Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,074 members, 7,890,538 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 03:39 PM

The Assassination Of Bhutto (a Pay Back By Pervez Musharraf)? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Assassination Of Bhutto (a Pay Back By Pervez Musharraf)? (2088 Views)

Shiites Attempted Assassination Of Buratai, The Chief-Of-Army-Staff In Zaria / PIC;After Helping APC To Victory,See How They Wanna Pay Back. / Gen Murtala Muhammed 39th Anniversary Of His Brutal Assassination (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Assassination Of Bhutto (a Pay Back By Pervez Musharraf)? by Iman3(m): 8:09pm On Dec 27, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

Actually in regards to the Kennedy family, Yes they did.

Kevin Costner might be a "ladies man" but that doesn't make him a source of historical accuracy tongue
Re: The Assassination Of Bhutto (a Pay Back By Pervez Musharraf)? by BigB11(m): 8:10pm On Dec 27, 2007
Just keep in mind that if United States wants you around, they will makesure you stay around.

Trust me!
Re: The Assassination Of Bhutto (a Pay Back By Pervez Musharraf)? by Iman3(m): 8:13pm On Dec 27, 2007
@Big B1

Does the US want IBB in power? grin I am suspecting they do,see how they failed to protect IBB's enemies like Major Orkar and Gen Vatsa
Re: The Assassination Of Bhutto (a Pay Back By Pervez Musharraf)? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:18pm On Dec 27, 2007
I-man:

Kevin Costner might be a "ladies man" but that doesn't make him a source of historical accuracy tongue

Havent watched whatever movie you are referring to.
Re: The Assassination Of Bhutto (a Pay Back By Pervez Musharraf)? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Dec 27, 2007
Big B1:

Just keep in mind that if United States wants you around, they will makesure you stay around.

Trust me!

Like Fidel Castro and Hugo Chavez?  grin
Re: The Assassination Of Bhutto (a Pay Back By Pervez Musharraf)? by Iman3(m): 8:21pm On Dec 27, 2007
@TOH

You haven't seen JFK ?

That is the contemporary source of the JFK conspiracy theories grin
Re: The Assassination Of Bhutto (a Pay Back By Pervez Musharraf)? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:22pm On Dec 27, 2007
Oliver Stone's?

No I havent.
Re: The Assassination Of Bhutto (a Pay Back By Pervez Musharraf)? by Iman3(m): 8:23pm On Dec 27, 2007
That was a classic! Which kind of movies you dey watch sef ? Titanic,The English Patient ?
Re: The Assassination Of Bhutto (a Pay Back By Pervez Musharraf)? by dot2002(m): 8:28pm On Dec 27, 2007
she's been blowned up in such a disgraceful manner something that has been happening closer to home for ages cool cool cool. Sad! a lady flying a flag for liberty and democracy. The America and the west are pushing too hard for democracy in Asia, and the so call war on terror. She was in the ring with all the risk associated with a country similar to ng, i think that takes a great deal of commitments and i commended her for that. She was a wife and a mother now she's a matir all her short coming has been forgotten. Rest in peace Bhutto my heart truly bleads for you and your family. if there's a God i wish she accept you home and forgive all your mistakes.lol
Re: The Assassination Of Bhutto (a Pay Back By Pervez Musharraf)? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:30pm On Dec 27, 2007
Only Stone film I've watched is Natural Born Killers

I-man:

That was a classic! Which kind of movies you dey watch sef ? Titanic,The English Patient ?

You craze? You trying to insult me?  angry  I'm quite the film snob.  tongue

anyway last GREAT ones I watched were No Country For Old Men & The Assisination of Jesse James.
Re: The Assassination Of Bhutto (a Pay Back By Pervez Musharraf)? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Dec 27, 2007
dot2002:

Sad! a lady flying a flag for liberty and democracy.

Maybe you meant to say a lady flying a flag for corruption and greed?  tongue Even Musharaf now claims to be waving a handkerchief for "liberty and democracy" . . . wonders shall never end.

dot2002:

The America and the west are pushing too hard for democracy in Asia, and the so call war on terror.

Another "it is America's fault" sob story. The reason why we are even making this a thread is because of the stature of Bhutto in terms of international politics. Hundreds of Pakistanis, Iraqis and Palestinians die everyday in suicide bomb attacks . . . is that the fault of the West and America for pushing too hard for democracy in Asia?

