Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,153 members, 7,890,891 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 11:17 PM

What's All The Noise About Nokia No Longer In Vogue? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What's All The Noise About Nokia No Longer In Vogue? (1286 Views)

About Nokia N8 / 10 Things You Didnt Know About Nokia. / All About Nokia 6600 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's All The Noise About Nokia No Longer In Vogue? by fodiyo(m): 2:56pm On Aug 13, 2012
Yet everybody including Nairalanders went to do night vigil at SLOT centres last saturday to buy the new NOKIA 808 at discounted price of N41,000.just asking
Re: What's All The Noise About Nokia No Longer In Vogue? by cj1080(m): 3:24pm On Aug 13, 2012
It no longer is, between a phone that can do every thing your system does and more for under 30k (android )and another that links naija (Blackberry) above 30k. Where does Nokia stand in it.
Re: What's All The Noise About Nokia No Longer In Vogue? by texazzpete(m): 4:08pm On Aug 13, 2012
fodiyo: Yet everybody including Nairalanders went to do night vigil at SLOT centres last saturday to buy the new NOKIA 808 at discounted price of N41,000.just asking

You saw several hundred people (out of a HUGE population) and it's 'everybody' abi?

I find it puzzling that Nokia is selling this low end phone for 100 - 95k...and that normal people are buying at that price.

If i was in Lagos and i was too broke to buy a decent smartphone, i'd have queued for that phone at N41k, sold it to a mugu like yourself for 85k (discount cheesy) and then added 10k to the money and picked up a Galaxy S III. That's #Winning.

Not even a 41MP camera would make me use that phone.
Re: What's All The Noise About Nokia No Longer In Vogue? by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:37pm On Aug 13, 2012
texazzpete:

You saw several hundred people (out of a HUGE population) and it's 'everybody' abi?

I find it puzzling that Nokia is selling this low end phone for 100 - 95k...and that normal people are buying at that price.

If i was in Lagos and i was too broke to buy a decent smartphone, i'd have queued for that phone at N41k, sold it to a mugu like yourself for 85k (discount cheesy) and then added 10k to the money and picked up a Galaxy S III. That's #Winning.

Wicked man, see as you just downsize their swagger, nokia go sue u o, or bribe you with one and you immediately turn into their evangelist (Naija Style)

Honestly, i doubt if half the people buying that thing even understand what its about anyway.
id understand if a journalist plumped for it, but the average joe?

That phone has nothing else going for it except the camera, and that camera is not exactly practicable for a regular user. pictures at the full resolution will be large, quite large. Funny tho is that phone has 16 Gb internal and can only support microSD up to 32 Gb.

worse is facebook, instagram etc no go allow you post pictures of that size na. so if its just to have such res pics on your phone, for that price id pass.

You can get a good DSLR for that price na
Re: What's All The Noise About Nokia No Longer In Vogue? by leslieu63(m): 5:04pm On Aug 13, 2012
Why the hell should the Nokia pure view be sold at 100k for what? its dumb belle os,to hell with its 41mp Carl ziesis camera what it is the essence of a 41mp on a low resolution screen, my Samsung Galaxy s3 takes good photos and seeing them on its hd screen is a joy to behold. I was a die hard Nokia fan but had to move forward to the winning team samsung.Nokia knows the only way they can sell that pure crap its by promo which Nigerians love so much.
Re: What's All The Noise About Nokia No Longer In Vogue? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Aug 13, 2012
Unrepentant Nokia. Well Symbian Belle is on same level with Froyo. Gingerbsead is way too advanced than that crappy OS Nokia wanna sell to unsuspecting buyers..
Re: What's All The Noise About Nokia No Longer In Vogue? by jedisco(m): 7:58pm On Aug 13, 2012
texazzpete:

I still searching for what exactly makes it a low-end phone cos I see alot of features on the phone that no other phone has or can dream of having in the near future.
Re: What's All The Noise About Nokia No Longer In Vogue? by jedisco(m): 8:00pm On Aug 13, 2012
4llerbuntu:

Wicked man, see as you just downsize their swagger, nokia go sue u o, or bribe you with one and you immediately turn into their evangelist (Naija Style)

Honestly, i doubt if half the people buying that thing even understand what its about anyway.

