Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,365 members, 7,937,110 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 01:44 PM

'Top-Gun' Director Tony Scott Dies After Jumping Off A Bridge - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 'Top-Gun' Director Tony Scott Dies After Jumping Off A Bridge (9122 Views)

Breaking: Teebillz Restrained From Jumping (graphic Photo) / Timaya Shows Off Exquisite Bedroom, Seen Jumping In Bed (Photos) / Shocking Photos- Man Mauled By 3 Lions After Jumping Into Their Cage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Top-Gun' Director Tony Scott Dies After Jumping Off A Bridge by Skywalker5(m): 1:30pm On Aug 20, 2012
Ayatullah: ITS PAY BACK TIME TO SATAN, THEIR MASTER. THANK GOD FOR THE EXIT OF DIRECTOR TONY SCOTT, OF WHAT USE IS THEIR MOVIES.....THEY ONLY CORRUPT THE WORLD.....NOLLYWOOD ACTORS AND DIRECTORS CORRUPTING OUR CHILDREN IN NIGERIA SHOULD BE ON NOTICE AS THEY WILL ALSO BE TAKING RAT POISON TO EXIT THE WORLD.....SO SHALL IT BE!!!
FOOL

1 Like

Re: 'Top-Gun' Director Tony Scott Dies After Jumping Off A Bridge by gbadexy(m): 1:43pm On Aug 20, 2012
@ batiatus and co,
Keep living in fools paradise. You are sophisticated abi, keep to your mentality.
Having a stable home and kids keep people balanced.
Besides, even if people don't get satisfaction from there spouses, they still derive joy from their children and endure for their sake.
People commit suicide every where but a sensible person knows that someone with good family and close children have more to live for than unattached person.
I take it you don't know that loneliness is the major prelude to depression? Someone with close families and that his house is lively with activities have less tendency to be depressed.
I take it common sense is not common, this is a logical thing and many reasonable people would agree. We don't have to see all the negative attitude of the west as good to be sophisticated.
Re: 'Top-Gun' Director Tony Scott Dies After Jumping Off A Bridge by Benito69(m): 2:05pm On Aug 20, 2012
committing suicide is too painful, better to live and die at a ripe old age. Jumping down a bridge, hanging yourself, drinking poison they are all too stressful. That's my opinion sha o! grin
Re: 'Top-Gun' Director Tony Scott Dies After Jumping Off A Bridge by Nobody: 2:07pm On Aug 20, 2012
airbender: Did he die?
no na,actor no dey die.
Re: 'Top-Gun' Director Tony Scott Dies After Jumping Off A Bridge by proudlyafrican(m): 2:15pm On Aug 20, 2012
RIP Tony Scott....I think it is more difficult to take one`s life than confronting the problem.
Re: 'Top-Gun' Director Tony Scott Dies After Jumping Off A Bridge by Nobody: 2:25pm On Aug 20, 2012
Kai! someone forgot to put a net under the bridge, that person should be punished by hanging! R.I.P namesake!!
Re: 'Top-Gun' Director Tony Scott Dies After Jumping Off A Bridge by chiefbatiatus(m): 2:28pm On Aug 20, 2012
gbadexy: @ batiatus and co,
Keep living in fools paradise. You are sophisticated abi, keep to your mentality.
Having a stable home and kids keep people balanced.
Besides, even if people don't get satisfaction from there spouses, they still derive joy from their children and endure for their sake.
People commit suicide every where but a sensible person knows that someone with good family and close children have more to live for than unattached person.
I take it you don't know that loneliness is the major prelude to depression? Someone with close families and that his house is lively with activities have less tendency to be depressed.
I take it common sense is not common, this is a logical thing and many reasonable people would agree. We don't have to see all the negative attitude of the west as good to be sophisticated.

