Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,555 members, 7,951,320 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 02:09 PM

When A Moderator Gets Power Crazy - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When A Moderator Gets Power Crazy (922 Views)

Pls Give Good Reasons Why You Cannot Be Elevated To The Status Of A Moderator / Jesoul A Moderator ? How, When , Why ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When A Moderator Gets Power Crazy by MacDaddy01: 8:42pm On Aug 21, 2012
lmao.... grin grin grin

I did not know that moderators now had the power to move threads that they did not like into the wrong section.

I wrote a thread about NL muslims avoidance to bad news about Islam and it got moved to the [b]Diary section[/b]from the islam section.

I was careful to make the thread non-abusive and factual, therefore the moderator could not hide the topic or ban me. The moderator's only choice was to move it to a dead section that most people on Nairaland do not know exists! Desperation and power craze!

https://www.nairaland.com/1024867/nl-muslims-judge-own-moderator...lol
MacDaddy01: I wrote a thread titled "why do NL Muslims avoid bad news". The thread was a serious thread on certain islamic issues.

The title of the thread got changed to "lamentations of Macdaddy" and it was moved to the "diaries" section.

Please take a look at the thread and see if it needed to be changed and moved;
https://www.nairaland.com/1024221/lamentations-macdaddy01

When people complain about Maclatunji, NL muslims say that he is right or they keep silent. Evidence is now here for you to judge cool

Re: When A Moderator Gets Power Crazy by Nobody: 9:01pm On Aug 21, 2012
Did maclatunji actually do that? grin
Very funny.
I think he just wanted to get a rise out of you.
Re: When A Moderator Gets Power Crazy by Nobody: 9:03pm On Aug 21, 2012
I'm sorry I can't join you in abusing the mods. Really. See I'm vying for mod and it'll disqualify me. So, once again, I'm sorry I've joined the dark side.
Re: When A Moderator Gets Power Crazy by MacDaddy01: 10:54pm On Aug 21, 2012
E_monkey: Did maclatunji actually do that? grin
Very funny.
I think he just wanted to get a rise out of you.

He did
I dont mind pranks as long as both sides can do it. If I try anything, the guy will ban me.

However, it is not a moderators job to do such things. Some peeps are just power hungry
Re: When A Moderator Gets Power Crazy by MacDaddy01: 10:55pm On Aug 21, 2012
SimonAndal: I'm sorry I can't join you in abusing the mods. Really. See I'm vying for mod and it'll disqualify me. So, once again, I'm sorry I've joined the dark side.
lol
Re: When A Moderator Gets Power Crazy by Nobody: 11:17pm On Aug 21, 2012
MacDaddy01:

He did
I dont mind pranks as long as both sides can do it. If I try anything, the guy will ban me.

However, it is not a moderators job to do such things. Some peeps are just power hungry

You cannot win a fight with a mod like maclatunji. I suggest you leave the Islam section alone to avoid any further aggravation from him.
Re: When A Moderator Gets Power Crazy by MacDaddy01: 1:22am On Aug 22, 2012
E_monkey:

You cannot win a fight with a mod like maclatunji. I suggest you leave the Islam section alone to avoid any further aggravation from him.

O ye of little faith.

I am winning. The war is not won in a day. Rome was not built in a day. When I was complaining a few months back, I was alone. Many more are complaining about his power craze.

This is just the beginning of the end.

All tyrants fall cool
Re: When A Moderator Gets Power Crazy by Nobody: 3:27am On Aug 22, 2012
Let me play devil's advocate here.
Have you guys that are complaining tried to see things from maclatunji's point of view? I don't know about your case all that well, but I went through the threads of other people who raised complaints and I found that they were deserving of their ban and of getting their posts hidden. These are people that cannot argue civilly and would always take to insulting Muslims and things they hold dear (pedophile prophet, terrorist Qur'an etc) even after it has been proven to them that their points of view are incorrect. Their hatred for Islam blinds them to the fact that there could actually be good things about the religion, contradict any discriminatory thing they say and they run off to anti-Islamic sites to get more 'evidence' that their opinions are correct.
I don't really blame them for their actions, Islam was not all that exposed before that 9/11 crap and since then, more and more terrorists claiming to be Muslims have come up from different parts of the world to destroy hopes of other people learning about/liking the religion.
Threads about Christianity on the Christian section do not contain as many insults as the ones in the Islam section, so understandably, more people get banned there/more posts get hidden.
Sorry for the epistle.
Re: When A Moderator Gets Power Crazy by MacDaddy01: 3:42am On Aug 22, 2012
E_monkey: Let me play devil's advocate here.
Have you guys that are complaining tried to see things from maclatunji's point of view? I don't know about your case all that well, but I went through the threads of other people who raised complaints and I found that they were deserving of their ban and of getting their posts hidden. These are people that cannot argue civilly and would always take to insulting Muslims and things they hold dear (pedophile prophet, terrorist Qur'an etc) even after it has been proven to them that their points of view are incorrect. Their hatred for Islam blinds them to the fact that there could actually be good things about the religion, contradict any discriminatory thing they say and they run off to anti-Islamic sites to get more 'evidence' that their opinions are correct.
I don't really blame them for their actions, Islam was not all that exposed before that 9/11 crap and since then, more and more terrorists claiming to be Muslims have come up from different parts of the world to destroy hopes of other people learning about/liking the religion.
Threads about Christianity on the Christian section do not contain as many insults as the ones in the Islam section, so understandably, more people get banned there/more posts get hidden.
Sorry for the epistle.

