Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,948 members, 7,896,047 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 01:41 AM

The Catholic Position. Dont They Have A Point? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Catholic Position. Dont They Have A Point? (6781 Views)

The Six Catholic Seminarians Lying In State. Rip (Photo) / The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real / Why Dont Jehovah Witness Members Carry Only Hand Bags.y Dont They Carry Back Bag (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Catholic Position. Dont They Have A Point? by truthislight: 9:07am On Aug 14, 2012
chukwudi44: The bible by definition is a collection of canonised scriptures.it implies that the bible never existed until the fourth century by the catholic church.the term bible and scriptures do not mean the same

error.

The bible means little books.
Couse its a collection of little books that made up the bible.
Re: The Catholic Position. Dont They Have A Point? by Nobody: 10:25am On Aug 14, 2012
truthislight:

other books that were in circulation were not written by the apostles.

Were not taken as the words of the apostle by the christians then.

Since they were not the writing by the apostle they were not among the ones that the christians considered as The word of God, 2thessolonian 2:13

canonization can not add other books that are not guarded as the words of the apostle cause it will be rejected by the christians cause they already Have the words of the apostle in there churches that they have been studying and learning from befor 4CE all over the churches that apostle paul preach to and even the Jewish christian.

This books were guarded as treasures, they were ready to die for them.

Which christians are you talking about? Are referring to the montanists,docetists,nicolaitans,marcionists e.t.c
You obviously have no knowlege about the history of christianity.FYI multiple christian sects arose each with their own unique beleifs and scriptures.There was nothing like a common canon.All sorts of writings were flying about including about 18 gospels each purpoetedly written by the apostles.
Re: The Catholic Position. Dont They Have A Point? by christemmbassey(m): 10:52am On Aug 14, 2012
frosbel:

Of all the traits you mentioned, I hope you know that Christ Embassy tops the list especially with regard to scamming and worldliness.

my name is Christ's Emm bassey (Emmanuel Bassey) NOT "CHRIST EMBASSY" now if you have any problem with Christ Embassy church go ahead n meet them but pls leave me out of it.
Re: The Catholic Position. Dont They Have A Point? by Enigma(m): 10:53am On Aug 14, 2012
chukwudi44: @enigma

I never said apostles practised baptism of the dead,Paul did and I was merely quoting him.

There is nothing in that passage that suggests paul was referring to a pagan practise.It has no precedent in the bible for an apostle to resort to pagan practises to justify christian beleifs

@Chukwudi44

I think you need to correct/modify an earlier post of yours because on reading back I see that you actually did say that the apostles practised baptism for the dead. smiley
Re: The Catholic Position. Dont They Have A Point? by mkmyers45(m): 11:10am On Aug 14, 2012
truthislight:

error.

The bible means little books.
Couse its a collection of little books that made up the bible.

Huh? care to explain? Chukwudi's definition was right
Re: The Catholic Position. Dont They Have A Point? by truthislight: 11:30am On Aug 14, 2012
chukwudi44:

Which christians are you talking about? Are referring to the montanists,docetists,nicolaitans,marcionists e.t.c
You obviously have no knowlege about the history of christianity.FYI multiple christian sects arose each with their own unique beleifs and scriptures.There was nothing like a common canon.All sorts of writings were flying about including about 18 gospels each purpoetedly written by the apostles.

you have then taken in too many lies that you have been fed, with that it has destroyed you faith in the bible.

Does it make sens to you that a group or a church produce a set of books that they considered original and refuse to follow it and end up sticking with the fake or the ones having questions of originality called traditions?

They even left the book in a dead language latin for centuries as to prevent people from being able to read it.

They even killed those who attempt to translate it.

They also killed those who own it.

They also killed those who reads it.

Is all this not an irony?

I have so much on this histories that i dont wish to bring it here cause it may have the opposite effect, and not on this thread.

Though this are already very obvious facts.

It will be honesty if they should stick to their usual antics against the bible instead of trying to tell us that they own/produce/protect the bible.

Do you do or think it was God's will by locking off a book that God said should go to all the nations? Matthew 24:14 and 28:18-20

It was after so many people have lost their life translating/read the bible and you know it cant be stop that you have this your new stand as not to loose face.
Peace

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Position. Dont They Have A Point? by truthislight: 11:32am On Aug 14, 2012
mkmyers45:

Huh? care to explain? Chukwudi's definition was right

ok, i will, i have to run along now.
I Shall be back.
Re: The Catholic Position. Dont They Have A Point? by christemmbassey(m): 12:12pm On Aug 14, 2012
truthislight:

you have then taken in too many lies that you have been fed, with that it has destroyed you faith in the bible.

