Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,465 members, 7,978,513 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 09:42 AM

Atiku For President! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku For President! (2968 Views)

Will Buhari Prosecute Tinubu And Atiku For Corruption Or / APC Should Disqualify Atiku For The Dollars He Shared! / Obasanjo Scared: Begs Atiku For Forgiveness! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku For President! by Nobody: 8:07pm On Apr 11, 2006
Jibitoye that's well phrased u know i agree with u but the problem is that this OBJ will use the EFCC or ICPC to go after anyone u so much as aspire to contest. We have seen that already.
For the people of the South- South I have to say that Donald Duke will get my vote anyday. Kalu Orji- I will have to be out of my frigging mind to vote for him.
Re: Atiku For President! by Kazaure: 6:23pm On Apr 12, 2006
I don't understand why in a political dispensation where freedom of speech is supposed to be cherished and upheld, do we criticize the Veepee(atiku) and call him a traitor for speaking against the third term ambitions of OBJ. Those of you who are pushing for the tenure extension are what then? Traitors to the constitution maybe, traitors to peace and prosperity in Nigeria maybe? We all know that what OBJ is doing is highly irresponsible and unfitting for a leader of his stature. He is deliberately overheating the polity and causing great uncertainty and unrest in the nation due to his mum attitude on this issue. All the Foreign Direct Investment to Nigeria will cease because of the unrest caused by this issue. He will for his own selfish reasons unravel the work his administration has done. For God's sake OBJ if you want a third term be a man and come out and say it, if you don't do likewise, it will give all of us some respite. At least then we shall know what the options are.

[b]Shout Outs to All my Buffalo peeps, What up Josiah. I had to get on
![/b]
Re: Atiku For President! by mochafella(m): 7:50pm On Apr 12, 2006
Atiku for president? shocked God no go gree. Abeg we no want
Re: Atiku For President! by Danmasani(m): 9:37pm On Apr 12, 2006
@ mochafella
So na who u want, "u no go gree" for Atiku to be presido, then comot yan us who u want make him stand. abi u want IBB? Chris Okotie?
Some of us are not even ashamed of ourselves,we are either advocating for a 3rd term for OBJ or not agreeing to have at least a solid candidate who will beat the President's game. "God no go gree", Bringing God into the picture! The last time i checked, OBJ also said he was waiting for God's answer on third term.
well i have an answer from God for him cos he's been trying to reach him since. God says that he is ashamed of the old man and that he should henceforth not hear his name coming from OBJ's mouth. Further said that he should leave by all means in 2007 or his wrath will pour on him.
finally he said anyone supporting any term extension or elongation of any kind beyond 2007 will be cursed by him. Dat na the message of God!
Re: Atiku For President! by Danmasani(m): 9:40pm On Apr 12, 2006
Mallam Ahmad, Gaisuwa Fa
Representing Kazaure ba, no worry man,
we must speak our mind unhindered for this place. No amount of police permit or any shege go stop us.

Salam
Re: Atiku For President! by mochafella(m): 10:42pm On Apr 12, 2006
Danmasani:

@ mochafella
So na who u want, "u no go gree" for Atiku to be presido, then comot yan us who u want make him stand. abi u want IBB? Chris Okotie?
Some of us are not even ashamed of ourselves,we are either advocating for a 3rd term for OBJ or not agreeing to have at least a solid candidate who will beat the President's game. "God no go gree", Bringing God into the picture! The last time i checked, OBJ also said he was waiting for God's answer on third term.

Well apparently, you haven't seen my other posts asking that Obj leaves b4 what happened to Abacha happens to him. I suggest that you do that before calling someoneelse out. IBB and Chris Okotie should not be president either. I would rather we have a revolution and get rid of the golden oldies.
Re: Atiku For President! by nubian(m): 1:59pm On Apr 13, 2006
Marwa has ingicated his intention to join the presidential race, thats a bold and courageous move considering the fact that OBJ, tried to intimidate him with the EFCC arrest.

