Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,997 members, 7,886,724 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 02:21 PM

The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? (10078 Views)

One Piece (anime/manga) / The Most Violent Or Action Packed Movie Ever / Most Powerful Anime Or Manga Character Ever? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by wiegraf: 1:56pm On Oct 14, 2012
PhysicsQED:

I didn't even know there was a second series of Last Exile. I assumed they ended with one series and I hadn't even bothered to check. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. I haven't watched the other anime that you mentioned either, unfortunately so I can't give any opinions on those.

I don't know about anime specifically from 2010, but some shows that I've watched over the last two years in my free time that I liked a lot and would recommend are:

Steins Gate

xxxHolic

Twelve Kingdoms

Great Teacher Onizuka <- I know this is an old series, but I only found out about it last year. I thought it was hilarious and enjoyed it a lot.

Occult Academy

Gankutsuou (The Count of Monte Cristo) <- though of course, I prefer the classic book that it's based on, I thought this was a good adaptation and had an interesting visual style

Hyouka

Katanagatari

Eden of the East

Another

And I'm currently watching Sword Art Online and Mirai Nikki, both of which I'm liking a lot.

Ha ha GTO I got to about ep 10 before I had to drop it. Higashi no eden was good. I can see you liking it especially considering the team behind (SAC 1 and 2). Katanagatari I've seen 2 or 3 of the ovas, great action, nice chemistry. Gankutosou, do want for a few years now. And 'stein's; gate' taught me my greatest mad scientist laugh... BU-HU-HA-HA-HA-HA. It's one of the very few I've actually seen completely in the last few years. An actual decent lead char in a harem anime? What is this illogic?

The other ones looking tasty, especially hyouka considering the studio. Thanks!
Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by wiegraf: 2:19pm On Oct 14, 2012
PhysicsQED:

No, I haven't played that game. I just looked up the quote in your signature and from that I found out who Wiegraf was, so I figured you were probably into RPGs and so you might like Sword Art Online. I played a lot of FF games back when I had more time, and a lot of Squaresoft games besides, but not that particular game. Though, from what I've read about it online, it seems like I missed out on a great game.

I played just about every squaresoft game I got my hands on too. sqeenix? Not so much. Tactics was way ahead of its time considering plot. Wiegraf for instance was supposed to be one of the bad guys, from my pov he wasn't, at all. In fact, he was rather noble, dealing with him was just one of those things that needed to be done. (After slaying him, I now wear his name so he is not forgotten, ggaarrr.) That wasn't so regular with games of the time, except for say ff vii upwards, chrono cross, xenogears etc. Seriously, back in the day everything square touched was classy.
Just look at wiegraf's quotes smiley he had nothing on the shin megami tensei series though, which had yah'weh as the bad guy, complete with a name which must not be said..
Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by vescucci(m): 3:18pm On Oct 14, 2012
wiegraf:

I played just about every squaresoft game I got my hands on too. sqeenix? Not so much. Tactics was way ahead of its time considering plot. Wiegraf for instance was supposed to be one of the bad guys, from my pov he wasn't, at all. In fact, he was rather noble, dealing with him was just one of those things that needed to be done. That wasn't so regular with games of the time, except for say ff vii upwards, chrono cross, xenogears etc. Seriously, back in the day everything square touched was classy.
Just look at wiegraf's quotes smiley he had nothing on the shin megami tensei series though, which had yah'weh as the bad guy, complete with a name which must not be said..

Lol
Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by wiegraf: 4:15am On Oct 15, 2012
vescucci:

Lol

http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/YHVH

Heh heh, I don't think the series was ever supposed to make it to the west, or they just didn't care much.

edit: and now you've given me an 'evil' idea, let me see it this can start some trolling discussion in /religion...
Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by Wordsmith(m): 7:54am On Oct 15, 2012
wiegraf:

I wouldn't say blood is violent, especially the tv series, you think? FMA too I thought more disturbing than violent, no?

I think FMA is a violent as it is disturbing. Particularly the latter parts, the violence towards the end both in the original and FMA: Brotherhood and even the OVA is worth noting.
Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by wiegraf: 8:16am On Oct 15, 2012
Wordsmith:

I think FMA is a violent as it is disturbing. Particularly the latter parts, the violence towards the end both in the original and FMA: Brotherhood and even the OVA is worth noting.

