Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,284 members, 7,974,289 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 07:58 PM

Sexual Abuse? When Less Than Ten Years Of Age - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Sexual Abuse? When Less Than Ten Years Of Age (918 Views)

How My Friend Became An Object Of Sexual Abuse / Women And The Lies Of 25yrs Of Age? / After Years Of Sleeping With His Girl, He No Longer Sees Her As A Wife Material (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sexual Abuse? When Less Than Ten Years Of Age by olulu(m): 12:23am On Dec 29, 2007
have u ever had ur privates fondled and done much more to, by an older cousin and/or an househelp (of the opposite sex) when u were less than 10years.
are u supposed to feel bad? and go for counselling? or is it confession?
cos i think i might have enjoyed it then, and i definitely don't feel bad about it.
or is it because am a guy?

just want ur views
Re: Sexual Abuse? When Less Than Ten Years Of Age by kaylala(m): 12:28am On Dec 29, 2007
shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Sexual Abuse? When Less Than Ten Years Of Age by iice(f): 7:53am On Dec 29, 2007
Its understandable if in 'innocence' you did not know what is happening, thus not knowing if you should feel bad or good about it. As for counseling, if the experience left you with problems (mentally,emotionally) then counseling is good
Re: Sexual Abuse? When Less Than Ten Years Of Age by clemcykul(f): 2:30pm On Dec 29, 2007
well maybe its becaus u were young and dint know much about scruples grin

u enjoyed the sensation ryte? meaning ure a spoilt brat!
Re: Sexual Abuse? When Less Than Ten Years Of Age by deniyor: 10:08pm On Dec 17, 2009
Haha, Yeah when I was abt 8 yrs or so, with the housegirl, One of the best early experiences, Hell I'm not complaining, Couple of yrs ago I wished I still kept info to finish off the innocent job she started then grin
Re: Sexual Abuse? When Less Than Ten Years Of Age by omega25red(m): 10:18pm On Dec 17, 2009
so you claim you enjoyed it if you were a parent would you want that to happen to your child even if they enjoyed it
Re: Sexual Abuse? When Less Than Ten Years Of Age by coolier(f): 10:21pm On Dec 17, 2009
omega25red:

so you claim you enjoyed it if you were a parent would you want that to happen to your child even if they enjoyed it

That is the question!
Re: Sexual Abuse? When Less Than Ten Years Of Age by snowdrops(m): 10:27pm On Dec 17, 2009
Sexually abused girls tend to suffer more amotional truama than boys.
That said, antipeadophile legislation is far too weak in Nigeria anyway.
Re: Sexual Abuse? When Less Than Ten Years Of Age by deniyor: 10:28pm On Dec 17, 2009
Of course no parent would want that to happen to their kid. As for me I didn't tell no one. Not out of fear but didn't want it to stop. Geez i saw boobies for the first time on a young 17yr girl.
Tho for the next  6 yrs after that  I became a peeping tom. At least I still turned out good eventually. I'm not into all that shrink stuff. If you need to pay for someone to talk to, grab a few true friends, go out drinking and spill your guts when u r all drunk. Case Closed.
Re: Sexual Abuse? When Less Than Ten Years Of Age by Akebulan: 10:38pm On Dec 17, 2009
olulu:

have u ever had your privates fondled and done much more to, by an older cousin and/or an househelp (of the opposite sex) when u were less than 10years.
are u supposed to feel bad? and go for counselling? or is it confession?
cos i think i might have enjoyed it then, and i definitely don't feel bad about it.
or is it because am a guy?

just want your views

Alot of children who experience this, end up integrating the experience into their view/values about sexuality; hence why its not suprise, that some do, end up being sexual predators themselves.
Children do develop abilities to experience relatively sexual feelings, wayyy before they become adults so, how is a 9 year old to know that what this grown adult had just done, isnt right, when it felt so good?
But enough about the child.
And no, you are not "supposed" to feel bad/ go for counselling/ anything, unless it has affected you negatively (which I assume that it would). Where it becomes difficult though, is when you dont feel like it has affected you, or when you have managed to "get over" it, and you never did tell anyone and then that person who did it to you, has a child.

Then, what do you do?

(1) (Reply)

How / Two Secrets To Keep Your Relationship/marriage Brimming / Count Down To Valentine,s Day Express Your Emotional Feelings To Your Vals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.