Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,470 members, 7,968,305 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 01:07 AM

Attempted Robbery On Arik Air Flight: Suspect & Victim Arrested - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Attempted Robbery On Arik Air Flight: Suspect & Victim Arrested (16906 Views)

Lagos Airport Police Arrest Passenger Smoking Aboard Arik Air Flight / Dana Air Flight ‎537 Is A Disaster Waiting To Happen – A Passenger’s Ordeal. / Protesting Passengers Block Arik Air Flight At Abuja Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Attempted Robbery On Arik Air Flight: Suspect & Victim Arrested by Jarus(m): 10:18pm On Aug 10, 2012
omega25red: i guess this is good news for the airline. My question is who puts that sum of money in a place where someone can easily get access? and was the owner of the money asleep when all this ransacking was going on?
It is possible. And you don't need to be asleep. Bags are usually placed on that cabin platform above above your heads. All the thief needs do is stand as if he's checking something in his own bag, while doing so to co-passenger's bags and passing the thing to his own bag up there. It may not even take up to 2 minutes.
Re: Attempted Robbery On Arik Air Flight: Suspect & Victim Arrested by Nobody: 10:26pm On Aug 10, 2012
omega25red: i guess this is good news for the airline. My question is who puts that sum of money in a place where someone can easily get access? and was the owner of the money asleep when all this ransacking was going on?

he put it in his bag.
the barawo obviously went for the bag.
Re: Attempted Robbery On Arik Air Flight: Suspect & Victim Arrested by kingzik: 10:29pm On Aug 10, 2012
So funny...I was just imagining that someone would board a flight for no other reason than to steal.The man travelling with cash to Lagos,haven't u heard of cashless policy?I tire for this country sha.
Re: Attempted Robbery On Arik Air Flight: Suspect & Victim Arrested by kingzik: 10:39pm On Aug 10, 2012
Let us learn to embrace the cashless policy of the Central Bank.I see no reason why one should be travelling with such amount of cash when you can do an Internet transfer.If the guy had successfully made way with that money,the victim would now be blaming the airline operators.Let's be wise
Re: Attempted Robbery On Arik Air Flight: Suspect & Victim Arrested by tellwisdom: 10:42pm On Aug 10, 2012
..And who could this thief be?? a member of NL i guess undecided undecided
Re: Attempted Robbery On Arik Air Flight: Suspect & Victim Arrested by Nobody: 11:15pm On Aug 10, 2012
This is why CBN decide the cashless policy, but some Nigerians do not want to support this policy!
Re: Attempted Robbery On Arik Air Flight: Suspect & Victim Arrested by kooto(m): 11:36pm On Aug 10, 2012
C me o: to be honest, it requires more than common sense that most nigerians display to understand this was an acted script written & directed by arikair people to thwart omojuwa's case/campaign against them

I am thinking in thesame direction, it could just have been staged [business strategy]'am not ruling this out atall.

1 Like

Re: Attempted Robbery On Arik Air Flight: Suspect & Victim Arrested by YoursGEJ(m): 11:56pm On Aug 10, 2012
air robbery
Re: Attempted Robbery On Arik Air Flight: Suspect & Victim Arrested by Soulcaine(m): 12:38am On Aug 11, 2012
obowunmi: Now idiots like omojuwa can let us hear word.

pls read between d lines and task ur brain a lil jst a lil Qand A

Q=why now after dey have been accused?
Q=why was d name of d thief not given?
Q=isnt suspicious dat its a triangle of jst 3 pple?

Happy thinking!

1 Like

Re: Attempted Robbery On Arik Air Flight: Suspect & Victim Arrested by Nobody: 5:52am On Aug 11, 2012
kingzik: Let us learn to embrace the cashless policy of the Central Bank.I see no reason why one should be travelling with such amount of cash when you can do an Internet transfer.If the guy had successfully made way with that money,the victim would now be blaming the airline operators.Let's be wise
good advice about the cashless policy thing. But what do they do about other precious possesions that cannot be sent by transfers like Ipads, Laptops, Mobile phones and other things too numerous to mention?
Re: Attempted Robbery On Arik Air Flight: Suspect & Victim Arrested by DICKtator: 6:06am On Aug 11, 2012

No offence, but you are a monkey!!.
I mean ur name is "obo"wunmi so u would be able to relate well wit wot I said.
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Attempted Robbery On Arik Air Flight: Suspect & Victim Arrested by Ama28(f): 11:44am On Aug 11, 2012
To the Nigerian media: if you want to tell a lie, tell a believable one that's what makes a fiction. Such low life story.
To start with, why was the victim arrested? For his money being stolen? How come even the name of the victim was with held?
The highest currency note we have is N1000, so the guy/babe stole two wraps of 100,000 assuming the victim has them in such note and the victim was still sleeping. Pls is there tse tse fly in the plane or the victim has sleeping sickness? The Nigerians I know will leach the person alive before the plane gets to the point of landing, be it the rich or poor. Like I said make ur fiction believable next time. We aren't dummies!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Attempted Robbery On Arik Air Flight: Suspect & Victim Arrested by emekaanijah(m): 11:55am On Aug 11, 2012
fools
Re: Attempted Robbery On Arik Air Flight: Suspect & Victim Arrested by Nobody: 2:12pm On Aug 11, 2012

Broda, wot do u have against Omojuwa? So, he shouldn't have protested his stolen ipad?? I hate to think of u as a fellow countryman!! U r a disgrace to urself!!
Re: Attempted Robbery On Arik Air Flight: Suspect & Victim Arrested by obowunmi(m): 3:23pm On Aug 12, 2012
Nigerians and conspiracy theories sha...so Arik Air came up with this plan and story because of Omojuwa....I laugh in Chinese. : )
Re: Attempted Robbery On Arik Air Flight: Suspect & Victim Arrested by adanny01(m): 5:10pm On Aug 12, 2012
I lost N7,000 yesterday on aero flight from Uyo to Abuja. I am 100% sure that the security men who scanned my laptop bag a the xray point in Uyo terminal did it. My bag only left my view when it went under d scanner which they paused for the passenger that ws ahead of me to pick up his bags while i was waiting on the other side.
The funniest thing was that i only noticed when i was to pay taxi that took me home. The whole change i had equaled the exact amount i had to pay d taxi, i wud have been embarrased.
There are thieves all over the airport, be warned.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Renewal Of Nigerian Passport In The Us / Ethiopia Begins Seizure Of Undeclared Currencies By Transiting Nigerians / Living In Lagos, Is It Worth It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.