That phone has nothing else going for it except the camera, and that camera is not exactly practicable for a regular user. pictures at the full resolution will be large, quite large. Funny tho is that phone has 16 Gb internal and can only support microSD up to 32 Gb.

worse is facebook, instagram etc no go allow you post pictures of that size na. so if its just to have such res pics on your phone, for that price id pass.

The thing with you is that though you have sworn never to touch other OSes apart from your super android, you always want to make comments about them just to look like a guru.

Well your post above is the most not-so-well informed statement I've heard as far as the 808 pureview is concerned.

It amazes me that you still think that the quality of a camera depends just on its MP rating.
There are a host of other things involved like the sensor size, the flash, the lens, the software behind the camera, quality of recorded sound, how it zooms e.t.c.
The 808 pureview doesn't have a competitor as far as smarts are concerned in almost all the above.

I can give you countless examples of lower MP rated cameras (N97 with 5MP) that produces better images than higher rated ones (N86 with 8MP).

Coming to the issue of size, at full 38MP resolution, the pics come out at about 10MB which is not too much for its quality.

Now to what really annoyed me. It can also take pics at 3, 5 and 8MP resolution with that of 3MP being the best in quality because of the way pureview works (sorry to burst your bubble).

So in summary, the 808 pureview will give you a small sized image at 3MP whose quality cannot be compared to that of any phone ever made (no matter the resolution or size)

Coming to video recording, again it has no competitor. With dual recording microphones for stereo recording, full HD recording, rich recording that gives CD-like quality and looseless zoom its just too good to be compared to anyother.

Its amazing that out of every other thing to attack the 808 pureview on, its its camera you've chosen.
Well FYI, it has no competitor in that area. That is something that took Nokia 5 solid years to put into a phone.

You may check up this link and a host of others to clear your doubts: http://www.cameradebate.com/2012/nokia-808-pureview-camera-review/

Your comparison with a DLSR is not worth a reply
Re: What's All The Noise About Nokia No Longer In Vogue? by cj1080(m): 10:40pm On Aug 13, 2012
all in all, its just about the camera. if your graphic artist or a photographer and can't afford a canon or fuji. its the way to go, but does not support external lens add on.
But if your a gamer or the average Joe surfer,then the phone makes no sense.

Also the crowd I saw there just went to find out what the hyper was about.
Caused a line up on buyer. But you know what's funny, I went to slot to buy a galaxy tab for a friend, after waiting in line to enter slot. I found that the crowd was just there to See the phone, but most people lined up were there to buy something else.
Re: What's All The Noise About Nokia No Longer In Vogue? by texazzpete(m): 12:30am On Aug 14, 2012
jedisco:

I still searching for what exactly makes it a low-end phone cos I see alot of features on the phone that no other phone has or can dream of having in the near future.

Pray tell me, apart from the Pureview camera, what other features?

You mean features like the low res 640 * 360 screen with a meager 184 dpi pixel density? Or the relatively puny 1.3 Ghz CPU and inferior GPU? is it in the apps selection where Symbian is woefully lacking?

Abeg tell me the wondrous 'features' o!
Re: What's All The Noise About Nokia No Longer In Vogue? by 4llerbuntu(m): 11:52am On Aug 15, 2012
jedisco:
The thing with you is that though you have sworn never to touch other OSes apart from your super android, you always want to make comments about them just to look like a guru.

LIES, LIES & DAMNED LIES.

and all liars will go to the nearest house of assembly grin grin grin grin grin

point us to a thread or link where i made such assertion. like i said, you are fairly new around these parts, hence you really know nada abt me, except the few posts you read in the last 2 months. and FYI android is not even my dream/ideal mobile phone OS, nor is it the only one i use, even right now!!! angry angry angry

seems i have a new foe on NL, don't let bad belle kill you. I dunno what you aim to achieve by this unwarranted attack, and what exactly do you intend to achieve anyway?

jedisco:
Well your post above is the most not-so-well informed statement I've heard as far as the 808 pureview is concerned.

