Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,781 members, 7,935,307 topics. Date: Friday, 30 August 2024 at 06:46 AM

Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency (11836 Views)

Nigeria To Cut Gas Supply To Ghana Over Indebtedness / States Will Receive N300b Presidential Special Intervention Fund Soon-presidency / Apc’ll Collapse Soon –presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by slowice(m): 1:00pm On Aug 13, 2012
those calling on gej to resign shud suck on dis.....gej z God sent to deliver naija frm power wahala...nd God ll help him achieve evn more than most of us xpect.....watch nd see.

1 Like

Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by stagger: 1:01pm On Aug 13, 2012
My house in FCT has had light for 7 days without break. My village house has hd light for four days now without break and counting.

Enjoy it while it lasts. I remember we were told that Egbi power station would bring uninterrupted power supply. The best bet is to sell all the PHCN companies to private companies so that the equipment are maintained and we do not have cases of turbines breaking down for 3,4,5,6 years without repair.
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by alaoeri: 1:03pm On Aug 13, 2012
Another fables. undecided
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by Ekowise(m): 1:04pm On Aug 13, 2012
I'll continue to reserve my coment till 2014, a yr b4 nxt presidential election. GEJ hs nt stayed up2 2yrs yet but by Nigerians shud evaluate his administration n compare 2 others of d past.
He is determined to work no mater hw any1 sees it. Slow or not.
I still reserve my speech.
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by bloglover(m): 1:05pm On Aug 13, 2012
I JUST HOPE THAT THIS IS FOR REAL tongue
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by maigaskiya1: 1:08pm On Aug 13, 2012
billante:

http://businessnews.com.ng/2012/08/13/power-supply-to-reach-9000-megawatts-in-next-few-months-presidency/
gudluk u hav my votes already.u hav achevd wat ur enemies in d north hs faild 2 get in 38ys nd ur folish crictics in d west 4 12ys in just äys thumbs up my oga
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by karaye: 1:13pm On Aug 13, 2012
jmaine:

I felt so as well . . . .

Maybe you should create another thread like ===> [size=14pt]GEJ answers critics on dividends of democracy[/size]

Then enlarge and bolden the section that dealt with other issues raised
Until we see it man,we have been hearing this
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by Kobojunkie: 1:13pm On Aug 13, 2012
Ekowise: I'll continue to reserve my coment till 2014, a yr b4 nxt presidential election. GEJ hs nt stayed up2 2yrs yet but by Nigerians shud evaluate his administration n compare 2 others of d past.
He is determined to work no mater hw any1 sees it. Slow or not.
I still reserve my speech.

Correction. He has stayed more than 2 years as president of Nigeria. Nearing 2.5 years in a couple of weeks.
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by Kobojunkie: 1:15pm On Aug 13, 2012
HammedSodiqq: Considering the recorded achievement so far, I see the Power sector under GEJ achieving this. Remember that recently, the FG has hit an all time high record of 4237 megawatt. we can only hope for the better.

Record high was recorded in December/January of 2012.
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by jude33084(m): 1:15pm On Aug 13, 2012
Feemmy: Gr8 work from the president and minister of power, though no light in my area for four days now.

Kolo! grin
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by Kobojunkie: 1:16pm On Aug 13, 2012
slowice: those calling on gej to resign shud suck on dis.....gej z God sent to deliver naija frm power wahala...nd God ll help him achieve evn more than most of us xpect.....watch nd see.

Through Obasanjo. The NIPP projects were Obasanjo's initiation. Yar adua, along with Jonathan as VP stalled on those projects. The same NIPP plants which were commenced during Obansanjo days are what we are working on today.
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by touchmehard: 1:16pm On Aug 13, 2012
Let there be light and there was light in Nigeria. Honestly, if this should happen, then it would be that GEJ has successfully engraved his name in the history of Nigeria. Ride on GEJ, more grease to your elbow. We are optimistic. Saboteurs and vandals stay clear o!
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by Kobojunkie: 1:17pm On Aug 13, 2012
Telthetruth: i applaud u Mr. President (GEJ) though i hv nt seen light in ma area for the past 3 weeks nw.

A true Nigerian. grin
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by israelbenzion: 1:17pm On Aug 13, 2012
I criticise d govt wen dey deserve it. But on this power issue, d govt deserves commendation jor! As I type, there has been light all day. Oops! They just cut it off now-now! But nonetheless, there is serious improvement in power supply. So I believe GEJ if he says we wil soon hit 9000mw. He can and wil do it.
I urge every Nigerian to keep d faith so far as power is concerned. Don't be weary: this one is different from anti-corruption campaign or BH menace. On this one he can deliver.
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by Chubhie: 1:18pm On Aug 13, 2012
Make dem quick do cos me go soon dey show. No place like ome.