Marwa is also from Atikus geo political area, he didnt feel he had to step down for the TURAKI, nor did he give a damn that his former oga IBB , wants to come back to continue his election annulment experiments

I feel Marwa is the best option that has surfaced on the nations political horizon so far,
Re: Atiku For President! by toshmann(m): 2:14pm On Apr 13, 2006
@nubian,
marwa is a political tool of obj. he is there just to make things uneasy for atiku. he is not serious and we should not listen to him.

@mochafella,

u live in LA and u talk of revolution. have pity for those at home. when some eminent politicians wanted to meet at sheraton hotel abuja, the obj govt used police to stop them and even had one honorable member malhandled by the police. that dude is in the hospital now for spinal injuries. if poor masses embark on a revolution, what do you think the general will do?

he'll roll out the military arsenal against poor nigerians. do u really want that.

obj is desperate now,more than ever. so we had better be careful,he may be dangerous,the best way,i suggest,to stop him is to fight him from within his own establishment-atiku.that will be very efficient.not that we want atiku to be president. no. but to stop the general,yes.

when the general is stopped, we can then proceed to find a president, and real democracy.
whew,long way to go!!!!
Re: Atiku For President! by Kazaure: 4:04pm On Apr 13, 2006
@ Danmasani

Na ganka Danuwana.

Nigerians don't know whats good for them, after the extreme suffering and mismanagement IBB brougt about to this nation in his 8 year escapade to even mention his name in the same sentence as president is blasphemous. May God guide the wayward(Amin). Obj dances with the devil and then calls on God. God loves not the hypocrite. We must stand with those against third term, not because we love them, not because we want them to be president, but because that is the right thing to do, point blank! Just analyze the shady nature in which the third term issue was introduced into the constitutional amendment schedule (De ja vu from the Abacha Period), Baba shege, careful oh, you may be the Shege of Nigeria when all is said and done. Take time, it is for the wise to heed.
Re: Atiku For President! by Mariory(m): 5:13pm On Apr 13, 2006
Kazaure:

Nigerians don't know whats good for them

We must stand with those against third term, not because we love them, not because we want them to be president, but because that is the right thing to do, point blank!

Careful who you stand with. Politics is not black and white. You will notice that recently, the people making the most noise about no to third term are those that have presedential ambitions. We must concentrate on people who will develop our economy, infrastructure, and citizens.

Supporting someone simply because they are "anti-third term" is not wise. Not wise at all.
Re: Atiku For President! by toshmann(m): 8:08pm On Apr 13, 2006
@ mariory'

with all due respects brother, where do you stand. the support of anti-3rd termers is like choosing the lesser of 2 evils. we can't help it. if there were better choices we'll go for them. what do we do. 3rd term is undemocratic and destructive.
Re: Atiku For President! by Kazaure: 10:43pm On Apr 13, 2006
@ Mariory

You misunderstand me. I am not standing with the individual/s that are against third term, but with the principle behind it. Are you telling me that because someone has an alterior motive behind his actions, that if they are right we shouldn't say so. It is irresponsible, ungrateful and down right disrespectful for Obasanjo to treat the Nigerian people like we have no sense. I could care less who is the president as long as nigerians are given the right to choose who they want, without imposition. Obasanjo, Mantu and cohorts rigged the so called constitutional amendments to include a third term. In all honesty what does an exercise to reform a flawed consitution have to do with injecting new elements into it(such as tenure extension). The whole country is at a standstill. Elected officials are polarized regarding this issue, at the detriment of their elected duties. They are more concerned with this issue and their future's than concluding their programs and project for the benefit of the nigerian people. KAI! Allah ya sawake!
Re: Atiku For President! by otokx(m): 9:35am On Apr 14, 2006
This politician should sort themselves out and not use the masses as pawns on a chess board.
Re: Atiku For President! by bioscom(m): 10:50pm On Apr 15, 2006
I want to ask all the contributors to this topic a question, when do you expect a graduate to rule Nigeria?

