Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,952 members, 7,922,347 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 03:51 AM

Why Is Nigerian Premier League Not Listed On Livescore.com - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Is Nigerian Premier League Not Listed On Livescore.com (7330 Views)

Nigeria League Result Now On Livescore / ,,, / Salaries Of Nigerian Premier League Players. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Nigerian Premier League Not Listed On Livescore.com by sambos994(m): 2:05pm On Aug 14, 2012
Now that I think of it, which league is better than Nigeria?(in terms of performance). In the champions league during the past 5 or 6 years Tunsia has sent ESS and Esperance, Ghana has sent Ashante Kotoko and Hearts of Oak(now Berekum Chelsea), Egypt has sent Al-Alhy and Zamelek, Congo has sent TP Mazembe, and South Africa's Orlando Pirates were recently knocked out of the preliminaries of the champions league by an Angolan team. However, Nigeria has sent Heartland, Kano Pillars, Enyimba, and now Sunshine Stars. We have consistently been to the group stage semi finals or finals for the past five years so we can't be that bad. Plus, Enyimba were the only team in the continent to win back to back champs. league.
Re: Why Is Nigerian Premier League Not Listed On Livescore.com by Freiburger(m): 2:07pm On Aug 14, 2012
AjanleKoko:

Nigerians and pay sha.
Money play a huge role here bro, even in a county like Germany where some division 2 leauge players are paid as much as $30k weekly there are still cases of match fixing compared to places where players are struggling to get the disired football boots.
Re: Why Is Nigerian Premier League Not Listed On Livescore.com by Freiburger(m): 2:08pm On Aug 14, 2012
mkmyers45:

With all of england,spain and italian huge player salaries match fixing still goes on
did i just said minimized?
Re: Why Is Nigerian Premier League Not Listed On Livescore.com by mkmyers45(m): 2:10pm On Aug 14, 2012
Freiburger:
did i just said minimized?

Ok, but i put it to you that if all Nigerian soccer fans start following and going crazy for NPL teams surely they will improve in finance,play quality and what not

1 Like

Re: Why Is Nigerian Premier League Not Listed On Livescore.com by AjanleKoko: 2:11pm On Aug 14, 2012
Freiburger:
Money play a huge role here bro, even in a county live Germany where some division 2 leauge players are paid as much as $30k weekly there are still cases of match fixing compared to places where players are struggling to get the disired football boots.

There is no money you would pay a Nigerian today, that they wouldn't still accept a bribe for something, or run some scam on the side.
Tell me about it. I live and work here. What some people risk their very good jobs over is simply unbelievable.
Re: Why Is Nigerian Premier League Not Listed On Livescore.com by RickyRoss1(m): 2:14pm On Aug 14, 2012
THIS IS GOOD QUESTION, I HAVE BEEN WONDERING ABOUT THIS AS WELL. ON LIVESCORE.COM YOU WILL SEE LOTS OF POVERTY STRICKEN COUNTRIES LISTED AND NIGERIA IS NOT THERE, I DO NOT BELIEVE THAT NIGERIAN LEAGUE IS THAT BORING THAT IT CANNOT MAKE IT TO LIVESCORE.COM.

THIS IS A VERY GOOD POST, I WOULDN'T WANT TO SEE OR HEAR ANYONE COMING HERE TO ASK HOW CAN THIS POST REDUCE THE PRICE OF GARRI... IF YOU NEED TO ASK SUCH QUESTION KINDLY GO TO THE NATIONAL ASSEMBLY OR YOU GO TO YOUR STATE GOVERNMENT.
Re: Why Is Nigerian Premier League Not Listed On Livescore.com by RickyRoss1(m): 2:16pm On Aug 14, 2012
sambos994: Now that I think of it, which league is better than Nigeria?(in terms of performance). In the champions league during the past 5 or 6 years Tunsia has sent ESS and Esperance, Ghana has sent Ashante Kotoko and Hearts of Oak(now Berekum Chelsea), Egypt has sent Al-Alhy and Zamelek, Congo has sent TP Mazembe, and South Africa's Orlando Pirates were recently knocked out of the preliminaries of the champions league by an Angolan team. However, Nigeria has sent Heartland, Kano Pillars, Enyimba, and now Sunshine Stars. We have consistently been to the group stage semi finals or finals for the past five years so we can't be that bad. Plus, Enyimba were the only team in the continent to win back to back champs. league.