Meh. What ova do you speak of? I only saw a movie with rockets. There's an ova? Based on original manga or anime? Is it any good in your opinion?
Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by Wordsmith(m): 7:46pm On Oct 15, 2012
i meant, the movie.

Also Blood C was pretty bloody, and got gory and more violent towards the end. Also, Dragonage's ani,ated movie was pretty violent with a lot of sword play
Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by wiegraf: 5:28am On Oct 16, 2012
Wordsmith: i meant, the movie.

Also Blood C was pretty bloody, and got gory and more violent towards the end. Also, Dragonage's ani,ated movie was pretty violent with a lot of sword play

I've never been able to see the dragonage thing to the end, but it's not anime. What's blood c?
Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by Wordsmith(m): 9:12am On Oct 23, 2012
the 2012 Dragonage animated movie is anime, or should i say the art style is.

Blood C is part of the Blood franchise. A spin off of Blood series

In addition, has anyone see Karas the Revelation? Pretty violent and gory as well.
Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by wiegraf: 2:32pm On Oct 23, 2012
Wordsmith: the 2012 Dragonage animated movie is anime, or should i say the art style is.

Blood C is part of the Blood franchise. A spin off of Blood series

In addition, has anyone see Karas the Revelation? Pretty violent and gory as well.

The dragonage I saw (or almost see, I never make it past ~20 mins) was clearly not anime, so we're probably not talking about the same one. It wasn't even as close as say avatar is to anime, and I wouldn't call last airbender anime. What would qualify as anime anyways?
Blood c? Interesting, I'll see what it's about. And yup, karas had a lot of well done action, to me it was a little too much action and not enough substance. If we're adding that we might as well add afro samurai and final fantasy advent children (both guilty of not having enough substance as well, plenty plenty good action scenes, but that's just my opinion anyhoo).
Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by PhysicsQED(m): 9:59am On Oct 29, 2012
wiegraf:

I played just about every squaresoft game I got my hands on too. sqeenix? Not so much.

Same here basically. In fact, the only reason I even know what an emulator or a rom is today is because of how I got into that stuff some years back (like 6 or 7 years ago) in order to play old rpgs (mostly Squaresoft) that were "before my time" (before the time of classic PS1 and PS2 rpgs, many/most of which were also made by Squaresoft) and which I'd never played or in some cases never heard of but which others kept swearing were classic. FF6, Secret of Mana, Chrono Trigger, Star Ocean, Seiken Densetsu 3, Tales of Phantasia, Terranigma, FF5, FF4 etc. FF6 alone was worth it and those other games were the icing on the cake. I have some good memories from back then, and of course, I got to play other classic/great stuff besides just the RPGs I originally intended to play. . .those were the days - back when it seemed like I had endless amounts of free time.

Tactics was way ahead of its time considering plot. Wiegraf for instance was supposed to be one of the bad guys, from my pov he wasn't, at all. In fact, he was rather noble, dealing with him was just one of those things that needed to be done. (After slaying him, I now wear his name so he is not forgotten, ggaarrr.) That wasn't so regular with games of the time, except for say ff vii upwards, chrono cross, xenogears etc. Seriously, back in the day everything square touched was classy.
Just look at wiegraf's quotes smiley

Interesting. Now I'm really thinking I missed out on one of square's best games. And I looked up some more of Wiegraf's quotes and he comes off as pretty unique for an adversary.

he had nothing on the shin megami tensei series though, which had yah'weh as the bad guy, complete with a name which must not be said..

That's a pretty blatant anti Christian theme. Surprising that a video game would be so bold, but then again, Japan isn't rooted in the Judeo-Christian worldview, so criticizing Yahweh wouldn't offend too many people.