All personality you are making mention of are but uneducated set of people, who by chance found themselves in places of authority by means of one military coup or the other. They are all set of disobedient people to the rules of law in our country, so you can't expect any better from them.

Most of us would have been seeing what is happening around us and note that the countries of the world that are progressing are being ruled by the academicians. These are the sets of people that understand how to provide the dividends of democracy, defend the rules of law and provide quality education that we all need.

President Olusegun Obasanjo quickly recognised this fact, he puts professors and quality graduates in the positions of authority, that is why he has been recording ground-breaking achievements in this second tenure.

Atiku will be the worst thing that will ever happen to this country if he should crookedly find his way to the uppermost helm of government. He is a thief, let him explain how he handled privatisation policy when he was the chairman.

He has never publicly supported Mr President in his sole quest for killing corruption in this country. Mr President later got the support of few individuals who seeing that the policy can work. Then why is he the Vice President. He will never support it because he had different views coming to power, he never expected what he met.

If he knows that the present government is not doing anything, why can't he resign and show to the public that he is not part of a bad-wagon. But that decision will be gravery for Atiku, because he is enjoying immunity now, so he is able to cover all his attrocities. That is why he is looking for all avenues to perpetuate himself in power and eventually institutes policies that will kill EFCC and ICPC, they are treat to him he never believed that those institutions could survice.

And now that he has fanned a life coal, it has turned to life fire for him. The PDP disciplinary committe will soon show him way out of PDP and reap him off his immunity cover. Then EFCC, I trust Malam Ribadu will swear into full action and expose this illiterate you want in power.

What can Atiku offer us. Nothing!!! An ex-customs officer!!! ?. A leopard will never change its colour, for a spade will ever be a spade. If he has anything to offer at all, he would have shown it in this government instead of causing chaos in the nation. All he wants is to get power and steal more money, he is a glutton he will never be satisfied.

A man that can not do anything in his home, Adamawa state, only he could do is to oppress his kinsmen by taking over their lands and build world class school that citizens of his own state can not afford to go, what a great waste. This is a typical way a non-graduate thinks.

If you want an illiterate like Atiku to lead us, squander all our resources and send us back to another slavery, it is in the power of our franchise to determine that.

We need a visionary graduate to lead us. A very close example is what has just happened in our neighbourhood, Liberia, just wait and see.

When Mrs Ngozi Iweala took members of House of Reps and National House of Assembly to France to deal our debt relief, they could not believe themselves that they met with very intelligent young chaps. These are the generations of people, whose money our past leaders borrowed from their fathers, in the name of our country and squandered them all. Now imagine fathers in our country going begging people that are not up to their sons and daugthers for debt relief. What a shame.

For Atiku, Babangida or Buhari to rule us, for christ sake these are generations of reprobates and recycled materials what do we want from them? If the present reform is what Mr President's brain that some of you considered as coconut brain could do, let Obasanjo countinue for third term.
Re: Atiku For President! by nubian(m): 8:52pm On Apr 16, 2006
@ biscom,

so u think military men are illitrate,
Re: Atiku For President! by Odeku(m): 6:11pm On Apr 18, 2006
Biscom Job well done, I you actually hit home run with that script you got, and to the guy that ask you think all military mans are illiterate, no but most of out generals are illiterates. I remember as a child walking along dordon barrack, and we were made to turn around and face the wall because IBB was about to go out and play golf. such act doesn't happen in a civilized nation nor I should say and educated man will not treat his own loved people like that.

here is some more handy work of ATIKU

http://www.abti-american.edu.ng/news/aaunpr-060320-open-house-drive.htm

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria - Ibb Begs: Please Give Me Another Chance / El-rufai Passes Vote Of No Confidence On Jonathan,says Buhari Was The Best. / What If Buhari Loses The Apc Primaries?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.