@gbadexy, please check your spellings eg using there instead of their etc. Better still go back to schiool and get good education if at all your retarded mind will allow. You and local people like you are lonely or prone to loneliness becos you have nothing productive to do with your time. try and mix up with enlightened people too, it will help you
Re: 'Top-Gun' Director Tony Scott Dies After Jumping Off A Bridge by steezyhere(m): 2:40pm On Aug 20, 2012
WTF i can't believe nobody responded to the guy who said nigerians have stopped having big dreams.......just so you know I'm doing this in my dream, dats how big i dream lol
Re: 'Top-Gun' Director Tony Scott Dies After Jumping Off A Bridge by gbadexy(m): 3:08pm On Aug 20, 2012
chief batiatus:

@gbadexy, please check your spellings eg using there instead of their etc. Better still go back to schiool and get good education if at all your retarded mind will allow. You and local people like you are lonely or prone to loneliness becos you have nothing productive to do with your time. try and mix up with enlightened people too, it will help you
Apparently you are a low life lonely bast.ard with inferiority complex. So I should mix with enlightened people because I typed there in place of their? I think you need to go through my posts to see that I get good likes because I contribute meaningfully to discussions.
The st.upid phocker that wrote becos is telling me I misspelled a word, big deal! So what if I even make up to ten gaffes in a sentence, its just a form of expression and I could easily make it in my mother tongue. Go to british and american forums to see how awful there spellings are, but they don't make big deal out of it. It is stupid wannabes that sees the white man as their god that scrutinize other people's posts instead of giving meaningful contributions.
By the way, what has my wrong choice of word has to do with the discussion at hand, if you have any sense or is intelligent enough, you should have flawed my argument and give a superior response instead of typing childish and inane comments.
Its lucky that NL provides anonymity for people, I am sure you must be barely above your teen years and you definitely cannot say that trash to my face. I own my company and have ad hoc staffs I pay, I supply projects and markets building materials, that shows that I do productive things with my life unlike an idle kid like you. I challenge you to post your e-mail address that I can use to identify you on facebook here. My contacts and pics are on my profile. Or better still, let's open a thread and have intellectual debate.
Re: 'Top-Gun' Director Tony Scott Dies After Jumping Off A Bridge by rodeo0070(m): 3:29pm On Aug 20, 2012
chief batiatus: @gbadexy, its a pity many many nigerians now have education but remain illiterates! So who told you it is only family or 'strong' marriage that gives happiness? Do you know how many heartbreaks has come out of marriage? Besides how old are you and what do you know about married life? Whatever you know its just a matter of time you MUST be disappointed. When you are finally married to that your fairytale spouse. I don't know where this attitude of over rating marriage suddenly came from, am thinking its caused by the mostly illiterate pastors that preach their ignorance and audiences that have stopped reading-am sure that's what we are facing. Nigerians have stopped having big dreams, all you hear youths talk about nowadays is how to get married, raise beautiful kids and walk head-high in public, what a pity!. Go and read about quality people like Condolezza Rice, mother Teresa etc and you see how ignorant you are.
Finally am not saying marriage is wrong, but that it is not the ultimate! You have a life and you can do a lot more in life with or without marriage so please keep your ignorance to yourself
God bless you...
Re: 'Top-Gun' Director Tony Scott Dies After Jumping Off A Bridge by rodeo0070(m): 3:40pm On Aug 20, 2012
gbadexy:
Apparently you are a low life lonely bast.ard with inferiority complex. So I should mix with enlightened people because I typed there in place of their? I think you need to go through my posts to see that I get good likes because I contribute meaningfully to discussions.
The st.upid phocker that wrote becos is telling me I misspelled a word, big deal! So what if I even make up to ten gaffes in a sentence, its just a form of expression and I could easily make it in my mother tongue. Go to british and american forums to see how awful there spellings are, but they don't make big deal out of it. It is stupid wannabes that sees the white man as their god that scrutinize other people's posts instead of giving meaningful contributions.
By the way, what has my wrong choice of word has to do with the discussion at hand, if you have any sense or is intelligent enough, you should have flawed my argument and give a superior response instead of typing childish and inane comments.
Its lucky that NL provides anonymity for people, I am sure you must be barely above your teen years and you definitely cannot say that trash to my face. I own my company and have ad hoc staffs I pay, I supply projects and markets building materials, that shows that I do productive things with my life unlike an idle kid like you. I challenge you to post your e-mail address that I can use to identify you on facebook here. My contacts and pics are on my profile. Or better still, let's open a thread and have intellectual debate.
Easy fellas...
You guys don't H̲̣̣̣̥ɑ̤̥̈̊vє̲̣̥ to use profane words to table your opinion and arguments. Its obvious that both of you are seeing things differently but d choice of words is uncalled for.
Re: 'Top-Gun' Director Tony Scott Dies After Jumping Off A Bridge by gbadexy(m): 3:46pm On Aug 20, 2012
^^
I just stated my opinion and said I wasn't judging the man.
I have no problem with the boy expressing his opinion, he just took it personal and came strong.
Re: 'Top-Gun' Director Tony Scott Dies After Jumping Off A Bridge by chiefbatiatus(m): 3:55pm On Aug 20, 2012
gbadexy:

