Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,419 members, 7,881,542 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:17 PM

Ghanaians Vilify TB Joshua Over Late Pres. Mills - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ghanaians Vilify TB Joshua Over Late Pres. Mills (3112 Views)

Photo: Late Pres. Yar'adua's Father, then Minister Of Lagos & Late Oba of Lagos / Why Late Pres. Yar’adua Was Sneaked Into Nigeria Without Jonathan’s Knowledge / Bianca Ojukwu Expresses Her Disappointment At Ohanaeze Over Late Visit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ghanaians Vilify TB Joshua Over Late Pres. Mills by publisher(m): 3:20pm On Aug 11, 2012
GHANAIANS VILIFY PROPHET TB JOSHUA.
The remains of Ghana’s late President, Professor John Evans Atta Mills, was on Friday 10th August 2012 interred at the "Asomdwee Park" formerly known as Geese Park. The burial service took place earlier in the day at the Independence Square in Accra.Thousands of mourners, African leaders including Nigeria's President Goodluck Jonathan, foreign dignitaries such as US Secretary of State, Hilary Clinton and the general public attended the state funeral service.

All through President John Atta Mills death saga,one name that could not leave the lips of Ghanaians was that of Nigeria's Prophet T.B Joshua. Ghanaians are divided over the role TB Joshua played in the life and death of their president. While some Ghanaians revere TB Joshua as a true man of God, a host of others see him as a fraud and scam artist that sucked their gullible president dry.

It is an open secret that late President Mills considered TB Joshua as his spiritual father,but many Ghanaians wonder how far this relationship went. Questions such, 'Did their late President pay tithes to TB Joshua from The Ghanaian treasury?' or 'Did President Mills faith in TB Joshua's healing power stop him from seeking a more comprhensive treatment for his throat cancer?'

The Ghanaian social media have not spared the Nigeria man of God as seen on one of many online fora. See:http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/artikel.php?ID=247283

Prophet TB Joshua did not help matters as he arrived Accra for President Mills funeral with his own private jet. This was further compounded when TB Joshua during an interview advised Ghanaians not to bother carrying out a probe on President Mills death.

Not a few Ghanaians are quietly hoping that their new President John Mahama does not also fall for TB Joshua's charm.

Source: http://mrstanleynwabia..com/2012/08/ghanaians-vilify-prophet-tb-joshua.html
Re: Ghanaians Vilify TB Joshua Over Late Pres. Mills by ezeksunda: 7:10pm On Aug 11, 2012
GHANAIANS DID NOT VILIFY PROPHET TB JOSHUA:
BEWARE OF BLASPHEMERS!

The state funeral service of the late Ghanaian President, Professor John Evan Atta Mills (1944-2012) on Friday 10th August, 2012 had brought diverse people from all over the world, including African leaders. It was one event which moved Ghanaians and the international visitors to tears by virtue of the late president’s personal acumen, sincerity of purpose and focused political career and achievements for the Republic of Ghana, the first African country to attain independence in 1957.

However, why some people decided to shift attention to Prophet T.B. Joshua of The SCOAN, Nigeria, is what is really baffling. One article which was written to openly castigate the man of God, titled, “Ghanaians Vilify Prophet T.B. Joshua” has just been posted on the net, with all signs of evil insinuations, envy and hatred spread out on the page.
According to the writer of the article, Ghanaians allegedly wondered how far Joshua performed as the spiritual father of the late president and even whether president Mills “faith in TB Joshua’s healing power stopped him seeking a more comprehensive treatment for his throat cancer”.

But, though President Mills and Prophet T.B. Joshua shared a spiritual relationship, we wonder how such could have amounted to the late president paying tithes to Prophet TB Joshua from the Ghanaian treasury? Was President Mills the only head of Government to ever make Joshua a spiritual partner? Or was it that Mills was so poor he had to depend on the Ghanaian treasury to pay tithes to a church? Have other world leaders no religions of theirs, to which they give their time and resources? Does that make them steal from their nations’ treasury to serve as tithes anywhere?
And as for his health, did Prof Mills not seek comprehensive treatment for his throat cancer, if that was what he had, in well–known hospitals? Was it documented anywhere that T.B Joshua stopped Prof Mills from seeking medical attention in any part of the world? Did Joshua tell the world that he stopped Prof Mills in seeking medical attention? Are the details not carefully spelt out in his recent sermon, titled “A True Prophet”?