It amazes me that you still think that the quality of a camera depends just on its MP rating.
There are a host of other things involved like the sensor size, the flash, the lens, the software behind the camera, quality of recorded sound, how it zooms e.t.c.
The 808 pureview doesn't have a competitor as far as smarts are concerned in almost all the above.

I do not recall insulting the camera, or stating that the camera or whatsoever all those other things you listed are sub par or poorer than in any other phone. Neither did i mention it having a competitor!

Just because your bad belle is beginning to cloud you vision, i did say "That phone has nothing else going for it except the camera,"

what does that mean in straight English?

seeing that other people share that view, i just wonder why it is so itchy to you! embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

jedisco:
I can give you countless examples of lower MP rated cameras (N97 with 5MP) that produces better images than higher rated ones (N86 with 8MP).

Coming to the issue of size, at full 38MP resolution, the pics come out at about 10MB which is not too much for its quality.

Now to what really annoyed me. It can also take pics at 3, 5 and 8MP resolution with that of 3MP being the best in quality because of the way pureview works (sorry to burst your bubble).

So in summary, the 808 pureview will give you a small sized image at 3MP whose quality cannot be compared to that of any phone ever made (no matter the resolution or size)

What is all this balderdash? grin grin grin grin

who follow you argue about picture quality size etc? i said if its the 41 MP marketing thats chopping pple, the picture size makes it impracticable for the [size=14pt]AVERAGE JOE[/size] . i may be wrong but to the best of my knowledge, the average person mostly uses mobile phone pictures for facebook, instagram, blogging etc.

does facebook or instagram allow you upload 10 MP pictures AT FULL RES IN THAT SIZE? maybe im not current, but i coulda sworn my 5 MP pics always lost quality when they get on facebook

how many 10 MP pictures will fit in a 8gb memory card(most common size) that will undoubtedly contain other things apart from pictures?

therefore as a heavy user interested in flexing you 41 MP swagger, you would have to purchase the max 32GB memory card to add to the shared 16GB on the phone to store more of your pics and stuff at a hefty sum, abi 32GB cards are cheap in your shop? N100k plus N

Of which since you can always reduce the picture quality on the phone to get sizes like 3MP, does it make economic sense to you to buy a 100k fone just to get 3 MP pictures? ironically sef, the phone screen itself is too poor to even give you the pictures in their full glory (retina? AMEN SOMEBODY)

i may not be the average joe but last time i checked i had close to 2k pictures on my 8GB memory card, taken by a 8MP camera. e no pass 1.5Gb all those pictures gaan

jedisco:
Coming to video recording, again it has no competitor. With dual recording microphones for stereo recording, full HD recording, rich recording that gives CD-like quality and looseless zoom its just too good to be compared to anyother.

Its amazing that out of every other thing to attack the 808 pureview on, its its camera you've chosen.
Well FYI, it has no competitor in that area. That is something that took Nokia 5 solid years to put into a phone.

You may check up this link and a host of others to clear your doubts: http://www.cameradebate.com/2012/nokia-808-pureview-camera-review/

Your comparison with a DLSR is not worth a reply

@ the bolded, CLEARLY YOU HAVE SOME SERIOUS PROBLEMS WITH EYESIGHT, COMPREHENSION, AND COMMONSENSE. if thats the conclusion you arrived at after reading my post.

i repeat again, WHO DEBATED ALL THIS RUBBISH WITH YOU SEF? DID I MENTION VIDEO? DID I CASTIGATE THE CAMERA?

And then again, does this mean it is better than a midrange DSLR? have you ever seen a DSLR before? or as usual you just know?

