Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,471 members, 7,897,967 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 01:20 AM

Kenya Elections - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kenya Elections (789 Views)

Preparation To Welcome Buhari In Kenya - By Uhuru Kenyatta / Don’t Hold Elections In Adamawa, Governor Begs INEC / Buhari Claimed He Had His Certificates Intact In Previous Elections - Agbakoba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Kenya Elections by blueband(m): 9:48am On Dec 29, 2007
"By 9 a.m. (0600 GMT), the Electoral Commission of Kenya (ECK) had released results from 116 of the 210 constituencies, with Odinga leading by 2,620,547 votes to Kibaki's 2,362,696.

Both Kibaki's Party of National Unity (PNU) and Odinga's Orange Democratic Movement (ODM) demanded the authorities explain the delay.

"I would ask the president himself to step in now and calm the temperature of the country," ODM official Joseph Nyaga told Reuters after another ill-tempered ECK results briefing.

"This is not Nigeria. My request is that they release these results. Don't hold them back. You raise suspicions to a level that they may not contain."

http://africa.reuters.com/elections/kenya/top/news/usnL29690242.html

(1) (Reply)

Rebels Tends To Take Over Nigeria Government / "i Am Still Fired Up And Ready To Go," - Obama / Can Lamorde Arrest And Prosecute Obj And Co.?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.