Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,452 members, 7,961,400 topics. Date: Sunday, 29 September 2024 at 01:20 AM

Indian Minister To Politicians: Steal A Little, But Don't Loot - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Indian Minister To Politicians: Steal A Little, But Don't Loot (7945 Views)

Ghanaian Policemen Dancing With A Little Girl (photo) / Teen Saved A Little Girl From A Kidnapper / Steal A Little, But Don't Loot- Indian Minister Sparks Outcry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Indian Minister To Politicians: Steal A Little, But Don't Loot by kollymercy(m): 7:02pm On Aug 16, 2012
They re still in a very hopeful situation if all they were advised is to steal and not loot. The reverse is the case here, Our politicians dont steal, they just loot!
Re: Indian Minister To Politicians: Steal A Little, But Don't Loot by Cornel88(m): 8:18pm On Aug 16, 2012
Wahala dey o... This is very strange to me. I will love to here the president of Indian's comment on this. This is an open corruption.
Re: Indian Minister To Politicians: Steal A Little, But Don't Loot by Scholar212(m): 8:18pm On Aug 16, 2012
[b][/b]and from stealing it will grow to full blown looting. Anway our politician dont steal they only loot..stealing is 4 freshers
Re: Indian Minister To Politicians: Steal A Little, But Don't Loot by Clemzy16(m): 8:35pm On Aug 16, 2012
Though his statement might sounds kinda weird, but There's great sense in it if you view it from the other side.
Re: Indian Minister To Politicians: Steal A Little, But Don't Loot by sonyjacobs(m): 9:35pm On Aug 16, 2012
Oga indian minister abeg give them the chinese style of capital punishment for corrupt public officer. grin
Re: Indian Minister To Politicians: Steal A Little, But Don't Loot by dealordea(m): 9:46pm On Aug 16, 2012
Only in my fatherland we shall witness don't loot but rob your people..
Re: Indian Minister To Politicians: Steal A Little, But Don't Loot by UKBobo(m): 9:58pm On Aug 16, 2012
'Ele rouba mas faz' - He robs but does things.

Famous quote from the kingpin of Bahian politics in Brasil. This was ACM's election campaign slogan...

I can see it now...

Umar Wahab - PDP aspirant 2025
'I go do 60%, I go chop balance finish!'
Re: Indian Minister To Politicians: Steal A Little, But Don't Loot by Nobody: 10:59pm On Aug 16, 2012
What he said is what we've been saying all along.
No need to crucify the man.

Though I wish for a perfect world, I'm no longer a child so...I don't care that they steal, just:

a) Let us see that you have done good work first. Don't just lock yourself up in your mansion looting night and day. i.e whichever one of them that actually gets off his arse and fixes the sonstant power supply issue in that country will get major props and no-one would really care what he picks for himself.

b) Don't over do it.... like the typical nigerian armed robber that kills their victims in the process just for the lols. Too stupid to understand that if they kill people after robbing them, who will they rob tomorrow? (bad analogy, but you get the point)

c) Please, re-invest the money you stole BACK into the land you stole it from. They have no idea how much these swiss bank executives are laughing at the stupidity of Nigerian politicians and their village-man sense. Zero brain for maintained economics. But ofcourse they won't talk, because they're the ones profiting from it.
Re: Indian Minister To Politicians: Steal A Little, But Don't Loot by freezykul(m): 1:14am On Aug 17, 2012
Freiburger: He is atleast honest.
you are is right all politician still but in the case of nigeria where the only motive is to steal and lout without doin any meaninful work.
Re: Indian Minister To Politicians: Steal A Little, But Don't Loot by freezykul(m): 2:09am On Aug 17, 2012
Re: Indian Minister To Politicians: Steal A Little, But Don't Loot by ORIGINALMAN: 7:13am On Aug 17, 2012
Yes the minister HIT THE NAIL ON HEAD. It is just as saying- (in Igbo language..... Onye n!alu olu ya n!alu ulu, mana ulu akalina olu. This is to say,,, If you are doing good job (for the public) be stealing, but the let not the stealing be more than the job. Off course this is abound all over government prestatals and public place and establishments. Therefore, lets not crucify the minister. He has bared his mind which is obtainable even world wide. He hit the nail right on the head.
Re: Indian Minister To Politicians: Steal A Little, But Don't Loot by ORIGINALMAN: 7:15am On Aug 17, 2012
Yes the minister HIT THE NAIL ON HEAD. It is just as saying- (in Igbo language..... Onye n!alu olu ya n!alu ulu, mana ulu akalina olu. This is to say,,, If you are doing good job (for the public) be stealing, but let not the stealing be more than the job. Off course this is abound all over government prestatals , public places and establishments. Therefore, lets not crucify the minister. He has bared his mind which is obtainable even world wide. He hit the nail right on the head.
Re: Indian Minister To Politicians: Steal A Little, But Don't Loot by erniok(m): 7:48am On Aug 17, 2012
@everyone who supported this man, una be correct guys. The man is talking about reality and not some utopic dream.
I remember orji uzor kalu 1st term, the man did wonders in aba and was loved by the residents even though he was stealing from the state treasury.
Re: Indian Minister To Politicians: Steal A Little, But Don't Loot by mapet: 10:15am On Aug 17, 2012
Please let's stop gratifying robbery under any guise. Office holders are well paid, get fat allowances and subventions. Besides governors have a fat severance packages and pension and other benefit when they leave office, hence THEY DO NOT NEED TO STEAL AT ALL.

