who Knows The Real Name Of This Strange Fish ? (PICS) / If You Have Ever Eaten Any Of These Food You Are Old. / 4 Delicious Salad Recipes To Spice Up Your Next Owanbeparries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.