Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,083 members, 7,939,382 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 01:46 AM

#NigerianBlogAwards: Most Ridiculous Blog Awards! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / #NigerianBlogAwards: Most Ridiculous Blog Awards! (2126 Views)

Nigerian Blog Awards 2013 Commences, Nomination Begins September 23 / List Of Winners For The Nigerian Blog Awards 2012 / Nominations For The Nigerian Blog Awards 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

#NigerianBlogAwards: Most Ridiculous Blog Awards! by Nobody: 8:16pm On Aug 21, 2012
Nigerian Blog Awards ( www.nigerianblogawards.com) is perhaps the most
ridiculous Awards l have ever come across.
lmagine the site is also running AdSense.
Organization and structure is completely lacking; the "judges" are Anonymous, probably made up of church choirs.
Even the so called organizer, GoodNaijaGirl seems
faceless. Guess, its a family ministry, maybe when they mean business and go for professionalism they're gonna get sponsors.
Re: #NigerianBlogAwards: Most Ridiculous Blog Awards! by Nobody: 3:40pm On Sep 01, 2012
Nomination for the awards commences on Monday September 3, still the list of the Judges for the awards are not yet out. Pathetic!
Re: #NigerianBlogAwards: Most Ridiculous Blog Awards! by soki2ng(m): 1:01am On Sep 10, 2012
Lol, Nigerians always quick to judge and condemn - you and i know it takes alot of work to get sponsors involved in this kind of thing.
We also know its a step in the right direction to encourage Nigerian bloggers to do better and be professional in there dealings.

maybe they need more hands on the team to help make it better.
If there's a way you can help the event, do it - you've identified the problem, solve it
I've done with i can do... I blogged about it.. Here Nigerian Blog Awards
Re: #NigerianBlogAwards: Most Ridiculous Blog Awards! by Nobody: 7:51pm On Oct 19, 2012
Finally, after 3 days behind schedule, the 2012 Nominees were unveiled today. And guess what sort of charlatan results it was? The so-called "From Popularity to excellence contest" slogan seems laughable here. Pathetic!
Re: #NigerianBlogAwards: Most Ridiculous Blog Awards! by Nobody: 4:48am On Oct 20, 2012
With the way the voting is done online, I would probably win "nigerian best blog of the year" with an empty blog...seriously smiley. Most of those blogs nominated are no where close to the best but an underground manipulation from the owners smiley

If Nigeria's presidency was contested that way, Nigeria would have long been overthrown by the military

Wake up Nigeria! That is not how to vote for the best!

1 Like

Re: #NigerianBlogAwards: Most Ridiculous Blog Awards! by 222Martins(m): 8:07am On Oct 20, 2012
And if i may ask, how has NigerianBlogAwards added value to the life of its previous winners?
Re: #NigerianBlogAwards: Most Ridiculous Blog Awards! by Nobody: 9:11am On Oct 20, 2012
222Martins: And if i may ask, how has NigerianBlogAwards added value to the life of its previous winners?
See great nigerians owned blogs like olufamous.com, Ladun Laidi blog and doncaprio.com never appeared at all. Why? Because those guys are too busy and do'nt have the time to vote for themselves. I laughed when I saw a blog being updated almost once in two months sweeping several nominations & a new blog of last year getting a nomination for the overall "best nigerian blog" Ah! Na h magic... sad

Let's do the statistics, 80% of nigerians online and 90% of blogs readers may not even know of the existence of that award site so who the hell is doing the voting.

Yeah... nairaland demands valid email address to create a nairaland account but believe me, I can create 6000 nairaland ids with invalid/fake email addresses in few days. Same way I could give myself fake 6000 votes on nigerian blog awards with fake email addresses and surely will be counted

From the whole blogs in that nominations, only Lindaikeji,lailaikeji,jobberman blog and maybe some few others I would say didn't engage themselves in foul play.

Some of Linda Ikeji fans would voluntarily donate their blood for her blog, Laila Ikeji seek the assistance from her fans and it's quiet professional and jobberman popularity has even grown outside the shores of Africa so it isn't a surprise to anyone.

It's true, all vote were counted but I don't think there is a machinery in place to detect fake voting from fake people with that kind of voting style.

I have always been a doubting Thomas but serious with this one smiley
Re: #NigerianBlogAwards: Most Ridiculous Blog Awards! by Nobody: 9:37am On Oct 20, 2012
soki2ng: Lol, Nigerians always quick to judge and condemn - you and i know it takes alot of work to get sponsors involved in this kind of thing.
We also know its a step in the right direction to encourage Nigerian bloggers to do better and be professional in there dealings.

maybe they need more hands on the team to help make it better.
If there's a way you can help the event, do it - you've identified the problem, solve it
I've done with i can do... I blogged about it..

Honestly, I started this thread as a "Constructive Critic"! But, alas the organiser failed to pick corrections.

Take a clue from South African's (www.sablogawards.com), the judges are strictly responsible for the preliminary Nominee list as they are renowned web entrepreneurs whose expertise cut across: blogging, social media and internet marketing, so are have the knowledge to select quality blogs.

Also, the identities of the judges are clearly labelled and shown on the awards site for credibility.

But, what did we get? Charlatants!!!
Re: #NigerianBlogAwards: Most Ridiculous Blog Awards! by 222Martins(m): 2:43pm On Oct 20, 2012
d_johnny:

Honestly, I started this thread as a "Constructive Critic"! But, alas the organiser failed to pick corrections.

Take a clue from South African's (www.sablogawards.com), the judges are strictly responsible for the preliminary Nominee list as they are renowned web entrepreneurs whose expertise cut across: blogging, social media and internet marketing, so are have the knowledge to select quality blogs.

Also, the identities of the judges are clearly labelled and shown on the awards site for credibility.

But, what did we get? Charlatants!!!
And who the hell owns NigerianBlogAwards? An individual or a corporate entity?
Re: #NigerianBlogAwards: Most Ridiculous Blog Awards! by Nobody: 3:29pm On Oct 20, 2012
Nigerianblogawards.com is run by "Good Naija Girl" now turned "Woman" from far away Canada! It's amusingly pathetic.

(1) (Reply)

Affiliate Marketing Whatsapp Group- Cpa Academy / Fully Activated US & UK Non Hosted Google Adsense for sale @ 5k only.. / Writer Needed For A Tech Blog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.