1 Like

Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by jude33084(m): 1:19pm On Aug 13, 2012
The projects, which on completion, will add additional 4960mw to the national grid are: Ihovbor in Edo State (451mw), Omotosho in Ondo State (451mw), Olorunsogo in Ogun State (750mw), Sapele in Delta State (451mw), Geregu in Kogi State (434mw), Egbema in Imo State (338mw), Gbarain in Bayelsa (225mw), Omoku in Rivers State (225mw), Calabar in Cross River State (561mw) and Alaoji in Abia State (1074mw)

Wait oh! No northern States? grin
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by solomon111(m): 1:21pm On Aug 13, 2012
Kobojunkie: [size=14pt]National Integrated Power Project[/size]

The NIPP was planned as a ‘Fast Track’ Project with 7 Power Stations conceived by the immediate past President Olusegun Obasanjo's Administration of the Federal Government of Nigeria to address the twin issues of low power generation and gas flaring from oil exploration in the Niger Delta region.

Power plants planned include:

1) Ihovbor Power Station Benin, Edo State with the capacity of 4 x 125MW

2) Calabar Power Station, Cross River State with the capacity of 5 x 125MW

3) Egbema Power Station, Imo State with the capacity of 3 x 125MW

4) Gbarain Power Station, Yenagoa, Bayelsa State with the capacity of 2 x 125MW

5) Sapele Power Station, Delta State with the capacity of 6 x 125MW

[size=13pt]Project Parties[/size]

Employer: Ministry of Energy (Power) Niger Delta Power Holding Company

Design Consultant: Lahmeyer/Otis Engineering (International/Local)

Project Consultancy: SeWa/AETS (APTEC Engineers Technical Services)- International/Local

EPC Contractor (BOP): Consortium of Marubeni Corporation of Japan and Marubeni (West Africa) Limited

OEM Contractor: General Electric Corporation of U.S.A

Commencement Date: 20th December 2005

Estimated Completion Date: 19th December 2008 (24 months Project Execution Period & 12 months Defect Liability Period) EPC Contractor (BOP)

[b]Commencement Date: [/b]16th February 2006 Estimated completion Date: 15th December 2007(22 months Project Execution Period)

This project was conceptualised as an intervention project to comprehensively address the state of electricity infrastructure in Nigeria. It is designed as a fast-track approach to improving the country‘s electricity power supply through the implementation of Generation, Transmission, Distribution and Gas Supply projects.

The main thrust of the project is the design, manufacture and supply of seven new Gas Turbine Power Plants with the provision for conversion to combined-cycle operation.
SeWa (previously STEAG Encotec West Africa) and APTEC were contracted as one of the Project Consultants of the Federal Government (Ministry of Power) for the power plants being built. The following are the services rendered:

i) Assist in EPC Contract Award

ii)Engineering design vetting

iii)Procurement Monitoring and Acceptance (FAT)

iv)Site erection supervision

v)Project management Owner’s Engineer duties

vi)Pre-commissioning and commissioning approval
vii)Technical support during Defects Liability Period (12 months)

Aptec Engineers Nigeria Limited (AENL)and Steag Encotec West Africa (SeWA) is the Consultant to the Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN)The parent body of the NIPP. PHCN started several power projects in 2004 to comprehensively address the state of the electricity infrastructure in the country with open cycle power plants. The Phase II Power Projects in Nigeria consisted of an extension of four Open Cycle Power Plants under construction to Combined Cycle plants.

After several technical studies were completed, the project changed course to increase power output and improve thermal efficiency. After several adjustments, the total additional Phase II power plant output will contribute to increase total generation in Nigeria by 2,430MW.
SeWa was also contracted as Consultant by Power Holding Company Nigerian (PHCN) for the extension to combined cycle of four plants built under Phase I.

The following are the services rendered:

Review of Contractor’s Technical and Financial proposals
Advise on adequacy of Contractor’s Technical proposal
Negotiate total Phase II budgetary price
Recommendation of Phase II Project Cost
Represent Client as Owner’s Engineer
Preparation of Contract Documents

The Ministry of Power working with various engineering companies is supporting this national presidential vision and initiative.
For clarification, SeWa and APTEC are individual companies sharing some management and financial resources. APTEC is incorporated both in Nigeria and UK.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Integrated_Power_Project
Why wasn't he able to complete the project under his eight years in power,and billions of dollars spent.

