Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,396 members, 7,891,746 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 06:16 PM

LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released (21728 Views)

LASTMA Official, Army Cadet & Police In A Brawl In Lagos Today (Pics) / LASTMA Official, Who Slumped On Traffic Duty, Dies (photo) / A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by boyendowed(m): 6:00pm On Aug 14, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Wait a sec. . .who took the pictures??!

I mean someone just happened to take a picture of the woman with the deceased moments before he became deceased??!

Hmmmmm, something ain't right.

Maybe someone liked the car and took a picture of it.The person wasn't necessarily taking a picture of the deceased or the accused.
Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by SisiKill1: 6:00pm On Aug 14, 2012
doctokwus:
If d actual pix existed,it wud av gone viral by now!D stupid pple posted a random pix& attached d story to it.Dat pix above is no evidence of anything,it doesn't evn prove dat jeep was driving against traffic,talkless of showing how d lastma was killed.If any passerby snappd any pix,it wud av bn dat of d crushed lastma man,I trust nigerians for dat, dan dat rubbish above.Who wud pick any interest in snapping an official standing beside an empty car?
Abso-Freaking-lutely True!!

This is a country where video of guys raping a girl went viral hours after it happened oh!
Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by SisiKill1: 6:02pm On Aug 14, 2012
boyendowed:

Maybe someone liked the car and took a picture of it.The person wasn't necessarily taking a picture of the deceased or the accused.

Wow! Oooooookay!

Adding that to the list of explanations. lipsrsealed
Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by bigass(f): 6:03pm On Aug 14, 2012
Murder case over. Now when will she be charged and tried for her traffic offense? Impound the car and give her 3 years imprisonment straight!! Abi she no drive one way?
Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by mavinc4u(f): 6:14pm On Aug 14, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

But who took the video and picture and why??!!

How did they happen to be there right at the very moment before the man died to take his picture??!!

Don't you find it all strange?

Huh

please i have one question for you and if you can answer that then you can answer this one.who took pictures of Dana air crash before it was aired on television,who took the pictures of 2 policemen fighting for money on the road that you see on some of the social forum.a lot pictures have been taken without the victims knowing,who took them.you can sue the woman in your dream since you are not happy the way God did.

1 Like

Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by bigass(f): 6:18pm On Aug 14, 2012
mavinc4u: .

please i have one question for you and if you can answer that then you can answer this one.who took pictures of Dana air crash before it was aired on television,who took the pictures of 2 policemen fighting for money on the road that you see on some of the social forum.a lot pictures have been taken without the victims knowing,who took them.you can sue the woman in your dream since you are not happy the way God did.
Everything for you pple na God. Person violated traffic law u still dey mention God. If you slap someone I'm sure u go mention God
Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by wellmax(m): 6:18pm On Aug 14, 2012
Okija_juju:
It just goes to show you how useless the Nigerian Police are..
Now if this were a civilized Nation, the simple investigation technique would have;
1. Checked the type marks on the body of the victim and compare it to that on the suspects SUV. .

Wrong, there is no way body marks will be compared to the one on the vehicle, the victim could die of shock, bleeding, internal bleeding, broken vesels etc
Okija_juju:
2. Blood. If the woman ran him over, then there would be blood evidence on the vehicle.

Who says the victim bled to death? When you car hit some, several reasons apart form bleeding could result to death.
Okija_juju:
3. Damages. The car would sustain damages similar to those on the body of the deceased. .

This your logic is making me laugh, we are talking of car and a human being not a car and a lorry.
Okija_juju:
4. Eyewitness Testimony: I'm sure that the LASTMA Official wasnt acting alone. If the others there gave false statement to the Police, then I suggest that they be detained for giving misleading testimony. Also they could have asked the people in the vicinity wat happened.

