Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,675 members, 7,951,827 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 03:18 AM

Are These Really Jesus' Sayings And Were They Fulfilled? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are These Really Jesus' Sayings And Were They Fulfilled? (2601 Views)

Is That Really Jesus? By Reno Omokri / Yuzedo's Prophecies For 2014, Were They Fulfilled? / Is Michael The Archangel Really Jesus? (revelation 12:7) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are These Really Jesus' Sayings And Were They Fulfilled? by pilgrim1(f): 6:56am On Jan 03, 2008
@babs787,

babs787:

@pilgrim

Let me have where Muhammad started Islam and I will give you verses from the Quran telling you that those before him were Muslims and practised same but it wasd during his time that it was made complete (i.e five compulsory daily prayers etc).

So if you are ready for a debate on that, I am equally ready to lecture you

Nice one - but a very weak attempt to scurry away from the present bloviates you started here in order to cover up your inability to answer the same question on Muhammad's prophecy, abi? grin Sorry, just remain focused and pay close attention to the same question I offered you on Muhammad's "prophecy" about the "SOON" coming of Jesus Christ!

It's easy to run to skeptic websites and ferret your vexations from them against Jesus Christ. But when you are reminded that Muhammad "prophecy" of Jesus "SOON" coming has failed after 15 centuries, you pretend to no longer understand Islam! grin
Re: Are These Really Jesus' Sayings And Were They Fulfilled? by babs787(m): 10:36am On Jan 03, 2008
@pilgrim.1

Nice one - but a very weak attempt to scurry away from the present bloviates you started here in order to cover up your inability to answer the same question on Muhammad's prophecy, abi? Sorry, just remain focused and pay close attention to the same question I offered you on Muhammad's "prophecy" about the "SOON" coming of Jesus Christ!

It's easy to run to skeptic websites and ferret your vexations from them against Jesus Christ. But when you are reminded that Muhammad "prophecy" of Jesus "SOON" coming has failed after 15 centuries, you pretend to no longer understand Islam!

Should I take your above post as a sign of weakness? I posed some unfulfilled contradictions here but you couldnt say anything on those but only here to support your brother that asked question when you havent attended to my questions here. Common, I asked you questions first and you should answer me first before bringing yours. Note that you have used that strategy to avoid answering my questions in some threads when questions are being asked but you told me to answer you first before you would honor my own questions too. So here we go too.

cool cool
Re: Are These Really Jesus' Sayings And Were They Fulfilled? by pilgrim1(f): 8:45am On Jan 05, 2008
@babs787,

babs787:

Should I take your above post as a sign of weakness?

Only lazy people who cannot reason do so - especially when they assume that discussing any topic is all about entering into arguments from your bloviates. I don't make noise the way you do, babs787. . . that is why you assume that you can no longer read.

babs787:

I posed some unfulfilled contradictions here but you couldnt say anything on those but only here to support your brother that asked question when you havent attended to my questions here.

That is why I simply asked you to settle the UNFULFILLED contradiction in Muhammad's prophecy that has failed to materialize after 15 centuries! Did Muhammad not make the same kind of prophecies - YES or NO? Why have they failed after 15 centuries since he made them?

babs787:

Common, I asked you questions first and you should answer me first before bringing yours.

You don't really have to sound desperate and bring up this Islamic game of "answer me first". In other threads where I tried to reason with you and also asked questions, you ducked them and kept playing this game of "oya answer me first". You should long have realized that such Islamic games died a huge death the past year - and I have since notified that you take them back to your errand boys - such games do not work on pilgrim.1!

If you want a serious discussion, begin by answering this simple question: Did Muhammad not make the same kind of prophecies - YES or NO?

Be man enough to answer that simple queston, and then I shall oblige you answers to what you have missed in making those references and calling them contradictions. But if you're not man enough, please amuse me by playing the same games and ducking that one question.

babs787:

Note that you have used that strategy to avoid answering my questions in some threads when questions are being asked but you told me to answer you first before you would honor my own questions too. So here we go too.

I never used any strategy to avoid questions - and since you have made it your forte to demonstarte that you no longer exist on Nairaland, I simply put you on the ignore botton until you wake and stop the Muslim illiterate game of never answering questions when offered to Muslims.

If you are man enough, simply grow up and behave, and then I will take notice and serve you answers as well
Re: Are These Really Jesus' Sayings And Were They Fulfilled? by Solozzo(m): 1:09am On Jun 14, 2013
It would be difficult for any Christian to answer the questions the poster of this thread has posed because the religion is based on faith, and to say Christ, son of God said things that were not fulfilled would ache their hearts. It is either you say Christ was using words allegorically or that he lied or that he never said those words, never existed etc.

The fact is that in the first century christians were very anxious to see Christ return and punish his enemies particularly following the detruction of Jerusalem by the Romans in 70 AD, around when the gospels were written. Many of the words attributed to christ were composed by the authors of the gospels based on the beliefs held by Christians at that time. Even today many pastors still claim Christ would come soon, 666, the antichrist had come, we are in end times etc.

If you read the gospel of Thomas(a gnostic apocryphal text, not in the bible which contains only the sayings of Jesus) it is written that Christ said that the kingdom of God is not in heaven but within us And that it is spread invisibly across the world. It comes to you when you are redeemed, find it yourself. You are at peace feelings of divinity and perfection in you This is the Christian gnostic view. These ideas indicated that there were many views about Christ who Christ was and his life story. Those that met the agenda of the Catholic Church in the fourth century became the bible gospels. The rest were thrown out. Indeed it is said that there were up to 200 gospels in the second century.

More recently some experts Say that the Christ is a myth representing our own divinity and that he was never an earthy human at any time, but a great spirit who dwells within us and comes manifest to us when we seek knowledge, perfection and divinity.

So the kingdom of God will not come as a literal vast eathly or heavenly empire, but as an individual state of mind. It comes everyday to people. It is your choice to make it come to you before you taste death. The choice is yours.

(1) (2) (Reply)

It Is A Miracle - A Miracle Happened To Me Today - Jesus Is Real And Very Great / Where Is Mrs Oyaks? / My Neigbhor, A Second Wife Needs My Prayers. Should I Pray?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.