This reminds me a little of a game that came out recently this year (I only started playing it recently) called Asura's Wrath, where the main adversary (at least at first) is a powerful, ruthless thunderbolt wielding demi-god called "Deus" (the Latin word for God) who has a huge number of humans killed in order to amplify his own power with their energy/souls. But he's supposedly not truly a villain in the game because the actions he and his co-conspirators take are for a supposedly greater overall good. The "anti-God" theme of the game is also less obvious because the "God" of the game is more like Zeus than YHWH. The game isn't really an RPG, but more action-adventurish like the God of War and Ninja Gaiden games, but it seems to have heavy manga/anime influences. If they had made the main adversary resemble YHWH rather than Zeus (who has far fewer followers today) or said he was YHWH explicitly the game probably wouldn't have been released in the West either.
Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by wiegraf: 1:41pm On Oct 29, 2012
PhysicsQED:

Same here basically. In fact, the only reason I even know what an emulator or a rom is today is because of how I got into that stuff some years back (like 6 or 7 years ago) in order to play old rpgs (mostly Squaresoft) that were "before my time" (before the time of classic PS1 and PS2 rpgs, many/most of which were also made by Squaresoft) and which I'd never played or in some cases never heard of but which others kept swearing were classic. FF6, Secret of Mana, Chrono Trigger, Star Ocean, Seiken Densetsu 3, Tales of Phantasia, Terranigma, FF5, FF4 etc. FF6 alone was worth it and those other games were the icing on the cake. I have some good memories from back then, and of course, I got to play other classic/great stuff besides just the RPGs I originally intended to play. . .those were the days - back when it seemed like I had endless amounts of free time.
And I missed those too. The only ones I progressed reasonably well with were ff6 and 4. 6 I completed, and I find it stunning how so much emotion could be conveyed by sprites and mono music, especially the opera scene and Terra's(?) jump from the cliff. There's also kefka. 4 was rather funny, can't remember why I had to stop. White Knight, old hermit mentors and twins(?) for the win. The others I only just touched.... sad

PhysicsQED:
Interesting. Now I'm really thinking I missed out on one of square's best games. And I looked up some more of Wiegraf's quotes and he comes off as pretty unique for an adversary.
*spoilers*
But I doubt you'll have the time to play it anyway., at least that's how it is with me these days. You also kill wiegraf's sister, whom he obviously adored. And what was their cause? They were trying to free the masses from the nobility. Considering the main xter is nobility, that pretty much makes you, the player, the bad guy in my books. But of course it's much more complicated than that, ramza (the main char) didn't have much of a choice, it was just something that needed doing.

Seriously, these games, like the first suikoden on the ps2, it had like 4 or 5 major factions, you use characters from 3 of these factions and play through the same events, seeing the situation through their various perspectives. Iirc, you even kill off allies you used yourself in other main char chapters. Grandia 2 you spend the whole game thinking you're on the side of good. By the end, the good god, which has an organization backing it up eerily similar to the catholic church, is shown to rather, well actually extremely, evil. The hero spends the whole game traveling searching for a legendary weapon, when he eventually found it in his backyard I was like..."oh, oh $hit...oh, but that was perhaps obvious". I was seriously pumped up after I found that muthaf****r as well, lots of hypocrites (including a god) I gleefully saw to with that baby. Xenosaga (plenty xtian references here as well, evangelion style), breath of fire (particularly 4, 5 was real boss as well), chrono cross... All these gave me, and I was younger, something to think about. Even the mainstream popular sephiroth I loved not just because he could kill a dragon with 2 swipes, while taking time out of his busy schedule to keep my weak a$$ alive no less, but because his cause was actually not such a bad one. It all went horribly wrong, of course smiley

The best jrpgs are now on the xbox... Dammit sony... Meh, anyways I don't have the time anymore, and there were some that were real poor, not many though.

PhysicsQED:
That's a pretty blatant anti Christian theme. Surprising that a video game would be so bold, but then again, Japan isn't rooted in the Judeo-Christian worldview, so criticizing Yahweh wouldn't offend too many people.

This reminds me a little of a game that came out recently this year (I only started playing it recently) called Asura's Wrath, where the main adversary (at least at first) is a powerful, ruthless thunderbolt wielding demi-god called "Deus" (the Latin word for God) who has a huge number of humans killed in order to amplify his own power with their energy/souls. But he's supposedly not truly a villain in the game because the actions he and his co-conspirators take are for a supposedly greater overall good. The "anti-God" theme of the game is also less obvious because the "God" of the game is more like Zeus than YHWH. The game isn't really an RPG, but more action-adventurish like the God of War and Ninja Gaiden games, but it seems to have heavy manga/anime influences. If they had made the main adversary resemble YHWH rather than Zeus (who has far fewer followers today) or said he was YHWH explicitly the game probably wouldn't have been released in the West either.