The war on terror has never included Pakistan and no US soldiers are on Pakistani soil so how is America at fault?

dot2002:

She was a wife and a mother now she's a matir all her short coming has been forgotten. Rest in peace Bhutto my heart truelt beads for you and your family. if there's a God i wish she accept you home and forgive all your mistakes.lol

now she's a martyr?  grin

Accept her home for being a victim of a suicide bomb?  cheesy Wasnt she once in support of the Taliban?
Re: The Assassination Of Bhutto (a Pay Back By Pervez Musharraf)? by Iman3(m): 8:41pm On Dec 27, 2007
@TOH

The Titanic and The English Patient are the film versions of the Mills and Boon Series which every female is "duty bound" to watch. . . . .so I thought anyway grin

I should catch up on the Jesse James movie soon.Every person should go and watch JFK.Its a brilliant movie,historical tosh,but absolutely brilliant.good thing Seun no longer bans folks for going off topic
Re: The Assassination Of Bhutto (a Pay Back By Pervez Musharraf)? by debosky(m): 9:06pm On Dec 27, 2007
America killed Bhutto. . .heck America sent that 504 station wagon to kill my dear dog called Tupac on that cold Saturday night cry angry angry grin grin
Re: The Assassination Of Bhutto (a Pay Back By Pervez Musharraf)? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 9:36pm On Dec 27, 2007
I-man:

@TOH

The Titanic and The English Patient are the film versions of the Mills and Boon Series which every female is "duty bound" to watch. . . . .so I thought anyway grin

So I should assume all you watch are Slyvester Stallone,. Seagal and Schwenegger movies?

I actually dont know of anyone who has watched The English Patient
Re: The Assassination Of Bhutto (a Pay Back By Pervez Musharraf)? by wendymanda: 9:48pm On Dec 27, 2007
It's sad who islamists kill people in droves for absolutely no reason.
Re: The Assassination Of Bhutto (a Pay Back By Pervez Musharraf)? by Iman3(m): 9:48pm On Dec 27, 2007
@TOH

It won't be far fetched.Used to watch those guys up until my teens.

I haven't seen anyone who has watched The English Patient either.It seems people are ashamed of admitting it
Re: The Assassination Of Bhutto (a Pay Back By Pervez Musharraf)? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 9:56pm On Dec 27, 2007
Iman watches Sound of Music twice a week.  tongue

I will find time to watch JFK. Have you seen "Bobby'?
Re: The Assassination Of Bhutto (a Pay Back By Pervez Musharraf)? by BigB11(m): 10:20pm On Dec 27, 2007
posted by dot2002:
The America and the west are pushing too hard for democracy in Asia

I agree!
And the truth is some countries are just purely not compatible with democracy. instead of pushing for what isn't there and will never be there, I say, leave these countries alone. Allow them to settle themselves.

I see push for democracy in these countries as a defective arraigned marriage. Sometimes you've got to let go and let it be or come together naturally.

Democracy absolutely not the way to go for these countries!
Re: The Assassination Of Bhutto (a Pay Back By Pervez Musharraf)? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Dec 27, 2007
Big B1:

I agree!
And the truth is some countries are just purely not compatible with democracy. instead of pushing for what isn't there and will never there, I say, leave these countries alone. Allow them to settle themselves.

I think you meant to say that basically islam is incompatible with freedom and the rights that come with democracy.
It is not enough to tell us to "leave these countries alone" . . . to allow Pakistan's nuclear arsenal fall into the hands of those who celebrate events like 9-11 is to condemn ourselves to death.

The world, especially the west, needs to be concerned about Pakistan . . . if islamists were only interested in killing themselves then none of us would be bothered. For people who see nothing wrong in flying a plane into buildings, it is not crazy to assume they will think nothing of sending nuclear missiles into the very heart of NYC pretty soon.
Re: The Assassination Of Bhutto (a Pay Back By Pervez Musharraf)? by BigB11(m): 10:27pm On Dec 27, 2007
So, solution to 911 is introducing democracy to countries that have shown us many times that they do not want it?
Re: The Assassination Of Bhutto (a Pay Back By Pervez Musharraf)? by Nobody: 10:34pm On Dec 27, 2007
Big B1:

So, solution to 911 is introducing democracy to countries that have shown us many times that they do not want it?