Does it make sens to you that a group or a church produce a set of books that they considered original and refuse to follow it and end up sticking with the fake or the ones having questions of originality called traditions?

They even left the book in a dead language latin for centuries as to prevent people from being able to read it.

I have so much on this histories that i dont wish to bring it here cause it may have the opposite effect, and not on this thread.

It will be honesty if they should stick to their usual antics against the bible instead of trying to tell us that they own/produce/protect the bible.

Do you do or think it was God's will by locking off a book that God said should go to all the nations? Nath 24:14 and 28:18-20

It was after so many people have lost their life translating/read the bible and you know it cant be stop that you have this your new stand as not to loose face.
Peace
These RCC ppl wetin them de argue sef, them no de shame? With all their gay priests rampaging and destroying boys? Worshiping stones and dead ppl with their knights (night) cults. My prayer is that the light of the gospel of our Lord Jesus will shine into rcc and set the sincere ignorant ppl free who tro accident of birth or location found themselves in this prison.
Re: The Catholic Position. Dont They Have A Point? by mkmyers45(m): 12:19pm On Aug 14, 2012
christemmbassey: These RCC ppl wetin them de argue sef, them no de shame? With all their gay priests rampaging and destroying boys? Worshiping stones and dead ppl with their knights (night) cults. My prayer is that the light of the gospel of our Lord Jesus will shine into rcc and set the sincere ignorant ppl free who tro accident of birth or location found themselves in this prison.

Shut your mouth joooor angry angry angry angry

Are protestants any better? SMH at your following of pastors that self-service over tithes....

mtswwwww

2 Likes

Re: The Catholic Position. Dont They Have A Point? by christemmbassey(m): 1:03pm On Aug 14, 2012
mkmyers45:

Shut your mouth joooor angry angry angry angry

Are protestants any better? SMH at your following of pastors that self-service over tithes....

mtswwwww
U ppl shnuld stop this wickedness allow d priests 2 marry so that they can stop this satanic practice, u ppl make them gaypriests and lesbian sisters, ask anyone who's ever attended rcc boarding schools etc. Don't insult ppl because the truth must b told. The atrocities of the rcc is common knowledge to anyone who has attended sec school history class. And the exploits of d gay priests is currently rocking the vetican, u should b ashamed instead of looking 4 partners in the rascal gang called pentiticostals/protestants 2 rationalize ur pervertions. MAY GOD HELP u.
Re: The Catholic Position. Dont They Have A Point? by Nobody: 1:08pm On Aug 14, 2012
[/quote]

Do you do or think it was God's will by locking off a book that God said should go to all the nations? Nath 24:14 and 28:18-20

Peace[quote]

You just confirmed yourself as an olodo.Multiple christian sects existed with their separate scriptures eventually the RCC came up with their own sect of scriptures which they called bible.You do not believe the RCC yet you cling tenaciously to the set of scriptures they compiled. You are here quoting Nathan for me because it was canonized.Why don't you quote other books like Enoch which was not canonized
Re: The Catholic Position. Dont They Have A Point? by mkmyers45(m): 1:11pm On Aug 14, 2012
christemmbassey: U ppl shnuld rtop this wickedness allow d priests 2 so that they stop this satanic practice, u ppl make them gaypriest and lesbian sisters, ask anyone ever attendf rcc boarding schools etc. Don't insult ppl because the truth must b told. The atrocities of the rcc is common knowledge to anyone who has attended sec school history class. And the exploits of d gay priests is currently rocking the vetican, u should b ashamed instead of looking 4 partners in the rascal gang called pentiticostals/protestants 2 rationalize ur pervertions. MAY GOD HELP u.

Now am sure that you've completely run mad..who forces anyone to be a priest? Is it by force or by choice? Mr Man I am not a catholican but stop embarrassing yourself by talking rubbish...the remaining sins of the church is committed by who abi na RCC dey do all?

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Position. Dont They Have A Point? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Aug 14, 2012
chukwudi44: The bible by definition is a collection of canonised scriptures.it implies that the bible never existed until the fourth century by the catholic church.the term bible and scriptures do not mean the same

Depends on what you mean by the bible.

The bible is simply scripture.

Scripture in both the old and new testament formats always existed. The catholic church only got involved in the collection of these already existing scripture into one compact version.

The catholic church did not write the bible , they did not inspire it, they were only involved at certain stages in the recommendation on which scripture to add or remove from the final version.

It is obvious that they removed quite a few key biblical statements and added a long list of heretical gnostic books called the apocrypha .