WORD
Re: Why Is Nigerian Premier League Not Listed On Livescore.com by mkmyers45(m): 2:17pm On Aug 14, 2012
Ricky_Ross: THIS IS GOOD QUESTION, I HAVE BEEN WONDERING ABOUT THIS AS WELL. ON LIVESCORE.COM YOU WILL SEE LOTS OF POVERTY STRICKEN COUNTRIES LISTED AND NIGERIA IS NOT THERE, I DO NOT BELIEVE THAT NIGERIAN LEAGUE IS THAT BORING THAT IT CANNOT MAKE IT TO LIVESCORE.COM.

THIS IS A VERY GOOD POST, I WOULDN'T WANT TO SEE OR HEAR ANYONE COMING HERE TO ASK HOW CAN THIS POST REDUCE THE PRICE OF GARRI... IF YOU NEED TO ASK SUCH QUESTION KINDLY GO TO THE NATIONAL ASSEMBLY OR YOU GO TO YOUR STATE GOVERNMENT.

When last did you watch a Nigerian premier league match live on NTA?
Re: Why Is Nigerian Premier League Not Listed On Livescore.com by Freiburger(m): 2:21pm On Aug 14, 2012
mkmyers45:

Ok, but i put it to you that if all Nigerian soccer fans start following and going crazy for NPL teams surely they will improve in finance,play quality and what not
This is a management problem and not the the fans, does the Holland 1st league(dutch Eredivisie) has more crazy and dedicated fans than the NPL?
Re: Why Is Nigerian Premier League Not Listed On Livescore.com by wassade: 2:22pm On Aug 14, 2012
Ω̴̩̩̩̥α bcz of ojoro now. For naija league no away win
Re: Why Is Nigerian Premier League Not Listed On Livescore.com by RickyRoss1(m): 2:23pm On Aug 14, 2012
AjanleKoko:

There is no money you would pay a Nigerian today, that they wouldn't still accept a bribe for something, or run some scam on the side.
Tell me about it. I live and work here. What some people risk their very good jobs over is simply unbelievable.

THATS PURE CRAP/LIE 100%... NOT EVERY NIGERIAN IS CORRUPT, DONT TALK RUBBISH. I HAVE SEEN A UNIVERSITY LECTURER WHO REFUSED TO ACCEPT BRIBE FROM HIS STUDENTS, HE BLUNTLY TOLD HIS STUDENTS ALL HIS CHILDREN ARE GRADUATES AND HE DOESNT NEED BRIBE MONEY FOR ANYTHING AND THE SALARY HE RECEIVES IS MORE THAN ENOUGH FOR HIM AND HIS WIFE... I HAVE SEEN A POLICE GUY THAT REFUSED TO TAKE BRIBE FROM ONE OF OUR VILLAGE CHIEFS TO NAIL AN INNOCENT POOR GUY. I HAVE SEEN MANY HONEST NIGERIANS WITHIN AND OUTSIDE MY STATE OF ORIGIN, COMING ONLINE TO SAY 100% OF NIGERIANS ARE CORRUPT IS PURE BULSHIIIT. MAYBE YOU ARE TOO CORRUPT YOU CAN SELL YOUR MOTHER FOR MONEY, THAT DOES NOT MEAN EVERY NIGERIAN IS LIKE YOU.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Nigerian Premier League Not Listed On Livescore.com by mkmyers45(m): 2:25pm On Aug 14, 2012
Freiburger:
This is a management problem and not the the fans, does the Holland 1st league(dutch Eredivisie) has more crazy and dedicated fans than the NPL?