Working so hard is for the common good and not for personal benefit. I wonder why we are so soaked in the abys of glutony, corruption and greed. You and your generation's needs are basic. When Orji Uzor Kalu was stealing Abia blind, TELL magazine ran about 2 editions on the rot and the state of stupor the state had been. Where is Abia today? Even Theo Orji, that Kalu quicly swore in 24hrs ahead of schedule to avoid EFCC's arrest resently complained of Kalu's pressure to submit the treasury to him......lesson is that you don't steal a little, you start stealing a little and then you never stop.
Re: Indian Minister To Politicians: Steal A Little, But Don't Loot by mapet: 10:31am On Aug 17, 2012
I remember this story (true or joke).

A top Argentine minister invited other ministers including Nigeria to a dinner in his palatial home (hometown, removed from the city) after some diplomatic conference. The palatial home was a master piece, huge, expensive, gold ladden, even the King Fahd palace in Saudi Arabia can't compare.......

After taking the minister on tour, the Nigerian Oil minister pulled him aside and asked what his secret was to have amassed so much wealth to put up such an edifice. The minister took him to the balcony at the penthouse, pointed towards an horizon. "You see that bridge?" said the Argentine minister. "Yes" replied the Nigerian Oil minister . The Argentine minister now pulled him close and whispered into his ears "30%". The Nigerian minister looked at him, nodded, smilled and left.

6 months later, a diplomatic meeting was held in Abuja. At the end of the meeting, the Nigerian Oil minister in his vote of thanks said he was obliged to receprocate the good gesture extended to all when they were in Argentina 6months ago. So he invited all to his palatial home in his home town. To say the least, the Nigerian Oil minister's house was twice the Argentine Oil minister's in all ramifications. After they went on tour, the Argentine minister pulled his Nigerian counterpart aside and said "I thought you marvelled at my place 6 months ago, now look at yours, twice mine in all regards. Now you tell me your secret".

He was also taken to the balcony of the penthouse and told the Argentine Oil minister to look at the bridge in the horizon. "I see no bridge" he retorted. The Nigerian Oil minister pulled him closer and whispered into his ears "100%"
Re: Indian Minister To Politicians: Steal A Little, But Don't Loot by StepG: 11:02am On Aug 17, 2012
This is a case of stupidity pursuing nonsense.the minister is same as his other bureaucrats. Nigeria is same as India in many ways in short they are our big brothers in both good n evil.the only difference is that Indian corruption has not covered their mind into forgetting where they are n where they are going to.uttar pradesh is where TAJ MAHAL is(one of seven wonders of the world)wel developed and even better than any part of Nigeria.
Re: Indian Minister To Politicians: Steal A Little, But Don't Loot by amaba: 11:52am On Aug 17, 2012
Okija_juju: Brilliant!!

I love this man.. I will actualy cast my vote for this man.. Its impossible for you to be in a position of power and influence, surrounded by money and not take some for yourself.. However, dont loot it!!