Anyway , it is the Holy Spirit who controls the hearts of Kings, he turns their hearts in any direction that pleases him.
Re: The Catholic Position. Dont They Have A Point? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Aug 14, 2012
chukwudi44:

Peace

You just confirmed yourself as an olodo.Multiple christian sects existed with their separate scriptures eventually the RCC came up with their own sect of scriptures which they called bible.You do not believe the RCC yet you cling tenaciously to the set of scriptures they compiled. You are here quoting Nathan for me because it was canonized.Why don't you quote other books like Enoch which was not canonized

Again you lie, not surprised though the pope and priests do it all the time.

The bible is not a product of the catholic church but a God given, God inspired set of scripture for the purpose of saving mankind and delivering him into a new kingdom wherein dwells righteousness.

Stop attributing glory to an apostate cult called the RCC.
Re: The Catholic Position. Dont They Have A Point? by mkmyers45(m): 1:23pm On Aug 14, 2012
frosbel:

Scripture in both the old and new testament formats always existed. The catholic church only got involved in the collection of these already existing scripture into one compact version.

The catholic church did not write the bible , they did not inspire it, they were only involved at certain stages in the recommendation on which scripture to add or remove from the final version.

It is obvious that they removed quite a few key biblical statements and added a long list of heretical gnostic books called the apocrypha .

Anyway , it is the Holy Spirit who controls the hearts of Kings, he turns their hearts in any direction that pleases him.

@Bolded 1: To what extent? You cannot rule out a large scale manipulation of the scripture since you weren't there

@Bolded 2: Like what and what please?

@Bolded 3: heretical? I don't understand...What qualifies a book as scripture?
Re: The Catholic Position. Dont They Have A Point? by Enigma(m): 1:27pm On Aug 14, 2012
frosbel:

A lot also depends on how one interpretes "catholic Church" . The Roman Catholic Church (now sometimes misleadingly called the Catholic Church) is not the same as the [b]c[/b]atholic Church (note the small C). Beyond that there are other Christians who call themselves too "Catholic" but who are different from the Roman Catholic Church (though some in communion with the RCC) and who date back at least as far and if not even beyond the Roman Catholic Church. smiley

cool
Re: The Catholic Position. Dont They Have A Point? by christemmbassey(m): 1:30pm On Aug 14, 2012
mkmyers45:

Now am sure that you've completely run mad..who forces anyone to be a priest? Is it by force or by choice? Mr Man I am not a catholican but stop embarrassing yourself by talking rubbish...the remaining sins of the church is committed by who abi na RCC dey do all?
Re: The Catholic Position. Dont They Have A Point? by christemmbassey(m): 1:32pm On Aug 14, 2012
mkmyers45:

GO TO ISLAM SECTION, THIS SECTION IS FOR XTIANS N NOT 4 ISLAMISTS OR BOKO HARAM. Mallam pls vamouse.
Re: The Catholic Position. Dont They Have A Point? by mkmyers45(m): 1:35pm On Aug 14, 2012
christemmbassey: GO TO ISLAM SECTION, THIS SECTION IS FOR XTIANS N NOT 4 ISLAMISTS OR BOKO HARAM. Mallam pls vamouse.

Mr Man

I am not a muslim so whats itching you?

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Position. Dont They Have A Point? by christemmbassey(m): 2:11pm On Aug 14, 2012
mkmyers45:

Mr Man

I am not a muslim so whats itching you?
U R NOT A catholican, not a protestan n not a moslem what r u? Animist? Cultist' secret societist? Etc. Pls u can ask Seun 2 open another sub-section for u. But to me u sound like a boko haramist by d insults u r dishing out.
Re: The Catholic Position. Dont They Have A Point? by mkmyers45(m): 2:15pm On Aug 14, 2012
christemmbassey: U R NOT A catholican, not a protestan n not a moslem what r u? Animist? Cultist' secret societist? Etc. Pls u can ask Seun 2 open another sub-section for u. But to me u sound like a boko haramist by d insults u r dishing out.

Haha...and who told you i'm not a protestant? Mr Man stop making assumption because you're not up to it.....You definitely don't know your onions so i ask again...what exactly do you have against the roman catholic church?
Re: The Catholic Position. Dont They Have A Point? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Aug 14, 2012
truthislight:

other books that were in circulation were not written by the apostles.

Were not taken as the words of the apostle by the christians then.

Since they were not the writing by the apostle they were not among the ones that the christians considered as The word of God, 2thessolonian 2:13

canonization can not add other books that are not guarded as the words of the apostle cause it will be rejected by the christians cause they already Have the words of the apostle in there churches that they have been studying and learning from befor 4CE all over the churches that apostle paul preach to and even the Jewish christian.