Guy french the nearest transformer o, e no concern me

1 Like

Re: What's All The Noise About Nokia No Longer In Vogue? by walcolm(m): 1:34pm On Aug 15, 2012
@texaspete and 4llerbuntu,

you guys will be wasting your time trying to have a discussion with this jedisco guy. he doesnt use most of the phones he claims he's an expert on.
Re: What's All The Noise About Nokia No Longer In Vogue? by jedisco(m): 6:17pm On Aug 15, 2012
I wonder why my posts are being hidden
Re: What's All The Noise About Nokia No Longer In Vogue? by Nobody: 7:44pm On Aug 15, 2012
Because they glorify mediocrity over excellence; you spoke for the adoption of Acient and primitive tech instead of modern and sophisticated technologies. Apologise now to all NairaLanders

jedisco: I wonder why my posts are being hidden
Re: What's All The Noise About Nokia No Longer In Vogue? by jedisco(m): 9:00pm On Aug 15, 2012
4llerbuntu:

LIES, LIES & DAMNED LIES.

and all liars will go to the nearest house of assembly grin grin grin grin grin

point us to a thread or link where i made such assertion. like i said, you are fairly new around these parts, hence you really know nada abt me, except the few posts you read in the last 2 months. and FYI android is not even my dream/ideal mobile phone OS, nor is it the only one i use, even right now!!! angry angry angry

seems i have a new foe on NL, don't let bad belle kill you. I dunno what you aim to achieve by this unwarranted attack, and what exactly do you intend to achieve anyway?

I do not recall insulting the camera, or stating that the camera or whatsoever all those other things you listed are sub par or poorer than in any other phone. Neither did i mention it having a competitor!

Just because your bad belle is beginning to cloud you vision, i did say "That phone has nothing else going for it except the camera,"

seeing that other people share that view, i just wonder why it is so itchy to you! embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

What is all this balderdash? grin grin grin grin

who follow you argue about picture quality size etc? i said if its the 41 MP marketing thats chopping pple, the picture size makes it impracticable for the [size=14pt]AVERAGE JOE[/size] . i may be wrong but to the best of my knowledge, the average person mostly uses mobile phone pictures for facebook, instagram, blogging etc.

does facebook or instagram allow you upload 10 MP pictures AT FULL RES IN THAT SIZE? maybe im not current, but i coulda sworn my 5 MP pics always lost quality when they get on facebook

how many 10 MP pictures will fit in a 8gb memory card(most common size) that will undoubtedly contain other things apart from pictures?

therefore as a heavy user interested in flexing you 41 MP swagger, you would have to purchase the max 32GB memory card to add to the shared 16GB on the phone to store more of your pics and stuff at a hefty sum, abi 32GB cards are cheap in your shop? N100k plus N

Of which since you can always reduce the picture quality on the phone to get sizes like 3MP, does it make economic sense to you to buy a 100k fone just to get 3 MP pictures? ironically sef, the phone screen itself is too poor to even give you the pictures in their full glory (retina? AMEN SOMEBODY)

i may not be the average joe but last time i checked i had close to 2k pictures on my 8GB memory card, taken by a 8MP camera. e no pass 1.5Gb all those pictures gaan

@ the bolded, CLEARLY YOU HAVE SOME SERIOUS PROBLEMS WITH EYESIGHT, COMPREHENSION, AND COMMONSENSE. if thats the conclusion you arrived at after reading my post.

i repeat again, WHO DEBATED ALL THIS RUBBISH WITH YOU SEF? DID I MENTION VIDEO? DID I CASTIGATE THE CAMERA?

And then again, does this mean it is better than a midrange DSLR? have you ever seen a DSLR before? or as usual you just know?

Guy french the nearest transformer o, e no concern me

1. You stated it clearly on the lumia thread that you can never use a lumia phone. I don't think you would be any kinder to symbian. Also from texs reply to you on that thread its clear you don't consider ios as being worth it. You may not have said it explicitly but your hate for anything non-android easily shows itself.
What would you have said of this device if Nokia adopted android and made this their debut device.

This phone has alot to offer apart from the cam. (Check my reply to tex for clarification).
People who agree with you are either fanboys or not well informed.

2.I really think I need to explain some stuff to you.
The idea of 808 pureview is not to take 38MP pics. As pureview only comes into play when the resolution is reduce. If you choose to do that, its up to you
The picture size produced by this phone are not impracticable and are of like sizes to other phones. Its the quality that differs.
Why do you think that most top DSLRs worth over $5,000 usually hover between 12 - 14MP.

The relationship between MP and image quality is only true for low quality digital cams.
You need to understand the issue of quantity(size) and quality as regards cams.