[size=14pt]Shut the Feck Up!! When did you become a silly apologist?[/size] angry angry angry angry

1) First apologist lie;
E_monkey: Threads about Christianity on the Christian section do not contain as many insults as the ones in the Islam section, so understandably, more people get banned there/more posts get hidden.

You lie There a more insults on christianity than islam on Niaraland. Jesus has been called a gay, a racist and a fake messiah here on Nairaland. Pastors have been ridiculed. Catholics have been called non-christians and Jehovah's Witnesses have been mocked. The christians still try to defend their faith. Jesoul the moderator only bans people who are repeat offenders after a sound and clear warning.
The islam section is almost void of criticism not to talk of insults. You get banned for saying the painful truth

2) Secondly, the evidence is there for you to judge but like an apologist you can not open your mouth to say that Maclatunji is wrong. Look at the evidence presented on this thread! It is clear as day.

Furthermore, I am one of the most prolific non-muslim posters on the islam section. For you o blindly miss my threads and then claim that non-muslims who post there just go to insult islam is just foolish and biased.

3) I do not go to the islam section to isnult. I criticize. Please read my threads.
Re: When A Moderator Gets Power Crazy by MacDaddy01: 2:35pm On Aug 22, 2012
Why has the thread not been moved back to the islam section?

https://www.nairaland.com/1024221/difficult-issues-islam
Re: When A Moderator Gets Power Crazy by truthislight: 10:22pm On Aug 22, 2012
MacDaddy01: Why has the thread not been moved back to the islam section?

https://www.nairaland.com/1024221/difficult-issues-islam

I think the mod need to step up his game.

There is this thread on muhamad being a womaniser, we were all learning one or two things from it, the next time i wanted to go through it, it has gone from the board and i was later told it has been moved to the islam section.

It was really frustrating.

Considering that the thread was open for the open religious section.

Quite unfair.

How will people learn when information is hidden?
Re: When A Moderator Gets Power Crazy by MacDaddy01: 11:23am On Aug 23, 2012
truthislight:

I think the mod need to step up his game.

There is this thread on muhamad being a womaniser, we were all learning one or two things from it, the next time i wanted to go through it, it has gone from the board and i was later told it has been moved to the islam section.

It was really frustrating.

Considering that the thread was open for the open religious section.

Quite unfair.

How will people learn when information is hidden?
Re: When A Moderator Gets Power Crazy by truthislight: 2:54pm On Aug 23, 2012
This mod dont seems to listen to the complains in this forum.
Re: When A Moderator Gets Power Crazy by MacDaddy01: 2:59pm On Aug 23, 2012
truthislight: This mod dont seems to listen to the complains in this forum.

The reasonable mods here are Jesoul and Manmustwacc but they cant help in the islam section
Re: When A Moderator Gets Power Crazy by manmustwac(m): 2:34am On Aug 24, 2012
Nothing we can do about what goes on in the Muslim section cry sad. Am considering getting a message across to Seun though
Re: When A Moderator Gets Power Crazy by manmustwac(m): 7:40am On Aug 24, 2012
On second thoughts why don't you write an open letter to Seun in the Nairaland/General section expressing your grieviences. Hope that helps.
Re: When A Moderator Gets Power Crazy by MacDaddy01: 9:34am On Aug 24, 2012
manmustwac: On second thoughts why don't you write an open letter to Seun in the Nairaland/General section expressing your grieviences. Hope that helps.

Seun cant do much about the Islam section as well. A death threat is not something that he can take lightly. sad
Re: When A Moderator Gets Power Crazy by truthislight: 12:37pm On Aug 24, 2012
When a poster is posting rot and insulting people it is ALL glaring for all to see.

And actions can be taken by the mod for that be it discipline or something.

When a mod keeps moving people thread from one section to Other section as (s)he pleases it defeats the essence of being/going to a forum to discuss.

Not even on religious topics can that be justified.

Are we kids?
Re: When A Moderator Gets Power Crazy by MacDaddy01: 2:30pm On Aug 24, 2012
truthislight: When a poster is posting rot and insulting people it is ALL glaring for all to see.

And actions can be taken by the mod for that be it discipline or something.

When a mod keeps moving people thread from one section to Other section as (s)he pleases it defeats the essence of being/going to a forum to discuss.

Not even on religious topics can that be justified.

Are we kids?

I wonder ooo!

Maclatunji is a tyrant!
Re: When A Moderator Gets Power Crazy by oiseworld: 4:39pm On Aug 24, 2012
i don't blame maclatunji, he is a true follower of the "na by force religion"
Re: When A Moderator Gets Power Crazy by MacDaddy01: 5:39pm On Aug 24, 2012
oiseworld: i don't blame maclatunji, he is a true follower of the "na by force religion"

Lmao

(1) (Reply)

Any Strong Bible Scholars Want To Break Down This Verse 1 John 5 Vs 8 / Christianity Is A Fraud New Proof / Incredible: Oro Worshippers Hold Funeral Rites For Pastor Ajanaku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.