Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,744 members, 7,969,181 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 09:40 PM

What Atheist Dont Believe In - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Atheist Dont Believe In (1675 Views)

So You Dont Believe In God? / Why Are Atheists Obsessed With A God They Dont Believe In? / In Case You Dont Believe in Miracle, Read My Testimony. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Atheist Dont Believe In by Nobody: 9:32am On Aug 12, 2012
Many people confuse Atheist with agnostics and the likes. This thread is to set the record straight in what Atheist dont believe in so people will get the idea. so what are the ideas, beliefs, superstitions, myths that Atheist dont believe in?

1. Jesus
2.God
3.Allah
4. Miracles
5.Spirits
6.Angels
7.Satan
8.. . . . . . . please continue
Re: What Atheist Dont Believe In by onetrack(m): 10:31am On Aug 12, 2012
-Bible
-Quran
-juju
-afterlife
-heaven
-hell
Re: What Atheist Dont Believe In by Nobody: 10:38am On Aug 12, 2012
A) pastor chris 'TAKE IT'
B) t.b joshua and 3 wisemen funny deliverance sessions
Re: What Atheist Dont Believe In by Nobody: 11:40am On Aug 12, 2012
U don't need a thread for this. You can just search for the definition of both terms.

But simply put, Atheists believe there is no supreme being (God) that created man, the universe, or anything else. While Agnostics believe the existence of a supreme being (God) is unknown because it cannot be proved or because human knowledge is not advanced enough to prove its existence or not.

Me, I believe in God and I believe Jesus christ is the son of God. I also believe in the holy spirit. And all of them exist together as the Trinity (God the father, God the son, and God the Holy spirit). I believe they all exist in the spirit realm which is unimaginable by the human mind.

I believe there was once a connection between the spirit realm and the physical realm called the Garden of Eden (where man was first made and could see and communicate with God directly. Read Genesis), but this connection has been cut off by God because of man's sin.

I now believe the only way there can be communication between the spirit and the physical realm is through: 1. Prayer. 2. The possession of a human body (e.g when Jesus came in a human body born by Mary or when the holy spirit takes control of a human in other to pass a message. E.g possessing 'SOME' pastors. Other examples are biblical prophets/preachers. E.g elijah, paul) and also 3. Through visions and 4. Through 'some' dreams.

2 Likes

Re: What Atheist Dont Believe In by MrAnony1(m): 12:02pm On Aug 12, 2012
diluminati: Many people confuse Atheist with agnostics and the likes. This thread is to set the record straight in what Atheist dont believe in so people will get the idea. so what are the ideas, beliefs, superstitions, myths that Atheist dont believe in?

1. Jesus
2.God
3.Allah
4. Miracles
5.Spirits
6.Angels
7.Satan

Interesting. . .please what do atheists believe in?
Re: What Atheist Dont Believe In by Areaboy2(m): 12:22pm On Aug 12, 2012
Mr_Anony:

y do you keep confusing yourselves chasing white peacocks?. Using the word "belief" is for religionists and their apologetics!

don't get it twisted undecided
Re: What Atheist Dont Believe In by MrAnony1(m): 12:26pm On Aug 12, 2012
Area_boy:

y do you keep confusing yourselves chasing white peacocks?. Using the word "belief" is for religionists and their apologetics!

Lol, mind you it was diluminati that started with the word "believe". I was only responding accordingly.
Re: What Atheist Dont Believe In by onetrack(m): 12:32pm On Aug 12, 2012
Mr_Anony:

Empiricism, basically. Show me the goods. Life is here and now.
Re: What Atheist Dont Believe In by cyrexx: 12:34pm On Aug 12, 2012
Re: What Atheist Dont Believe In by Areaboy2(m): 12:44pm On Aug 12, 2012
lol. cyrexx you do have loads of videos cheesy.

I hope they can learn with visual aids too. cos when we type, most of them find it difficult to read and understand grin
Re: What Atheist Dont Believe In by cyrexx: 1:03pm On Aug 12, 2012
Area_boy: lol. cyrexx you do have loads of videos cheesy.