The 808 does not produce great pics because it has a 41MP cam (you can get 12MP cams that produce better pics). It only has a high MP because it needs that to combine the pixels and produce super pixels in absolutely stunning lower resolution images. Thats what pureview is all about.

Have you ever asked yourself why most of the absolutely stunning pics you see online are usually sized in kb? Can you compare them to the large MB pics produced by your phone?

Like I said before, the 3MP pics are much better than the 38MP pics.

So in summary whether you're looking for small sized pics for socials or large sized ones for keeps, the 808 pureview gives you better pics than any other phone.
If you want to get deceived by the 38MP (like most people out there) then its up to you. But the important thing is that you understand the strength of the camera.

3. As regards the screen and its use as a smartphone, check my reply to tex

4. As regards your comparison with a DSLR you should stick to stuff you're good at. From your reply its clear you know very very little about everyday photography talkless of a DSLR.
The 808 can hold its own against entry level DSLRs (which is amazingly stunning) but not against the mid-range or high-end ones. Again this does not warrant a comparison but praise as this is a smartphone and they are dedicated cameras.
Check this link and get stunned: http://www.gsmarena.com/pureview_blind_test-review-773p3.php
Re: What's All The Noise About Nokia No Longer In Vogue? by texazzpete(m): 10:56pm On Aug 15, 2012
@jedisco The Olympus E-PL2 is not a DSLR...

to take nothing away from your post, the Olympus is an excellent camera and for the Pureview to surpass it is a wonderful achievement. It's just a shame that such great photo detail can never be appreciated on the low res phone screen.

Camera quality is not enough. the OS has to be top notch too. And that's where the 808 falls down dead.

Just wait for a Windows Phone 8 pureview phone. Nokia and Microsoft will probably announce one September 5th.
Re: What's All The Noise About Nokia No Longer In Vogue? by jedisco(m): 4:03am On Aug 16, 2012
texazzpete: @jedisco The Olympus E-PL2 is not a DSLR...

to take nothing away from your post, the Olympus is an excellent camera and for the Pureview to surpass it is a wonderful achievement. It's just a shame that such great photo detail can never be appreciated on the low res phone screen.

Camera quality is not enough. the OS has to be top notch too. And that's where the 808 falls down dead.

Just wait for a Windows Phone 8 pureview phone. Nokia and Microsoft will probably announce one September 5th.

That I know. Moreover I didn't say its a DSLR. Its a micro four- thirds and there is a review bringing all three together.
http://blog.gsmarena.com/nokia-808-pureview-vs-olympus-e-pl2-vs-canon-5d-mark-iii-vs-apple-iphone-4s-38mp-shootout/

I talked on the issue of the screen and the OS in my hidden posts. Maybe I would remove some links and repost it.

Its very very unlikely to see a lumia pureview this year. It took Nokia 5 years to put this on a very familiar OS. It should take atleast a year to move this to WP. But anything can still happen
I think Nokia may just announce WP8 phones this year (which is very important now). Pureview may come at the MWC 2013. And I don't think that would still match the 808. It may be about 20MP which might not bring out the beauty of pureview.
Also because of the phone size I don't think it would be a WP 8 flagship for Nokia especially now it seems as if Nokia wants to start releasing phones the iphone way.
Re: What's All The Noise About Nokia No Longer In Vogue? by jedisco(m): 4:22am On Aug 16, 2012
walcolm: @texaspete and 4llerbuntu,

you guys will be wasting your time trying to have a discussion with this jedisco guy. he doesnt use most of the phones he claims he's an expert on.

I'm still looking for where I claimed to be an expert on many phones. All I can remember saying is that I've used apple and symbian devices.
The thing is that I have a free mind toward any device out there no matter which OS its on.
Re: What's All The Noise About Nokia No Longer In Vogue? by jedisco(m): 4:25am On Aug 16, 2012
aze: Because they glorify mediocrity over excellence; you spoke for the adoption of Acient and primitive tech instead of modern and sophisticated technologies. Apologise now to all NairaLanders

It looks as if you've been trying to get my attention. Well let me give it to you.

