Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,209 members, 7,884,205 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 06:15 AM

Is marriage In The Registry Enough To Prove One Is Married? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is marriage In The Registry Enough To Prove One Is Married? (1271 Views)

After 5 Years The Prophesy Of Her Real Man Has Come To Pass, "But She Is Married / Help! My Hubby Is Married With Kids And I Never Knew! / Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is marriage In The Registry Enough To Prove One Is Married? by angiemartinez(f): 10:54pm On Aug 11, 2012
hello nairalanders, pls i really need advice. My fiance wants us to get married in the registry since we cannot aford an elaborate wedding for now.
My question now, is the registry enough to be married, or should we just wait till we can aford the traditional? And also wants the best outfit for registry? Tenks alot
Re: Is marriage In The Registry Enough To Prove One Is Married? by Kobojunkie: 11:27pm On Aug 11, 2012
um . . . Church/mosque/ifa/sango/guru maharaji marriage DOES NOT PROVE you are married. Signing the registry does.
Re: Is marriage In The Registry Enough To Prove One Is Married? by Lolaabokoku(f): 11:34pm On Aug 11, 2012
Kobojunkie: um . . . Church/mosque/ifa/sango/guru maharaji marriage DOES NOT PROVE you are married. Signing the registry does.
Oh yes registry is still the best marriage of all.. @ porter Go on and register your marriage and am wishing you a happy married life.. Cheers
Re: Is marriage In The Registry Enough To Prove One Is Married? by Nobody: 9:53am On Aug 12, 2012
Depends on who you are trying to "prove" to. If its to your self, spouse, legal System and the future of your Children and make them legally recognised fruits of your union then yes registary is enough and all you need. If you are trying to "prove" to all the people you want to show that you too now have a husband then wait till you have the money you need to put up the kind of show you want.
The truth is the registery wedding is the only one that proves you as a legally married couple the other ones are just for show and to satisfy our African vanity.
You and your fiancee don't have money and instead of planning for real life situations like housing, a good business and some money generating activity you are more concerned with putting up a show for one day. We wonder why we are so underdeveloped.

1 Like

Re: Is marriage In The Registry Enough To Prove One Is Married? by Nobody: 9:56am On Aug 12, 2012
Forgive my harshness, we just need to give each other reality checks sometimes. Live within your means, plan for the future, don't get carried away with show.
As for the outfit, a nice simple semi coperate semi sexy gown can serve the purpose.

1 Like

Re: Is marriage In The Registry Enough To Prove One Is Married? by Kobojunkie: 10:03am On Aug 12, 2012
@Poster, those who opt for registry marriage, have a higher chance of staying together longer than those who opt for the big church/mosque/traditional etc. marriages.
Re: Is marriage In The Registry Enough To Prove One Is Married? by jiogah(m): 1:11pm On Aug 12, 2012
Personally I'l prefer Church, no mata how lil it will b, but trust ladies na, registry any day any time,
Re: Is marriage In The Registry Enough To Prove One Is Married? by Kobojunkie: 1:19pm On Aug 12, 2012
jiogah: Personally I'l prefer Church, no mata how lil it will b, but trust ladies na, registry any day any time,

You do know that the church wedding idea does not really come from the Bible? undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Is marriage In The Registry Enough To Prove One Is Married? by Tgirl4real(f): 4:53pm On Aug 13, 2012
Marriage in registry is recognized by the law, thus it is legally binding.
Re: Is marriage In The Registry Enough To Prove One Is Married? by angiemartinez(f): 6:28pm On Aug 13, 2012
tenks y'll 4 all d contributions, its geting clearer now. Tenks
Re: Is marriage In The Registry Enough To Prove One Is Married? by omosexy1: 6:50pm On Aug 13, 2012
To be frank that is the real marriage. The rest are ceremonies.
Re: Is marriage In The Registry Enough To Prove One Is Married? by sholavick(f): 8:34pm On Aug 13, 2012
omosexy1: To be frank that is the real marriage. The rest are ceremonies.

(Quote author=sholavick)I got married @ the registry too and had a little introdution. U can do all u want at d registry too but not making it too elaborate. u can call some of ur family members and friends and cut ur cake too. All of dis really doesn't cost much like church weddings and it helps to save money. And a simple white gown sown by a good tailor/ a native dress wth gele will definitely suite the occasion. Its not even about an elaborate wedding but having a peaceful marriage And mind u legal marriage secures all u will both have in the future.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Should I Go Ahead And Propose / Dog Carries Baby To Safety After Finding Her Left For Dead In Roadside Dump / Man Stabbed Wife To Death After Catching Her With Another Man In The Bush

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.