Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,964 members, 7,938,900 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 02:15 PM

We Must Return Men Of Dignity.. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Must Return Men Of Dignity.. (510 Views)

NASS Election Coup: We Must Return To Regionalism Now - Dele Ogundele / Ijaw People Must Return To Fishing –orubebe / If You've Looted Nigeria's Money You Must Return Our Money – Says Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

We Must Return Men Of Dignity.. by patoski96(m): 5:47pm On Aug 21, 2012
I
t might sound funny but it’s the truth, any group that cannot be identified by a certain way of doing things is a cultureless people, No matter how one may look at it China’s Economic growth /exploits have so much to do with their culture of staying more productive in all circumstances and their ability to stay truthful to themselves at all times.
As a growing child i was nurtured to understand that what really matters in an individual’s life is integrity, honor and respect, I didn’t grow up in what could be describe as a “BEST” home but we were made to accept that “A MAN” Should be a model of honor in all ramifications, a man should be guided by a certain principle that promotes dignity at all times
For instance, right from nursery school age I knew that it’s completely wrong to take anything that does not belong to me because my father will kill me if he gets to hear it, Let me make it simple I didn’t have to take someone else’s thing because I have never seen my daddy steal items/Property/funds that does not belong to him, In other words who I am today has so much to do with what my parents thought me yesterday, I watched this man(My Dad) with all his dignity, honor and respect for his fellow countryman, I watched him even on his sick bed pray that God should be merciful to us his people and appoint us Men with integrity, Men who will lead by self example and selflessness.
Men who will continue to say the truth and never mind what mortal flesh will do to them, My dear father died with that prayer and am glad he died with respect and dignity but I still long to see the day his wishes and prayer will come to pass, I know am not the only one who grew from such home in Nigeria and iam sure that there are still Men of dignity in this country, but wait a minute come to think of that, Where are they? I mean men who truly and honestly know the WORD “shame”
I have a feeling that I’m not the only one who share this sentiment, that what we deserve as leaders in this country Nigeria, are MEN of honor and dignity, Christain or Muslim what Nigeria needs to get back on her feet again as once acclaimed giant of Africa, are Men of integrity and Honor, Many who understand the direction of my lines would attest to this assertion.
It’s a rude shock to me that men don’t have shame any more; it’s a shame that Men no longer have shame…. It’s only in this part of the universe that men who are caught red handed stealing public funds still have trailer load of mobile policmen at their beck and call guiding their shame.
A day after their mess, you see them in social gatherings even in churches and mosque and I begin to wonder where they bury this dignity, I begin to wonder what this men teach their kids at home, what sort of legacy are they leaving behind for their children, What sort of models will this children turn out to become, Nigeria is a blessed country truly, Nigeria is the world’s fourth fastest growing economy with solid growth in the next five years and beyond, but it might also interest you to note that poverty index in the country has reached a frightening level and that Nigerian Human Development index is one of the worst in the world, Nigeria presently have a dysfunctional economy, because its only abnormal situation for the economy to grow without impact on the average of over 100 million Nigerians living below poverty level (NBS) As this lingers many of us are probably accepting this as a reality and way of life, Poverty is never a way of life, Do not accept it, Begin to ask this Government office holders questions why Nigerian people will continue to remain impoverished while they glow in luxury, Shame is gone from their lives and they have longed buried dignity, Many of them don’t have the interest of Nigeria at heart and to them they really don’t care, it’s a shame that you have travelled round the world and yet not one invention to show for it, What do this government officials take back from this countries they visit ? They travel to buy building materials, medical checkup, summer holiday, And yet they have absolutely nothing to show for it, This is a call for people especially the ones heading our public offices to change and starting building this country, We must return back this dignity, We must enthrone truthful and honest people to restore our land, We must re-invest on Men of honor, Men who are not moved by wealth but by affection and concern of a common Nigerian on the street, Where are Men of honor ? We need to re-call them; it’s only them that will save this country, GOD BLESS NIGERIA

(1) (Reply)

How Many Oil Marketers Are You Familiar With? / N5,000 Note: Northern Chamber Of Commerce Backs CBN / "Jonathan's Populist Government Is The Most Corrupt Since Ibb's"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.