Tell me just 2 absolutely innovative techs that have been introduced into the smartphone world this year. Lets see how you define your own mediocrity.
Re: What's All The Noise About Nokia No Longer In Vogue? by jedisco(m): 5:43am On Aug 16, 2012
texazzpete:

Pray tell me, apart from the Pureview camera, what other features?

You mean features like the low res 640 * 360 screen with a meager 184 dpi pixel density? Or the relatively puny 1.3 Ghz CPU and inferior GPU? is it in the apps selection where Symbian is woefully lacking?

Abeg tell me the wondrous 'features' o!

Remember you were the one who called it a low-end smartphone. So its up to you to state why its a low-end smartphone.

Now to the things you listed:

Screen- when taking it together with the competition. On iphone, you have a screen with a high resolution, very high pixel density, but its TFT and with poor outdoor viewing.
On GS III you have an AMOLED screen with a high resolution and good pixel density, but it has a pentile layout and the outdoor visibility is at most average.
On 808 pureview, you have the best outdoor visibility on a phone ( * link removed* ), AMOLED screen with RGB layout, but with a low resolution and pixel density

You can see that none of them has it all and they all have at least 2 important cons (I've left out screen size as its user dependent although I consider 3.5" a tad small). So 808 may not be the best in some screen parameters but its certainly the best in some others.

Also take a look at this video from phonearena comparing the two 808 and GS III and surprisingly the 808 looks much better that the GS. Thats because the lighting was good and Nokia CBD comes into play. ( * link removed* )

APPS- This is another area where I find it hard to understand you guys. Out of curiosity, I've gone through all the favourite apps thread for different platforms on this site and I'm yet to see any useful app not present on symbian. On the other hand, I've seen android users come to the symbian app thread ( * link removed * ), get awed and go back to look for like apps on their platform.
Just to satisfy my curiosity, I got into a argument on symbian vs android and after 7 pages, they could give me nothing.

So my conclusion is that apart from some recent HD games, all useful apps on any other platform are also present on symbian (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong). And its not like symbian lacks HD games (I've got over 50 installed) but some recent ones are missing.
Re: What's All The Noise About Nokia No Longer In Vogue? by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:48am On Aug 16, 2012
hehehe this is serious.

something must be wrong somewhere
[size=18pt]
@ PUSKIN, I HOPE YOU DO UNDERSTAND THAT THIS IS A FORM OF TROLLING AND BAITING?
[/size]
pls do something else i will take the laws into my hands!!!

that said, can somebody kindly help me understand the "debate" on this thread?

i think it started out like this

4llerbuntu:

That phone has nothing else going for it except the camera, and that camera is not exactly practicable for a regular user.

For some reason it elicited the response above.

I then said this:

4llerbuntu:

It resulted in yet another lengthy post about camera and DSLR.

kindly help me connect the dots, im lost
Re: What's All The Noise About Nokia No Longer In Vogue? by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:00am On Aug 16, 2012
jedisco:

1. You stated it clearly on the lumia thread that you can never use a lumia phone. I don't think you would be any kinder to symbian. Also from texs reply to you on that thread its clear you don't consider ios as being worth it. You may not have said it explicitly but your hate for anything non-android easily shows itself.
What would you have said of this device if Nokia adopted android and made this their debut device.

This phone has alot to offer apart from the cam. (Check my reply to tex for clarification).
People who agree with you are either fanboys or not well informed.

I have a new lawyer, who speaks my mind grin grin grin grin

he is also clairvoyant and can deduce what i like or what i dont like from my posts debating facts on NL!!!
wow if feels so good to have a Clairvoyant mouthpiece

Like i said, you know NADA about ANYTHING. replying you is simply giving you props, so that in a few months you will be bragging about having "debated" with texazzpete and 4llerbuntu and "won"

do you know how many phones i have now, or have used? "My hate for anything non-android!!" grin grin angry angry angry angry undecided undecided

SMH

jedisco:
2.I really think I need to explain some stuff to you.
The idea of 808 pureview is not to take 38MP pics. As pureview only comes into play when the resolution is reduce. If you choose to do that, its up to you
The picture size produced by this phone are not impracticable and are of like sizes to other phones. Its the quality that differs.
Why do you think that most top DSLRs worth over $5,000 usually hover between 12 - 14MP.

