Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,691 members, 7,918,173 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 01:46 AM

The $15m Ibori Money - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The $15m Ibori Money (680 Views)

Ribadu Speaks On $15m Bribe From Ibori / Ibori, Others To Complete Jail Terms In Nigeria / Ribadu Testifies On Ibori's $15m Bribe & Attempts On His Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The $15m Ibori Money by Pressdat(m): 6:36pm On Aug 19, 2012
The $15million dollar bribe allegedly received by the EFCC from the former Governor of Delta State Chief James Onanefe Ibori should be returned to the coffers of the Delta State Govt because it belongs to the state. When former Governor Joshua Dariye money was confiscated in similar circumstance, it was returned to the coffers of Plateau State. In the same vein, the case of Chief D.S.P. Alamieseigha the funds were also returned to Bayelsa State coffers. Why is the case of Delta State different? The money when returned will go a long way in addressing the infrastructural deficits of the state. This has been the argument. My guys what do you think? I'm eager to hear from you.
I think a commonwealth fund commission should be set up to manage the monies and more that would be returned

1 Like

Re: The $15m Ibori Money by udumevino(m): 6:48pm On Aug 19, 2012
Nothing more than returning the monies to the Delta state coffers should be done. FG has no hand whatsoever on this issue. Efcc made clear that ibori bribed them with the said money, and that money belongs to Delta state period.

1 Like

Re: The $15m Ibori Money by UYCO: 8:53pm On Aug 19, 2012
It is a must. The money must be returned to Delta State
Re: The $15m Ibori Money by UYCO: 8:56pm On Aug 19, 2012
any thing short of returning the money to our state will be vehemently rejected by d youths in Delta State
Re: The $15m Ibori Money by UYCO: 9:07pm On Aug 19, 2012
what is applicable to Plateau and Bayelsa state is also applicable to delta state, give us our money, Urhobo Youths tell federal government
Re: The $15m Ibori Money by dustydee: 9:37pm On Aug 19, 2012
But why did Delta say their money was not missing? Even Ibori said it did not come from him and the Delta youths prevented his arrest claiming he was not guilty so they have proved beyond reasonable doubt that the money is not theirs.
Re: The $15m Ibori Money by udumevino(m): 7:16pm On Aug 20, 2012
I think Mr president is bent on efforcing Justice and equity at all cost, this is a potent specimen to experiment on. Return our money and be applauded. There is nothing more honorable to be done than following precedence. Evangelist Odogbor udume vincent.
Re: The $15m Ibori Money by nelsonegware: 8:25pm On Aug 20, 2012
I strongly believe that if Mr President is desirous to transform the country, he should ensure equity, justice and fairness in deciding issues such as the money in question. Delta state is in dire need of that money to finance so many projects that are seriously needed in the state.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Girl Who Lost Mother And Sisters In Jos Massacre In Documentary / NIG @52 Celebration In Dubai / Murder Of Uniport Students: Chief, 12 Others Arrested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.