How many nigerians follow the local teams in towns where they live? Can you explain the correlation between eredivisie and NPL?

1 Like

Re: Why Is Nigerian Premier League Not Listed On Livescore.com by anicho(m): 2:31pm On Aug 14, 2012
9ja needs help. LET US SWAP COUNTRIES WITH ENGLAND. #suggestion#
Re: Why Is Nigerian Premier League Not Listed On Livescore.com by RickyRoss1(m): 2:36pm On Aug 14, 2012
brownlord:

Then the IFFHS are mad and they dont know what they doing, Nigeria do not even go near 10th in Africa and should even be ranked in the world in the first place, which useless 24th, hw did they got there, or league with oldest player in the world, we are Number 1 now if that what they mean

MR TALKATIVE, IT IS FOOLS LIKE YOU THAT DONT WANT TO HEAR ANY GOOD NEWS FROM NIGERIA.
TELL ME HOW MANY AFRICAN COUNTRIES HAVE YOU BEEN TO AND HOW MANY OF THEIR LEAGUES HAVE YOU SEEN? CAN U TELL US, IN YOUR OWN SHALLOW THINKING, WHICH ARE THE BIGGEST AND BEST LEAGUES IN AFRICA? IN TERMS OF SALARY, APART FROM THE FEW NORTH AFRICAN COUNTRIES AND SOUTH AFRICA, MENTION ANY OTHER AFRICAN COUNTRY THAT PAYS AS MUCH AS THE NFL? I KNOW THE PAY IN NIGERIA IS POOR, BUT I HAVE SEEN POOORER LEAGUES ACROSS AFRICA, YOU GUYS MUST STOP PUTTING NIGERIAN DOWN. NIGERIA IS THE ONLY HOPE OF THE BLACK RACE, THERE IS NO BLACK COUNTRY THAT CAN COMPETE WITH NIGERIA IN ANYTHING. I KNOW WE CAN DO BETTER THAN THIS, BUT IN REALITY WE ARE NOT AS BAD AS SOME FOLKS RANT ON THE INTERNET...
Re: Why Is Nigerian Premier League Not Listed On Livescore.com by sambos994(m): 2:37pm On Aug 14, 2012
Nigerians need to stop kissing Chelsea's, Arsenal's, and Man u's @ss and come to a Nigerian match every once in a while. South African football sucks, yet the people come to their matches.....and don't even give me the "Nigerian league doesn't have money" crap. If Nigerians can come and pay for tickets, sit down and enjoy the match...that would help the league a lot.
Re: Why Is Nigerian Premier League Not Listed On Livescore.com by Freiburger(m): 2:41pm On Aug 14, 2012
mkmyers45:

How many nigerians follow the local teams in towns where they live? Can you explain the correlation between eredivisie and NPL?
It might not be uniformed all over Nigeria, but my point is, the NPL has got more dedicated fans than the dutch league.
Re: Why Is Nigerian Premier League Not Listed On Livescore.com by mkmyers45(m): 2:47pm On Aug 14, 2012
Freiburger:
It might not be uniformed all over Nigeria, but my point is, the NPL has got more dedicated fans than the dutch league.

I seriously beg to differ bro....
Re: Why Is Nigerian Premier League Not Listed On Livescore.com by Eifeh(m): 2:49pm On Aug 14, 2012
Lobi star vs rangers 2morow match free bus (coal city shutlle). To makurdi see you their, up rangers up 042
Re: Why Is Nigerian Premier League Not Listed On Livescore.com by mkmyers45(m): 2:51pm On Aug 14, 2012
Eifeh: Lobi star vs rangers 2morow match free bus (coal city shutlle). To makurdi see you their, up rangers up 042

where is the bus taking off from?
Re: Why Is Nigerian Premier League Not Listed On Livescore.com by sambos994(m): 2:55pm On Aug 14, 2012
Eifeh: Lobi star vs rangers 2morow match free bus (coal city shutlle). To makurdi see you their, up rangers up 042