You are simply brushing too many relevant questions under the carpet. Why 9-11 in the first place? Why dont these countries what democracy?

The "democracy" argument is no different from the usual excuse of "western foreign policies" that are routinely used to defend terrorist activities. True that these countries dont want democracy . . . the ultimate goal is to continue where the ottoman empire stopped until the world is governed by one islamic caliphate.
Re: The Assassination Of Bhutto (a Pay Back By Pervez Musharraf)? by BigB11(m): 10:38pm On Dec 27, 2007
@davidylan:
pushing for democracy in these countries will be an everlasting fight and a mere waste of lives, time and money.

Moreover, the introduction of democracy in these areas is also not well balanced. How come it's OK for Pakistan to have WMD, but it's also absolutely not OK for Iran?
and how is democracy in Saudi Arabia?
Re: The Assassination Of Bhutto (a Pay Back By Pervez Musharraf)? by BigB11(m): 10:43pm On Dec 27, 2007
United States needs to meet with their enemies to further understand their state of mind and reasons why they hate US so much.
That is how to solve a problem and not pushing democracy into the mouths of the enemies.

This is one of my reasons for pushing for OBAMA as the next United States president.

US will accomplished enormously if they could only man up and meet with these folks.
Re: The Assassination Of Bhutto (a Pay Back By Pervez Musharraf)? by Nobody: 10:49pm On Dec 27, 2007
Big B1:

@davidylan:
pushing for democracy in these countries will be an everlasting fight and a mere waste of lives, time and money.

unfortunately there is no alternative. Islamic nations have always been in an everlasting fight, ever willing to waste lives, time and money just to shed a drop of blood in the way of allah. The "democracy" gambit is simply an excuse to justify their penchant for mindless bloodletting.

Big B1:

Moreover, the introduction of democracy in these areas is not well balanced. How come it's OK for Pakistan to have WMD, but it's also absolutely not OK for Iran?
and how is democracy in Saudi Arabia?

Pakistan obtained nuclear weapons illegally . . . the West can do nothing about it other than to ensure that those weapons do not fall into the hands of islamists who will not hesitate to blow themselves up just to destroy the west.
The struggle to prevent Iran from obtaining WMD is so as to avoid another Pakistan.

Big B1:

United States needs to meet with their enemies to further understand their state of mind and reasons why they hate US so much.

Talking will not solve anything. These people "hate" the US simply because they see it as the symbol of christianity and everything that islam refers to as the kuffir.
It is an affront to islam that a non-muslim nation is so powerful.

Even if the US were to kowtow to every single demand of the muslim world (who happen to hate just about everyone else including themselves so much), it wont change anything until they force us all to bow the knee to allah or pay tax.
Re: The Assassination Of Bhutto (a Pay Back By Pervez Musharraf)? by dayokanu(m): 12:02am On Dec 28, 2007
This U.S sef I have been suspecting them since. Our cockerel that got missing 2 days to Xmas.

I have been wooing Sikira for 8 months and this same U.S is responsible.

Increase in the price of local gin can be traced to the U.S

Madam Etteh, Alams, OBJ, IBB e.t.c are aliases for the U.S.

NEPA does not work because the U.S sucks the river Niger dry.

The assassination of Bola Ige, Harry Marshals, Dikibo, Dele Giwa, M.K.O, Abacha, Kudirat. was sponsored by the U.S video clips of Donald Rumsfeld squeezing the trigger is on sale at Alaba market.

Putin, Chavez, castro, Ahmedinejad, Gadaffi e.t.c are all cronies of the U.S installed to destabilize the world.

mental and intellectual laziness at its peak!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: The Assassination Of Bhutto (a Pay Back By Pervez Musharraf)? by McKren(m): 12:49am On Dec 28, 2007
Benazir Bhutto, may her soul rest in peace, played her politics like the woman she is. Women are too passionate about what they believe in.

America is not responsible for her death, though her friendship with the West may have cost her her life.
In a fundamentalist country like Pakistan, having "war against terrorism" as the basis of your campaign is too risky. Especially when you are not yet in power and can not boast of State Security at your disposal.

Even President Musharaf himself is accused of double standards on war on terror, and delibrately helping Bin Laden to evade arrest. That is a security measure, because you can not be so sure who subscribes to what? Not even the Army Generals in your executive council could be trusted cos they might have a secret side of them that you are not aware of.