Heh heh... Interesting how a culture that's foreign to the xtian world would view yahweh, judged by his morals/actions, as the ultimate villain. He is more or else the supreme villain of all SMT games as well. Considering they use a very large array of myths (shame on you africa, great work there promoting your culture) and are in fact famous for their knowledge of said myths, that's quite the honor heaped on yahweh. They don't mention him out in the open anymore though, western cash is good I suppose.

Yahweh sure does give us atheists plenty ammo to use on even decent xtians like @vess or yourself (assuming you're xtian, I gather you're a theist), even though I'm sure y'all are actually more decent than I am. Talk less of the bigots, dohohoohohohoho.
Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by shiyuyiu: 9:26am On Oct 30, 2012
Watch berserk, all 25 episodes . Or samurai blade. Or even ordinary sword of stranger.[img]http://www.forexchartingsoftware.info/pc.gif[/img]
Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by vescucci(m): 12:00pm On Oct 30, 2012
Lool. I'm not Christian oh. I'm deist until further notice.

I don't play online RPG games sad. I never started and the longer you're out of such a thing the harder it is to break in.

Have y'all heard of the Diablo franchise. A friend of mine who knows these things say it's pretty good
Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by Feraz(m): 2:52pm On Oct 30, 2012
^^^can't remember the last time I saw you on the naruto thread??
Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by vescucci(m): 3:00pm On Oct 30, 2012
Lol. I have been out of the loop with Naruto. I've been watching other anime instead. Trying to get my interest back up. I'll come say hello presently smiley
Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by wiegraf: 3:40pm On Oct 30, 2012
vescucci: Lool. I'm not Christian oh. I'm deist until further notice.

I don't play online RPG games sad. I never started and the longer you're out of such a thing the harder it is to break in.

Have y'all heard of the Diablo franchise. A friend of mine who knows these things say it's pretty good

Me too, I've been in 9ja for a while, very impractical here. I didn't care much for western style rpgs of all shapes and sizes either till this gen. I've heard very good things about diablo too.

Meh, I've nothing to offer on that topic, I hope I wasted your time. Lemme go tro... debate elsewhere.
Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by vescucci(m): 4:14pm On Oct 30, 2012
Lol. The evilry
Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Oct 30, 2012
legend of the overfiend
Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by yalsmarth: 4:30pm On Jul 23, 2013
hellsing ultimate by far
Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by kraftykc(m): 5:20pm On Jul 23, 2013
The most violent anime? Simple, Shinjiki no Kyoji (Attack on Titans). Easily.
Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by Wordsmith(m): 12:52pm On Nov 10, 2013
I agree on Shingeki no Kyojin. Every episode of violent awesomeness.

Also The Mardock Scramble series and Sword Of The Samurai
Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by Ignatio(m): 5:21pm On Nov 12, 2013
This thread got me interested in animes.
Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by PhysicsQED(m): 8:33pm On Nov 12, 2013
Shingeki No Kyojin (Attack on Titan) was quite good, but not as incredible or amazing as some people were hyping it up to be. I came across a lot of comparisons of Attack on Titan to Claymore online - probably because of some of the similarities between the two - but I have to say that Claymore is definitely the better of the two series. Both series were pretty violent of course, and the combat/action scenes were very well done in both.
Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by ojj(m): 12:09am On Nov 19, 2013
Afro Samurai
Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by eherbal(m): 10:42am On Aug 23, 2015
Legend of the overfield,Fist of the northstar, crying freeman
Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by JUHABACH: 3:13pm On Aug 25, 2015
hellsing ultimate. http://hellsing.wikia.com/wiki/Hellsing:_Ultimate
seriously one of the most disturbing anime i ve seen.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Where Can I Download Young Justice From? / Download V5 Live IPTV App And Enjoying Up To 1450 Channels For 2weeks / South African Movie Industry Vs Nollywood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.