Why also should anyone be concerned with how TB Joshua flew to Ghana as long as he paid his last respects to a great father, inspirer and leader being buried? And did Joshua ever suggest that Ghanaians should never “bother carrying out a probe on President Mills’ death”? Where did he say this, and to whom, and on what occasion?
It is good to remind writers of mischievous articles, who mock the dead, that God insists always: “Do not touch my anointed and do my prophets no harm”. Anybody who ever tries to assassinate the character and integrity of a man of God waits for His wrath, because it is known that TB Joshua does not possess a private jet. We sincerely acknowledge the genuine interest of those Ghanaians who truly see him as a man of God.

Meanwhile, let us wait on God alone to choose a spiritual motivator for the new President in Ghana, John Mahama.
It is equally important that these sponsored writers of diatribes should allow the dear President to rest in peace while they should acknowledge that Joshua is a deep lover of Ghana and he is not a politician contesting political posts. He is a revered man of God.

http://mattersarisingafrica./

Here is the video of what TB Joshua said last Sunday and some of his comments on the passing of the late president.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaQ0P0f4rrM
Re: Ghanaians Vilify TB Joshua Over Late Pres. Mills by Acidosis(m): 7:33pm On Aug 11, 2012
@^ ^ ^Thank you sir, I wonder what these rumour mongers really wants from false news.

T.B Joshua is loved by many Ghanians and Atta Mills has been a member of his church even before his presidential race. .so I wonder where the poster got that news from. . and who ever said T.B Joshua owns a private jet is really daft.
Re: Ghanaians Vilify TB Joshua Over Late Pres. Mills by slimming: 8:18pm On Aug 11, 2012
Let allow the dead to rest.
Re: Ghanaians Vilify TB Joshua Over Late Pres. Mills by amosy007: 9:25pm On Aug 11, 2012
Ur headline is misleading

how did they vilify tb joshua? undecided
Re: Ghanaians Vilify TB Joshua Over Late Pres. Mills by PhysicsQED(m): 9:30pm On Aug 11, 2012
While some Ghanaians revere TB Joshua as a true man of God, a host of others see him as a fraud and scam artist

The exact same thing can be said about Nigerians.
Re: Ghanaians Vilify TB Joshua Over Late Pres. Mills by wesley80(m): 10:12pm On Aug 11, 2012
PhysicsQED:

The exact same thing can be said about Nigerians.
We wouldn't be humans if it weren't so would we?

1 Like

Re: Ghanaians Vilify TB Joshua Over Late Pres. Mills by PhysicsQED(m): 11:13pm On Aug 11, 2012
wesley80:
We wouldn't be humans if it weren't so would we?

Are you a follower of TB Joshua or something? Just wondering.
Re: Ghanaians Vilify TB Joshua Over Late Pres. Mills by RickyRoss1(m): 5:39am On Aug 12, 2012
AM NOT GONNA TAKE SIDES WITH ANYONE HERE, BUT ONE THING IS SURE, NOT EVERY GHANAIAN LIKES TB JOSHUA JUST AS NOT EVERY NIGERIAN LOVES TB JOSHUA.
SOME GHANIANS CALL HIM SCAMMER, FAKE PROPHET, 419 ETC, THIS IS THE SAME NAME NIGERIANS CALL HIM, ESPECIALLY OUR YORUBAH BROTHERS.

I HAVE NO PROBLEMS WITH TB JOSHUA, I STILL THINK HE IS THE BEST PROPHET IN NIGERIA, NOT SURE WHY PEOPLE HATE HIM SO MUCH. THEY SAY HE USES SATANIC POWERS TO HEAL PEOPLE, BUT HEY HOW CAN ONE BE USING SATANIC POWER TO HEAL PEOPLE PEOPLE, HELP THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE AROUND THE WORLD, ORPHANS, WIDOWS, STREET CHILDREN ETC OK, WHAT ABOUT YOUR OWN PASTOR, HOW DO YOU KNOW WHICH POWERS HE IS USING? HOW MANY PEOPLE HAS YOUR OWN PASTOR HELPED/HEALED WITH HIS JESUS POWER? ABEG, MAKE WE NOR DEY TALK WETIN WE NO NO...