Gbadexy you just made the same grammatical error again, it shows you are not detailed in whatever you do, there is nothing about white people my young friend so don't even bring that in. I see you have a dislike for them but that is understandable from the retarded black society you come from. Please don't amplify marriage because in honest truth (which u will know wen u grow up and stop selling building materials) its a crap institution period!
Re: 'Top-Gun' Director Tony Scott Dies After Jumping Off A Bridge by chiefbatiatus(m): 4:25pm On Aug 20, 2012
@gbadexy, I took a look at your profile photo and you look okay to me, sorry if I was hard on you. I think my reaction came from been tired of the large-scale stereo-typing going on in our society. Sorry guy
Re: 'Top-Gun' Director Tony Scott Dies After Jumping Off A Bridge by gbadexy(m): 4:28pm On Aug 20, 2012
Okay, I take back my insults.
Re: 'Top-Gun' Director Tony Scott Dies After Jumping Off A Bridge by chiefbatiatus(m): 4:33pm On Aug 20, 2012
gbadexy: Okay, I take back my insults.

Thank you
Re: 'Top-Gun' Director Tony Scott Dies After Jumping Off A Bridge by airbender(m): 7:18pm On Aug 20, 2012
dasparrow:

@Bolded

Those were my thoughts too.
then go jump off a bridge too
Re: 'Top-Gun' Director Tony Scott Dies After Jumping Off A Bridge by Ayatullah(m): 7:32pm On Aug 20, 2012
@sky-walker, PLEASE ADD BIG BEFORE THE FOOL, THEN DROP FROM THE SKY YOU ARE WALKING AND SCATTER YOUR SATANIC BRAIN.
Re: 'Top-Gun' Director Tony Scott Dies After Jumping Off A Bridge by eherbal(m): 8:00pm On Aug 20, 2012
poor thing.he should've killed himself before committing suicide.
Re: 'Top-Gun' Director Tony Scott Dies After Jumping Off A Bridge by Shaw007(m): 8:05pm On Aug 20, 2012
gbadexy: The excessive freedom they have in america is doing them harm than good. They do things without boundary and they end being not happy.
I'm not judging the man, but mostly family and relationship matters causes there depression. Imagine a person married to his or her career and doesn't have children and a good wife, if the career suddenly goes, he will find himself alone and lonely.
I think its worse among their celebrities, they either don't marry or change spouses like clothes, since they go for beauty and famous ladies too, at the end of the day, they don't have a happy family to be with and get lonely.
wateva d problem might be,like billionaire said suicide isnt d way out,only cowards do dat,there's ntn time and commitment cannot heal.i do not feel sorry for him one bit cos he chose that path by his own will and it cud av been avoided no mata wat
Re: 'Top-Gun' Director Tony Scott Dies After Jumping Off A Bridge by koolJ1(f): 8:24pm On Aug 20, 2012
chief batiatus:

Re: 'Top-Gun' Director Tony Scott Dies After Jumping Off A Bridge by Nobody: 8:30pm On Aug 20, 2012
Re: 'Top-Gun' Director Tony Scott Dies After Jumping Off A Bridge by koolJ1(f): 8:34pm On Aug 20, 2012
airbender: Did he die?