I'm praying for d Rangers to win...so Kano Pillars and Enugu Rangers could be in champions league
Re: Why Is Nigerian Premier League Not Listed On Livescore.com by ayusbobs(m): 2:55pm On Aug 14, 2012
Eyimba is the first club to win the ACL back to back but not d only club dat won it
Re: Why Is Nigerian Premier League Not Listed On Livescore.com by sambos994(m): 2:57pm On Aug 14, 2012
ayusbobs: Eyimba is the first club to win it ACL back to back but not d only club dat won it

I know
Re: Why Is Nigerian Premier League Not Listed On Livescore.com by Freiburger(m): 2:59pm On Aug 14, 2012
mkmyers45:

I seriously beg to differ bro....
I've got no special link for this, but from my own estimate only about 2.5million fan are registered to the about 20,000 football clubs in holland, i don't think a country like Nigeria has only 2.5million football fans whether rigistered or not.
Re: Why Is Nigerian Premier League Not Listed On Livescore.com by ayusbobs(m): 3:00pm On Aug 14, 2012
sambos994:

I know
which club do u support cos i see u love d local league
Re: Why Is Nigerian Premier League Not Listed On Livescore.com by sambos994(m): 3:05pm On Aug 14, 2012
ayusbobs:
which club do u support cos i see u love d local league

I like Enyimba....but I'm torn between Kano and Enugu
Re: Why Is Nigerian Premier League Not Listed On Livescore.com by mkmyers45(m): 3:06pm On Aug 14, 2012
Freiburger:
I've got no special link for this, but from my own estimate only about 2.5million fan are registered to the about 20,000 football clubs in holland, i don't think a country like Nigeria has only 2.5million football fans whether rigistered or not.

Dont be suprised if we have lower than 1 mil in Nigeria....at least every week the Dutch League Clubs get packed stadiums
Re: Why Is Nigerian Premier League Not Listed On Livescore.com by ayusbobs(m): 3:07pm On Aug 14, 2012
sambos994:

I like Enyimba....but I'm torn between Kano and Enugu
my love goes to shooting stars,i pray they win a continental ticket dz year. They r meeting warri wolves tomorrow
Re: Why Is Nigerian Premier League Not Listed On Livescore.com by Freiburger(m): 3:07pm On Aug 14, 2012
mkmyers45:

Dont be suprised if we have lower than 1 mil in Nigeria....at least every week the Dutch League Clubs get packed stadiums
Not really.
Re: Why Is Nigerian Premier League Not Listed On Livescore.com by ayusbobs(m): 3:10pm On Aug 14, 2012
Is there a section on this forum for NPL where we can talk abt our darling club n get to know more abt our Players,transfers and club history

1 Like

Re: Why Is Nigerian Premier League Not Listed On Livescore.com by sambos994(m): 3:11pm On Aug 14, 2012
ayusbobs:
my love goes to shooting stars,i pray they win a continental ticket dz year. They r meeting warri wolves tomorrow

I hope they make it to confed....they're pretty good
Re: Why Is Nigerian Premier League Not Listed On Livescore.com by mkmyers45(m): 3:12pm On Aug 14, 2012
Freiburger:
Not really.

Well, im speaking for thier top six... Feyenoord,Ajax,Twente,Arnhem, etc
Re: Why Is Nigerian Premier League Not Listed On Livescore.com by Freiburger(m): 3:13pm On Aug 14, 2012
I missed those days when Bendel insurance football club of Benin won the WAFU and the CAF cup the same season.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kano Pillars 0-2 Enyimba - Super Cup Final Full Time / Amodu Shuaibu Returns As Eagle's Technical Director / Wenger Bid £4m For Peter Odemwingie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.