Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,391 members, 7,940,492 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 07:10 AM

Nigeria PRESIDENT (GEJ)IS Above The Constitution. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria PRESIDENT (GEJ)IS Above The Constitution. (1241 Views)

Deji Of Akure: Eze Ndi Igbo Is Protected By The Constitution Of Nigeria / Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution / Abba’s Sack Illegal-Police Council Not Consulted As Required By the Constitution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria PRESIDENT (GEJ)IS Above The Constitution. by 28octo: 4:34am On Aug 11, 2012
When a President delibrately take a stand against the constitution and nobody talks, then he is clearly above the constitution. In d first instance, we can only say to have a president when he has fully satisfied all d requirement ti ascend the office of the president of Nigeria. The Nigeria constitution section140,subsectn 1 states, "a person elected to the office of President shall NOT begin to performthe functions of that office until he has declared his assets and liabilities". I have not seen anywhere GEJ declared his asset since 2011, instead he declares to Nigerian, "..its a personal thing". By the provisions of the constitution I dare say we don't have a president yet.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria PRESIDENT (GEJ)IS Above The Constitution. by Gbawe: 11:17am On Aug 11, 2012
28octo :
When a President delibrately take a stand against the constitution and nobody talks, then he is clearly above the constitution. In d first instance, we can only say to have a president when he has fully satisfied all d requirement ti ascend the office of the president of Nigeria. The Nigeria constitution section140,subsectn 1 states, "a person elected to the office of President shall NOT begin to performthe functions of that office until he has declared his assets and liabilities". I have not seen anywhere GEJ declared his asset since 2011, instead he declares to Nigerian, "..its a personal thing". By the provisions of the constitution I dare say we don't have a president yet.

My own fear with GEJ, now totally validated, was that Nigeria was gaining another stooge and staunch disciple of a retrogressive establishment that deliberately ensures our constitution and institutions remain impotent and bastardized caricatures of what obtains elsewhere.

The matter of asset declaration is a very apt example. I am not really concerned with the provisions of the constitution because I know the Nigerian constitution, when our lawless and undemocratic leaders want to ignore it, is not worth the paper it is written on.

Issues, above everything else, remains about the ethical and moral laxity of the President of a nation being destroyed by corruption that enables him not to "give a damn" to the extent he cannot see his duty of leading by example if he is to convince anyone he is a genuine part of the solution.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria PRESIDENT (GEJ)IS Above The Constitution. by 28octo: 1:06pm On Aug 11, 2012
Gbawe:

My own fear with GEJ, now totally validated, was that Nigeria was gaining another stooge and staunch disciple of a retrogressive establishment that deliberately ensures our constitution and institutions remain impotent and bastardized caricatures of what obtains elsewhere.

The matter of asset declaration is a very apt example. I am not really concerned with the provisions of the constitution because I know the Nigerian constitution, when our lawless and undemocratic leaders want to ignore it, is not worth the paper it is written on.

Issues, above everything else, remains about the ethical and moral laxity of the President of a nation being destroyed by corruption that enables him not to "give a damn" to the extent he cannot see his duty of leading by example if he is to convince anyone he is a genuine part of the solution.

my bro Jonah is no president. Its such a shame that with a population this large all we have for a president is a man dat can't effectivly discuss without a script frimhis aides

(1) (Reply)

Why Nddc Scholarship Is A Failure / News:federal Government To Sell PHCN To Ibb,otedola,elumelu&others / Col. Achuzia Say Awo And Gowon Were Behind Genocide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.