Mr man they are all witnesses, let the court decide who is saying the truth

Okija_juju:
MORAL LESSON!!! Always Take pictures of the crime scene just for cases like this... Some Nigerians including myself had sentenced her to death since!! Thank God for this photo.
Next time a car hit you, bring out your BB and take pictures grin grin grin
Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by mavinc4u(f): 6:18pm On Aug 14, 2012
bigass: Murder case over. Now when will she be charged and tried for her traffic offense? Impound the car and give her 3 years imprisonment straight!! Abi she no drive one way?

i don't think that should be relevant cos the equation has been balanced.they accussed her of a crime she did not commit so she will sue them for emotional trauma and child abuse,allowing her 2months child to stay over the counter with her,thereby perceiving bad odour that comes from the prison room so the better you let that woman be the better for them.
Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by LeJeun3: 6:21pm On Aug 14, 2012
CHESSBOARD:

There is no driver in that car, the woman probably was in the back where d guy was standing, but the question who took the pix and why because this is Nigeria

U have forgotten how it works? They stop you, you get down, one guards ur car, while you go to talk to the Oga.
Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by Nobody: 6:21pm On Aug 14, 2012
They are called LASTMA not LASMA. tongue
Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by chucky234(m): 6:24pm On Aug 14, 2012
Thank God for smartphones,Yinka would have been sent straight to Kirikiri without trial.
It takes only divine miracle for one to survive such accusation,especially being accused by a govt agency like LASTMA.
Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by wellmax(m): 6:24pm On Aug 14, 2012
feature11: They are called LASTMA not LASMA. tongue

Thank you jare, I'd been fascinated by their illiteracy.
Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by mavinc4u(f): 6:29pm On Aug 14, 2012
JOXY: yes she is free in the sight of men but in the sight of God nko?

Come to think of it, this is what the government is trying to guide against in the first place. Had she not taking one way the man would have being alive today. Although she did not kill the man directly she killed him indirectly. My advise to her is to ask God for forgiveness and also do what she can for the decessed family. MARK MY WORD THE DEVIL USED HER INDIRECTLY.[b]yes she is free in the sight of men but in the sight of God nko?

Come to think of it, this is what the government is trying to guide against in the first place. Had she not taking one way the man would have being alive today. Although she did not kill the man directly she killed him indirectly. My advise to her is to ask God for forgiveness and also do what she can for the decessed family. MARK MY WORD THE DEVIL USED HER INDIRECTLY.[/b]yes she is free in the sight of men but in the sight of God nko?

Come to think of it, this is what the government is trying to guide against in the first place. Had she not taking one way the man would have being alive today. Although she did not kill the man directly she killed him indirectly. My advise to her is to ask God for forgiveness and also do what she can for the decessed family. MARK MY WORD THE DEVIL USED HER INDIRECTLY.

am sorry to say this but a man doesn't die within a twinkle of an eye.people first die in the spirit before coming to physical death.the man was long dead but devil was looking for who to put the blame on him/her but couldn't execute his plan with the woman as God was there for her and the man has to go to rest so he pushed him to the danfo,is a pity it all happened that way but don't put the blame on the poor woman.lets leave it to God,he understands what happens in the spiritual world better than us .that is why is always good to pray before leaving the house.no offence..
Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by doctokwus: 6:30pm On Aug 14, 2012
mavinc4u:

Sorry,though not meant for me,but here goes:Pictures of dana were of d crashd plane,not of d pilot posing beside d cockpit;2 policemen were snappd FIGHTING,not doin policework.Nobody is here saying a murdere has bn let off d hook,but for pple to think d country is populated by pple dat don't know how 2figure things out,by posting a random picture dat doesn't prove anything is d issue here,@least for me it is my own grouse,not dat I aint happy for d 'innocent banker'
Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by mavinc4u(f): 6:35pm On Aug 14, 2012
bigass: Everything for you pple na God. Person violated traffic law u still dey mention God. If you slap someone I'm sure u go mention God

