Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,616 members, 7,895,435 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 July 2024 at 10:31 AM

For Catholics: What's I.N.R.I. Mean? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / For Catholics: What's I.N.R.I. Mean? (638 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / A Thread For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

For Catholics: What's I.N.R.I. Mean? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Aug 19, 2012
So I was in church today. (Yes, I know, so unlike me. But it was for a very important reason. See my mum strong...why the Bleep am I telling you this?). Anyway so I was in church, for the first time in 10 months, and here was this huge, 40-feet tall, obviously larger than life statue of Jesus with the letters "I.N.R.I" written on the top. I've been seeing that on crosses since I was a kid and never knew what it meant. So I'm asking now. What's it mean?
Re: For Catholics: What's I.N.R.I. Mean? by mkmyers45(m): 7:18pm On Aug 19, 2012
INRI (Iēsus Nazarēnus, Rēx Iūdaeōrum) represents the
Latin inscription which in English
reads as "Jesus the Nazarene, King of the Jews"
Re: For Catholics: What's I.N.R.I. Mean? by MacDaddy01: 7:20pm On Aug 19, 2012
SimonAndal: So I was in church today. (Yes, I know, so unlike me. But it was for a very important reason. See my mum strong...why the Bleep am I telling you this?). Anyway so I was in church, for the first time in 10 months, and here was this huge, 40-feet tall, obviously larger than life statue of Jesus with the letters "I.N.R.I" written on the top. I've been seeing that on crosses since I was a kid and never knew what it meant. So I'm asking now. What's it mean?

Jesus of Nazareth,King of the Jews.

source; hardcore catholic for 22 years
Re: For Catholics: What's I.N.R.I. Mean? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Aug 19, 2012
Thanks Mk. Lol @ Macdaddy.

(1) (Reply)

Join Assemblies Of God Church (AGC) Members..wit Location / Fasting Days And Traditions / Religion Without Morality!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.