Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,622 members, 7,914,670 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 10:00 AM

Breaking News: Jay-z Leaves Def Jam! - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Breaking News: Jay-z Leaves Def Jam! (714 Views)

D'banj New Record Label " Def Jam Africa". / D'banj Signs Davido To His New Rrecord Label Def Jam Africa / Nas Blasts Def Jam In Email To La Reid & Staff: “i Am Nobody’s Slave” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News: Jay-z Leaves Def Jam! by IShine(m): 1:40pm On Dec 25, 2007
[img]http://finbarrsoketunji.free.fr/jayz.jpg[/img]
Eedris Abdulkareem apologised to 50 Cent not quite long ago by dedicating a rap song to him titled “Welcome to Africa” and not only that he dedicated a song to him he also said *I love you 50 cent*, who in rap world does that after a beef? I guess Eedris will be the first person and I see that has kissing 50 Cent’s ass for endorsement or something close to that.

Back to the discussion at hand Jay-Z the president of Def Jam Records call it a day on the 24th of December when he issued a statement saying that he will be resigning from his position as the president of Def Jam Records come 2008.

“I’ve been incredibly fortunate to have served as President of such a culturally-defining label as Def Jam over the last three years,” Jay-Z said in a statement. “During that time, I’ve had the pleasure of working with many of the world’s most dynamic artists and many of the most dedicated and talented executives in the music business today, including Antonio “L.A.” Reid. But now it’s time for me to take on new challenges.” Jay-Z is also pleased that he was given the opportunity to build upon the Def Jam legacy and that his position has helped him to move Def Jam into a new epoch of artistic success.

Even though the Island Def Jam Music Group Chairman Antonio “L.A.” Reid, regrets Jay-Z’s decisions he was understandable enough to know that Jay-Z has to move on and he also said the company has benefited greatly from Jay-Z's leadership has the president of Def Jam Records and wished him success in his future endeavors.

According to an article on allhiphop.com Nolan Strong stated that “Jay-Z will continue running and recording for his Roc-A-Fella imprint, which is distributed by the Island Def Jam Music Group. And that the mogul is rumored to be making a transition to the urban division of Sony Records with Rick Rubin”.

Now to my question of the day: what is next to happen before the year runs out?
Re: Breaking News: Jay-z Leaves Def Jam! by concrete: 6:56pm On Dec 25, 2007
he was basically asked to leave

def jam actually LOST a bit a revenue under the helm of Jay Z

yes, their artists make hit single but unfortunately, they don't bring in big album sales (most of them) worldwide b/c of downloads and they don't make $$$ touring
Re: Breaking News: Jay-z Leaves Def Jam! by 9ja4eva: 2:09am On Dec 26, 2007
Bad news
Re: Breaking News: Jay-z Leaves Def Jam! by IShine(m): 7:34am On Dec 26, 2007
Yea i know but atleast it's still a breaking news lol
Re: Breaking News: Jay-z Leaves Def Jam! by 9ja4eva: 8:45am On Dec 26, 2007
K dis is not good news at all
Re: Breaking News: Jay-z Leaves Def Jam! by A40(m): 6:22pm On Dec 27, 2007
He came he saw he conquered
Re: Breaking News: Jay-z Leaves Def Jam! by IShine(m): 8:33pm On Dec 27, 2007
records sold, a sold out concert

(1) (Reply)

G Unit And Murda Inc Physical Combat / Facyl / A Must Read

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.