Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,819 members, 7,879,556 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 09:26 PM

Igbo Programmers Dares Facebook And Twitter By Creating A Social Network In Igbo - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Igbo Programmers Dares Facebook And Twitter By Creating A Social Network In Igbo (4348 Views)

10 Things You Must Know And Have Before Creating A Blog / Earn More Money On Your Blog By Creating Your Own Products / Tips For Creating A Successful Blog/Site (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Programmers Dares Facebook And Twitter By Creating A Social Network In Igbo by heynew: 9:53am On Sep 10, 2012
USarmy:

@bug24 it is not really my project, am just a concerned igbo guy like you that feels i should bring it up here for all Igbo's to see, but i thought by now the mods of this forum should have taken it to the frontpage for other Igbo people not in this section to see, but .........

@ slyrox i think this project is for the strengthnening of Igbo Lang. taking it to the frontpage will be a very good one for the Igbo guys in this forum
Re: Igbo Programmers Dares Facebook And Twitter By Creating A Social Network In Igbo by Afam4eva(m): 5:00pm On Sep 20, 2012
heynew:

i think with an english version the purpose of the project will be defeated, cuz a lot of users will now prefer the english version
You're spot on.

Mods, pls move this to the frontpage...
Re: Igbo Programmers Dares Facebook And Twitter By Creating A Social Network In Igbo by omni1: 6:04pm On Sep 21, 2012
So where's the project gotten to now? I'm checking on rankings and all to see what's popping grin
Re: Igbo Programmers Dares Facebook And Twitter By Creating A Social Network In Igbo by naijayankee: 9:54pm On Sep 23, 2012
Hello my fellow Naija people, I've seen all your good work, display of skills, talent etc. I'm a Naija born naturalized USA citizen. I will be graduating in May 2013 with my degree in Information Programming. I'm a member of several cyber clubs and want to start up mine with my fellow Naija people. Technology is where the money is and the future aswell as we know.
I'm in search of skillful guys from Naija so that we can form the club and come up with something America will know. If you got skills and interested, please come honest and clean cos we know ourselves and let nobody have any intention of fooling the other.
Every great business ideals will be appreciated as we start conversating and we want to work together as a team.
You must be good in programming, website design, marketing or any other skills that will benefit the club.
My name is Ralph and add me on yahoo messenger or shoot me an email.
raphtexas@yahoo.com

Thanks Guys.
Re: Igbo Programmers Dares Facebook And Twitter By Creating A Social Network In Igbo by Nobody: 5:42am On Sep 24, 2012
webdezzi:
if it were a yoruba network, same will apply.
Google launched search in Igbo Yoruba Hausa
ask yourself when last you used the igbo search version.

by using igbo, you are actually telling me, a yoruba dude, i am not welcomed.
so lets say you are destined to have 3 million users, divide that by 3, subtract spammers, subtract double IDs, subtract idle users
the change wont be much.

i believe an igbo person has even criticized it already so why not try this

1. make English the default language
2. let people decide what language the want by providing the igbo option.

dont take our candid advice as bad belle, try it.
the forum is for every body, if you want to enjoy it u go and study igbo language period
by the way, why the hate? If it ware to be a new yoruba tv channel una go front page am abi una think say na only una good to get yoruba newspaper n yorubawood? Any party we no welcome this ndi igbo development make them go relate with high tension trans4ma tongue
Re: Igbo Programmers Dares Facebook And Twitter By Creating A Social Network In Igbo by heynew: 7:46am On Sep 24, 2012
*omni:
So where's the project gotten to now? I'm checking on rankings and all to see what's popping grin

Dear friend are u still scared and hating, please in God's name and for the sake of ur health move on please
Re: Igbo Programmers Dares Facebook And Twitter By Creating A Social Network In Igbo by omni1: 3:51pm On Sep 24, 2012
heynew:

Dear friend are u still scared and hating, please in God's name and for the sake of ur health move on please

No let high tension shocks dey run through you. I only came in to see what's up like others. Why the shocks running through you?
Re: Igbo Programmers Dares Facebook And Twitter By Creating A Social Network In Igbo by Nobody: 3:44am On Sep 25, 2012
*omni:

Bros u still dey around cheesy, u have monitored this Igbo project for a very long time, are u tripping, welcome to our world
Re: Igbo Programmers Dares Facebook And Twitter By Creating A Social Network In Igbo by omni1: 12:25pm On Sep 26, 2012
hoihoihoihoihoihoihohi.......... shocked
Re: Igbo Programmers Dares Facebook And Twitter By Creating A Social Network In Igbo by 53cur3m0d3(m): 11:03am On Sep 27, 2012
Really, I must say I found the UI very attractive and user-friendly.I'm not Igbo but I like the concept of promoting indigenous stuffs...I've alot of Igbo friends and I must say a very big welldone to the programmer who thought of dis stuff instead of spending his time planning to go rogue.thumbs up man
Re: Igbo Programmers Dares Facebook And Twitter By Creating A Social Network In Igbo by Pythonian99: 7:46pm On Jan 01, 2014
Bump!!! What happen to the site
Re: Igbo Programmers Dares Facebook And Twitter By Creating A Social Network In Igbo by gothrones(m): 2:31am On Jan 02, 2014
So the site has flopped?
Re: Igbo Programmers Dares Facebook And Twitter By Creating A Social Network In Igbo by onyengbu: 2:09pm On Jan 02, 2014
gothrones: So the site has flopped?
imagine that. If i were the owner, i'd pay for 5 years hosting so that the site remains online even if nothing is going on there. I mean considering all the predictions against the project.
Anyway sha, its just like everyother naija things...
Re: Igbo Programmers Dares Facebook And Twitter By Creating A Social Network In Igbo by Goodking(m): 6:53pm On Apr 28, 2020
Nkoli Social Network has Igbo version. See here https://nkoli.com/?lang=igbo

(1) (2) (Reply)

Weird Myths About SEO . Bloggers,website Owners Should Probably Ignore / The Benefits Of SEO In Link Building / Get Free Twitter Followers (tricks)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.