WHEN GHANAIANS COMPLAIN ABOUT TB JOSHUA I SIMPLY TELL THEM ITS NOT BY FORCE TO GO TO HIS CHURCH, IF U DONT LIKE HIM DONT GO TO HIS CHURCH. LAST TIME I CHECKED, MOST GHANAIAN PASTORS ARE FAKE AND THEY USE OCCULTIC POWER. ALL THE MOST POWERFUL PASTORS IN GHANA HAS BEEN SILENCED BY THE MOST POWERFUL JUJUMAN IN GHANA POPULARLY KNOWN AS NANA KOFFI BONSAM... NANA KOFFI BONSAM IS ALWAYS ON NATIONAL TV/NEWSPAPERS TELLING THE WHOLE WORLD HOW HE MADE THESE SO CALLED POWERFUL PASSTORS POPULAR AND HOW THEY TROOP TO HIS SHRINE TO GET POWERS FOR HEALING/ MIRACLES... GOOGLE HIS NAME AND SEE THINGS FOR YOURSELVES....
Re: Ghanaians Vilify TB Joshua Over Late Pres. Mills by wesley80(m): 8:49am On Aug 12, 2012
PhysicsQED:

Are you a follower of TB Joshua or something? Just wondering.
Wouldn't describe myself as a "follower" but I do catch his programmes often times on air and I watch with interest - I think you should also, at least then you can find a first hand reason to say the uncharitable things you've said about his person instead of the usual "dem say dem say" that fuels your ignorant criticisms. Not like I blame you though - used to be there myself!
Re: Ghanaians Vilify TB Joshua Over Late Pres. Mills by PhysicsQED(m): 3:11pm On Aug 13, 2012
^^^

lol, a man is acting as a prophet of doom and you're defending him because?
Re: Ghanaians Vilify TB Joshua Over Late Pres. Mills by wesley80(m): 3:31pm On Aug 13, 2012
PhysicsQED: ^^^

lol, a man is acting as a prophet of doom and you're defending him because?

This is the exact problem I was trying to point out - you don't know sheet about what you're criticizing. He churns out dozens of prophecies each service to individuals and restores hope to hundreds of ordinary people that were hitherto hopeless and you criticize him over a single prophecy that made NL's headline? Lay your pride aside and choose to be informed.
Re: Ghanaians Vilify TB Joshua Over Late Pres. Mills by KiKatanga: 4:29pm On Aug 13, 2012
I have to say this because this scares me: TB Joshua is a lying bullshit merchant, and even if you believe the word of Christ you do yourself no favours by accepting the words of this fraud.
Re: Ghanaians Vilify TB Joshua Over Late Pres. Mills by wesley80(m): 4:46pm On Aug 13, 2012
Ki-Katanga:
I have to say this because this scares me: TB Joshua is a lying bullshit merchant, and even if you believe the word of Christ you do yourself no favours by accepting the words of this fraud.

Reason? You can't just deep your hand into your behind and shout "Eureka", what have you got? let me guess, poo?
Re: Ghanaians Vilify TB Joshua Over Late Pres. Mills by PhysicsQED(m): 5:52pm On Aug 13, 2012
wesley80:
This is the exact problem I was trying to point out - you don't know sheet about what you're criticizing. He churns out dozens of prophecies each service to individuals and restores hope to hundreds of ordinary people that were hitherto hopeless and you criticize him over a single prophecy that made NL's headline? Lay your pride aside and choose to be informed.

Dude, this guy benefits financially from the services he provides, some of which are based on fraudulence, while STILL churning out prophecies of doom.
Re: Ghanaians Vilify TB Joshua Over Late Pres. Mills by wesley80(m): 9:21pm On Aug 13, 2012
PhysicsQED:

Dude, this guy benefits financially from the services he provides, some of which are based on fraudulence, while STILL churning out prophecies of doom.

So brilliant but yet so daft, such striking paradox, willful ignorance I'd presume. How is it that you'd choose to spend months researching ancient and extinct cultures diligently and glory in regaling us with your undoubted knowledge even when not requested but yet maligning an individual out of sheer and unbelievable ignorance doesn't prick your conscience? I used to believe the quest and hunger for knowledge transcends subject but then I met you!
Why don't you dedicate just a fraction of the time you'd spend studying some obscure Southern gypsy tribe no one really cares about into finding out something concrete about this fellow that would qualify him to be badgered by your likes in every thread? Just one I ask, surely I haven't asked for too much have I?
Re: Ghanaians Vilify TB Joshua Over Late Pres. Mills by PhysicsQED(m): 10:21pm On Aug 14, 2012
lmao, I don't know anything about gypsies