Like a Journalist put it when asked to define a Taliban: A Taliban could range from a kid playing with a toy gun on the field to a long beared man at the town centre. You never know who is who except you see them with a gun.

Sorry to Benazir Bhutto, because you dont take a stance on such sensitive issues until you are in power. It is even most unfortunate because she has died for nothing as her previous allies will simply look for new allies and life will go on.
Re: The Assassination Of Bhutto (a Pay Back By Pervez Musharraf)? by RichyBlacK(m): 1:01am On Dec 28, 2007
McKren:

Benazir Bhutto, may her soul rest in peace, played her politics like the woman she is. Women are too passionate about what they believe in.

America is not responsible for her death, though her friendship with the West may have cost her her life.
In a fundamentalist country like Pakistan, having "war against terrorism" as the basis of your campaign is too risky. Especially when you are not yet in power and can not boast of State Security at your disposal.

Even President Musharaf himself is accused of double standards on war on terror, and delibrately helping Bin Laden to evade arrest. That is a security measure, because you can not be so sure who subscribes to what? Not even the Army Generals in your executive council could be trusted because they might have a secret side of them that you are not aware of.

Like a Journalist put it when asked to define a Taliban: A Taliban could range from a kid playing with a toy gun on the field to a long beared man at the town centre. You never know who is who except you see them with a gun.

Sorry to Benazir Bhutto, because you don't take a stance on such sensitive issues until you are in power. It is even most unfortunate because she has died for nothing as her previous allies will simply look for new allies and life will go on.

@McKren,
I think that statement is highly inappropriate at a time when we are still mourning her. Also, it's not a statement of fact because the ramifications of her death have not fully unfolded.

May her soul rest in peace. cry
Re: The Assassination Of Bhutto (a Pay Back By Pervez Musharraf)? by McKren(m): 1:14am On Dec 28, 2007
Its obviously not a statement of fact

Just saying for whatever might be the cause of her death, she should have treaded more softly.
Re: The Assassination Of Bhutto (a Pay Back By Pervez Musharraf)? by RichyBlacK(m): 1:19am On Dec 28, 2007
I-man:

He was opposed to it but was arm twisted by US State Dept "geniuses" who thought it will be a bright idea to have her in power in place or alongside Musharaf

Thankfully, one of those "I like America pass my papa and mama" zombies is beginning to see the light.

I-man:

I thought it was a stupid idea for the State Dept to push for Musharaf to co-opt Bhutto into power.Her popularity is overstated,especially in the West were people are dazzled by her "beauty",eloquence and moderate image.She represents the kind of Muslim people want to see.Unfortunately in Pakistan,that counts for nothing.She was largely seen as a US puppet and her popularity,to the extent she had any, owed largely to her family background.

Wonders shall never end! I hope this is not the only stupid idea this confused pro-American clown has noticed.

If well-balanced observers like Afam have made the same statement as made above by a US puppet, elements from the blinded "America is always right" camp would have started having violent seizures trying to defend the indefensible.

Bottom line, as I-man pointed out, US foreign policy (which is at the level of a Russian toddler's understanding of foreign policy) MUST be blamed, directly or indirectly, for this tragedy. They preach democracy but support a dictator under the guise of a ridiculous war being waged against a noun.

May her soul rest in peace.

[img]http://soilander.files./2007/10/benazir_bhutto_prime_minister.jpg[/img]
Re: The Assassination Of Bhutto (a Pay Back By Pervez Musharraf)? by BigB11(m): 2:06am On Dec 28, 2007

Even President Musharaf himself is accused of double standards on war on terror, and delibrately helping Bin Laden to evade arrest. That is a security measure, because you can not be so sure who subscribes to what? Not even the Army Generals in your executive council could be trusted because they might have a secret side of them that you are not aware of.

Sorry to Benazir Bhutto, because you don't take a stance on such sensitive issues until you are in power. It is even most unfortunate because she has died for nothing as her previous allies will simply look for new allies and life will go on.

Even though, this statement may not be accurate, but it is absolutely well stated and makes sense.

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Nairalander's Mum With OBJ. / My Defeat In Ekiti Not Due To Stomach Infrastructure – Fayemi / Gov. Uduaghan Vs Gov. T. A. Orji - Who Is Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.