Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,337 members, 7,925,999 topics. Date: Tuesday, 20 August 2024 at 08:13 AM

This Is What We Havedone So Far - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / This Is What We Havedone So Far (824 Views)

What UNILAG 14days Strike Has Caused To Me So Far. / What's The Highest Jamb Score U've Seen So Far? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

This Is What We Havedone So Far by gben1: 4:10pm On Dec 23, 2007
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 05:18:37 -0800 (PST)
From: "Ayodeji Ilori" <ayojava@yahoo.com> Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
Yahoo! DomainKeys has confirmed that this message was sent by yahoo.com. Learn more
Subject: Bank PHB and Carrington Heritage Foundation-(CBN please Investigate this)
To: anticorruptionunit@cenbank.org, info@cenbank.org, cad@cenbank.org
CC: olumide_adisa05@yahoo.co.uk, ogundipe_gbenga01@yahoo.com, frank_lolu@yahoo.com, NKEREUWEM.E.UWATT@firstbanknigeria.com, sadeolah@hotmail.com
Good Day,
My name is Ilori Ayodeji. I would like to bring to your notice about a programme we applied for through an organisation in the UK but we are yet to receive a response on the subject matter.
Earlier during the year, I saw an advert in the Vanguard Newspapers about a certain organisation "The Carrington Heritage Organisation".In the advert they told us that they wanted to offer scholarship to Nigerian students to pursue their postgraduate studies in the United Kingdom for any course of their field this year 2007. We were asked to pay a sum of N6,500 to any branch of Bank PHB in Nigeria to help to process the application form.(please find attached-newspaper_advert.jpg)

Initially I was skeptical about it but on checking their website -www.carringtonheritage.co.uk and also been assosciated with your organisation, I believed that it was worth trying.

I paid the amount at the bank's branch in plot 707 Adeola Hopewell, branch Lagos Nigeria- to the account number - 65102000231. Eventually the organisation sent us a mail which is attached with this mail asking us to come for the test.My test venue was quite rowdy due to the large number of people that applied for the scholarship. Also some of the officials of your Bank( Bank PHB) were present at the test centre to invigilate. We were given a notepad and a pen after the exam .

On the 26th of June, I got a mail stating that I had passed the test and I should come to Abuja, Nigeria for the final interview at Regina Pacis Girls Secondary School Garki II Abuja, Nigeria.Please find attached with this mail a copy of the letter sent(Final Interview-Carrington Heritage).

On the interview date , I met quite a few people at the interview compared to the number of people that had paid for the form, although I must confess that the questions set during the qualifying exam were tough .We also saw some of the officials of the organisation that were present(Carrington Heritage). After the interview, we were told that they would get back to us and we were given or I was given a sum of N1,000 to assist us on our way back.

However since the day we finished the interview , we did not hear form the organisation, although we were promised that we would be able to go for the september admission for this year. Also I have tried mailing the organisation through their email address on its web site(www.carringtonheritage.co.uk) but their has been no response.I also sent mails to the bank repeatedly through this mail address: customerrelations@bankphb.com to inquire about the organisation but their was no response.Also as far as I can tell no one has been offered the scholarship-although I may be wrong but I feel if the scholarship has been offered, we deserve to know who was given the scholarship, but this we can't confirm.

We eventually decided to contact the british embassy so as to confirm the authenticity of this organisation, and we were told that its authenticity couldnot be confirmed and that we should desist from making payments to the organisation.(British Embassy.doc)

Based on this findings, I believe that the bank owes us an explanation as to how this whole programme came about, and where the money that was paid by over 3,000 applicants(N6,500.00 per applicant ) went to?

As I said earlier, one of the many reasons why I decided to put in for that programme was because it was associated with Bank PHB and the good name of your director, so why should that image be tarnished ?However if the organisation does exist, we would be glad if Bank PHB can provide the details of a contact person that we can communicate with.

I would like to state here that we would pursue this matter to a logical conclusion because we deserve to know the truth and prevent a repeat of this issue next year.

Expecting to hear from you.

I have the e-mail address of my fellow colleagues sent with this mail , so that my claim can be substantiated by them if you so desire more proof.

Yours Faithfully,
Ilori A.O

Note: forwarded message attached.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

Attachments Attachment scanning provided by:

Files:

Final_Interview_Carrington.doc (53k) [Preview] Scan and Save to Computer
Oral_Interview_Carrington.doc (62k) [Preview] Scan and Save to Computer
BritishEmbassy.doc (80k) [Preview] Scan and Save to Computer

Photos:

Scan and Save to Computer

newspaper_advert.jpg (213k) [View]

(1) (Reply)

What Should I Do / Help! NDA Interview / Cut-off

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.