Anyway, the prophet of doom has put forward another warning:

http://www.informationnigeria.org/2012/08/prophet-tb-joshua-predicts-another-plane-crash-in-nigeria.html
Re: Ghanaians Vilify TB Joshua Over Late Pres. Mills by PhysicsQED(m): 10:27pm On Aug 14, 2012
wesley80:
Why don't you dedicate just a fraction of the time you'd spend studying some obscure Southern gypsy tribe no one really cares about into finding out something concrete about this fellow that would qualify him to be badgered by your likes in every thread? Just one I ask, surely I haven't asked for too much have I?

http://digitaljournal.com/article/313078

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/mobile/uk-england-london-14406818
Re: Ghanaians Vilify TB Joshua Over Late Pres. Mills by PhysicsQED(m): 9:12am On Aug 15, 2012
. . .
Re: Ghanaians Vilify TB Joshua Over Late Pres. Mills by Stallion77(f): 9:19am On Aug 15, 2012
Commentless.
Re: Ghanaians Vilify TB Joshua Over Late Pres. Mills by wesley80(m): 10:27am On Aug 15, 2012
PhysicsQED:

http://digitaljournal.com/article/313078

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/mobile/uk-england-london-14406818
That the best you could do? Was this how you got to know so much about the ancient Benin Empire - by reading two random articles from foreign news sources?
Re: Ghanaians Vilify TB Joshua Over Late Pres. Mills by PhysicsQED(m): 10:31am On Aug 15, 2012
wesley80:
That the best you could do? Was this how you got to know so much about the ancient Benin Empire - by reading two random articles from foreign news sources?

So do I have to get 20 articles from Nigerian news sources stating that, whatever good aspects it may have, there's definitely something seriously wrong with his organization before it's believable to you?
Re: Ghanaians Vilify TB Joshua Over Late Pres. Mills by wesley80(m): 10:49am On Aug 15, 2012
^ Use your head, I know you're among the lucky ones to have a functional one all I'm asking is that you put it to use. What do you think is fuelling this TB Joshua "deception" that is obvious to PhysicsQED but millions the world over including Presidents of nations can't see? If you're as smart as you think, you've got an opportunity to win someone over and the first step I assure you isn't pointing me to some poorly researched Sahara Reports based articles.
Re: Ghanaians Vilify TB Joshua Over Late Pres. Mills by Nobody: 10:58am On Aug 15, 2012
publisher: GHANAIANS VILIFY PROPHET TB JOSHUA.

Not a few Ghanaians are quietly hoping that their new President John Mahama does not also fall for TB Joshua's charm.

In truth, John Mahama would be following a well walked path if he were to succumb to the marabout addiction so many of Africa's political leaders fail to escape from, I think angry
Re: Ghanaians Vilify TB Joshua Over Late Pres. Mills by PhysicsQED(m): 10:59am On Aug 15, 2012
wesley80: ^ Use your head, I know you're among the lucky ones to have a functional one all I'm asking is that you put it to use. What do you think is fuelling this TB Joshua "deception" that is obvious to PhysicsQED but millions the world over including Presidents of nations can't see? If you're as smart as you think, you've got an opportunity to win someone over and the first step I assure you isn't pointing me to some poorly researched Sahara Reports based articles.

lol, so if some presidents approve of TB Joshua while some other people condemn him, I should automatically assume that those that approve of him are seeing things rightly because they're presidents? Everyone has the right to free speech, but attention seeking with prophecies of imminent disaster that don't help anyone qualifies him as a prophet of doom and I don't know why you're denying that.

How many "millions the world over" are fans of TB Joshua by the way?
Re: Ghanaians Vilify TB Joshua Over Late Pres. Mills by wesley80(m): 11:09am On Aug 15, 2012
^ You don't have to be evasive. I only asked you what u thought was fuelling the deception since you could see through it very easily. I'm curious, what's your religious inclination?
Re: Ghanaians Vilify TB Joshua Over Late Pres. Mills by PhysicsQED(m): 11:13am On Aug 15, 2012
wesley80: ^ You don't have to be evasive. I only asked you what u thought was fuelling the deception since you could see through it very easily. I'm curious, what's your religious inclination?

I think attention seeking on the part of TB Joshua is fueling the deception.