This books were guarded as treasures, they were ready to die for them.
when paul wrote that thesalonians you quoted, the book of rev was not written at that time. So if the books paul said the christians accepted are the only ones that are scriptures then the book of rev shouldnt be in the bible! Rev was written about 98AD

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Position. Dont They Have A Point? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Aug 14, 2012
christemmbassey: U ppl shnuld stop this wickedness allow d priests 2 marry so that they can stop this satanic practice, u ppl make them gaypriests and lesbian sisters, ask anyone who's ever attended rcc boarding schools etc. Don't insult ppl because the truth must b told. The atrocities of the rcc is common knowledge to anyone who has attended sec school history class. And the exploits of d gay priests is currently rocking the vetican, u should b ashamed instead of looking 4 partners in the rascal gang called pentiticostals/protestants 2 rationalize ur pervertions. MAY GOD HELP u.
i attended a catholic school and it was not reported what you are saying.
Re: The Catholic Position. Dont They Have A Point? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Aug 14, 2012
frosbel:

they have never said they wrote the bible or inspire it. They only say that they compiled it and you are agreeing to that today. Thas a turn around from your usual absolute anticatholicism
Re: The Catholic Position. Dont They Have A Point? by christemmbassey(m): 3:13pm On Aug 14, 2012
souldust: i attended a catholic school and it was not reported what you are saying.
Did u attend an rcc all-male boarding school where the principal was an rcc priest? N u tell me that homosexuality was not a problem? Where did the senior students learned the sexual abuse of d junior boys from? Don't u know that it was from the priest/principal?
Re: The Catholic Position. Dont They Have A Point? by mkmyers45(m): 3:16pm On Aug 14, 2012
christemmbassey: Did u attend an rcc all-male boarding school where the principal was an rcc priest? N u tell me that homosexuality was not a problem? Where did the senior students learned the sexual abuse of d junior boys from? Don't u know that it was from the priest/principal?

huh? Look did any body molest you?
Re: The Catholic Position. Dont They Have A Point? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Aug 14, 2012
christemmbassey: Did u attend an rcc all-male boarding school where the principal was an rcc priest? N u tell me that homosexuality was not a problem? Where did the senior students learned the sexual abuse of d junior boys from? Don't u know that it was from the priest/principal?
its was an all boys and yes the principal was a priest and there was no record of things like that. Pls dont say i am not saying the truth because rumurs do spread. If it happened, we would have known
Re: The Catholic Position. Dont They Have A Point? by christemmbassey(m): 3:32pm On Aug 14, 2012
mkmyers45:

Haha...and who told you i'm not a protestant? Mr Man stop making assumption because you're not up to it.....You definitely don't know your onions so i ask again...what exactly do you have against the roman catholic church?
Now that u claim 2 b a xtian will u b civil in ur posts otherwise i'd sugest u go 2 another section.. Now i don' v anything against d rcc, i only want them 2 accept their mistakes which is replet in history n 4 which d pope had apologised openly, stop worshiping stones n d dead ppl they call saint/ancestors and make efforts to stop gay priests from intimate abuse of boys instead of arguing a shamful legacy.
Re: The Catholic Position. Dont They Have A Point? by mkmyers45(m): 3:42pm On Aug 14, 2012
christemmbassey: Now that u claim 2 b a xtian will u b civil in ur posts otherwise i'd sugest u go 2 another section.. Now i don' v anything against d rcc, i only want them 2 accept their mistakes which is replet in history n 4 which d pope had apologised openly, stop worshiping stones n d dead ppl they call saint/ancestors and make efforts to stop gay priests from intimate abuse of boys instead of arguing a shamful legacy.

and who told you i'm a christian? and when will pentecostals accept their mistake of peddling false doctrines and miracles?

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Position. Dont They Have A Point? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Aug 14, 2012
@christemmbassy

Who will apologise for the intimate abuse carried out pentecostal churches.Because as you know even the pentecostals are not left out of this scandal

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Position. Dont They Have A Point? by christemmbassey(m): 5:20pm On Aug 14, 2012
chukwudi44: @christemmbassy

Who will apologise for the intimate abuse carried out pentecostal churches.Because as you know even the pentecostals are not left out of this scandal
Everyman must carry his own cross.
Re: The Catholic Position. Dont They Have A Point? by christemmbassey(m): 5:33pm On Aug 14, 2012
mkmyers45:

and who told you i'm a christian? and when will pentecostals accept their mistake of peddling false doctrines and miracles?
that is d greatest tragedy when a man dos'nt know who he is. M if u r not a xtian how can u understand what we r talking about? That was y i sugested that u should leave this section earlier mr go 2 islam, animist, cults infact there is a thread on church of satan u can join them cos u r not making meaning here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Is It Impossible For Prophet TB Joshua To Use Demonic Power To Do Healing / This Verses In The Bible Shows Jesus Was Not Crucified / If Adam And Eve Were First Humans How Did Other Races Come About

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.