The relationship between MP and image quality is only true for low quality digital cams.
You need to understand the issue of quantity(size) and quality as regards cams.

The 808 does not produce great pics because it has a 41MP cam (you can get 12MP cams that produce better pics). It only has a high MP because it needs that to combine the pixels and produce super pixels in absolutely stunning lower resolution images. Thats what pureview is all about.

Have you ever asked yourself why most of the absolutely stunning pics you see online are usually sized in kb? Can you compare them to the large MB pics produced by your phone?

Like I said before, the 3MP pics are much better than the 38MP pics.

therefore it makes sense to you to buy a 100K fone to take good 3MP pictures?

OK, can somebody who is a bit more fluent in other languages help me explain to this fellow that THERE IS NOBODY DEBATING THE PROS AND CONS OF CAMERAS WITH HIM? he is talking to himself!!!! where i come from that is ..............

And maybe you can read yoruba so that we can translate our posts into yoruba? or hausa? or french?

what is even more surprising is 3 people have said this

"I find it puzzling that Nokia is selling this low end phone for 100 - 95k...and that normal people are buying at that price."

"You can get a good DSLR for that price na"

"Why the hell should the Nokia pure view be sold at 100k for what? its dumb belle os,to hell with its 41mp Carl ziesis camera what it is the essence of a 41mp on a low resolution screen,"

Are you getting the picture now or we should translate into german?
Re: What's All The Noise About Nokia No Longer In Vogue? by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:14am On Aug 16, 2012
jedisco:
So in summary whether you're looking for small sized pics for socials or large sized ones for keeps, the 808 pureview gives you better pics than any other phone.
If you want to get deceived by the 38MP (like most people out there) then its up to you. But the important thing is that you understand the strength of the camera.

[size=28pt]*FACEPALM*[/size]

jedisco:
4. As regards your comparison with a DSLR you should stick to stuff you're good at. From your reply its clear you know very very little about everyday photography talkless of a DSLR.
The 808 can hold its own against entry level DSLRs (which is amazingly stunning) but not against the mid-range or high-end ones. Again this does not warrant a comparison but praise as this is a smartphone and they are dedicated cameras.
Check this link and get stunned: http://www.gsmarena.com/pureview_blind_test-review-773p3.php

again how did you miss this?

4llerbuntu:
And then again, [size=28pt]does this mean it is better than a midrange DSLR?[/size] have you ever seen a DSLR before? or as usual you just know?

I think the key word there is MIDRANGE DSLR. google the word mid-range, you want it in cantonese?

to make matters worse, in your hurry to copy and paste from websites, you then compared it with the Olympus E-PL2.

Like i pointed out earlier, YOU DID NOT EVEN KNOW WHAT A DSLR IS!!! texazzpete whom i think is getting soft in his old age quietly corrected you

you then quickly googled again. to impress your legions of NL fans. quit making yourself look stupid for the sake of NL yarns.
most of us come here to lighten up and have fun. you need to stop taking it so seriously

incidentally, in all your ramblings, you failed show how and if the 808 is better than a [size=18pt]MID-RANGE[/size] DSLR.
thats on the basis that you now actually know what it means.

then explain why spending N100k plus whatever a 32gb memory card on that POS makes sense when you can buy a good DSLR to give you better pictures at around the same amount

and finally, i have been wanting to ask this question. I understand the WP love. i dont quite get the Symbian love and arguments.
why do you feel the need to convince people who have moved on to better things that symbian is better than what they have?

you do understand that symbian is essentially a deprecated (google the word) platform? like i told you earlier, if the company responsible for pushing symbian has moved on to WP in order to compete and be at par with Android and IOS, then is that platform at par as you always argue?

i dont get, are you from ekiti or ebonyi? seems pple from those parts are very argumentative. from what i see now you simply argue for arguments sake.

GET A GIRLFRIEND, GET LAID. IT HELPS

I most definitely will not be dignifying you with responses going forward.

(1) (Reply)

Info On MTN Android Browsing / Facebook Will Bring Low Cost Internet Access To Nigerians / Please What Do People Achieve Playing Games In Their Mobile Or Psp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.