I hope they can learn with visual aids too. cos when we type, most of them find it difficult to read and understand grin

thank you very much.

it can be tiresome trying to educate those people whose religion demand of them that they must reject any objective evidence and truths that contradicts their faith or else they risk "losing" their salvation.

but this is a public forum, unlike their places of worship where independent thinking is discouraged in favor of acceptance of religious dogma.

cheers, bro.

cool
Re: What Atheist Dont Believe In by Enigma(m): 1:42pm On Aug 12, 2012
Mr_Anony:

Well, they recently held a "Reason Rally" at which they outlined some of their "beliefs" and so on. smiley

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/24/atheist-rally_n_1377443.html

cool
Re: What Atheist Dont Believe In by buzugee(m): 1:47pm On Aug 12, 2012
diluminati: Many people confuse Atheist with agnostics and the likes. This thread is to set the record straight in what Atheist dont believe in so people will get the idea. so what are the ideas, beliefs, superstitions, myths that Atheist dont believe in?

1. Jesus
2.God
3.Allah
4. Miracles
5.Spirits
6.Angels
7.Satan
who cares ? you are all heathens. the whole lot of ya. be it atheist or schmateist or agnostic or crapnostic
Re: What Atheist Dont Believe In by Nobody: 2:27pm On Aug 12, 2012
Area_boy:

aaaah ba! Even a primary 6 pupil will laugh at you. So believe don turn religious word? Mr Intellectual.
Re: What Atheist Dont Believe In by Nobody: 2:33pm On Aug 12, 2012
@topic
chariots of fire taking Elijah to the skies.

This is one mythical 'supernatural incident' recorded in the bible, but for more than 5, 000 years nothing like this as ever happened recorded in modern history. Stuffs like this atheists see as tales by moonlight.
Re: What Atheist Dont Believe In by Nobody: 2:36pm On Aug 12, 2012
Snake talking in common language in the book of genesis.
The thought of this just keeps me laughing.
Re: What Atheist Dont Believe In by plaetton: 2:50pm On Aug 12, 2012
diluminati: Snake talking in common language in the book of genesis.
The thought of this just keeps me laughing.

To support this belief, Ihedinobi asked me how I was certain that snakes did not talk. In other words, He demanded proof from me that snakes did not talk.
Can you believe these guys?

4 Likes

Re: What Atheist Dont Believe In by Nobody: 3:59pm On Aug 12, 2012
plaetton:

To support this belief, Ihedinobi asked me how I was certain that snakes did not talk. In other words, He demanded proof from me that snakes did not talk.
oh my backside. Laff wan kill me
Re: What Atheist Dont Believe In by MacDaddy01: 4:11pm On Aug 12, 2012
plaetton:

LMAO
Re: What Atheist Dont Believe In by MrAnony1(m): 5:42pm On Aug 12, 2012
onetrack:

Empiricism, basically. Show me the goods. Life is here and now.
Good for you.....now can you empirically account for beauty, goodness, love e.t.c? because these are the sort of questions religion and philosophy try to answer.

For me I'll say I favor rationalism. Every theory must make sense.
Re: What Atheist Dont Believe In by MrAnony1(m): 5:49pm On Aug 12, 2012
plaetton:

The funny thing is that the bible claims these "extraordinary events" as extraordinary events and not as common everyday occurrences. When the bible describes a miracle, it does not try to make it seem like an everyday event else it wouldn't be worth mentioning.
When you disbelieve such events, all you are really saying is that it is beyond your experience and to immediately brand something as untrue simply because it is beyond your experience is a bad form of ignorance.
Re: What Atheist Dont Believe In by MacDaddy01: 5:51pm On Aug 12, 2012
Mr_Anony:
The funny thing is that the bible claims these "extraordinary events" as extraordinary events and not as common everyday occurrences. When the bible describes a miracle, it does not try to make it seem like an everyday event else it wouldn't be worth mentioning.
When you disbelieve such events, all you are really saying is that it is beyond your experience and to immediately brand something as untrue simply because it is beyond your experience is a bad form of ignorance.