hello,please are you blind or something,do you read the question the guy asked that called for the answer.of course,everything is God.apply your statement to the case of mary magdalene and get the answer.
Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by Nobody: 6:39pm On Aug 14, 2012
Na yoruba that is y she was released. If na igbo chai...ewon straight
Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by mavinc4u(f): 6:41pm On Aug 14, 2012
doctokwus:
Sorry,though not meant for me,but here goes:Pictures of dana were of d crashd plane,not of d pilot posing beside d cockpit;2 policemen were snappd FIGHTING,not doin policework.Nobody is here saying a murdere has bn let off d hook,but for pple to think d country is populated by pple dat don't know how 2figure things out,by posting a random picture dat doesn't prove anything is d issue here,@least for me it is my own grouse,not dat I aint happy for d 'innocent banker'
if eyewitness were there to take the pictures then they were there to take the pictures of the scenerio.people just love taking pictures in case.if i say God did it that way,some people will say am supporting evil but that is the truth.
And by the way,did i quote your post,it seems people are getting confused here.am out dear.
Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by lanrefront1(m): 6:42pm On Aug 14, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

Explanation offered so far

1) LASTMA took the pictures because it is Protocol. . .then isn't it silly of them to try to pin the murder on her? Didn't they think for a second that people will demand the pictures they took seeing as everyone one knows they must have taken pictures since it is protocol?

2) Random Person walking down the street took the picture. . .ya know because LASTMA stopping someone is such a rare occurrence in Lagos, it needed to be captured on video and picture for posterity's sake. You know what, no need for further analysis on this one. .. Just show us how many Random pictures you took today of things that don't concern you directly.

3) She took the Pictures herself - Yet she let them arrest her and throw her in jail with her baby. This is a banker (thank you journalists for constantly reminding us of that fact) not some Janey Go Lucky off the streets, so it is reasonable to to assume she has some connections to people who are some clout then yet she didn't reach out to anyone, to provide them with the videos and picture before things got out of hand.

Hmmm. . .I think amma hafta go with the Reporter slapping any ol pix on his article to beef up his story. Hey this is just me, you don't hafta believe the same thing I do, ya know.

Don't really know what your qualms is? This thing is in realm of possibilty.

If for instance she took the pictures herself, you think being a smart woman she'll just show it to the police like that? Do you live in Nigeria? I doubt it, because if do, you will know that the police will simply delete those pictures and say they never existed.

While I was in school, there was a case which police arrested some students driving a posh car. They said they beleived the students were robbers. While already in the cell, they offered the police their I'd cards as proof. They simply collected it. When someone higher authority came, they said the students never showed them any ID, they were lying.

Not everyone is a dullard. Some of us are street-smart and Yinla Johnson is probably one of such person.

Then concerning Lastma taking the pictures? You can pin human behaviour down to any law. Lastma is not one person. One of the officials who is not comfortable with the frame-up or later came to his senses that what they are tryng to do is evil could have offered the pictures. A boss could have also gotten to the bottom of truth in the matter and order the picture to be surrendered to save the agency from a bigger disgrace.

2 Likes

Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by me1234: 6:46pm On Aug 14, 2012
am still confused!!!!
Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by spyder880(m): 6:54pm On Aug 14, 2012
I take casual pictures everyday, just that cases have not arison on any of the incidences. I have accident pictures seconds after it occured, fight pictures and police taking br...... grin
Sorry but I dont see anything unusual about the pics.
Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by SisiKill1: 6:58pm On Aug 14, 2012
me1234: am still confused!!!!

You are not alone. . .my brother, you are not alone!! cheesy cheesy

doctokwus:

At some point, you just gotta throw you hands in the air and move on. You don't wanna run the risk of being accused of being the enemy of the woman in question sent by the ghost of her great grand stepmother who wants to "do" her from the grave, now do ya? cheesy cheesy

lanre_front:

Don't really know what your qualms is? This thing is in realm of possibilty.

If for instance she took the pictures herself, you think being a smart woman she'll just show it to the police like that? Do you live in Nigeria? I doubt it, because if do, you will know that the police will simply delete those pictures and say they never existed.

While I was in school, there was a case which police arrested some students driving a posh car. They said they beleived the students were robbers. While already in the cell, they offered the police their I'd cards as proof. They simply collected it. When someone higher authority came, they said the students never showed them any ID, they were lying.