1 Like

Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by jude33084(m): 1:23pm On Aug 13, 2012
tongue I hear say na too much rain make our dam D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ generate high megawatt tongue
Make una wait till dry season before τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ praises grin
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by PHIPEX(m): 1:24pm On Aug 13, 2012
It's been months of constant power in my area but I'll still wait till December before I give him my final assessment. They have promised 9000MW in few months (and that most of them are 95% complete)if by year end we are no where close to 6000MW then I'll take it as a normal promise of a politician but if he delivers then he'll be sure of my vote come 2015. They better not raise our hopes only to dash it as had been the case since 1999.
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by BeraBera(f): 1:24pm On Aug 13, 2012
Chubhie: Make dem quick do cos me go soon dey show. No place like ome.
Come back home my dear! I'll be waiting 4 u with foo-foo and ofe-egusi, amala & ewedu, with fresh palm wine for u to wash it down.

1 Like

Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by Kobojunkie: 1:26pm On Aug 13, 2012
solomon111: Why wasn't he able to complete the project under his eight years in power,and billions of dollars spent.

Please look up the expected completion dates for the projects as highlighted in the article for you to read.
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by Kobojunkie: 1:27pm On Aug 13, 2012
jude33084:

Wait oh! No northern States? grin

The NIPP projects, commenced during the Obasanjo years, were meant to boost production from the Niger Delta states.
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by ebosed: 1:27pm On Aug 13, 2012
I dont like GEJ on many grounds BUT ON THIS GEJ is simply excellent and better than all past presidents put together.

1 Like

Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by tessyade: 1:30pm On Aug 13, 2012
On other issues such as security and corruption, i score this government very low but not on power. I've used my generator only once in the last six weeks. That to me is an achievement for this administration. Anyway lets see what will happen during the dry season.
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by jude33084(m): 1:30pm On Aug 13, 2012
Kobojunkie:

The NIPP projects, commenced during the Obasanjo years, were meant to boost production from the Niger Delta states.

Is τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ power not meant for τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ entire country? Where was it concentrated in SS, SW ΆŋԂ SE?

Is it safe Ť☺ do Ŧħåϯ?
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by edicolove: 1:31pm On Aug 13, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Through Obasanjo. The NIPP projects were Obasanjo's initiation. Yar adua, along with Jonathan as VP stalled on those projects. The same NIPP plants which were commenced during Obansanjo days are what we are working on today.

Hahahahahaha! I wish you know how you sound and how those reading your post regard it. A man who didn't see light during OBJ and Yaradua time is telling you he is enjoying good light now and you are desperately trying to convince him GEJ should not be commended but OBJ. Comedy unlimited. Lwbmb!

1 Like

Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by wesley80(m): 1:33pm On Aug 13, 2012
solomon111: Why wasn't he able to complete the project under his eight years in power,and billions of dollars spent.
Help me ask her. If Obj had been smart enough to formulate a comprehensive roadmap like GEJ has done, would we be crying over inadequate gas 12years later? Some of these criticis are just impossible!

1 Like

Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by wesley80(m): 1:34pm On Aug 13, 2012
jude33084:

Is τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ power not meant for τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ entire country? Where was it concentrated in SS, SW ΆŋԂ SE?

Is it safe Ť☺ do Ŧħåϯ?
Na your Papa go pay to run a gas pipe from here to Kaduna?
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by edicolove: 1:36pm On Aug 13, 2012
jude33084: tongue I hear say na too much rain make our dam D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ generate high megawatt tongue
Make una wait till dry season before τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ praises grin

Hahahahahaha! The work of propaganda! How can too much rain make a dam to produce more power than its installed capacity. The combined capacity of Kainji and Shiroro is 1360MW. Even if Noahs rain fall, the capacity will not increase more than that. Its like saying a car now runs at 350km/h because the tank is full. Lwbmb! (Laugh wan break my back!) Ignorance is a luxury.
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by tobechi74: 1:37pm On Aug 13, 2012
Haw soon?? I have heard heard dis before
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by comradeoscar(m): 1:46pm On Aug 13, 2012
dis government talks too much. pls deliver first ad stop all diz we will......... we shall....... we ar planin to...... pls deliver ad Nigerians will blow yur trumpet 4 u. I hav not felt any improvment powerwise yet. pls too ?much of talking is not good.
Re: Power Supply To Reach 9000MW Soon – Presidency by kama1210: 1:47pm On Aug 13, 2012
WHAT HAPPENS TO THE BILLS WE'LL PAY. Hope they will cut down high cost of Power Bill. It will be good if we have more Light wit subsidized bill.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Emir Rejects House-to-house Search In Daura / Barcanista Remains Pro-PDP, Quits Nairaland Forum / Politics In 2017 : Anambra Polls, Mega Party, Others To Shape New Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.