Bro, i support ur comment 110%. u take what u can reach. it's a general trend everywhere
Re: Indian Minister To Politicians: Steal A Little, But Don't Loot by erniok(m): 12:29pm On Aug 17, 2012
mapet: Please let's stop gratifying robbery under any guise. Office holders are well paid, get fat allowances and subventions. Besides governors have a fat severance packages and pension and other benefit when they leave office, hence THEY DO NOT NEED TO STEAL AT ALL.

Working so hard is for the common good and not for personal benefit. I wonder why we are so soaked in the abys of glutony, corruption and greed. You and your generation's needs are basic. When Orji Uzor Kalu was stealing Abia blind, TELL magazine ran about 2 editions on the rot and the state of stupor the state had been. Where is Abia today? Even Theo Orji, that Kalu quicly swore in 24hrs ahead of schedule to avoid EFCC's arrest resently complained of Kalu's pressure to submit the treasury to him......lesson is that you don't steal a little, you start stealing a little and then you never stop.

You are talking of TELL that ran those stories during his 2nd term. Everyone was aware that he did nothing but looting during his second term. Go and ask any abia resident about his 1st term.
I still stand by my post. You don't wean a baby one day, its a gradual withdrawal process. For now, let's stick to: work a lot and steal a little.
Re: Indian Minister To Politicians: Steal A Little, But Don't Loot by Nobody: 2:21pm On Aug 17, 2012
grin cheesy sounds like Jona to his band of thieves. I can just picture him with that bowler hat on his head and the irritating smile.
Re: Indian Minister To Politicians: Steal A Little, But Don't Loot by rapmike(m): 5:00pm On Aug 17, 2012
aspabay: A minister in India’s most populous and politically crucial state, Uttar Pradesh, has said bureaucrats can steal a little as long as they work hard -sparking national outcry in a country whose ruling class has long been mired in corruption scandals.
“If you work hard, and put your heart and soul into it … then you are allowed to steal some,” Shivpal Singh Yadav told a gathering of local officials in comments caught on camera. “But don’t be a bandit.”
The comments on Thursday were caught by a local TV camera and then played on newscasts across the country. Yadav, a minister for public works who belongs to the state’s ruling Samajwadi Party, quickly sought to control the damage, calling a news conference to explain that the comments had been taken out of context and that he had been discussing how to combat corruption.
“In that event the media was not allowed in, I don’t know how they sneaked in. And if they had sneaked in, the whole discussion should have come out in the press, not just part of it,” he said on Friday. Uttar Pradesh, which is bigger than Brazil by population, was earlier governed by ‘Dalit Queen’ Mayawati. She has been criticized for spending millions of rupees on building statues of herself Äπϑ buying diamond jewelry despite widespread malnutrition and poverty in her state.

http://tribune.com.pk/story/420707/steal-a-little-but-dont-loot-indian-minister-sparks-outcry/
THIS EVENT SHOWS A COUNTRY WITH MORALE...WHEN SUCH A STATEMENT WAS MADE..INDIANS MADE SUCH AN OUTCRY THAT THE ERRING MINISTER HAD TO CALL A CONFERENCE TO CLEAR HIMSELF UP.IF A NIGERIAN MADE THAT STATEMENT, HE WILL NEVA HAVE TO CALL A PRESS CONFERENCE TO EXPLAIN HIMSELF, HE WILL JUST LET US 'GRUMBLE', WE NEED TO LEARN TO BE ABLE TO FROCE OUR LEADERS TO RESPCT AND FEAR US, THEN WILL THEY NOW WORK FOR US NOT THEMSELVES

1 Like

Re: Indian Minister To Politicians: Steal A Little, But Don't Loot by rapmike(m): 5:04pm On Aug 17, 2012
ALL OF U STINK WITH CORRUPTION angry angry angry angry angry angry angry U ALL SUPPOSE TO BE ARRESTED
Re: Indian Minister To Politicians: Steal A Little, But Don't Loot by ACM10: 9:35am On Aug 18, 2012
Long before the Indian minister gave out this advise to politicians, a certain traditional ruler in Anambra told Gov. Chris Ngige. . .

"i lutu lutu, i zutu zutu, mana ekwena ka uru karia oru"

This translates to "if u works, loot too, but don't let loot surpass work".

So Indians are not alone. Nigerian have that type of mentality too.

(1) (2) (Reply)

China Is Better For Africa Than The West / Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! / Afghan Christians Weep As Taliban Takeover Their Properties

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.