Beyond experience? LMAO.....have you experienced a worldwide flood or a talking snake, yourself?

These extraordinary events are lacking extraordinary evidence and are beyond logic or common sense.
Re: What Atheist Dont Believe In by 2good(m): 6:12pm On Aug 12, 2012

1. Jesus
2.God
3.Allah
4. Miracles
5.Spirits
6.Angels
7.Satan

I'll call myself an Agnostic Atheist because even though I don't believe in any of the above, I still don't rule out a remote possibility that there could be some supernatural being. But pending when there is evidence for that, I still refuse to believe. But all religious gods are false and don't exist because they are all man made.
Re: What Atheist Dont Believe In by kokabiel(f): 6:28pm On Aug 12, 2012
Atheists Dis-believe anything Religious, Mythical, Spiritual and LSD-induced
Re: What Atheist Dont Believe In by Areaboy2(m): 6:42pm On Aug 12, 2012
diluminati:
aaaah ba! Even a primary 6 pupil will laugh at you. So believe don turn religious word? Mr Intellectual.

awww you got me wrong hun!

How do you feel when a religionists tells you "If you don't believe in god, then what do you believe in?". when the whole idea is a lack of believe under the context given.

So using the word belief here makes no sense when my stance is a lack of it in the first place.
Re: What Atheist Dont Believe In by mazaje(m): 6:59pm On Aug 12, 2012
Mr_Anony:

The problem is all these events ONLY happen on the pages of story books, men walking on water, healing amputees, virgin birth, global flood, dead people rising and walking all over the streets, men living inside a fish for days etc. . .Men were only building tower to reach the heavens and stars fighting along side men happen only in the pages of story books, they do NOT happen in real life that is why they are called fiction and myths. . .The bible is mainly fiction and myth just as superman is. . .Most of the things reported are NOT real. . .Even Jesus PROMISED those of you that believe in him the ability to do greater things than were written about him for just believing in him. . .The day you or any lying christian that talks about miracles will heal an amputee and restore his limbs back to the way it was in the name of Jesus as PROMISED that will be the day I will beging to take you guys seriously, until then yiu can keep giving excuses for agelong myths and fictions. . .

plaetton:

Of course snakes talk. . .But the only talk in stories not in reality. . .
Re: What Atheist Dont Believe In by manmustwac(m): 7:50pm On Aug 12, 2012

1. Jesus
2.God
3.Allah
4. Miracles
5.Spirits
6.Angels
7.Satan
I don't believe in any of this
onetrack: -Bible
-Quran
-juju
-afterlife
-heaven
-hell
or this
I also don't believe in Pastor Chris and his healing school or Pastor T B Joshua and his prophecies or Pastor Adeboye and his predictions.
Re: What Atheist Dont Believe In by ijawkid(m): 10:05pm On Aug 12, 2012
Any one who doesn't believe in miracles aint a realist.......
Re: What Atheist Dont Believe In by MacDaddy01: 10:40pm On Aug 12, 2012
ijawkid: Any one who doesn't believe in miracles aint a realist.......

I believe that it is a miracle that Ijawkid's muscles have not ruptured and killed him because of steroid overdose. tongue
Re: What Atheist Dont Believe In by ijawkid(m): 11:26pm On Aug 12, 2012
MacDaddy01:

I believe that it is a miracle that Ijawkid's muscles have not ruptured and killed him because of steroid overdose. tongue

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha........

U no well......

I don't use steroids ,that's why I insist miracles are real.......lol....
Re: What Atheist Dont Believe In by lepasharon(f): 1:52am On Aug 13, 2012
I bet all you atheists are still scared of the dark!..talking bout you an atheist
Re: What Atheist Dont Believe In by tobechi74: 7:43am On Aug 13, 2012
Atheist dont belive in anything without proof.they dont belive in any god because science havent proof his existence.they dont belive in ghost because there is no logical xplanation for ghost.they dont belive in dreams because it makes no sence to them.

(1) (2) (Reply)

God has blessed me / Secret Shell Kingdom Exposed / Can We Trust The New Testament As A Historical Document?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.