Not everyone is a dullard. Some of us are street-smart and Yinla Johnson is probably one of such person.

Then concerning Lastma taking the pictures? You can pin human behaviour down to any law. Lastma is not one person. One of the officials who is not comfortable with the frame-up or later came to his senses that what they are tryng to do is evil could have offered the pictures. A boss could have also gotten to the bottom of truth in the matter and order the picture to be surrendered to save the agency from a bigger disgrace.

Hmmmmmm
Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by spyder880(m): 7:01pm On Aug 14, 2012
chucky234: Thank God for smartphones,Yinka would have been sent straight to Kirikiri without trial.
It takes only divine miracle for one to survive such accusation,especially being accused by a govt agency like LASTMA.

I have taken up to 7000 pictures stored on my phone, I carry it around everyday and document and store everything on another computer. I have more than 5000 pictures on nairaland and other social sites. I advice everyone in naija to buy a good camera and snap things, many of our problems could be solved by hard facts.
Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by lanrefront1(m): 7:02pm On Aug 14, 2012
Posted by Wellmax

Okija_juju:
It just goes to show you how useless
the Nigerian Police are..
Now if this were a civilized Nation, the
simple investigation technique would
have;
1. Checked the type marks on the
body of the victim and compare it to
that on the suspects SUV. .
Wrong, there is no way body marks will
be compared to the one on the vehicle,
the victim could die of shock, bleeding,
internal bleeding, broken vesels etc
Okija_juju:
2. Blood. If the woman ran him over,
then there would be blood evidence
on the vehicle.
Who says the victim bled to death?
When you car hit some, several reasons
apart form bleeding could result to
death.
Okija_juju:
3. Damages. The car would sustain
damages similar to those on the body
of the deceased. .
This your logic is making me laugh, we
are talking of car and a human being
not a car and a lorry.
Okija_juju:
4. Eyewitness Testimony: I'm sure that
the LASTMA Official wasnt acting
alone. If the others there gave false
statement to the Police, then I suggest
that they be detained for giving
misleading testimony. Also they could
have asked the people in the vicinity
wat happened.
Mr man they are all witnesses, let the
court decide who is saying the truth
Okija_juju:
MORAL LESSON!!! Always Take
pictures of the crime scene just for
cases like this... Some Nigerians
including myself had sentenced her to
death since!! Thank God for this photo.
Next time a car hit you, bring out your
BB and take pictures

@ Wellmax

Everything the guy has said his true. If a car ran over someone with enough force to kill, one of the above will be available. A car ran over someone? Why won't there be tyre marks on the cloth?

The guy is making sense. You on the other hand, you are just displaying English and stupidity. Just opposing for opposing sake.

On the first thread opened on the matter, you were one of the vocal crucifying the woman. In fact, you were actually talking as if you were there gangan, korokoro

Now, they say the woman has been freed you are still on your campeign. You must have a wicked mind. You are one of those Nigerians that will pour petrol on a boy and burn him just because you heard people shouting ole. You'll go ahead without even investigating. Such a thing happened in Lagos and it was captued on camera and showed on Channels TV.
Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by BOUNTYDOG(m): 7:10pm On Aug 14, 2012
Well in life judgement is of God & over time we make some mistakes when power is being in our hands,I refrain from being elaborateas the LASTMA officer was operating solely for the pockets & might ve & did not regard Gods creation {himself}by standing in front of a car being driven by a woman under tension.like I said traffic offence shoukd ve been treated by law not by God now he has subjected the poor lady to conscience as its the only inner judgement we have otherwise Gods judgement.
Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by amodaade: 7:14pm On Aug 14, 2012
If there was indeed a driver, where was he when the picture was taken. Also, i find it intriguing that there were no onlookers, passersby and other vehicles in the background. Just the car and the lastman. Food for thought.
CHESSBOARD:

There is no driver in that car, the woman probably was in the back where d guy was standing, but the question who took the pix and why because this is Nigeria
Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by pampy: 7:22pm On Aug 14, 2012
Not a single word for the deceased. May his soul rest in peace.
Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by andyanders: 7:23pm On Aug 14, 2012
These LASTMA officials where looking for an escape goat to hang the case on and have seen that they lady seems t them that she has the money for them to steal.