No, he'l come back to life at his cremation grin grin grin
Re: 'Top-Gun' Director Tony Scott Dies After Jumping Off A Bridge by olaheavy: 10:08pm On Aug 20, 2012
@gbadexy, you're still in your fighting mood as ever? At least I have known you on NL from way back when @seun just started newly and you used to thrash it out with @ajisafe in the religion section -- I'm talking about when @Nferyn, ajisafe, alheri, jakumo, goodguy, and etc ruled NL! But it was basically @ajisafe versus all the christians and the Igbos on NL then. There used to be a lot of wailings and sorrowful complaints from the Igbos and christians back then and @seun didn't like that, so he banned him. Hmmm! Gbadexy!

Anyway, @the topic:
Depression is a psychological disease - it can happen due to myriads of reasons: job insecurity, failed relationship or career, infertiliy, inability to take rejection, academic problems, spiritual issues, and etc.

I like parts of America's freedom that doesn't limit human potential - the one that encourages you to be whatever you aspire to be in life and also provides an enabling atmosphere for you to thrive in your endeavors such as security, sound education, available and well-managed facilities and amenities. However, I personally abhor the part of the freedom in America that punishes and throws parents in jail for disciplining their kids. I think that's why most kids in the US are lawless and grow up to become killers with guns and other dangerous weapons. I'm not saying kids in Nigeria don't carry dangerous weapons or kill. But this is more common among the less priviledged thugs and runts of our society, which is basically due to poverty. The level of poverty in the US is zip compared to Nigeria -- even Africa. The discerning folks know what I'm talking about Also, I don't like their guns' laws or the lack thereof. Although, criminals will still strive to look for guns, but at least outlaw them nationally. On the same vein, I don't like the fact that the Conservatives (GOPs) can be obnoxious, intrusive, destructive, up-in-your-face, insolent, etc and the Liberals (Dems) are still expected to behave 'normal' like a good ol' boy. Heck no!
Re: 'Top-Gun' Director Tony Scott Dies After Jumping Off A Bridge by trulyspeaking: 5:17am On Aug 21, 2012
Truly sadden by this news. No matter the issue Suicide should never be an option. For Tony Scott's fan all over the world, his action could trigger copy cat syndrome, cos if Tony could easily give up why am i still fighting this issue..."To see a man beaten not by a better opponent but by himself is a tragedy".... Cus D' Amato
Re: 'Top-Gun' Director Tony Scott Dies After Jumping Off A Bridge by Ranoscky(m): 5:31am On Aug 21, 2012
Dah one na im cup of tea.
Re: 'Top-Gun' Director Tony Scott Dies After Jumping Off A Bridge by rodeo0070(m): 11:50am On Aug 21, 2012
chief batiatus:

Thank you
Now everyone is happy...
Re: 'Top-Gun' Director Tony Scott Dies After Jumping Off A Bridge by rodeo0070(m): 11:51am On Aug 21, 2012
chief batiatus:

Thank you
Now everyone is happy...
YYAAAAYY!!!
Re: 'Top-Gun' Director Tony Scott Dies After Jumping Off A Bridge by belemzy: 2:39pm On Aug 21, 2012
I guess he must have commited a crime that was about blowing up. RIP Sir Scott . Odigba o....

(1) (2) (Reply)

Meet The 18 Year Old Boy Who Has A Butt Almost As Big As Kim Kardashian's / Davido Hang Out And Snap With Ronaldo (pics) / Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria (isabella) Vs Most Beautiful Girl In Ghana ( Naa)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.