I'm not religious, but I'm not against belief in God or a higher power. What's your religious inclination?
Re: Ghanaians Vilify TB Joshua Over Late Pres. Mills by wesley80(m): 11:26am On Aug 15, 2012
PhysicsQED:

I'm not religious, but I'm not against belief in God or a higher power.

And you don't see that as too much of a paradox? How can you not be religious but believe in some higher power you don't really know? How do you mange it? Do you consider the term "agnostic" an unpleasant one? That one word wouldve spared you the embarrassment of defining yourself as someone that doesn't really know what to believe!
Maybe fiding out about the early life of TB Joshua would help you understand just how much attention the man has been seeking, BTW he preaches Christ and Salvation - yes I'm a Christian.
Re: Ghanaians Vilify TB Joshua Over Late Pres. Mills by KiKatanga: 11:32am On Aug 15, 2012
wesley80: ^ Use your head, I know you're among the lucky ones to have a functional one all I'm asking is that you put it to use. What do you think is fuelling this TB Joshua "deception" that is obvious to PhysicsQED but millions the world over including Presidents of nations can't see? If you're as smart as you think, you've got an opportunity to win someone over and the first step I assure you isn't pointing me to some poorly researched Sahara Reports based articles.

Sadly while millions can't see through it, it's millions of the same type of people. If you asked the average educated Christian anywhere in the world, they'd dismiss him out of hand. It is a specific type of African Christianity heavily influenced by Southern American Evangelism which reveres the preacher over the word and which is taught never to look at either the world or specifically religion critically that are convinced by vague proclamations which can later be correlated to independent events.

That said, in a similar but distinct community in America, there is a man named John Edward who does something similar without a bible -- ironically most African Christians would immediately see through this, but millions in America are naïvely or wilfully deceived by him too.

Deep down, people believe because they want to.

http://johnedward.net/
Re: Ghanaians Vilify TB Joshua Over Late Pres. Mills by wesley80(m): 11:42am On Aug 15, 2012
Ki-Katanga:

Sadly while millions can't see through it, it's millions of the same type of people. If you asked the average educated Christian anywhere in the world, they'd dismiss him out of hand. It is a specific type of African Christianity heavily influenced by Southern American Evangelism which reveres the preacher over the word and which is taught never to look at either the world or specifically religion critically that are convinced by vague proclamations which can later be correlated to independent events.

That said in a similar but distinct community in America, there is a man named John Edward who does something similar without a bible -- ironically most African Christians would immediately see through this, but millions in America are naïvely or wilfully deceived by him too.

Deep down, people believe because they want to.

http://johnedward.net/

Listen and listen good. Most folks who follow TB Joshua do not do so cos he made a prophecy about some shootings in Colorado or the death of a president or the pushing forward of an election even when it was constitutionally impossible but because they've got personal testimonies to share and have witnessed the manifestation of Gods power beyond foretelling events.
Re: Ghanaians Vilify TB Joshua Over Late Pres. Mills by KiKatanga: 11:46am On Aug 15, 2012
wesley80:

Listen and listen good. Most folks who follow TB Joshua do not do so cos he made a prophecy about some shootings in Colorado or the death of a president or the pushing forward of an election even when it was constitutionally impossible but because they've got personal testimonies to share and have witnessed the manifestation of Gods power beyond foretelling events.

Why do you follow him?
Re: Ghanaians Vilify TB Joshua Over Late Pres. Mills by PhysicsQED(m): 11:51am On Aug 15, 2012
wesley80:

And you don't see that as too much of a paradox? How can you not be religious but believe in some higher power you don't really know? How do you mange it? Do you consider the term "agnostic" an unpleasant one? That one word wouldve spared you the embarrassment of defining yourself as someone that doesn't really know what to believe!
Maybe fiding out about the early life of TB Joshua would help you understand just how much attention the man has been seeking, BTW he preaches Christ and Salvation - yes I'm a Christian.

Why would you deliberately twist my words?

I said I'm not against belief in God or a higher power. I don't know where you're getting this other stuff from.

I still consider the doom prophecies to be attention seeking. If you don't agree then fine, there's no point in dragging out any argument about that.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ifeanyi Ubah Sponsors TAN South-east Zonal Rally / Breaking: Boko Haram Holds Bama As Military Pounds Town With Massive Airstrike / President Goodluck Served in Osun State for Youth Service Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.