LASTMA officials are more to criminality that what we think they employed them for. Thank God for the woman and technology. How can a can kill someone and no impact? That goes to show you that these officials are bunch of criminals recruited to rob from the public.,
Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by doctokwus: 7:26pm On Aug 14, 2012
amodaade: If there was indeed a driver, where was he when the picture was taken. Also, i find it intriguing that there were no onlookers, passersby and other vehicles in the background. Just the car and the lastman. Food for thought.
My brother,it is wao! Nobody wants d woman to b accused wrongly.Pictures are randomly taken,no argument,but y giv pple d impression dat d pix above is prove of her innocence.We must learn to make pple giv us relevant facts,not dwelling on conjectures& rumors.
What if d lastma official shown above is still alive& is not d deceased,can u imagine d trauma to him& his family?
Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by BJ4REEL(m): 7:30pm On Aug 14, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

But who took the video and picture and why??!!

How did they happen to be there right at the very moment before the man died to take his picture??!!

Don't you find it all strange?

Huh
thank God someone,is thinking my direction too...this is nigeria o....on a very gud day,who would'v taken that picture and even a video,;like d photographer was suspecting there would be a need for evidence??.. Who took d picture? How did d person know that an incident like that would take place,and as such,takes d picture for evidence of some sort??
Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by 5columnist: 7:31pm On Aug 14, 2012
Latsma's photographic evidence played against them this time around. During the investigation, Police requested for lastma's standard way of proofing an offence has been comitted to be brought forward. This evidences come in form of photgraphic or video evidence. So for all those who do not know and has found succour in their ignorance as to @who took the pictures@, here is your answer. Ode!
Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by 5columnist: 7:33pm On Aug 14, 2012
boyendowed:

Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by 5columnist: 7:31pm
Latsma's photographic evidence played against them this time around. During the investigation, Police requested for lastma's standard way of proofing an offence has been comitted to be brought forward. This evidences come in form of photgraphic or video evidence. So for all those who do not know and has found succour in their ignorance as to @who took the pictures@, here is your answer. Ode!
Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by Okijajuju1(m): 7:35pm On Aug 14, 2012
wellmax:

Wrong, there is no way body marks will be compared to the one on the vehicle, the victim could die of shock, bleeding, internal bleeding, broken vesels etc.

You jus said and I quote "there is no way".. This shows you have minimal knowledge of human anatomy and crime scene investigation. It is standard that that skin would leave marks on it if a car drives over it. You are on the internet, use google.

wellmax:
Who says the victim bled to death? When you car hit some, several reasons apart form bleeding could result to death.

Thats why I listed several physical examinations that could be carried out on the victim and this one was in the case of blood loss.

wellmax: This your logic is making me laugh, we are talking of car and a human being not a car and a lorry.

This sir in not a logic but an investigation technique. In the case of high and medium impact, there is always damage to the vehicle. Even in somme instance of low impact, small damages can be found on the car.
wellmax:
Mr man they are all witnesses, let the court decide who is saying the truth

At this point you have started talking rubbish. All parties involved in the case are not the only witnesses present at the time of his death so what are you talking about?! Dude, you really need to broaden you horizon.

wellmax:
Next time a car hit you, bring out your BB and take pictures grin grin grin

Now I wish i hadnt wasted my time responding to you.. Who talked about the dead taking pictures?! Like did u even comprehend that message?!

Na wah sha! Some people dey reason like dolphin sha..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Jonathan May Not Run On APC Ticket / Osinbajo Decorates Innocent Chukwuma, Defence Academy Awards Him Honorary Degree / NIN-SIM Linkage Gets October 31 Deadline Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.